AIIMS Nursing 2021 – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, has announced the new dates for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic), Paramedical and BSc Hons, which are June 5, June 19 and June 27 respectively. Candidates can fill the application form online at aiimsexams.org. The AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 is held in computer based mode and in one single shift. However, the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 (Post Basic) is conducted in 2 stages i.e written test and personal interview session. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, syllabus, exam pattern and result for AIIMS Nursing 2021.
Latest: The exam dates for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 have been announced. Scroll below to know more.
AIIMS Nursing 2021
Candidates are given admission into the Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography/ B.Sc. Dental Operating Room Assistant, B.Sc in Dental Hygiene , B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology etc on the basis of their score and performance in AIIMS Nursing 2021 examination. The merit list for the same is prepared categorywise. Shown below are the important dates.
List of Courses for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021
The applicants can check out the list of courses for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021. They are as follows.
- Bachelors of Optometry / Paramedical: 4 years
- B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic): 2 years
- B.Sc. Nursing (Hons): 4 years
|AIIMS Nursing 2021||Dates|
|Basic registration starts||to be notified|
|Last date for basic registration||to be notified|
|Status of basic registration||to be notified|
|Correction of deficiencies in rejected Basic Registration||to be notified|
|Final status of Basic registration||to be notified|
|Uploading of prospectus||to be notified|
|Generation of code and final registrations start||to be notified|
|Last date for Generation of code and final registrations||to be notified|
|Final Status of B.Sc (H) Nursing application||to be notified|
|Final Status of B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) and B.Sc (Paramedical|
|to be notified|
|Re-choose the examination centre||to be notified|
|Last date for submission of required documents for|
regularization of rejected applications
|to be notified|
|Issuance of AIIMS B.Sc (H) Nursing 2021 admit card||to be notified|
|Issuance of B.Sc (Paramedical courses) admit card||to be notified|
|Issuance of admit card for B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic)||to be notified|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) Exam||5 Jun 2021|
|B.Sc (H) Nursing Exam||19 Jun 2021|
|B.Sc Paramedical courses Exam||27 Jun 2021|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) Entrance Exam result for Stage 1||12 Jun 2021|
|B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) Entrance Exam result for Stage 2||22 Jun 2021|
|B.Sc (H) Nursing result notification||6 Jul 2021|
|B.Sc Paramedical Courses Result Notification||30 Jun 2021|
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read and check the Eligibility Criteria before filling their application form for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021. It as follows. Kindly note, that all the female candidates are eligible for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing course.
For B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing, Bachelor in Optometry & B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography B.sc Dental Hygiene , B.sc. in Dental Operating Room Assistant , B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology Courses:
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be minimum age is 17 years of age. The applicant must be born on or after January 2, 2004 are not eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 under the 10+2 scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science from a recognised university.
- Candidates whose final exam result has been declared or or before December 31, 2020 are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing, Bachelor of Optometry and B.Sc.(Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses. Such candidate have to furnish proof of the same.
- Candidate from the general category / OBC / EWS must have passed with 55% category and 50% is for SC / ST
For Bachelor of Optometry B.Sc.(H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses, B. Sc. in Dental Operating Room Assistant B.Sc. in dental Hygiene, B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology:
- The candidate should have passed Class 12 or English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics. The minimum aggregate is as follows.
- The applicant from the Gen / OBC/EWS category should have secured 50% and of SCs / STs , they should have secured 45%
For B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) & B.Sc. in Operation Theatre & Anaesthesiology at AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar.
- Candidate of gen / OBC/EWS category have to secure 50% and of 45% in case of SCs / STs in subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
For B.Sc. in Medical Technology in Radiography (MTR) and Medical Technology in Radiotherapy (M.T.RT) at AIIMS, Bhubaneshwar
- The applicant from Gen / OBC/EWS have to secure 50% and for SC / ST category, the applicant should secure 45%
For B.Sc in Anaesthesia Technology, B.Sc in Urology Technology, B.Sc in Perfusion Technology, B.Sc in Nuclear Medicine Technology, B.Sc Radiotherapy Technology, B.Sc sleep Laboratory Technology, B.Sc in Respiratory Therapy, B.Sc in Neuro-monitoring Technology, B.Sc in Orthopaedics Technology, B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology, B.Sc in Dental Hygine, B.Sc in Dental Operating Room Assistant at AIIMS, Rishikesh.
