MAT 2020 Syllabus – From this page, candidates can check the syllabus for AIMA Management Admission Test (MAT). Candidates can check the syllabus to know what are the important topics and chapters from which questions are framed in the exam. The exam consists of five sections in total. AIMA MAT is designed to test the mathematical skills, critical reasoning, language comprehension etc of the registered candidates. Check MAT 2020 Syllabus important topics, books for preparation from below.
For MAT Syllabus 2021 – Click here
MAT 2020 Syllabus
As there is no pre-defined syllabus for MAT, candidates can prepare for MAT 2020 by having a look at the topics given below.
MAT 2020 Syllabus for Language Comprehension
- Verbal reasoning
- Different usage of same word
- Contextual usage
- One word substitution
- Fill in the blanks
- The odd man out
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- Foreign language words used in English
MAT 2020 Syllabus for Mathematical skills
- Ratios and proportions
- In-equations quadratic and linear equations
- Profit and Loss
- Time, speed and distance
- Number system
- Geometric progression
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Work and time
- HCF & LCM.
- Venn diagram
MAT 2020 Syllabus for Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Data tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams
- Pie charts
- Graphs – line X-Y Graphs
- Data analysis and data comparison among others
- Caselet based Data
- Venn diagram
- Data sufficiency
MAT 2020 Syllabus for Intelligence and Critical Reasonin
- Critical reasoning
- Assumption -Premise-Conclusion
- Statements and assumptions
- Identifying valid interferences
- Visual reasoning
- Coding and decoding
- Assertion and reasons
- Identifying reasons
- Linear arrangements
- Matrix arrangements
- Family tree
- Cause and effect
MAT 2020 Syllabus for Indian and Global Environment
- Books and authors
- Company punch lines
- Top officials of big companies
- Quotations from important personalities
- Major events
- Current affairs
- Science awards
MAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the pattern of the exam as per last year from below:
- Mode – The exam is conducted in both online (computer based) and offline (pen – paper based)
- Duration – The exam is conducted for a duration of 2.5 hours
- Types of questions – The question paper consists of multiple – choice questions
- Medium – The language of question paper is English only
- Total Number of Questions – There are total 200 questions in the exam
- Total number of sections – There are total 5 sections
Distribution of questions
|Section||No. of Questions||Suggested Time|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||40||30|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global environment||40||15|
How To Prepare Using MAT 2020 Syllabus?
Candidates can check some tips given below to observe how syllabus can be used for a better preparation.
- Proper time management: After analyzing the syllabus, the candidates can get to know what are the topics from which exams are prepared.
- Get to know the important topics: Analyze all the important topics and then, prepare your time table according to that. See what are the topics that have to be studied again for the revision purpose.
- Understand the concept: After observing the topics, all the test – takers must understand the concepts behind all the formulas. It is advised not to mug up the concepts.
- Quick revision before the exam: It is advised to check the syllabus a day before the examination and see if any topic has been missed or not.
Best Books for Preparation of MAT 2020
Candidates can check best books for preparation of MAT 2020 from the table below:
|MAT 23 years Topic-wise Solved Papers By Deepak Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal||Buy Here|
|Face To Face MAT With 23 Years Solved Papers 2020 by Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Study Material for MAT by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning For CAT & Other Management Entrance Tests by Peeyush Bhardwaj||Buy Here|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency by Trishna Knowledge Systems||Buy Here|
|Proficiency in Reading Comprehension Simplifying the ‘Passage’ for you by Ajay Singh||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for MAT 2020?
Apart from knowing the syllabus, books to prepare and exam pattern, the candidates need to follow some preparation tips till the time of examination. Check the preparation tips given below for MAT 2020.
For attempting this section, the candidates must brush up their vocabulary and reading comprehension skills. So, make sure to read as many newspapers as you can. Find the meaning of the new words. Also, try to translate sentences.
For attempting the maths section, try to learn the formulas. Try to understand the logic and behind the concept behind the formulas and then, solve the problems after the acquired knowledge.
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
In this section, it is important to improve your speed. Try to solve puzzle questions and read tips and tricks to analyze the situation.
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
In these sections, questions are generally based on current affairs, general knowledge, static knowledge etc. So, to score well in these sections, read the newspapers and make a note of what is happening around the world.
About MAT 2020
AIMA Management Admission Test is conducted for the students who want to take admission in MBA and allied programs by All India Management Association (AIMA). It is a national level entrance test and is conducted in both online and offline mode. AIMA MAT consists of 200 questions in total. There are more than 600 participating institutes which accept the scores of MAT.AIMA MAT 2020
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.