AIIMS MBBS 2020 – AIIMS, New Delhi, hasd confirmed that AIIMS MBBS 2020 entrance exam will not be conducted. Candidates are offered admission in MBBS programme through NEET-UG 2020 score. Hence, admission in AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS is provided through a common medical entrance exam conducted by National Testing Agency. You can check the official notification below.
Latest: AIIMS MBBS 2020 entrance exam cancelled. Check the notice below.
AIIMS MBBS 2020
The confirmation for scrapping of AIIMS MBBS entrance was made in Lok Sabha by MHRD. The ministry answered 6 questions and confirmed that as per Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019, NEET is to be the only entrance exam for UG medical admission in the colleges and institutes in India.
Around 300000 candidates appear for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam. The number of candidates appearing for NEET is around 14 to 15 lakh. Now that NEET is the only exam, the competitions gets stiffer.
Notice for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Entrance Exam Cancelled
AIIMS Admission 2020 via NEET
To get admission in AIIMS via NEET 2020, the candidates need to first apply for NEET 2020. After registration, candidates need to appear for the national level medical entrance examination. Candidates also need to apply for AIIMS admission 2020. The detailed procedure for the examination is expected to be out soon.
Candidates who are aim to take admission in AIIMS, should know following details regarding NEET.
NEET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for National-Eligibility-cum-Entrance-Test (NEET)-2020 is as per CBSE Class 11th and 12th syllabus. Check the complete NEET 2020 syllabus from below.
NEET 2020 Syllabus for Physics – List of important topics to cover in Physics are as follows:
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|—||Oscillations and Waves|
NEET 2020 Syllabus for Chemistry – List of important topics to study in Chemistry section as provided below.
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|—||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET 2020 Syllabus for Biology – To prepare for Biology part, students should study for the following sections:
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
Now that AIIMS MBBS admission is via NEET, it is important that the candidates must check and prepare as per NEET exam pattern. The mode of exam, duration, distribution of questions, for NEET and AIIMS are very much differnet, hence, it is important that candidates should familiarise themselves with NEET 2020 exam pattern as provided below.
- Duration of the exam: The test is of 03 hours duration.
- Mode of the exam: It is a pen-paper based test.
- Language of the Question Paper: The question paper consist of questions in English and 11 other languages like Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will have objective MCQ type questions. There are 04 option with a single best response.
- Total number of Questions: There are a total of 180 number of questions.
- Total number of Marks: The entrance exam is of total 720 marks.
- Marking scheme: For a correct answer, candidates will get 04 marks and for an incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions from the table below.
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 is now around the clock. With AIIMS and JIPMER MBBS entrance exam scrapped, the number of candidates to apply for NEET will rise up and so will be the competition. Hence, it is important that the students should pull up their socks and start preparing for the test without wasting any time. Below, we have prepared the exam preparation tips for NEET 2020.
Step 1: Make a timetable
- This is something which you must have heard a lot but still have a dicey opinion on it. Making a time table get you boosted to start studying and if you follow it rigorously, you will complete NEET syllabus on time and will have ample amount of time for solving previous year papers and revision.
- You can make the NEET time table as per your convinience. Not everyone is a morning person likewise not everyone is a night owl. Hence, if you think you can study more efficiently during night, you can make your timetable accordingly like you can keep the morning time to check which topics you have to study, make notes, write formulas and then imply these during night time.
- Keep breaks of at least 2-3 hours or else you will get drained out of energy which will further affect your health. It is important to prepare for the test but not by putting your health at risk.
Step 2: Cover NEET 2020 Syllabus
- Complete the NEET 2020 syllabus on time and ensure to cover every aspect of it.
- There might be some topics in NEET syllabus which you might want to skip but this is the best time to focus on them more. As the exam date comes near, your focus has to be changed to solving previous year papers.
- Cover all the topics of NEET 2020 syllabus. The motive here is to ensure that your basics are clear and once it is done, you can then slowly move to the next step.
Step 3: Solve Previous year question paper and do mock test
- As soon as you complete a topic in NEET syllabus, it is best that you should solve more and more questions related to it or solve mock tests.
- The best way to prepare for an entrance exam is to solve as many previous year papers as possible. This will allow you to identify which topics are giving you a hard time and you need to work on them.
NEET 2020 Mock Test
Candidates can check below the link to practice the NEET Mock test for free:
|NEET 2020 Subject||English Mock Test||Hindi Mock Test|
|Physics||Practice Here||Practice Here|
|Chemistry||Practice Here||Practice Here|
|Botany||Practice Here||Practice Here|
|Zoology||Practice Here||Practice Here|
|Full Test||Practice Here||Practice Here|
Participating AIIMS for MBBS Admisison
Candidates are offered admission in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) at the following AIIMS campuses:
- AIIMS New Delhi
- AIIMS Bathinda
- AIIMS Bhopal
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Deogarh
- AIIMS Gorakhpur
- AIIMS Jodhpur
- AIIMS Kalyani
- AIIMS Mangalagiri (Guntur)
- AIIMS Nagpur
- AIIMS Patna
- AIIMS Rae Bareli
- AIIMS Raipur
- AIIMS Rishikesh
- AIIMS Telangana
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Seat Details
As per last year’s information, the following number of seats shall be offered to candidates for admission in MBBS programme at AIIMS New Delhi and 14 other AIIMS.