- The Gen / OBC / EWS applicant should have secured English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology must have secured 50% in aggregate and 45% in case of SCs / STs Categories
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- The candidate should have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognised board.
- The applicant should have Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognised by the Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidates should be registered as an GNM OR RM
- The male candidates should have obtained a certificate of training in any of the following subjects. They are mentioned below
- O.T. Technique
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing,
- Psychiatric Nursing,
- Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing,
- Orthopaedic Nursing
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Application Form
The official authority releases the application form for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 on the official website. The application fee for the same is refundable. First of all, candidates need to register with basic details and wait for the acceptance of the same through Prospective Applicants Advanced Registration (PAAR) portal. Candidates need to fill one single form for all of the courses in AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021. Shown below are the steps.
How to apply?
- First of all, go to the official website.
- Then, click on the option for ” Basic Registration”.
- Next, read the instruction and fill basic details, registered id and password is sent to the phone.
- Now, login with the same and upload images and print the registration form
- Next, if the status of basic registration shows accepted, generate a code and fill the final registration form.
- Now, pay the application fee and print out final registration form.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Application Fee: Candidates have to pay online through online mode like net banking / debit card and credit card.
|Category||AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Application Fee|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC / ST||Rs. 1200/-|
Important Documents Required for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021: The applicant should upload the documents in prescribed format only.
- The size of the box should be 6 cm*3 cm.
- The candidate should sign with the blue / black pen ink pen.
- The signature should be in a box.
- The image should be scanned and in jpg format.
- The size of the signature should be 20 KB and maximum of 100 KB.
Left Thumb Impression:
- Candidates should make a thumb impression with blue / black ink pen.
- The size of the box should be 4 cm * 3 cm.
- Candidates should do not press thumb hardly or lightly.
- The signature image should be scanned at 200 DPI.
- Candidates have to save the impression as “Left Thumb Impression.jpg.
- The File Size should be a minimum of 20 KB and maximum of 100 KB.
- The background of photograph should be white.
- The photograph should have flash.
- The photograph should be resized at 50 – 100 Kb
- The size of the box of photo should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- It should show face, eyes and both ears.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Exam Pattern
If candidates want to ace the exam with flying colors, then they should understand the exam pattern for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing. It as follows.
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing:
- Duration of Exam: The exam is held for 2 hours.
- Total Marks: AIIMS B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing exam is of 100 marks.
- Type of Questions: There are MCQ type questions.
- Mode of Exam: It is held in computer based mode.
- Sections in the paper: There are 4 sections.
|Section||Number of Questions|
For B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) : It is held in 2 stages i.e written test and Personal Assessment / Interview.
Stage 1 i.e Written Test
- Medium of Language: The exam is held in English.
- Duration of Course: The duration of exam is 90 minutes.
- Number of Questions: AIIMS B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) is 70 questions.
- Total Marks: It is of 70 marks.
The maximum marks of Personal Assessment / Interview is 30. Hence, the maximum marks obtained in Stage 1 and Stage 2 both are 100.
Stage 2 I.E Personal Interview:
- Candidates are called three times number of seats available for for Stage 2, on the basis of merit in Stage 1.
- If requisite number of ST / SC are not available, then candidates belonging to SC and ST taken together .
- In case candidates from SCs, STs & OBCs are not available, then applicants from General category are called.
- The following factors are considered in the interview:
- Past academic attainment in the Higher Secondary or +2 or equivalent examination
- Past academic attainment in the Nursing examination
- Performance as a Staff Nurse
Note: The B.Sc Nursing ( Post Basic) is conducted in 2 stages. Candidate has to pass the written test i.e Stage 1 to be eligible for Stage 2 which is personal assessment and interview. The applicant has to pass both Stage 1 and Stage 2 to be eligible for admission.
Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography / and other B.Sc courses
- Duration of Course: It is held for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Type of Questions: There are MCQ type questions.
- The paper shall have 4 parts – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Syllabus
The official authority has not prescribed any syllabus for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021. Candidates need to prepare at par with the following.
For B.Sc Nursing / Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography / and other B.Sc courses
- The general standard of entrance examination are that of Class 12.
- The subjects include Physics, Chemistry, English, and General Knowledge.
For B.Sc Nursing ( Post Basic) : The following subjects are asked in the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 exam.
