AIIMS MBBS 2020 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS2), New Delhi conducts AIIMS MBBS entrance exam every year for admission into MBBS programme. Candidates who have 10+2 with PCB can apply online from the official website.Through the score of the entrance exam, candidates will get the admission into MBBS programmes offered in AIIMS New Delhi and 14 other AIIMS. The test consist of 200 MCQ type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. For more details about AIIMS MBBS 2020 read the page below.
Latest: Admission into AIIMS MBBS will be via NEET
AIIMS MBBS 2020
Last year, the total number of 3,38,457 candidates appeared for the exam, from which 1,57,488 candidates were males and 1,80,934 were females. Check expected dates for AIIMS MBBS 2020 from the table below:
|AIIMS MBBS 2020||Dates|
|Basic Registration starts||4th week of Nov 2019 to 2nd Week of Jan 2020|
|Online Registration of Applications||Feb 2020|
|Online Registration of Applications closes||Mar 2020|
|Status of Registration including rejection / deficiencies in application||Mar 2020|
|Hosting / Uploading the Admit Cards||May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Examination||30 and 31 May 2020|
|Result Notification||16 Jun 2020|
|Schedule of Online Counselling||Jun or Jul 2020|
|Orientation Programme by CREST- 7 days||Jul 2020|
|Teacher Mentors Programme Interactive Session||Jul 2020|
|Academic Programme commences||Aug 2020|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance exam is as per the prescribed syllabus of class 12th and 11th in PCMB. Candidates can check out the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Syllabus from below:
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Class XI||Class XII|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s – Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p – Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and Environment
- Biodiversity and Conservation
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- Current Affairs
- History and Geography
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Authors
- Nobel Laureates
Syllabus for Aptitude & Logical Thinking:
- Coding and Decoding
- Venn Diagrams
- Mirror Images
- Odd One Out
- Clock Concepts
- Blood Relations
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
For better preparation of the exam, candidates can check the exam pattern of AIIMS MBBS from below:
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Mode of the exam: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Language of the Question Paper: Either English or Hindi (as per the choice of the candidate)
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Based Questions and Reason – Assertion Type Questions
- Total number of Questions: 200 Questions
- Total number of Marks: 200 Marks
- For every right answer: 1 mark is added to the total score.
- For every wrong answer: -⅓ of the marks of the question is deducted from the total score.
- For any unanswered question/ marked for review: 0 marks are deducted.
Distribution table of Questions and Marks:
|Sections||No. of Ques.||No. of Marks|
|Biology (Zoology or Botany)||60||60|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10||10|
Distribution of Type of Questions:
|Type of Questions||No. of Questions|
|Multiple Choice Based Questions (MCQs)||140|
|Reason Assertion Type Questions||60|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 How to Prepare Tips
Candidates can refer the following tios below for the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Preparation Tips:
- Proper Time Table – Make a Timetable First: You must divide the topics according to the level of difficulty and plan out to devout n number of hours to each of them daily.
- Keep the Formulas Ready: There are endless formulas in each subject, and it is very important to remember all of them. So you should make a separate copy/ notebook of all the formulas and revise them daily.
- Do Physics First: Physics obviously requires much attention, so you should focus more time in the beginning on Physics to understand and learn the core concepts.
- For Chemistry: Many students struggle most in inorganic chemistry, so it is important to learn the theories first.
- For Biology: Biology is so much theory which must be remembered by you. So, prepare notes, for each and every chapter and keep on revising them as you move forward. There are also many diagrams, so keep a separate notebook for chapter wise diagrams only.
- Previous Year’s Question Papers: Solve more and more previous year’s question papers to increase your speed and to boos your confidence.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Best Books to Prepare
Candidates can refer the following books for their AIIMS MBBS 2020 Preparation:
|Concepts of Physics by HC Verma||Buy Now|
|Problems in General Physics- I.E. Irodov||Buy Now|
|Objective Physics for Medical Entrance Exam||Buy Now|
|Organic Chemistry by Paul Bruice||Buy Now|
|Objective Biology by Dinesh||Buy Now|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for AIIMS MBBS 2020, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the mentioned below Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality: must be a citizen of India
Age Limit: The age of the candidate must be 17 years
- have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject from any recognized board
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 can also apply for AIIMS MBBS
AIIMS MBBS Minimum Cutoff Score
Candidates applying for AIIMS MBBS, must secure the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam as given below:
|Category||Minimum Cutoff Score|
|General Category/ OBC||60%|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
|PWBD||Cut-offs of the respective category|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates will have to apply online on the official website. Candidates are required to make a register ID for the further registration. Candidates must ensure that the mobile number and email provided by them must be valid and must be of a candidate or his/her guardian. They have to provide their personal details like the father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, category etc. Scanned image of photograph, signature and left thumbprint must be uploaded in the prescribed format only.