Number of seats in AIIMS New Delhi
|Category||Seats allotted to categories|
Number of seats in other AIIMS
AIIMS Bed Capacity
Candidates can check the total bed capacity in AIIMS from the table below:
|AIIMS||Total bed capacity|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Since now admission in MBBS programme will be done through NEET scores, it is important that candidates should ensure that they not only fulfill the eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 but also for AIIMS MBBS admission.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2020
- Age Limit: The matter for age limit criteria is still in the court and a decision is yet to be taken on this. Until last year, candidates below 25 years of age were eligible to apply for NEET entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: Students should have completed Class 12th or its equivalent exam and should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination. Thos
- Those who have taken biology as an additional subject in 10+2 can also apply for NEET 2020.
Eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS admisison 2020
Nationality: must be a citizen of India
Age Limit: The age of the candidate must be 17 years
- have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject from any recognized board
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 can also apply for AIIMS MBBS
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2020 Cut Off
Candidates applying for MBBS at AIIMS must secure the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam as given below:
|Category||NEET 2020 Cut Off Percentile|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
To apply for admission in MBBS programme at AIIMS campuses, candidates have to fill NEET 2020 application form. The form for NEET 2020 is released by online mode only by NTA. No offline form is released. To apply for NEET, candidates have to first register online by entering their basic details. It is important that the candidates should provide active email id and mobile number for NEET registration as NTA communicates important updates in NEET via electronic way only. Once registration is done, candidates can proceed to fill in details in their application form, select test, upload images and finally pay the required amount of the application fee.
Application Fee – Candidates shall have to pay the application fee for NEET UG 2020 to apply for admission in AIIMS. Check the expected amount of the NEET 2020 application fee from the table below.
|General/ OBC||Rs. 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PH||Rs. 750|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
It is herey informed to the candidates that no admit card will be issued for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam as the entrance test has been scrapped by MHRD for the academic session 2020. Earlier, AIIMS MBBS entrance exam admit card was issued by AIIMS New Delhi at its official website, aiimsexams.org. The admit card contains important information related to the exam and is important for the candidates to carry it on the day of the test.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result
NTA will declare the result for MBBS entrance exam for admission in AIIMS. Earlier, the institute declared the result on the official website as per the schedule. Along with the institute also provided facility to the candidates to check their percentile score by logging in with Registration Id, Registration Unique Code (RUC) and password. Qualifiers in the NEET 2020 entrance exam are then eligible to participate in the counselling process which will be conducted by AIIMS New Delhi.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling
Candidates will be called for the counselling on the basis of the merit list. Candidates who have qualified the exam, can appear for the online counselling.First candidates will have to fill the online choices and have to lock their choices. After the choice filling university will release the result of the seat allocation. After the result, candidates will have to accept the seat for the confirmation. All the candidates who are allotted a seat can download the Offer Letter from the official website for the document verification process.
Candidates have to carry the following documents the Reporting at your respective institute afterwards:
- Offer Letter
- Registration Slip
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit card
- Self attested copy of certificate in proof of passing the 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- Self attested copy of certificate from the Board showing his/her date of birth.
- Self attested copy of mark-sheet of the qualifying examination i.e. 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination in proof of having secured 60% or more marks (50% in case of SC/ST in aggregate in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology).
- SC/ST Certificate
- OBC Certificate
- Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board
AIIMS MBBS 2020
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts an entrance exam for admission into MBBS courses in AIIMS institute across India. It is a National level exam conducted in online mode every year. There around 15 AIIMS institute including the New Delhi in which candidates will get admission on the basis of the entrance exam score.Exam is conducted in around 125 cities across India.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences was found in 1956. It is an autonomous institution and it offers various UG and PG, Super Specialisation and Doctoral programmes in 14 other AIIMS institute in India. The institute conducts entrance examinations for admission into its various programmes every year.According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework, AIIMS Delhi was ranked first among medical colleges in India.
aiims mbbs 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : AIIMS Delhi conducts AIIMS MBBS.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS is a Computer Based Test. The paper will be in Hindi and English Language, which candidates can choose according to their preference. The duration of the test will be 3 hours 30 minutes and the total marks for the examination will be 200 with a total of 200 Questions. Candidates will get 1 mark for every correct answer and 1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer of the candidate.
Ans : For appearing in the AIIMS MBBS examination candidates must have passed 12th class from any recognized board in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject. (Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination who are expecting the result with the required percentage can also apply for the exam.)
Ans : The syllabus for the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam is as per the prescribed syllabus for class 12th and 11th in PCMB.
Ans : Candidates must have passed 12th class from any recognized board in Physics, Chemistry, Biology as main subjects and English as an additional subject with 60% marks for general and OBC category, 50% for SC/ST category and 45% for PwBD category.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS Examination will be in online mode.
Ans : Candidates must go for the Counselling Round on the assigned date and time after getting selected in AIIMS MBBS Examination.
Ans : Candidates will be selected for AIIMS MBBS on the basis of the entrance examination of the same.
Ans : AIIMS MBBS is a National Level Examination.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.