AIE Delhi Admission 2020 – The Army Institute of Education is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The Institute offers B.Ed and B.Ed. Spl. Ed. (LD) courses for which the admission is done on the basis of IPU Common Entrance Test (CET). The CET code are 122 for B.Ed and 159 for B.Ed. Spl. Ed. (LD). The candidates are then called for the counselling process at AIE and are offered admission. Check below the entire AIE Delhi Admission 2020 process expained in details.
AIE Delhi Admission 2020
Army Institute of Education offers a residential full time professional pre-service teacher education program of the duration of two academic years leading to Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in CETs as conducted by IPU.
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Eligibility
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Wards / wives of serving Army personnel.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel granted / awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board / invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Wards / wives of Ex Army personnel who have taken discharge / release after ten years of service.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Remarried Widows.
- Adopted Child of Army personnel adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born out of wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
- Children of Widows of Army personnel who are born as a result of second marriage with Army personnel. However, children of widows of Army personnel born out of remarriage with Non – Army personnel would not be eligible for admission.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases.
- Eligibility criteria for wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with IN/IAF. Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers / Army Dental officers serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS Personnel.
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS and of those who, as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS after completing their minimum pension able service.
Eligibility Criteria for Children of MNS / TA Personnel. The following are Eligible:-
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
AIE – Admission in these institutions will be governed by the following:-
- Priority of Admission for B.Ed. Colleges
- All eligible candidates should be treated at par. There will be no priority or categorization.
- 5% weight age will be given to war widows/dependent of war widows (Army).
- Definition of Dependent Children. Dependent children are defined as Sons/Daughters till marriage or employment which ever is earlier.
The following categories are not eligible:-
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a statutory university recognized as equivalent to the course in the college shall not be permitted to appear for the examination for the same course.
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates can get the admission form online at the website of IPU and AIE. The process of application is:
Step 1: Fill the application form online at IPU website, or the candidates can download the form from the website of AIE.
Step 2: The candidates then need to fill the application form in the prescribed format.
Step 3: Next, the forms are to be submitted as per the mode that the candidate has selected.
Step 4: The last stage is to make the payment. The forms are not submitted unless the payment is successful.
Mode of payment: Online
Application fee: Rs. 1000/-
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection process includes the below given stages:
Stage 1: Fill the application form and appear for IPU CET code 122 for B.Ed and 159 for B.Ed. Spl. Ed. (LD)
Stage 2: Next, the qualifued candidates are called for counselling at AIE.
Stage 3: The final admission is based on fulfillment of the admission formalities
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Counselling
AIE Delhi updates the counselling dates for the students on the basis of their ranks in CET Merit list. On the day of counselling students are requested to bring along various documents like
- Matric Certificate and mark sheet
- Higher Secondary Certificate and mark sheet
- B.A. / B.Sc. Degree Certificate and mark sheet of first, second and third year
- M.A. / M.Sc. / M.Com Degree Certificate and mark sheet of previous and final year.
Also, a few original certificates viz. Medical Certificate, Character Certificate of the last attended Institute / University and Migration Certificate along with six passport size photographs. For further instructions regarding the mode of payment,etc students are requested to visit the official site on regular basis.
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Documents to be Submitted on Admission
The following certificates will be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission:-
- Self certified/attested copies of relevant degree and statement of marks of qualifying examination and other higher examination passed by the candidates.
- Character / Conduct Certificate issued by a Gazette Officer / Head of the Institution last attended, in original.
- Migration Certificate from the university from which the candidate has passed his / her last examination, in original.
- Medical Fitness Certificate. (Certificate No 8), if not submitted earlier, in original.
AIE Delhi Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The candidates can check the fee structure of AIE Delhi Admission from below.
Official Website: www.aie.ac.in.