- Fundamentals of Nursing,
- Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing.
Important Books for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021
The applicants can prepare from the following set of books for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021.
|Name of Books||Purchase Link|
|Complete Companion for B.Sc Nursing and GNM||Buy Here|
|The Pearson Guide to the B.Sc. ( Nursing )||Buy Here|
|Reaction Mechanism in Organic Chemistry||Buy Here|
|B.SC. Samanya Nursing||Buy Here|
How to prepare for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021?
Candidates can check out the various tips for preparation for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021.
- As per the experts, the following are the important topics for the examination.
- Nursing Foundation
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Mental Health
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Candidates should practice the previous year question paper thoroughly.
- It is also very important to take mock tests after the revision is over.
- Devote a lot of time to understand the concepts in Physics and Chemistry
- Concentrate on both Class 11 and Class 12 syllabus of all the given subjects.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Admit Card
The official authority releases the admit card for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 on the official website i.e aiimsexams.org. However, the applicants must note the admit card is only issued for application forms. To download, candidates need to login with their RUC, registration ID, and password. No applicant is allowed into the exam hall without their hardcopy of admit card and valid identity proof. The AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Admit Card comprises of the following details.
- Name of candidate
- Test Centre Name
- Test Centre Address
- Roll Number
- Exam Instructions etc.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Test Centre
Candidates need to choose the The examination for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 is held at the following test centres.
For B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) and Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography / and other B.Sc courses
- It is held in Delhi / NCR region
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Result
AIIMS, New Delhi, releases the result for AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 on the official website i.e aiimsexams.org. It is provided in the form of a merit list. It is displayed category wise. The result is prepared on the basis of the raw marks obtained in the examination. The merit list comprises of crucial details like registration number, rank in order of merit, seats, roll number, category, course etc.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Marking Scheme
The calculation of raw marks in AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 examination is done on the basis of the following marking scheme.
- For each correct answer: 1 mark is allotted
- For incorrect answers: 1/3 marks is deducted
- For Questions marked for Review: Zero marks allotted
- More than answer for one question: Negative marks are given
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Tie Breaking Criteria
In case 2 or more candidates secure the same marks, then the tie is solved with the help of the following tie breaking criteria. It as follows.
- Candidates who have secured more marks in Biology are ranked higher.
- Thereafter, the marks in Chemistry are considered.
- Then, the Physics are considered.
- Then, the older age candidate is ranked higher.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Counselling
The official authority conducts the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Counselling in the online mode. The counselling is done strictly by combined merit list. First of all, they need to register, followed by choice filling and nextly they need to download their call letter online only. The order of counselling is General / EWS / OBC / SC / ST. The final counselling is done in offline mode. Candidates have to report for document verification with their original documents. Selected applicants also need to undergo a medical examination conducted by the Medical Board.
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Seat Distribution
AIIMS Delhi, has distributed the seats for various courses as following. This intake is as per last year.
For B.Sc courses for AIIMS Rishikesh
|Name of Discipline||Total Seats|
|B.Sc in Anaesthesia Technology||6|
|B.Sc in Urology Technology||2|
|B.Sc in Perfusion Technology||2|
|B.Sc in Nuclear Medicine Technology||4|
|B.Sc Radiotherapy Technology||5|
|B.Sc sleep Laboratory Technology||4|
|B.Sc in Respiratory Therapy||4|
|B.Sc in Neuro-monitoring Technology||2|
|B.Sc in Orthopaedics Technology||2|
|B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology||24|
|B.Sc in Dental Hygiene||2|
|B.Sc in Dental Operating Room Assistance||2|
|Bachelor of optometry||10|
For B. SC. (HONS.) Nursing Course (For Female Candidates only)
|Name of Discipline||Total Seats|
For B.Sc Nursing (POST-BASIC) FOR AIIMS, Delhi
|Seat for outsider Candidate||30|
|Seats Researved for AIIMS|
AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Reservation Criteria
The official authority has designated the following percentage of seat for the reserve categories. Candidates can check out the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 Reservation Criteria from down below.
Check more details on AIIMS B.Sc Nursing exam from the previous year information brochure
Official Website: aiimsexams.org
Ques 1. Can I change / select different institutions in AIIMS B.Sc Nursing counselling?
Ques 2. Is AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 exam result sent offline?
Ques 3. Who conducts the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing 2021 exam?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.