AIIMS B.Sc Admission 2020 Exam Scheme and Selection– All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducts the entrance exam for admissions in B.Sc. In AIIMS entrance exam, candidates have to solve multiple-choice questions within a stipulated time period. Selection of the candidate is done on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. Qualifiers are called for online counselling. The final selection of the candidate is made after the counselling is conducted. Scroll down to check in detail about the exam pattern and selection.
Latest: AIIMS, Delhi has released the notice for revised schedule for admission process for B.Sc Programme 2020. Scroll down to check.
AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions 2020 Exam Scheme and Selection Process
Candidates can check the schedule for AIIMS B.Sc 2020 from the table given below.
|Courses||Entrance test||Interview and |
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)|
11 Jun 2020
29 Jun 2020 – Final Result
|B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing||—|
|B.Sc.( Hons.) Para-Medical Courses||—|
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2020 Revised Schedule Notice
- Click here to download the above notice.
AIIMS B.Sc 2020 Selection Process
Candidates can check the process of selection from the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, candidates have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by AIIMS.
- Those who qualify the exam are called for the online counselling.
- The final selection of the candidate is made after the counselling.
AIIMS B.Sc 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern from below.
Exam Scheme for B.Sc (Hons)
- Duration: The duration of the exam is two hour (120 minutes).
- Number of questions: There are a total of 100 questions asked in B.Sc (H) online exam.
- Type of questions: All the questions are objective type i.e multiple choice questions are asked.
Candidates can check the distribution of marks from the table given below.
Exam Scheme for B.Sc (Paramedical)
- Duration: The exam is of 1 hour 30 minutes duration.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the exam.
- Number of questions: Each section consists of 30 questions.
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics are the four parts of the B.Sc paramedical entrance exam. The candidate shall either attempt Biology or Mathematics.
Exam Scheme for B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic)
In B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic), the selection is done based on the two stages.
- Stage 1: Written examination
- Stage 2: Personal Assessment/Interview
Scheme of Written Exam
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes is the duration of B.Sc Post Basic
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the written exam.
- Number of questions: There are a total number of 70 questions.
- Subjects: Fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
Scheme of Personal Interview
Candidates are called for personal interview/assessment round based on the merit in the written examination. This round consists of 30 marks. The admission of the candidate is done based on the aggregate marks in stage 1 and 2. The number of candidates called for a personal round is three times more than the number of seats available. The assessment of candidates is done based on the following.
- Past academic attainment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination.
- Past academic attainment in the Nursing examination.
- Performance as a Staff Nurse.
AIIMS B.Sc 2020 Marking Scheme
Candidates can check the marking pattern from below.
- One (1) mark is allotted for every correct answer.
- Deduction of -1/3 mark is done for every incorrect answer.
- No mark is given for unattempted questions.
- No mark is given for the questions marked for review.
- More than one response on one questions is marked negatively.
AIIMS B.Sc 2020 Counselling
Candidates called for online counselling are 8 times more than the number of seats available. The order of online counselling is General/ST/SC/OBC. The counselling is done by combined merit list starting from Rank number 1. Candidates are given the facility of choice filling. Candidates can in order of merit exercise their choice of subject according to the availability of seats. There are a total number of three rounds in counselling. The last or the final round is held in physical mode. Rest all the seat allotments rounds are done online.
AIIMS B.Sc. Admissions
Candidates are given admission in B.Sc(H) Nursing/B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic)/B.Sc(Paramedical) through an entrance test. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) move with a mission to provide a curriculum which will enhance the very implementation of research and efficiency in the field of Medical Sciences. Candidates wanting to pursue their carreer in the field of Medical Sciences courses are advised to foremost check their eligibility criteria before applying for any said programme.The program is intended to furnish the candidates in modern day operation room technology including patient data collection and adherence to safety check lists, communication and soft skills, ethics, safe transfer of patient, in and out of operation theatre.
Q. Is there any negative marking scheme in the exam?
Q. Can we request for the change in alloted centre of the examination?
Q. If we marked any question for review, what does it mean?
Insofar, Official details for AIIMS B.Sc Admissions 2020 has not been announced yet only the schedule is provided. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as AIIMS will release the AIIMS B.Sc Admissions 2020, the information will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.