AIT Pune has released notification for admission of 300 seats for Engineering Course commencing in July 2017. AIT Admission is based on the Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2017. Candidates can check more information about AIT Pune Admission 2017 like important dates, application form, eligibility criteria etc. on this page.
Latest – AIT Pune 2016 Cut Offs has been notified, This can be check at the bottom of this page.
AIT Pune Admission 2017
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main- 2017. Candidate seeking admission to AIT is required to take JEE Main 2017 (Joint Entrance Examination – 2017) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). Application Form and JEE Main 2017 Information Bulletin are made available on the website jeemain.nic.in. Candidates should refer to JEE Main 2017 Information Bulletin for syllabus of the examination, last date of receipt of application form by JEE Main 2017 and any other related information. Filling up of both JEE Main 2017 Form and AIT Application Form is mandatory. Candidates failing to fill any one of these forms in time is ineligible for admission to AIT.
Schedule for AIT Pune Admission 2017 is given below.
|JEE Main 2017 Examination Date||(a) Off-line – 02 April 2017
(b) On-line – 08 and 09 Apr 2017
|Last date for receipt of completed AIT Application at AIT Admission Cell||25 Apr 2017
05 May 2017 with Late Fee of Rs 500/-
AIT Pune Seats
AIT offers four year B.E. courses in the following Disciplines.
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||120|
AIT Pune Eligibility Criteria 2017
The candidate must fulfil the age criteria requirements as per JEE Main 2017 i.e., candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01 October 1992 are eligible.
Mandatory Eligibility Requirement
The applicant must be a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin from any foreign country but who intends to settle permanently in India and obtains Indian citizenship before admission to AIT.
Eligibility for Admission to AIT
Admission to Army Institute of Technology is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex Army personnel and war widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to AWES Professional Colleges along with the Application Form :-
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:-
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of ex Army personnel granted/ awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of ex Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
Adopted /Step children and children of Remarried Widows .
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Note: Wards of personnel who are serving/have served only DSC/Assam Rifles /BSF/ Indian Navy/Indian Air force/GREF/Defence Civilians are not eligible for admission to AIT.
Academic Qualifications and Criteria
The following qualifications must be met by the applicant applying for admission into AIT: –
- Minimum (Qualifying Exam): The applicant must have passed the (10+2) CBSE exam or the Indian School Certificate (10+2 or XII) ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary (Std XII) Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- Subject combination requirement: The candidate must have passed/appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics alongwith one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject*. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra/ Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Admission to AIT is on the basis of All India Rank obtained in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main – 2017. The AIT Application Form must be accompanied with photocopy of JEE Main Admit Card/Hall Ticket. For application forms and the information bulletin candidates are advised to visit JEE (Main) website email@example.com. AIT does not deal with distribution of JEE Main forms and queries if any. Details may be obtained from following address: –
JEE (Main) Secretariat
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj,
Grant of Weightage (Gallantry Awards)
Additional weightage as mentioned below will be added to the marks obtained in JEE Main 2017 by the candidates, if either of their parents have been awarded any of the following gallantry awards before arriving at final AIT Merit: –
|A. Gallantry Award||Weightage||B. Distinguished Service in War / Conflict / Hostilities||Weightage|
|Param Vir Chakra||5%||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Ashok Chakra||5%||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Mahavir Chakra||4%||Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Kirti Chakra||4%||C. Mention in Despatches||1%|
|Vir Chakra||3%||D. War Widows/ Wards of War Widows||5%|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry Only)||1%|
Note : Weightage given for Gallantry Award and Wards of War Widow will not be cumulative. Only one weightage i.e. Wards of War Widow or Gallantry Award, whichever is higher, will be granted.
Current fee structure and charges for various support facilities for the first year as under.
Note: Staying in hostel is mandatory for all First Year Students. Hence, the fee must be paid in entirety. A demand draft for Rs 2,40,250/- @ in the name of ‘ARMY INSTITTUE OF TECHNOLOGY’ to be submitted during admission.
AIT Pune Admission JEE Main cut offs
|Branch||JEE Main 2016||JEE Main 2015||JEE Main 2013|
|Electronics & Tele communication||139241||132940||151950|
Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Dighi Hills, Pune – 411015
Tel: (020) 27157534, 27157612
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org