AILET 2020 – NLU Delhi is conducting All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2020 on May 03, 2020 and the application form to apply for the same is available at nludelhi.ac.in. The last date to apply is April 08, 2020. National Law University, Delhi, conducts the exam at the national level to fill seats in 5 year B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D Programme. The exam is held in offline mode. Check AILET 2020 exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, and more details from this page.
Latest: AILET 2020 application form is available – Apply here
Through AILET 2020, admission is only granted in NLU Delhi. Rest of NLUs consider score of Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) for admission. Check important dates for events of AILET 2020 from the table below.
|AILET 2020||Important Dates|
|Issue of AILET 2020 Notification||15 Jan 2020|
|AILET 2020 Application Form starts from||15 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||08 Apr 2020|
|Release date of the AILET 2020 Admit Card||22 Apr 2020|
|AILET 2020 Exam Date||03 May 2020|
|Declaration of AILET 2020 Result [BA.LL.B (Hons)]||4th week of May 2020|
|Issue of Letters for Admission (1st List)||4th week of May 2020|
|Last date to deposit the Admission Fee (1st List)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Release date of the 2nd Merit list & Waiting List||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to deposit Admission fee (2nd List)||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Release date of the 3rd Merit List||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Release date of 4th Merit List||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Release date of 5th Merit List||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Release date of 6th Merit List||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Closing Date of Admissions||Aug 2020|
|Interview of the selected candidates||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Orientation programme||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Commencement of Classes||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Declaration of AILET 2020 Result (L.L.M)||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of AILET 2020 Result||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Counseling starts from||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Release date of Waiting list||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Release date of the 2nd Merit List||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Release date of the 3rd Merit List||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Release date of the 4th Merit List||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Orientation Programme||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Declaration of AILET 2020 Result (PhD Programme)||3rd week of Jun 2020|
AILET 2020 Application Form
NLU released the application form for AILET 2020 online at nludelhi.ac.in. Interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form by submitting all the asked details and documents. At last candidates are required to pay the asked amount of application fee and submit the application form along with it.
AILET 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can check the expected application fee for AILET 2020 below.
|General||Rs. 3, 050|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs. 1, 050|
|SC/ ST – BPL||Exempted|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee for AILET 2020 online by credit card/debit card or by internet banking and fee can be submitted in offline mode by depositing the cash amount at post office.
Process to apply for AILET 2020
Candidates can follow the below given steps to apply for AILET 2020.
Step 1: Firstly candidates are required to create an account by entering all the asked details.
Step 2: Then, candidates can get their application form and enter all the asked details and upload all the required documents and images.
Step 3: At last candidates can pay the asked amount of application fee and complete the application process.
Documents Required to fill the AILET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the list of the required documents for AILET 2020 below.
- A valid Email ID
- A valid Mobile Number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Class 10th marksheet
- Class 12th marksheet
- Degree marksheet, if applicable
- Category certificate, if applying in other than general category.
AILET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for AILET 2020 below.
For B.A. LL.B courses
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates are required to have passed the Intermediate or its equivalent examination.
For L.L.M courses
- Minimum Marks: Candidates are required to have a minimum of 55% marks (5% of relaxation is given in case of SC / ST / Person with disabilities) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must LL.B or its equivalent degree from a recognized university / institution.
For PhD Programme
Candidates must have score a minimum of 55% of marks in aggregate (5% of relaxation is given in case of SC/ST/Person with disabilities) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have the L.L.M or its equivalent degree. or
- Candidates can have a degree in law and Master’s Degree with M. Phil. in social sciences or humanities or
- Candidates must have a degree in law and Master’s Degree from a foreign institute, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution or,
- Candidates are required to have a degree in law or Ph..D. in any discipline or,
- Candidates may have an experience as a judge in any State High Court of India with three years experience or judge of the supreme court of India.
AILET 2020 Schedule
Candidates are advised to reach at the examination center 2 hours before the test. Check schedule for AILET 2020 below.
AILET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus of AILET 2020 below.
Syllabus for BA.LL.B (Hons)
Candidates can check the syllabus for B.A. LL.B. course below.