Application Fee – Candidate has to pay the application fee in online mode at the time of registration. Check the fee as per last from below:
|General||1500.00 +Transaction Fees|
|Other Backward Classes [OBC :|
Both Creamy and Non-creamy
|1500.00 +Transaction Fees|
|Scheduled Caste [SC]||1200.00 +Transaction Fees|
|Scheduled Tribe [ST]||1200.00 +Transaction Fees|
|Persons with Bench-mark|
Image Specification –
|Photograph||50 – 100 Kb.||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||jpg/jpeg/gif/png|
|Singature||20 to 100 Kb||6 cm x 3 cm||jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png|
|Left thumb||20 to 100 Kb||4 cm x 3 cm||jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.png f|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card releases on the official website as per the schedule. Candidates can download their AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card by login with their Registration Id, Registration Unique Code (RUC) and password. Admit Card is an important document as will carry the details related to exam like date, time and venue, roll no of candidates etc. Candidate make sure that university will not send the admit card via post, candidates have to download them online. In case of discrepancy, candidates must contact the examination cell for assistance.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result
The institute will declares the result on the official website as per the schedule. Candidates can check their percentile score by login with Registration Id, Registration Unique Code (RUC) and password. Result will carry the percentile score of the candidate and rank of the candidate. Institute will also release the merit list of the qualified candidates for the counselling. Precentile score will indicates the percentage of candidates scored by them in the examination. In case of candidates having same percentile, then the tie-breaking criteria will be used to prepare the merit list.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling
Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. Candidates who have qualified the exam, can appear for the online counselling.First candidates will have to fill the online choices and have to lock their choices. After the choice filling university will release the result of the seat allocation. After the result, candidates will have to accept the seat for the confirmation. All the candidates who are allotted a seat can download the Offer Letter from the official website for the document verification process.
Candidates have to carry the following documents the Reporting at your respective institute afterwards:
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit card
- Self attested copy of certificate in proof of passing the 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- Self attested copy of certificate from the Board showing his/her date of birth.
- Self attested copy of mark-sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination in proof of having secured 60% or more marks (50% in case of SC/ST in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology).
- SC/ST Certificate
- OBC Certificate
- Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Test Centres
Candidates can check the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Test Centres as per the last year from below:
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Baramullah|
AIIMS MBBS 2020
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts an entrance exam for admission into MBBS courses in AIIMS institute across India. It is a National level exam conducted in online mode every year. There around 15 AIIMS institute including the New Delhi in which candidates will get admission on the basis of the entrance exam score.Exam is conducted in around 125 cities across India.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences was found in 1956. It is an autonomous institution and it offers various UG and PG, Super Specialisation and Doctoral programmes in 14 other AIIMS institute in India. The institute conducts entrance examinations for admission into its various programmes every year.According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework, AIIMS Delhi was ranked first among medical colleges in India.
aiims mbbs 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : AIIMS Delhi conducts AIIMS MBBS.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS is a Computer Based Test. The paper will be in Hindi and English Language, which candidates can choose according to their preference. The duration of the test will be 3 hours 30 minutes and the total marks for the examination will be 200 with a total of 200 Questions. Candidates will get 1 mark for every correct answer and 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer of the candidate.
Ans : For appearing in the AIIMS MBBS examination candidates must have passed 12th class from any recognized board in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject. (Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination who are expecting the result with the required percentage can also apply for the exam.)
Ans : The syllabus for the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam is as per the prescribed syllabus for class 12th and 11th in PCMB.
Ans : Candidates must have passed 12th class from any recognized board in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject with 60% marks for general and OBC category, 50% for SC/ST category and 45% for PwBD category.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS Examination will be in online mode.
Ans : Candidates must go for the Counselling Round on the assigned date and time after getting selected in AIIMS MBBS Examination.
Ans : Candidates will be selected for AIIMS MBBS on the basis of the entrance examination of the same.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS is a National Level Examination.