Army Institute of Education offers a residential full time professional pre-service teacher education programme of the duration of Two academic years leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. The Written Admission Test (WAT) 2019 for admission to the B. Ed. course will be held on May 19, 2019, at notified examination centers in India. The candidates will be required to report at their respective examination centers on time i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the WAT.
AIE Delhi Admission 2019 Entrance Exam – WAT
Candidates should fill their choice for the examination center they wish to appear for the WAT. As far as possible, the examination centers will be allotted to the candidates as per their first/second choice. However, in the event of minimum number of candidates not being available at a particular center, the organizers have a right to allow any other center to the candidate. In such a case, the attempt will be made to allow the examination center closer to the candidate’s first/second choice. Schedule for the examination is given below.
|Sale of prospectus||22 Mar 2019|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms at AIE|
|Admit cards for B.Ed. Special Education (CET Code 159)|
|Admit cards for B.Ed. (CET Code 122)||14 May 2019|
|Combined Written Admission Test (WAT)|
|Declaration of WAT Results|
|Counselling of students in WAT Merit list||Notified soon|
|Commencement of the B. Ed. Course||1st week of Aug 2019|
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Wards / wives of serving Army personnel.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel who have taken discharge / release after ten years of service.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Children of Widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non – Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility criteria for wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with IN/IAF. Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers / Army Dental officers serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS and of those who, as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS after completing their minimum pension able service.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS / TA Personnel. The following are Eligible:-
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
AIE – Admission in these institutions will be governed by the following:-
- Priority of Admission for B.Ed. Colleges
- All eligible candidates should be treated at par. There will be no priority or categorization.
- 5% weight age will be given to war widows/dependent of war widows (Army).
- Definition of Dependent Children. Dependent children are defined as Sons/Daughters till marriage or employment which ever is earlier.
The following categories are not eligible:-
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a statutory university recognized as equivalent to the course in the college shall not be permitted to appear for the examination for the same course
AIE Delhi Application Form
AIE Delhi has released application form to take admission in B.Ed for the academic year 2019-21. The form is available now at the AIE official website. Candidate have to fill the application form. Candidate can also download the same from the Application Form page under Quick Links.
Custody of Original Certificates
All original certificates will have to be produced by the candidate for verification of his eligibility for admission to the B.Ed. Course. These will be produced on the day of admission and will thereafter be retained by the institute. All original documents will be returned to the candidates on the completion of the course. Candidates are advised to apply / approach the university where they appeared for the last examination and obtain their migration certificate well in time. Admission may be denied if the migration certificate is not produced at the time of joining the college.
Withdrawal of Original Certificates
In case a candidate admitted to the institute desires to withdraw his/ her original certificates to facilitate his / her admission to some other college / institute, he/ she will be permitted to do so for the period to be decided by the institute. In case the candidate does not deposit the withdrawn original certificates back by the date specified for the purpose his / her admission will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the candidate next in the merit.
Scheme of Examination
- The Two year B.Ed. Programme is of 92 credits and the student will have to earn 88credits.
- In a Four credit course, Three credits are assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work
- In a two Credit course , one credit is assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work.
- The language of the CET for B.Ed. shall be in both English and Hindi. The Question Paper shall be set both in English and Hindi Language (Except the English Comprehension Section which shall only be in English)
- In a theory course , one credit is equivalent to one hour of teaching
- In the practical course, one credit is equivalent to two hours of engagement in teaching and learning.
- Each student shall be required to appear for examination in the entire course.
- For theory courses, breakup of marks is given under; (i) 100 marks- 75 Theory Exam (ii) 15 Practical Assignments / Field Engagement -10 Minor.
- For a Practical course, the ratio of External and Internal marks is 60:40.
- For passing in any course, minimum 50% marks are required to be secured.
- The timetable for the B.Ed. Programme should be prepared in a manner to ensure that it contains at least Thirty Six working hours per week.
AIE Delhi Admit Card
AIE Delhi will release the admit card in the 4th week of April 2019 for the candidates to take admission in WAT organised by the AIE Delhi. The Admit Card will be available to the candidates who filled the application form on time. The admit card will be sent through speed post to the candidates before the exam. No admit card will be uploaded on the website.
The WAT will be held on 4th May 2019 and the result will be declared on 17th May 2019 and the regular courses will be commenced from August 2019.The inter-se-merit of the candidate taking into consideration his / her performance in the WAT will be displayed on the notice board of AIE, Greater Noida. The list will also be put up on the AIE and AWES websites and sent to all Command and Corps HQs and HQ Delhi. The B.Ed. program involves lectures, discussions, tutorials, school-based experiences, community work and co-curricular activities including physical education. Candidate can check their result after the declaration from the official websites with regular updates. The updates regarding the exams and results will also be notify here.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of under given processes.
WAT (Written Admission Test)
The Written Admission Test (WAT) 2019 for admission to the B.Ed. course will be held on the 4th May 2019 at notified examination centers in India. The candidates will be required to report at their respective examination centers on time i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the WAT.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates performance in the WAT.
Final decision of the Authority
Authority will decide the final decision of the candidate for take admission.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.