- Sentence correction and Error Detection
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Prepositions and Models based fill in the Blanks
- Liner, Circular & Grid Arrangement
- Coding and Decoding
- Number and Letter Series
- Odd one out
- Venn Diagram
- Symbols and Notions
- Important Fundamental Rights
- Articles under Indian Constitution
- Landmark Judgement
- Recommendations and Chairpersons
GK/ Current Affairs:
- Physical Geography
- International Organisations
- Science and Technology
- Social Studies
- UN Bodies
- Indian and World History
- General Science
- Indian and World Geography
- Everyday Science
- Awards and Honors
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Only):
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Speed and Distance
- Permutation and Combination
- Numerical Ability
- Venn Diagrams
Syllabus for L.L.M
Candidates can check the syllabus for L.L.M course below.
- Law of Torts
- International Law
- Property Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Contracts
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
AILET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for AILET 2020 below.
Common Exam Pattern for B.A.LL.B and L.L.M Course
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the test is 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes).
- Mode of the Exam: AILET is conducted in offline mode.
- Language of Paper: AILET is conducted in the English language.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of AILET contains Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: Add 1 mark for each correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates can check the section-wise distribution of questions and marks for AILET 2020 (for B.A.LL.B) below.
|Sections||No. of Ques.||No. of Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Only)||10||10|
|Total No. of Ques. and Marks||150||150|
The questions of L.L.M course in AILET 2020 has their focus on the subject of law like Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Law of Contract, Jurisprudence, Law of Tort and International Law etc.
Exam Pattern for Ph.D.
- Mode of examination: Exam is conducted in offline mode.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 90 minutes.
- Type of Questions: The questions for Ph.D. courses are based on Research Methodology and Legal Research Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates get 1 mark for each correct answer and lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
AILET 2020 Important Books
Candidates can check the list of the important books below.
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exam||RS Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning||AP Bhardwaj||Buy Here|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||Pratiyogita Darpan||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy||Noman Lewis||Buy Here|
|High school English Grammar and Composition||DV Prasada, Rao N||Buy Here|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi||Buy Here|
|Objective English for Competitive Exam||Prasad||Buy Here|
|AILET(ALL India Law Entrance Test) Law Entrance Exam Books ||A Panel of Authors||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude for CLAT, AILET & Other Law Entrance Examination||GKP||Buy Here|
AILET 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the preparation tips for AILET 2020 below.
- As per the previous year questions, candidates are advised to prepare Current Affairs and English subjects with full concentration. These are the most important topics.
- Candidates are advised to prepare for the test as per the topics which are given in the syllabus.
- Candidates can solve the previous year’s question paper to understand time level of the paper and type of questions.
- Candidates are advised to solve 5-6 mock tests daily to learn the time management skills and also to practice the sitting and concentration habits.
- Candidates are advised to practice the English section with equal importance with another sections.
- Candidates must practice the reasoning section regularly as it is one of the most important section for AILET 2020.
Preparation Tips from the topper of AILET
- Candidates are advised to practice vocabulary, foreign words and grammer for English section.
- Candidates can work on topics like Time and Work, Ration Proportion, Profit Loss, Mensuration for Mathematics subject.
- Students must practice latin and foreign words regularly.
- Use GK today app and Pratiyogita Darpan magazine for current affairs.
- Candidates are advised to read newspapers like The Hindu daily as it increases their knowledge regarding current affairs and it also improves their vocabulary.
AILET 2020 Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can get previous year AILET question papers along with the answer keys for B.A.L.LB, L.L.M and Ph.D. below.
|Course||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|BA.LL.B (Hons)||Question Booklet||Answer Key|
|LL.M||Question Booklet||Answer Key|
|Phd||Question Booklet||Answer Key|
AILET 2020 Test Centres
Candidates can check the list of the test centers for AILET 2020 below.
- Greater Noida
AILET 2020 Seats Availability
As per the last year’s data AILET shall provide the seats to the AILET qualified candidates and also to direct admission foreign national candidates (based on their merit). Check seat details for AILET 2020 below.
|Course||Total number of seats|
AILET 2020 Admit Card
NLU releases the admit card for AILET 2020 online at nludelhi.ac.in. All the applicants who have successfully submitted their application form can download their admit card on their login. Candidates are advised to download and print their admit card as it is required at examination center.
