AIIMS PhD 2020 Result – All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi declares the result online. The release date of the AIIMS PhD 2020 Result Notification for Stage I of both January & July session is 19th January 2020 and 16th July 2020 respectively. It will be released on the official website, aiimsexams.org. The entrance exam dates for PhD admissions of January and July sessions is 4th January 2020 and 10th July 2020. Candidates can check the AIIMS PhD 2020 Result on the official website. Candidates have to qualify the Stage I to become eligible for Stage II. Learn more about AIIMS PhD 2020 Result from this page.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Result
The result comes in the PDF format on the official website only. The result for stage I mentions the list of all the qualified candidates Roll Number wise. All the qualified candidates then have to appear for the Stage II which is Departmental Assessment. You can check out the important dates related to the AIIMS PhD 2020 Result below:
|AIIMS PhD 2020 Result||January Session||July Session|
|AIIMS PhD 2020 Exam Dates||4th Jan 2020||10th Jul 2020|
|Release date of the Result Notification of Stage I||10th Jan 2020||16th Jul 2020|
|Departmental Assessment (Stage II)||23rd Jan 2020||24th Jul 2020|
|Release date of the Result Notification of Stage II||28th Jan 2020||28th July 2020|
Check your Result Here: Candidates can check their AIIMS PhD 2020 Result as per the schedule at aiimsexams.org.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Evaluation Procedure for Stage I and Stage II
Candidates can check out the Evaluation Procedure for Stage I (entrance examination) below:
- For each correct answer, the candidate gets 1 mark.
- For each incorrect answer, ⅓ marks are deducted from the total score.
- Zero Marks are given for questions which are not answered or are marked for review.
For Stage II, 3 times as many candidates as the number of the seats are selected. The marks obtained in Stage II + the marks of Stage I + the Special Weightage determines the Final Result.
Special Weightage for Medical Candidates:
The institute provides a special weightage of 10 marks to the Medical candidates who fulfills the following two criteria mentioned below:
- The candidates are eligible for Stage II
- They holds a Medical Degree (MBBS/ BDS/ MDS/ DNB/ MD/ MS/ DM/ M.Ch.) or M.Sc. (Nursing) or equivalent.
Special Weightage for Non – Medical Candidates:
The institute provides a special weightage of 10 marks to the Non – Medical candidates who fulfills the following two criteria mentioned below:
- The candidates are eligible for Stage II
- All the candidates also have qualified in any one of the Entrance Exams in the last 2 years – Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICMR-SRF, DBT-JRF, DBTSRF, NBHM screening test, Graduate aptitude test (GATE), INSPIRE fellowship, UGC-JRF, UGC-SRF, CSIR-JRF, CSIR-SRF, DST-JRF, DST-SRF.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Tie Breaking
In case two or more candidates secure the same marks then the tie on the basis of the Age of the Candidates. The Date of Birth is considered and compared of each candidate. The older candidates are preferred over the younger candidates.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Qualifying Marks
Candidates are selected on the basis of the overall marks obtained in both the stages. The candidates have to clear the Stage I to appear for the Stage II. The minimum overall qualifying marks to clear the Stage I for Medical and Non – Medical is 35 Marks. If the candidate does not secure the minimum qualifying marks, he/she becomes ineligible to appear for Stage II.
What to do After the AIIMS PhD 2020 Result?
The result for Stage I and the Final Result releases as per the schedule. If the result for Stage I releases, then the qualified candidates must start preparing for the second stage. To appear for the 2nd stage, candidates have to upload some documents on their dashboard. After that, the Admit Card for Stage II releases on the official website which the candidates have to download and take out a printout.
If the Final Result releases on the official website, then the qualified candidates can start preparing for the physical counselling held afterwards.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Selection Procedure
Candidates can check out the AIIMS PhD 2020 Selection Procedure below:
- All the eligible candidates first have to appear for the Entrance exam which is Stage I. The exam is held for both – Medical and Non – Medical candidates.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Stage I is 35 marks (combined in Stage I and Stage II of the Entrance Exam)
- The qualified candidates are then provided special weightage in their total score if they pass the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
The institute releases the list of all the Stage I qualified candidates online. The qualified candidates have to then upload the following list of documents in the specified duration of time:
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Graduation Certificate
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Post-graduation certificate
- Post-graduation Mark Sheet
- No Objection Certificate, if required
- Experience Certificate, if any
- Copy of the Certificate of National Entrance Test (for non-medical candidates)
- Copy of the Score Card of National Entrance Test (for non-medical candidates)
- Any other certificate / document
- Candidates have to upload the scanned documents only on the official website through My Page by entering the login credentials.
- Candidates also have to upload documentary evidence of sanction of Govt. Fellowship in his/ her name to be considered in those seats where own Fellowship is mandatory.
After the uploading of the above mentioned documents, the Admit Card releases as per the schedule on the official website. Candidates have to download the Admit Card and appear for the Stage II at the mentioned venue. The Final Result is a compilation of both the Stages plus the Special Weightage. Candidates are selected on the basis of the Final Result.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Counselling
All those candidates who appeared in the Final Result cum Merit List have to appear for the counselling procedure. The dates of the counselling is notified online as per the schedule. The call letters also releases on the official website. The institute does not send any call letters to the candidates individually, they have to download it from the website only. It contains important instructions which the candidates should read carefully.
Candidates can select the choice of project in their respective Department during the Counselling procedure. Candidates cannot change their choice afterwards. All the candidates have to carry the counselling letter and a copy of the Admit card, without which they cannot participate in the counselling procedure.
AIIMS PhD 2020 Admission
The Admission is done on the basis of the below mentioned criteria:
- Verification of all Original Certificates/Degrees/NOC from concerned department including the eligibility.
- Verification of other relevant documents to further check if the candidate is meeting all the conditions as specified in the Prospectus and Institute’s regulations.
- Proof of availability of research funds/fellowship/grant from recognized funding agency for Project code where Fellowship is mandatory.
- Admission to Ph.D. Programme is done on the basis of the availability of research funds/fellowship/grant from recognized funding agencies.
- The admission is finalized and offer is given to the candidate only when evidence of availability of research funds/grant/fellowship for the project is submitted to the Academic Section by the selected candidate/s through concerned Head of the Department.
How to Check AIIMS PhD 2020 Result
Candidates can follow the steps below to check the AIIMS PhD 2020 Result:
- Click on the link provided on this page.
- The official website will open up. Then click on the button ‘Academic Courses’ on the main page as shown in the picture below:
- A new page will open up where all the programmes are mentioned. Now click on PhD under Doctoral as shown in the picture below:
- The candidate’s login portal will open up. Below the login portal, a list of announcements is given. Now click on the announcement for Result Notification.
- The result will display on the next window. You can check your Roll Number and other important instructions regarding the Stage II or the Admission procedure.
Remember: The Result comes in the form of a PDF file for both Stage I and Final Results.
AIIMS PhD 2020
AIIMS, New Delhi conducts the AIIMS PhD 2020 Entrance Examination for admission into the post – doctoral programmes offered by the institute. It is a National level entrance exam conducted at Delhi (NCR). The exam is conducted for both Medical and Non – Medical candidates. The exam is divided into 2 Stages. Candidates have to clear both the stages in order to get selected for PhD programmes. All the information regarding the admission and examination procedure releases on the official website as per the schedule.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi was established in the year 1965 as an autonomous institution. There are other 14 AIIMS all over the India. The institute offers many UG, PG, Super Specialisation (SS) and Doctoral Programmes (PhD). AIIMS, New Delhi conducts many entrance examinations for admission into various programmes of all the eligible candidates.