Admission to AIT Pune is on the basis of appearance in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main-2019. The candidate seeking admission to AIT are required to take JEE Main 2019. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2019 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2019 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time is ineligible for admission to AIT. The Candidates can check more information about AIT Pune Admission 2019 like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc. on this page.
AIT Pune Admission 2019
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2019. The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with soft copy of JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket. For application forms and the information bulletin candidates are advised to visit JEE (Main) website [email protected] Schedule for AIT Pune Admission 2019 is given below.
|Online submission of JEE (Main) 2019 Application Form|
|For First Attempt (Jan 2019)||01 to 30 Sep 2018|
|For Second Attempt (Apr 2019)||08 Feb to 07 Mar 2019|
|For First Attempt (Jan 2019)||06 to 20 Jan 2019|
|For Second Attempt (Apr 2019)||06 to 20 Apr 2019|
|Availability of AIT Application Form||15 Mar to 25 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Merit List||To be Announced!|
|Councelling||To be Announced!|
- AIT Application Form must state the JEE (Main) 2019 Roll Number. Absence of this important input may result in rejection of AIT Application Form.
- The Academic session for the First Year will commence immediately after the Admission.
- Last date for admission will be notified by the Savitribai Phule Pune University.
AIT Pune Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidate must fulfill the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2019 i.e., candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1992 are eligible.
- For Proof of Age, the date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent (Class X) certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories. Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army or Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension or Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
- Adopted /Step children and children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for at least 10 years.
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/TA Personnel
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex- servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of those APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Candidates Who are Not Eligible
- Those children who are NOT included in one of the categories i.e. “Mandatory Eligibility Requirement” or “Eligibility for Admission to AIT” above.
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a Statutory University recognised as equivalent to the corresponding examination of Savitribai Phule Pune University shall not be permitted to appear for that examination with the same subjects i.e., candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
- A candidate who fails in Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject at the same sitting (one or more subjects) is not eligible for admission to First Year Engineering.
Academic Qualifications and Criteria
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam)
The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognized Board/University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement
The candidate must have passed/appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra/ Savitribai Phule Pune University.
To apply for AIT Pune Admission, the candidate has to appear for the JEE Exam. The candidate can apply in two attempt, one is for January 2019 and the other is in April 2019. Filling up of both JEE Main 2019 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time will be ineligible for admission to AIT.
AIT admission is based on the All India Ranking obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE (Main) 2019). All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2019 and also apply to AIT for Admission. Failing to fill up any one of the forms will lead to rejection of admission to AIT.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2016||JEE Main 2015||JEE Main 2013|
|Electronics & Telecommunication||139241||132940||151950|
Following procedure will be adopted for admission of the candidates:-
- Branch of Engineering would be allotted taking into consideration the order of merit of the candidate, available vacancies and choice of branch indicated by the candidate while filling-up the Admission Form at the time of Admission. Candidates are advised to fill in their choice of branch in the admission form as per their desire/preference.
- Failure of a candidate to present himself/herself on the day/ date and time specified in their Joining Instructions or when specifically called for admission will lose claim to his/her merit. However, in case such a candidate presents himself/herself at a later time but during the admission process, a seat, if still vacant at that point of time, will be allotted to the said candidate. The merit of such a candidate will stand relegated to one below the seat last allotted.
- A candidate presents himself/herself on admission day and refuses to take admission on being offered a seat will NOT be given another chance.
- Only those wait-listed candidates who present themselves at AIT to avail of the chance offer the first time and fail to secure a seat due to early filling up of seats will be called for admission once more when a vacancy arises.
- The candidate must personally be present at the time of Admission. A candidate, however, may be represented by his/her parents or a representative (with an authority letter from parents concerned) only in case it is not possible for him / her to be personally present due to medical reason.
Provisional Admission: On grant of provisional admission, the candidate must deposit all required documents, failing which admission will be cancelled. All admissions made by AIT are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when eligibility of the candidate is accepted by the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The branch of engineering, (according to the choice indicated by the candidate at the time of admission) will be allotted initially on the basis of AIT Merit on a provisional basis. Readjustment of branch during admission processes/ during the academic year 2019 – 2020 may be carried out later, subject to availability of seats again as per choice indicated by candidate in AIT Admission Form at the time of Admission.
Inter-branch transfer may be possible later in the next academic year (i.e. in the beginning of Second Year) based on the performance of First Year (combined performance of both first and second semesters) and revised choice of the candidate, subject to availability of vacant seats in the concerned branch.
The fee structure and charges for various support facilities for First Year students are as under & to be paid in first year only.
Note: Staying in hostel is mandatory for all First Year Students. The entire fees can be paid at the time of admission. Other options are:
- Academic fee can be paid in maximum of four equal installments, each of Rs 41,250/-.
- Hostel fees, including messing charges etc. can be paid in maximum of two installments, each of Rs 48,500/-.
- Those who pay entire fees in one installment need to pay only Rs 2,50,000/-.
- All fees will be paid through demand draft, in the name of ‘ARMY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY’, payable at Pune, to be submitted during admission.
AIT Pune will release AIT provisional merit list on the official website. Candidates can check and download it from the official website OR through the direct link which will be provided below.
AIT Pune will release the provisional branch allotment list for first year admission 2019-20 online counseling. Candidates will be able to check it from the link that will be given below. Candidates who have reserved their seats and couldn’t get their first/second/third choice in the first round will also be considered for up gradation in the second round, based on the order of choice given.
Official website: www.aitpune.com
For more information regarding AIT Pune Admission, candidate can Download Information Brochure of 2018.
Insofar, details on this page are as per last, only schedule for AIT Pune 2019 has been released for now. Information will be updates here as soon as AIT Pune releases any notice or details officially.