All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) offers courses at post-graduate level in the field of medical sciences and other fields. The applicants who want to apply for postgraduate courses will have to apply online. The exam will be held online that is the examination is a computer-based entrance test. The candidates can check all the details for AIIMS M.Sc. Admissions 2019 such as important dates, total seats, courses offered in post-graduation, reservation policy, application fees, exam pattern, admit card, result etc from the information given below.
AIIMS M.Sc. Admissions 2019
Candidates have to mandatorily register themselves first before applying for the course. After the registration, candidates will get login ID and Password and by using the username they can further complete the process of filling up the application form.
Schedule for AIIMS M.Sc Admission 2019 is given below.
|Registration of Online application form starts||Last week of Mar 2019|
|Last date for online Registration of application||2nd week of Apr 2019|
Entrance Exam, Result & Counselling
|Events||M.Sc Nursing||M.Sc Course|
|Entrance Examination||01 Jun 2019||29 Jun 2019|
|Result||10 Jun 2019||08 Jul 2019|
|Counselling Round 1||will be declared later||will be declared later|
|Counselling Round 2 (If required)||will be declared later||will be declared later|
AIIMS will release a notification for inviting candidates for counselling who have passed the entrance test for AIIMS M.Sc/M.Sc. Nursing entrance exam. Candidates need to report to the counselling center on time. Any excuses for late entry will not be entertained. Candidates can visit the official website to check the counselling notice, also a direct link to check the same will be provided below a soon as the results will get declared.
Open Round Counselling for M.Sc/M.Sc Nursing Course for 2018 Session
AIIMS offers various courses at the post-graduate level. A candidate can have a glimpse of the courses offered from the information given below:
- Biophysics Reproductive Biology
- Clinical Embryology and Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies
- Perfusion Technology
- M.sc Nursing
AIIMS M.Sc. Application Form 2019
Candidates seeking admission in M.sc courses and M.sc Nursing must submit their application form in the prescribed format which will be available online with the Prospectus on the official website. Candidates can also register themselves on the official website. The cost of Application Form includes the fee for entrance examination which is non-refundable and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. After the completion of application form filling process, candidates have to pay the fee for application form through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
The application fee gets revised from time to time and year to year. One can check the information given below to have a better understanding of the application fee.
- General: Rs. 1500
- OBC: Rs. 1500
- Schedule Cast (SC): Rs. 1200
- Schedule Tribe (ST): Rs. 1200
Note: Persons with Bench-mark-disabilities are exempted from paying the application fee.
The candidate must have either of the qualifications mentioned below and should have secured at least 60% marks for General/OBC candidates (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) so that he/she can appear for the examination:
- MBBS/BDS (55% for Gen/OBC & 50% for SC/ST Categories)
- Bachelor of Physio-therapy (4½ year course)
- B.Sc. degree of minimum three years duration in any subject
Note: The admission requirements for M.Sc. Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology will be the same as mentioned above, but the requirements for (i) Perfusion Technology (ii) Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology, (iii) Nuclear Medicine Technology iv), Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies will be as mentioned below:
- Perfusion Technology – B.Sc. with Biology (Botany & or Zoology) ORB.Sc. in Perfusion Technology from a recognized University.
- Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology – B.Sc degree in any of the discipline related to Biology or allied to Biology.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology- B.Sc. degree courses in Nuclear Medicine from a recognised University.
B.Sc. degree with Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University.
B.Sc. in allied/related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis/Radiotherapy from a recognized University.
B.Sc. in life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognized University.
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies – B.Sc. degree in Radiography from a recognized University.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing /B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)/Post-Basic /B Sc. Nursing (4years) course from any recognized University, from an educational institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, with 60% marks for Gen/OBC candidates and 55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
There are some important points which candidates should observe while applying for M.sc Nursing and M.sc courses:
- 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability will be provided on horizontal basis if the seats are available in M.Sc. Nursing courses.
The eligibility criterion for candidates under this category as per the guidelines finalized by Nursing Council of India.
