Admission to AIT Pune is on the basis of appearance in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main-2020. The candidate seeking admission to AIT will required to take JEE Main 2020. The application form of AIT Pune Admission 2020 will be available at its official website. Filling up of both JEE Main 2020 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory for the admission in AIT. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms on time will be ineligible for admission to AIT. The Candidates can check more information about AIT Pune Admission 2020 like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc. on this page.
AIT Pune Admission 2020
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main -2020. The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with a soft copy of JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket. For more information about JEE main application forms and the information bulletin, candidates are advised to visit JEE (Main) website. Expected schedule for AIT Pune Admission 2020 is given below.
|AIT Online Application form begins on website||2nd week of March 2020|
|Last date for receipt of completed AIT Application at AIT Admission Cell without late fee||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration/Declassification of AIT Merit List, Admission schedule and Joining Instructions||Available on AIT website approximately two weeks after the declaration of All India Ranking of candidates by JEE Main 2020|
|Admission of candidates||Exact day, date & time will be included in the Joining Instructions/notified on AIT Website|
AIT Pune Eligibility Criteria 2020
Below we mentioned the previous year eligibility criteria for reference purpose only. If any change will be made by the officials in the given eligibility norms, then we will upload the latest as per notification.
- The candidate must fulfill the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2020.
- The date of birth recorded in the matriculation or equivalent (Class X) certificate or in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate only will be accepted as proof of age.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before taking admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT
Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form:
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Children of serving Army personnel with a minimum of 10 years of continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
- Adopted /Step children and children of Remarried Widows:
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Note: Wards of personnel who are serving/have served only DSC/Assam Rifles /BSF/ Indian Navy/Indian Air force/GREF/Defence Civilians are not eligible for admission to AIT.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Eligibility Criteria for Wards of Ex Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force(IN/IAF). Wards of only those ex Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for at least 10 years
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/TA Personnel
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of that APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed for 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
- Candidates Who are Not Eligible
- Those children who are NOT included in one of the categories i.e. “Mandatory Eligibility Requirement” or “Eligibility for Admission to AIT” above.
- A candidate who has passed any examination of a Statutory University recognised as equivalent to the corresponding examination of Savitribai Phule Pune University shall not be permitted to appear for that examination with the same subjects i.e., candidate who has completed First Year engineering from any Institute throughout the country is NOT eligible for re-admission in First Year Engineering at AIT.
Academic Qualifications and Criteria
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam)
The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement
The candidate must have passed/appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject*. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra/ Savitribai Phule Pune University.
To apply for AIT Pune Admission, the candidate has to appear for the JEE Exam. The candidate can apply in two attempts, one is for January 2020 and the other is in April 2020. Filling up of both JEE Main 2020 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms on time will not be eligible for getting admission to AIT.
Application Fee: As per the last year information the application fee of Rs 550/- were paid through credit/debit card or net banking.
Instructions for Filling Up of the Online Application Form:
- All details on the form must be completed in full.
- The applicant must ensure that the address on the Application Form is correct. The onus of intimating change of address, if any, after submission of Application Form to AIT rests with the applicant. Correspondence can be made through email id.
- Applicants should mention their contact telephone numbers (Mobile as well as civil/landline) and email ID at the appropriate place for future communication.
- Signature of the candidate should be uploaded at the appropriate place on the Application Form.
- Latest passport size photograph should be uploaded along with the Application Form.
AIT admission is based on the All India Ranking obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE (Main) 2020). All applicants are therefore required to appear in JEE Main 2020 and also apply to AIT for Admission. Failing to fill up any one of the forms will lead to rejection in admission to AIT.
AIT Pune will release AIT provisional merit list on the official website. The final AIT Merit List will then be made after weightage has been given to the affected candidates. If after award of ‘Weightage Marks’, two or more candidates secure the same marks, the inter-se merit of these candidates will be based on their earlier JEE Main Rank. Candidates can check and download it from the official website OR through the link which will be provided below .
AIT Pune will release the counselling schedule for year 2020 on its official website. Candidates can check from the website of AIT Pune. Admission to AIT will purely based on the AIT Merit list. Candidates are advised to report on the same date assigned to them for admission as no other chance will be provided to them. AIT Pune will release the joining instruction and date sheet for physical admission on the official website.
- Click here to check the last year counselling and joining instruction for Engineering course.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2016||JEE Main 2015||JEE Main 2013|
|Electronics & Telecommunication||139241||132940||151950|
Following procedure is as per last year record and it was adopted for admission of the candidates:-
- Branch of Engineering would be allotted taking into consideration the order of merit of the candidate, available vacancies and choice of branch indicated by the candidate while filling-up the Admission Form at the time of Admission. Candidates are advised to fill in their choice of branch in the admission form as per their desire/preference even if there is no vacancy in that branch at that time. Choice mentioned in the admission form will form the basis for re-allotment/re-adjustment of branch subsequently due to withdrawal/failure of some candidates to join AIT within the stipulated time.
- Joining Instructions or when specifically called for admission will lose claim to his/her merit. However, in case such a candidate presents himself/herself at a later time but during the admission process, a seat, if still vacant at that point of time, will be allotted to the said candidate. The merit of such a candidate will stand relegated to one below the seat last allotted.
- A candidate who presents himself/herself on admission day and refuses to take admission on being offered a seat will NOT be given another chance.
- Only those wait listed candidates who present themselves at AIT to avail of the chance offer the first time and fail to secure a seat due to early filling up of seats will be called for admission once more when a vacancy arises
- The candidate must personally be present at the time of Admission. A candidate, however, may be represented by his/her parents or a representative (with an authority letter from parents concerned) only in case it is not possible for him / her to be personally present due to medical reason. However, failure of a candidate to physically report to AIT on the date/time specified after grant of admission will result in cancellation of admission without any warning/notice.
Provisional Admission: On grant of provisional admission, the candidate must deposit all required documents, failing which admission will be cancelled. All admissions made by AIT are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when eligibility of the candidate is accepted by the Savitribai Phule Pune University. The branch of engineering, (according to the choice indicated by the candidate at the time of admission) will be allotted initially on the basis of AIT Merit on a provisional basis. Readjustment of branch during admission processes/ during the academic year 2020 – 2021 may be carried out later, subject to availability of seats again as per choice indicated by candidate in AIT Admission Form at the time of Admission.
AIT Pune will release the provisional branch allotment list for first year admission 2020. Candidates will be able to check it from the link that will be given below. Candidates who have reserved their seats and couldn’t get their first/second/third choice in the first round will also be considered for up gradation in the second round, based on the order of choice given.
Information brochure has not yet released for more information candidate can visit official website: www.aitpune.com
Insofar, official details of AIT Pune Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.