Details required to download AILET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can check the details to download AILET 2020 admit card below.
- Registered email ID
Details Mentioned on the Admit Card of AILET 2020
Candidates can check the details mentioned in their admit card below.
- Name of the candidate
- Photo of the candidate
- Exam centre details
- Date and time of the exam
AILET 2020 Answer key
After successfully conducting the AILET 2020 examination NLU releases an answer key for all the appeared candidates. The answer key consists of all the correct answers and candidates can calculate their probable score by using the answer key for AILET 2020. In case if any candidate is not satisfied with the answers in the answer key then they can object to it online and after that, the subject experts check the issue of candidates and releases a final answer key based on which it prepares the merit list of the candidates.
Process to calculate the raw score of AILET 2020.
- Add +1 mark for each correct answer.
- Deduct -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Add total marks scored at last.
AILET 2020 Result
After the release of final answer key NLU releases a merit list for AILET 2020 with the names of all the qualified candidates. Candidates can check their result online at nludelhi.ac.in. AILET 2020 result also contains the category wise distribution of seats. All those candidates who can check their name in the merit list can appear for the counseling round of AILET 2020 and then they can submit the asked amount of course fee to complete the admission process.
Types of AILET Result
NLU releases the AILET Result in below given forms.
- First Merit List for selected candidates
- AILET 2020 Result (Marks Wise)
- AILET 2020 Result (Roll Number Wise)
- AILET 2020 Result (Schedule Caste Category)
- AILET 2020 Result (Schedule Tribe Category)
- AILET 2020 Result (Person with disabilities)
- AILET 2020 Result (Kashmiri Migrants)
- AILET 2020 Result (Residents of Jammu and Kashmir)
Details Mentioned on the Result
- Roll number of the candidate
- Name of the candidate
- Guardian’s/Parent’s name
- Marks Obtained
AILET 2020 Counseling
After the declaration of result NLU calls all the selected candidates to appear for the counseling of AILET 2020. Candidates who have qualified AILET for admission to B.A.LL.B and L.L.M. courses are required to appear for AILET 2020 counseling. However, candidates who have qualified AILET 2020 for admission to Ph.D. courses are required to submit their research proposal. NLU sends the call letter to all selected candidates individually via email and speed post. At the time of counseling, candidates are required to submit original copies of all the required certificates and the asked amount of admission fee to complete the admission process.
AILET 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the previous year fee structure for AILET below.
|Fee Heads||Amount (INR)|
|Tuition Fee||INR 85,000.00 p.a.|
USD 10,000 for Non SAARC County
USD 5,000 for SAARC Country
|Campus Development Fund Fee||INR 5,000.00 (One time)|
|Admission Fee||INR 2,500.00 (One time)|
|Student Welfare Fund||INR 2,500.00 p.a.|
|SBC Fund||INR 2,500.00 p.a.|
|Examination Fee||INR 3,000.00 p.a.|
|Reading Material Fee||INR 2,500.00 p.a.|
|Library Fee||INR 2,500.00 p.a.|
|Internet Fee||INR 5,000.00 p.a.|
|Electricity Charges||INR 12,000.00 p.a.|
|Sports and Games Facilities Fee||INR 3,000.00 p.a.|
|Journals Fee||INR 2,500.00 p.a.|
|Moot Courts / Seminars / Workshops, etc. fund||INR 5,000.00 p.a.|
|Room Rent (For Hostel)||INR 18,000.00 p.a.|
|Hostel Facilities (For Hostel)||INR 20,000.00 p.a.|
|*Library Deposit||INR 5,000.00 ( One time )|
|*Hostel Deposit (For Hostel)||INR 5,000.00 ( One time )|
|*Mess Deposit (For Hostel)||INR 5,000.00 ( One time )|
|Particulars||Fee for hostelers||Fee for non-hostelers|