- For M.Sc and M.Sc. Nursing Courses:- Candidates who are about to appear for the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and their results are awaited, can also apply for admission but such candidate must possess some documents if they want to apply. The documents for the same are mentioned below:
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination on or before July 31, 2019, with required percentage of marks and subjects failing which their performance at the Entrance Examination will not be given any consideration.
- All M.Sc. Nursing Candidates can submit the certificate of Registration as a Nurse and Midwife from the Indian Nursing Council / State Nursing Council at the time of joining when selected.
- All selected candidates for M.Sc. Nursing courses are required to have the proof of
recognition of their college at the time of verification of their documents.
Admit card for AIIMS M.SC 2019
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of AIIMS. The applicants must carry their admit card with them at the time of examination along with an identity proof such as Aadhar Card or another Valid ID proof such as passport, Voter ID etc. The applicants while downloading the admit card must cross-check the details carefully which are printed on the admit card. This document will serve as the entry pass to the hall on the day of examination. It will contain the candidate’s name, venue of the examination, the address of the venue. The hall ticket is strictly provisional. Please note that any candidate who visits the exam hall without the admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam center at any cost. The information about the examination centers will be notified later on the official website.
For M.Sc. Courses: The entrance test for M.sc courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions carrying 1 mark each.
For M.Sc. Nursing Courses: The entrance test for M.Sc. Nursing courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Question carrying 1 mark each.
Result for AIIMS M.Sc 2019
The results will be updated on the main website as well as on this page of AIIMS as soon as possible after the examination. The results will be calculated on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam for M.sc courses and M.sc Nursing 2019. Students will have to report for the counseling rounds as decided by the conducting body on time so as to get their seat reserved.
Reservation of seats at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
Other Backward Class: 27%
Scheduled Caste: 15%
Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- If the required number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for the
Scheduled Castes, the seats will automatically get filled by candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa.
- In case suitable candidates are not available from the two reserved categories, the vacant seats
will be filled up by the candidates from the General category.
- In case suitable candidates are not available in the OBC reserved category, the same will be
filled up by the candidates from the general category.
|Registration Fee||Rs. 25/-||Duration|
|Tuition Fee of M.Sc/ M.Biotech/ M.Sc Nursing||Rs. 700/-||2 Years|
|Laboratory Fee for M.Sc./M.Biotech.||Rs. 80/-||2 Years|
|Pot Money M.Sc/ M.Biotech/ M.Sc Nursing||Rs. 480||2 Years|
|Gymkhana Fee for M.Sc / M.Biotech||Rs. 80/-||2 Years|
|Caution Money||Rs. 100/-(to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute’s equipment).|
|Hostel Security||Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)|
|(Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)|
- The above fee structure changes from time to time and year to year by the Institute and the students who will get selected will have to pay the fees as may be decided by the Institute.
- The fees and other charges including Hostel rent once paid, shall not be refunded in any case, even if a student leaves the Institute before the completion of the semester or does not join the Institute for any reason. No excuses will be entertained.
- The Caution Money will be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. In case of a student leaving the course in the middle or after the completion of the course, the balance of caution money, if any after eduction of the charges due, will be refunded.
- The mess is compulsory for the Nursing students residing in the hostels. The mess charges are 700/- per month (subject to revision from time to time) payable to the Mess in-charge every month in advance.
As per the note received last year from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India (PMSSY Division) has decided to include M.Sc Nursing Seats for AIIMS Jodhpur for the session starting from July/August 2019. Following seats are being added in M.Sc. Nursing courses for AIIMS, Jodhpur. The details of revised seats for M.Sc Nursing at AIIMS Bhubaneswar, AIIMS New Delhi, AIIMS Jodhpur & AIIMS Rishikesh are as under:-
For further information about the seat matrix, download the 2019 information brochure from the link given below.
Official Website: www.aiimsexams.org.
For more details about AIIMS M.Sc Admission – Download Information Brochure.
Insofar, only the examination schedule for AIIMS PG 2019 has been released. Rest of the Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as AIIMS will release the AIIMS PG 2019, information will be updated here.