|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
AIE Delhi Admission 2017 Entrance Exam – WAT
The Written Admission Test (WAT) 2017 for admission to the B. Ed. course will be held on Sunday, 16 April 2017 from 0930 hrs to 1230 hrs at 15 notified examination centers in India. The candidates will be required to report at their respective examination centers at 0900 hrs i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the WAT.
Examination Centers :
CWAT will be organized at the following centers at the examination venues to be notified to the candidates.
Candidates will be asked to fill their choice for the examination center they wish to appear for the WAT. As far as possible, the examination centers will be allotted to the candidates as per their first / second choice. However, in the event of minimum number of candidates not being available at a particular center, the organizers have a right to allot any other center to the candidate. In such a case, attempt will be made to allot the examination center closer to the candidate’s first / second choice. However, the test center once allotted will be final and no request for its change will be entertained.
Nature of WAT :
WAT will consist of 150 objective type test items to be responded by the candidates in the allocated duration of three hours. The test will have the following components: –
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test.
- General Awareness Test.
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test.
- Education / Aptitude for Teaching Test.
The medium of the test shall be English only.
No negative marking will be done.
AIE Delhi Admission 2017 Sample Paper
Intelligence and Reasoning Test
1. Which of the following is a possible decoding of the five digit message 4 6 5 3 6?
2. Dormitories range from two to six stories in height. If a dormitory room is above the second floor, it has a fire escape. If the statements above are true, which of the following must also be true?
(a) Second floor dormitory rooms do not have fire escapes.
(b) Third floor dormitory rooms do not have fire escapes.
(c) Fourth floor dormitory rooms have fire escapes.
(d) Some two-story dormitories do not have fire escapes
3. Given the premises
(i) All poets are whimsical
(ii) Some whimsical men are drug addicts
(iii) Frustrated men are prone to become drug addicts
Which of the following is the correct deduction?
(a) All poets are drug addicts.
(b) All frustrated men are whimsical
(c) Some frustrated men may be whimsical
(d) Poets are frustrated.
4. If 9 x 8 x 8 = 64
5 x 4 x 4 = 16
3 x 7x 2 = 19 then
10 x 7 x 4 = ?
5. The number of bacteria in a laboratory doubles every 20 minutes. If the number of bacteria is 364 at 08.00 a.m., what is the earliest time at which the count of bacteria will be 10,000?
(a) 09.00 a.m.
(b) 09.40 a.m.
(c) 09.20 a.m.
(d) 10.00 a.m.
Multiple-choice questions based on Venn diagrams as also involving simple interpretation of given data may also be incorporated in the question paper.
General Awareness Test
6. Tai Chi Chuan is best described as
(a) a martial art
(b) a way of meditation
(c) moving meditation
7. ‘Origin of Species’ is the creation of
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) H. G. Wells
(c) Thomas Hardy
(d) Charles Dickens
8. Teachers’ Day is associated with the
(a) Birth Anniversary of Zakir Hussain
(b) Birth Anniversary of Radha Krishnan
(c) Birth Anniversary of Rajendra Prasad
(d) Birth Anniversary of Maulana Azad
9. SARS stands for
(a) Serious Active Respiratory System
(b) Serious Acute Recurring Symptom
(c) Severe Acute Rheumatic Syndrome
(d) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
10. Which of the following was India’s first public sector enterprise?
(a) Air India
(b) Indian Telephone Industries
(c) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd
(d) Hindustan Petroleum
Education/ Aptitude for Teaching Test
11. A good school is that which
(a) Equips its students for earning their livelihood
(b) Nurtures qualities of good citizenship in its students
(c) Helps in the all round development of its students
(d) Enables its students to be successful in their examination
12. You are a teacher and you find some of your students using abusive language in the class. In such a situation you would
(a) Punish them then and there.
(b) Ignore the matter
(c) Talk to the students in confidence
(d) Inform their parents
13. The District Primary Education Program (DPEP) in India is largely funded by
(a) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
(d) World Bank
14. On topics like Sex, AIDS etc which of the following would be a correct approach?
(a) Children should not be exposed to such discussions till they are completely mature.
(b) One has to be careful in such discussions even in case of adults.
(c) We should arrange gradual and planned discussion on the subject with the children.
(d) Free and frank discussion can be undertaken with any age- group as and when the group desires.
15. UNESCO report on Education for the 21st Century is titled as
(a) Towards a Humane and Enlightened Society
(b) Towards a Learning Society
(c) Learning: The Treasure Within
(d) Learning to Be
English Language Competency & Comprehension Test
16. In the following question read the given sentence carefully and note the italicized word or phrase. Choose the word or phrase given under the sentence that conveys the same meaning as the italicized word or phrase in the given sentence.
The munificence of the business was great.
(d) Tact in handling business
17. In the following question the given sentence has an error. The sentence is divided into four parts. Identify the part that has the error and mark it as your response on the answer sheet
a. If through carelessness,
b. someone damages your car,
c. he is under a legal obligation
d. to pay the cost of repair.
18. Fill in the blank choosing the correct option.
Then he launched on ———– to a person, calling him brilliant, loving and saintly.
19. ‘Out and out’ means
(b) Far away
(c) To throw away
(d) Lost completely
20. Select the inappropriate word as per the meaning and usage of to underlined word given in the sentence.
Vindictive thoughts will block the healing of emotional scars.
Multiple-choice comprehension questions based on given passages would also be incorporated in the test.