AIE Delhi has released the notification regarding AIE Delhi Admission 2018. Army Institute of Education will conducts Written Admission Test (WAT) for admission to the B.Ed Courses at Army Institute of Education (AIE), Greater Noida for the academic year 2018-20. Candidates can check the details of AIE Delhi Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
All admissions made by Army Institute of Education to its B. Ed. course are provisional. The admissions made by the institute will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria are met and the admissions are endorsed by GGSIP University.
AIE Delhi Admission 2018
Army Institute of Education offers a residential full time professional pre-service teacher education programme of the duration of two academic years leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. Admit card will be sent to the candidates through speed post for WAT 2018 by the organising body. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the WAT.
|Sale of prospectus||16 Jan 2018|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms at AIE|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms with late fee of Rs. 100/- at AIE||
07 Apr 2018
|Dispatch of WAT admit cards will be done till||
07 Apr 2018
|Combined Written Admission Test (WAT)||22 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of WAT Results||07 May 2018|
|Counselling/ Admission of WAT qualified candidates (with full fee)||18 & 19 May 2018|
|Counseling/Admission of candidates drawn from the Waitlist (with full fee)||21 & 22 May 2018|
|Commencement of the B. Ed. Course||01 Aug 2018|
There will be a Written Admission Test (WAT) for admission to the B.Ed Course 2018-2020 of Army Institute of Education (AIE), Greater NOIDA. The prospectus is now available and can be downloaded from Institute website (www.aie.ac.in) and also the prospectus is available in all Command HQs, (AWES cell).
AIE Delhi Admission 2018 Eligibility
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Wards / wives of serving Army personnel.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel who have taken discharge / release after ten years of service.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Children of Widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non – Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility criteria for wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with IN/IAF. Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers / Army Dental officers serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS and of those who, as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS after completing their minimum pension able service.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS / TA Personnel. The following are Eligible:-
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
AIE – Admission in these institutions will be governed by the following:-
- Priority of Admission for B.Ed. Colleges
- All eligible candidates should be treated at par. There will be no priority or categorization.
- 5% weight age will be given to war widows/dependent of war widows (Army).
- Definition of Dependent Children. Dependent children are defined as Sons/Daughters till marriage or employment which ever is earlier.
Candidates who are ineligible The following categories are not eligible:-
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a statutory university recognized as equivalent to the course in the college shall not be permitted to appear for the examination for the same course.
AIE Delhi has released application form to take admission in B.Ed for the acedamic year 2018-20. The form is available at the AIE official website. Candidate have to fill the application form. Candidate can also download the same from the Application Fowm page under Quick Links. Application Form must be filled and sent with the application fee to the describe address on or before the last date of application form.
Custody of Original Certificates
All original certificates will have to be produced by the candidate for verification of his eligibility for admission to the B.Ed. Course. These will be produced on the day of admission and will thereafter be retained by the institute. All original documents will be returned to the candidates on the completion of the course. Candidates are advised to apply / approach the university where they appeared for the last examination and obtain their migration certificate well in time. Admission may be denied if the migration certificate is not produced at the time of joining the college.
Inability to Produce Original Documents at the Time of Admission
In case a candidate is already pursuing a course of study in some other institute and the original certificates are held elsewhere, he / she will be provisionally admitted on the basis of the attested copies of his/ her certificates. In such cases, the candidate must produce a letter from the Head of the college / institution concerned stating the fact. Once the admission has been granted, the candidate must produce the original certificates within 15 days of his / her admission to the institute for verification, failing which the admission of the candidate will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the candidate next in merit.
Withdrawal of Original Certificates
In case a candidate admitted to the institute desires to withdraw his/ her original certificates to facilitate his / her admission to some other college / institute, he/ she will be permitted to do so for the period to be decided by the institute. In case the candidate does not deposit the withdrawn original certificates back by the date specified for the purpose his / her admission will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the candidate next in the merit.
Scheme of Examination
The Two year B.Ed. Programme is of 92 credits and the student will have to earn 88credits.
- In a Four credit course, Three credits are assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work
- In a two Credit course , one credit is assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work.
- In a theory course , one credit is equivalent to one hour of teaching
- In the practical course, one credit is equivalent to two hours of engagement in teaching and learning.
- Each student shall be required to appear for examination in the entire course.
- For theory courses, breakup of marks is given under; (i) 100 marks- 75 Theory Exam (ii) 15 Practical Assignments / Field Engagement -10 Minor.
- For a Practical course, the ratio of External and Internal marks is 60:40.
- For passing in any course, minimum 50% marks are required to be secured.
- The timetable for the B.Ed. Programme should be prepared in a manner to ensure that it contains at least Thirty Six working hours per week.
AIE Delhi will release the admit card for the candidates to take admission in WAT organised by the AIE Delhi. The Admit Card will be available to the candidates who filled the application form on time. The admit card will be sent through speed post to the candidates before the exam. No admit card will be uploaded on the website.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates performance in the WAT. In deciding about the inter-se-merit, the tie if any will be resolved in the following order of priority.
- Candidates older in age will rank higher.
- If after applying above there is yet a tie, then candidates securing higher marks in Language Competency and Comprehension Test Component in the WAT will rank higher.
- If after applying above there is yet a tie, then candidates securing higher marks in the qualifying examinations will rank higher.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of under given processes.
WAT (Written Admission Test)
The Written Admission Test (WAT) 2018 for admission to the B.Ed. course will be held on Sunday, 22 April 2018 from 09:30 hrs to 12:30 hrs at 15 notified examination centers in India. The candidates will be required to report at their respective examination centers by 09:00 hrs i.e. at least half an hour before the commencement of the WAT.
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates performance in the WAT.
Final decision of the Authority
Authority will decide the final decision of the candidate for take admission.
Documents to be Submitted on Admission
The following certificates will be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission:-
- Self certified/attested copies of relevant degree and statement of marks of qualifying examination and other higher examination passed by the candidates.
- Character / Conduct Certificate issued by a Gazette Officer / Head of the Institution last attended, in original.
- Migration Certificate from the university from which the candidate has passed his / her last examination, in original.
- Medical Fitness Certificate. (Certificate No 8), if not submitted earlier, in original.
The fee per annum for the B. Ed. Programme at Army Institute of Education is as under:-
Note: Fee for the full one year be paid in advance before beginning of the academic session. The Fees structure may be revised as per the direction of Govt of NCT of Delhi/GGSIP University during the session also. College fee for 2nd year will be ₹ 82,070/-.
Refund : The security deposit will be refunded to the students after deducting dues, if any, on their completion of the B. Ed. course.
Official Website: www.aie.ac.in.
For more details on AIE Delhi Admission 2018, download information brochure.