AFMC Admission 2020 – Armed Force Medical College is situated in Pune, Maharashtra India. AFMC is affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and is recognized by the MCI for conducting undergraduate and various postgraduate medical courses. All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for admission to AFMC online at the official site i.e. afmc.nic.in. Want to know more about AFMC Admission 2020? Read all the information about courses offered, eligibility criteria, admission process, and seat intake on this page below.
AFMC Admission 2020
AFMC offers admission to MBBS, PG (Medical), PG (Dental) and AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality courses. Candidates who have qualified the NEET UG examination can apply for the MBBS courses of AFMC admission. All those candidates who have qualified the NEET-PG examination can apply for admission to AFMC PG (Medical) admission. However, the candidates who have completed their BDS course can apply for the AFMC PF (Dental) admission and the candidates having MBBS and MD/MS/DNB degrees can apply for the AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality courses.
AFMC MBBS Admission
Courses Offered for AFMC Admission
Candidates can check the courses offered for AFMU admission 2020 below.
- B.Sc Nursing
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Diploma in Anesthesia
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology
- Diploma in Hospital Administration
- Diploma in Industrial Health
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology
- Diploma in Psychological Medicin
- Diploma in Public Health
- Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Laboratory Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Radiographic Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Radiotherapy Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Cardio Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Neuro Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Blood Transfusion Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Optometry Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Perfusionist)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Operation Theatre Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Endoscopy Technician)
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology (Community Medicine/Health Inspector/ Emergency Medical Services)
Eligibility Criteria for AFMC Admission
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for AFMC admission below.
- Candidates are required to be a citizen of India or be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan or any other foreign country to permanently settle in India.
- Candidates must be unmarried and marrying between the course is not allowed.
- Candidates are required to be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence.
- Candidates must have attained the age of 17yrs on 31st Dec of the year of application, but must not have attained the age of 22 years on that date(Not more than 24 years in case of candidates who have passed or are appearing in final B Sc examinations).
- Candidates must have an MBBS Degree registered with State Medical Council or MCI.
- All those candidates who have completed/are completing an internship by March 2020 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are required to have a BDS Degree registered with State Dental Council (DCI).
- Candidates who have completed graduation are eligible to apply along with the Provisional Registration Certificate.
AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality
- Candidates are required to have an MBBS and MD/MS/DNB Degrees awarded by an institute recognized by State Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination of the qualifying examination can also apply for admission to AFMC DM MCh Super Speciality courses.
AFMC Admission Process
Candidates can check the admission process for AFMC below.
- At first, all the candidates are required to check the eligibility criteria given above on this page.
- Now if eligible then the candidates applying for Postgraduate courses offered by AFMC can apply by submitting the application form for NEET PG examination.
- Candidates applying for MBBS courses are required to appear for the NEET-UG examination.
- Then all the qualified candidates of NEET UG and PG are required to present their admit card and marks scored in the test.
- Then for counseling to AFMS Institutions, the candidates seeking admission to PG courses offered by AFMC should register on MCC website (www.mcc.nic.in).
- At last, AFMC verifies all the documents of the qualified candidates and then candidates are required to appear for the medical test conducted by AFMC.
- Then after the medical test if the qualified candidate is found fit then he/she can submit the required amount of the application fee and complete the registration process.
AFMC Seat Intakes
Candidates can check the total number of seats offered by AFMC below.
|Dermatology , Venereology |
|Immuno Haematology |
& Blood Transfusion
|Social & Preventive Medicine /|
|Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases /|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||8|
|Diploma in Dermatology,|
Venereology and Leprosy
|Diploma in Anesthesia||2|
|Diploma in Hospital Administration||6|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology||4|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology||2|
|Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology||2|
|Diploma in Psychological Medicin||1|
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune is a premier medical institute of India. It is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and is recognized by the Medical Council of India. AFMC was established in the year 1984 for postgraduate courses. It started offering its MBBS courses on August 4, 1962, with a very honest motive of inducting medical graduates to the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS). At present AFMC provides training to different under-graduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defense services.
Official website: afmc.nic.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.