|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Army Institute of Education will conducts Written Admission Test (WAT) for admission to the B.Ed Courses at Army Institute of Education (AIE), Greater Noida for the academic year 2017-19. Candidates can check the details of AIE Delhi Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
All admissions made by Army Institute of Education to its B. Ed. course are provisional. The admissions made by the institute will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria are met and the admissions are endorsed by GGSIP University.
Latest – AIE Delhi Admission 2017 Merit List has been declared. Check the link below.
AIE Delhi Admission 2017
Army Institute of Education offers a residential full time professional pre-service teacher education programme of the duration of two academic years leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. Admit card will be issued for WAT 2017 before the few days of examination which will be held in the month of April 2017. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the WAT.
Schedule for the AIE Delhi Admission 2017 is given below.
|Sale of prospectus||16 Jan 2017|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms at AIE||15 Mar 2017|
|Last date for receipt of completed application forms with late fee of Rs. 100/- at AIE||30 Mar 2017|
|Dispatch of WAT admit cards||31 Mar 2017|
|Combined Written Admission Test (WAT)||16 Apr 2017|
|Declaration of WAT Results||04 May 2017|
|Counselling/ Admission of WAT qualified candidates (with full fee)||15-16 May 2017|
|Counseling/Admission of candidates drawn from the Wait list (with full fee)||17-18 May 2017|
|Commencement of the B. Ed. Course||01 Aug 2017|
- Click Here for Counselling Instructions, Certificates & Payment Mode for Admission in Batch 2017-19.
AIE Delhi Admission 2017 Eligibility
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories :-
- Wards / wives of serving Army personnel.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel who have taken discharge / release after ten years of service.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Children of Widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non – Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility criteria for wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with IN/IAF. Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers / Army Dental officers serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS and of those who, as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS after completing their minimum pension able service.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS / TA Personnel. The following are Eligible:-
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
AIE – Admission in these institutions will be governed by the following:-
- Priority of Admission for B.Ed. Colleges
- All eligible candidates should be treated at par. There will be no priority or categorization.
- 5% weight age will be given to war widows/dependent of war widows (Army).
- Definition of Dependent Children. Dependent children are defined as Sons/Daughters till marriage or employment which ever is earlier.
Candidates who are ineligible The following categories are not eligible :-
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a statutory university recognized as equivalent to the course in the college shall not be permitted to appear for the examination for the same course.
For Complete Eligibility Conditions Details refer to the information brochure given in the quick links.
Scheme of Examination
- The Two year B.Ed. Programme is of 80 credits; the student shall have to earn all the credits.
- In a Four credit course, Three credits are assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work
- In a two Credit course , one credit is assigned for theory and one credit for practical assignments or field work.
- In a theory course , one credit is equivalent to one hour of teaching
- In the practical course, one credit is equivalent to two hours of engagement in teaching and learning.
- Each student shall be required to appear for examination in the entire course.
- For theory courses, breakup of marks is given under; (i) 100 marks- 75 Theory Exam (ii) 15 Practical Assignments / Field Engagement -10 Minor.
- For a Practical course, the ratio of External and Internal marks is 60:40.
- For passing in any course, minimum 50% marks are required to be secured.
- The timetable for the B.Ed. Programme should be prepared in a manner to ensure that it contains at least Thirty Six working hours per week.
The fee per annum for the B. Ed. Programme at Army Institute of Education is as under:-
Note: Fee for the full one year be paid in advance before beginning of the academic session. The Fees structure may be revised as per the direction of Govt of NCT of Delhi/GGSIP University during the session also. College fee for 2nd year will be ₹ 76,930/-.
Refund : The security deposit will be refunded to the students after deducting dues, if any, on their completion of the B. Ed. course.
Documents to be Submitted on Admission
The following certificates will be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission:-
- Self certified/attested copies of relevant degree and statement of marks of qualifying examination and other higher examination passed by the candidates.
- Character / Conduct Certificate issued by a Gazette Officer / Head of the Institution last attended, in original.
- Migration Certificate from the university from which the candidate has passed his / her last examination, in original.
- Medical Fitness Certificate. (Certificate No 8), if not submitted earlier, in original.
Custody of Original Certificates
All original certificates will have to be produced by the candidate for verification of his eligibility for admission to the B.Ed. Course. These will be produced on the day of admission and will thereafter be retained by the institute. All original documents will be returned to the candidates on the completion of the course. Candidates are advised to apply / approach the university where they appeared for the last examination and obtain their migration certificate well in time. Admission may be denied if the migration certificate is not produced at the time of joining the college.
Inability to Produce Original Documents at the Time of Admission
In case a candidate is already pursuing a course of study in some other institute and the original certificates are held elsewhere, he / she will be provisionally admitted on the basis of the attested copies of his/ her certificates. In such cases, the candidate must produce a letter from the Head of the college / institution concerned stating the fact. Once the admission has been granted, the candidate must produce the original certificates within 15 days of his / her admission to the institute for verification, failing which the admission of the candidate will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the candidate next in merit.
Withdrawal of Original Certificates
In case a candidate admitted to the institute desires to withdraw his/ her original certificates to facilitate his / her admission to some other college / institute, he/ she will be permitted to do so for the period to be decided by the institute. In case the candidate does not deposit the withdrawn original certificates back by the date specified for the purpose his / her admission will be cancelled and the seat allotted to the candidate next in the merit.