|Tuition Fee||INR 1,00,000.00||INR 1,00,000.00|
|Campus Development Fund Fee||INR 3,000.00(One time)||INR 3,000.00(One time)|
|Admission Fee||INR 1,000.00(One time)||INR 1,000.00 (One time)|
|Examination Fee||INR 3,000.00||INR 3,000.00|
|Library Fee||INR 3,000.00||INR 3,000.00|
|Internet Fee||INR 8,000.00||INR 8,000.00|
|Electricity Charges||INR 12,000.00||INR 12,000.00|
|Sports and Games Facilities Fee||INR 3,000.00||INR 3,000.00|
|Journals Fee||INR 2,000.00||INR 2,000.00|
|Dissertation Fee||INR 1,000.00||INR 1,000.00|
|Room Rent (For Hostel)||INR 18,000.00||–|
|Hostel Facilities (For Hostel)||INR 20,000.00||–|
|*Library Deposit||INR 3,000.00||INR 3,000.00|
|*Hostel Deposit (For Hostel)||INR 5,000.00||–|
|*Mess Deposit (For Hostel)||INR 3,000.00||–|
|Total||INR 1,85000.00||INR 1,39,000.00|
|Particulars||Fee from hostlers||Fee from non-hostlers|
|Registration Fee||INR 50,000.00(one time)||INR 50,000.00|
|Continuation Fee||INR 30,000.00 p.a. from 2ndYear onward||INR 30,000.00 p.a. from 2ndYear onward|
|Examination Fee||INR 20,000.00 (one time)||INR 20,000.00 (one time)|
|*Refundable Security Deposit||INR 15,000.00 (one time)||INR 15,000.00 (one time)|
|Room Rent||INR 18,000.00 p.a.||—|
|Hostel Facilities||INR 20,000.00 p.a.||—|
|*Library Deposit||INR 3,000.00||INR 3,000.00|
|*Hostel Deposit||INR 5,000.00||—|
|*Mess Deposit||INR 3,000.00||—|
|Total||INR 1,64,000.00||INR 1,18,000.00|
AILET 2020 Admission Announcement
Candidates can check the admission announcement of AILET 2002 from below:
AILET 2020 Notification
The official notification for AILET 2020 admission is as follows:
About NLU Delhi
The National Law University (NLU) was introduced in the year 2008 through Act No. 1 of NCT Delhi with the initiative of the High Court of Delhi. It offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in the field of law to the candidates. It is situated in Dwarka, New Delhi. It conducts a national level entrance test named as All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for admission to BA.LL.B (Hons), L.L.M and Ph.D. program. NLU is the only university in GNCT Delhi which qualified in the top two of NIRF ranking constantly for two years (2018 and 2019).
AILET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is an Offline test of 1 hour 30 minutes. There are Multiple Choice Based Questions and each carries 1 mark. There is also a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. The language of the Question paper is English only.
Ans : The National Law University (NLU), Delhi will conduct the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET).
Ans : All the candidates must have passed the Qualifying examination or equivalent examination. The minimum qualifying marks for BA.LL.B (Hons) is 50 % in 12th class, For L.L.M. it is 55 % in Graduation and for PhD programmes it is 55 % in L.L.M.
Ans : The syllabus for B.A.LL.B is English, Logical Reasoning, Reasoning, G.K./ Current Affairs and Elementary Mathematics. For L.L.M it is - Law of Tort, International Law, Jurisprudence, Property Law, Intellectual Property Law, Law of Contracts, Criminal Law and Family Law.
Ans : The Cut off for AILET 2020 may release before the declaration of the Result. The minimum qualifying cut off is released by the university on the basis of which, a Merit list is prepared.
Ans : All the colleges which comes under NLU will accept the score of AILET 2020.
Ans : The mode of AILET 2020 is Offline mode.
Ans : The difficulty level of AILET 2020 is moderate to high as per last year’s exam session.
Ans : All the candidates are selected on the basis of their rank obtained in the Merit list [only for B.A.LL.B (Hons) and LL.M]. However the selection procedure of PhD programme candidates, the selection procedure is different. You can check out the same above from this page.
Official Website: nludelhi.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.