AIEEA PG 2019 Seats & Reservations – Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR) is responsible for providing agriculture and allied sciences related education and research opportunities to various interested eligible candidates. For the master degree, all the eligible candidates need to appear an apply for the 24th All India Entrance Examination For Admission( AIEEA PG 2019). All the recognized agricultural universities have set aside 25% of their master programmes seat for the candidates admitted through this exam. Besides, these universities all the 4 ICAR DUs also takes the scores or ranks of this national level entrance examination for admission purposes. Note that, candidates having passed a bachelors degree for 3 years duration would n’t be eligible for admissions to IARI and NDRI. To know more details on AIEEA PG 2019 seats and reservations, candidates can keep reading!
AIEEA PG 2019 Seats & Reservations
Physically Challenged candidates will be given 5% reservation in Scholarship programmes across all the other categories. Note that, a candidate will be provided admission to all the accredited colleges except for Dr.RP CAU, Pusa, Bihar where all the seats will be filled as per ICAR norms, directly. The total number of seats available in Master degree programmes for this year is said to be released at the time of counseling.
Reservation Of Seats
ICAR reserves some percent of its total seats for the minority or backward category candidates, to provide them with fair opportunities. As per the reservation policy, it follows, it will be reserving some seats under its scholarship scheme as well.
- SC candidates – 15%
- ST candidates – 7.5%
- PC candidates – 3%
- OBC(NCL) candidates – As per Government norms
- Remote and Underprivileged States/UT (UPS) – 2%
Reservation Of Remote and the Underprivileged States/UT(UPS) – That 2% of seats will be reserved for the candidates belonging to underprivileged states or union territories, where there is no educational institute providing agriculture-related education and no SAUs in some of the states and union territories like the following mentioned below. Such candidates will also be required to carry their domicile certificate at the time of counseling.
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Daman & Diu
- Dadar & Nagar Haveli
- The seats reserved for SC/ST candidates are not interchangeable. Or in other words, if there is enough number of seats reserved that have not been filled under PG Scholarship, these seats will be filled by suitable SC/ST candidates as per the ranks achieved by them in AIEEA PG 2019.
- No candidates shall be eligible to avail the reservation schemes till the time they are able to produce the caste certificates.
- Central OBC(NCL) candidates can avail their reservations from Viswa Bharati, BHU, AMU, SASARD CAUs, CIFE, IARI, IVRI, Nagaland University, and NDRI universities.
- ICAR PG Scholarship scheme would not be applicable to OBC(NCL) and UPS category candidates. Rather, overall merit will be based will determine the PG ICAR Scholarship for them.
AIEEA 2019 Seat Allocation
- Firstly, a candidate will be required to fill the application forms online, as and when they are made available on the official website of ICAR i.e www.icar.org.in.
- Thereby, all the applicants will be able to download the admit cards for the exam and appear for AIEEA PG 2019.
- Answer Keys will be able released, with the help of which a candidate will be able to estimate the chances of qualifying for the exam.
- Soon after the answer keys have been released, the results will be declared in the form of merit lists for different categories and different subject groups.
- Register and pay the counseling charges in online mode.
- Report to university and course to which the rank of the candidate matches to, the allotted center along with the list of documents.
- After the documents have been verified, a candidate will be allotted a seat. If satisfied with the allotted seat he or she can pay off the admission fees to freeze the seat under their name. Also, if eligible for the scholarship scheme, make sure to avail that as well.
As per last year’s records, this is how the courses across various subject groups were distributed across ICAR accredited Universities.
For more details about AIEEA PG 2019, refer 2018’s Information Brochure.
Insofar, Official details for AIEEA PG 2019 has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as ICAR will release the official notification, information will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.