The application form for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020 has been released. The online applications are invited in prescribed format from the eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in various departments. The applicants are advised to follow the availability of specialization/ research areas of each department before the Online Application. The University offers the admission in M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes by a 2-Stage Process – Written Test & Interview. The detailed information regarding Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Latest: The application form for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020 has been released. Scroll down to apply
Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020
The duration of M.Phil. programme is Two Years (Regular 4-semester course) & there is no scope of Part-time M.Phil. It is purely Full-time course (See Aliah University Regulations for M.Phil. Programme-2019). The duration of Ph.D. Programme (for both Full-time & Part-time) is minimum three years (including course work) and a maximum period of six years (up to thesis submission) from the date of admission. The important dates regarding Aliah University M.Phil PhD Admission 2019-2020 are provided below.
|Availability of Application Form||started!|
|Last date for online application||25 Nov 2019 till 5.00 PM|
|Last date for submission of hard copy|
of the application form
|28 Nov 2019 till 4:00 pm|
|Written Test Date||To be announced!|
|Interview Date||To be announced!|
Candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria carefully before starting the application process. The online application form can be filled from the official website or the direct link for the same is also be provided below. Candidates must note that incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected. Rights of cancellation or admission lie with the BRS of the University concerned.
Application Form: Click Here to apply online for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020.
The application fees for each programme is Rs. 400/-. Candidates should pay the application fee through online payment mode only by using Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
How to apply
The steps to fill the application form for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020 are provided below.
- Log on to the Aliah University website and click on the link Admission to M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes: 2019-20.
- Read the Eligibility Criteria carefully before starting the application process.
- Fill-in all details correctly online and complete the entire application in a single session. If you leave it in between, you will have to start the process once again.
- At the time of online application process, you will get a unique application ID. Please use this ID in all future communications.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through online payment mode. Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking login password details should be kept ready before starting the application process.
- You need to upload the scanned images of your colour photograph (passport size) and signature in the online application form. Image size should be less than 100 KB. Keep the name of the Image file as “pic” for photograph and “sign” for signature (No special characters allowed in the image file names).
- Submit the application form.
- Print the filled-in/submitted application form and the payment receipt.
Note: Candidates are advised to use separate e-mail id for applying in multiple programmes.
Submission of Application Form
- The hard copy of the Application Form generated/downloaded at the time of ONLINE application must be submitted to The Office of The Coordinator, University Research Programmes, Second Floor, Aliah University, Action Area-IIA/27, New Town, Kolkata – 700 160 latest by November 28, 2019 till 4:00 pm.
- Hard copy of all documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope super-scribing the Name of the Department Applied for and Name of the Programme (M.Phil. or Ph.D.). Submission of hard copy of the application form along with all supporting documents is mandatory.
The following documents must be attached with the filled-in Application Form.
- Self-attested copies of all testimonials in support of Age & Qualifications (All Mark Sheets and Certificates).
- Self-attested NET/SET/SLET/Valid GATE Certificate, Experience certificate (if any).
- If the candidate is employed and willing to apply for Part-time Ph.D. programme, the candidate shall have to apply through proper channel. They have to submit NOC from the employer at the time of Admission.
- If the candidate has M.Phil. degree (Full-time Regular 2-year Course) from any university recognized by UGC, the candidate must have to submit a certificate from the competent authority of the University stating that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil. programme.
- Print out of Online Payment Receipt copy.
The online applications are invited in prescribed format from the eligible candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes in various departments of the following subjects:
M. Phil.: Bengali
Ph.D.: (i) Arabic, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English, (iv) Urdu, (v) Islamic Theology, (vi) History, (vii) Law, (viii) Education, (ix) Journalism and Mass Communication, (x) Geography, (xi) Economics, (xii) Physics, (xiii) Chemistry, (xiv) Mathematics and Statistics, (xv) Biological Sciences, (xvi) Civil Engg., (xvii) Computer Science and Engg., (xviii) Electrical Engg., (xix) Electronics & Communication Engg., (xx) Mechanical Engg., (xxi) Management and Business Administration (MBA)
The detailed eligibility criteria for Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020 is provided below, candidates can check for the same.
- Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CGPA (6.25 in 10 point scale wherever the grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
The University will admit applicants in M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes by a 2-Stage Process:
(a) WRITTEN TEST (Aliah University Research Eligibility Test, AURET): The written test will be conducted by the concerned Department and if qualified, he/she has to appear for an interview/vivavoce. The written test of 100 marks (Two Hour duration) shall be qualifying in nature for Interview/ Viva-voce with qualifying marks of 50%. The syllabus of the Written Test consists of Research Methodology and the Concern Subject (As per NET/SET Syllabus).
The written test is waived for the candidate, who fulfils any one of the followings,
- Qualified in any one of the examinations: UGC-NET (LS/JRF), UGC-CSIR NET (LS/JRF), SET, SLET, GATE with valid score, teacher fellowship.
- For Ph.D. admission, if he/she obtained M.Phil. degree (Full-time Regular 2-year Course) from any university recognized by UGC following the UGC Minimum Standards and Procedure for awards of M.Phil. & Ph.D. Degree, Regulation 2016, then the candidate must have to submit a certificate from the competent authority of the University stating that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil. course, otherwise waiver from AURET and/or Research Course Work (if selected) shall not be granted.
(b) AN INTERVIEW / VIVA-VOCE, which is mandatory for all applicants (those qualified in written
test and the exempted candidates from written test), is to be conducted by the respective Departmental Research Committee (DRC) where the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area as per the field of specialization/ research areas are available in the concerned department.
Area of Specialization & Intake Capacity
The area of specialization and intake capacity for admission to Ph.D & M.Phil in Bengali is provided below, candidates can check for the same.
Note: Intake capacity may be changed. Decision of Board of Research Studies (BRS) will be final.
For M.Phil in Bengali
Intake Capacity – Up to 10
- There is no University Fellowship
- Those who are in permanent employment may apply for Part-time Ph.D.
- The University also reserves right to drop or include any name if any suppression of facts on the part of the applicants or any mistake in the calculation of grade point is detected at any stage before and after admission.
- No postal communication will, however, be made in this regard. Email communication is preferred for all kind of future communications.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be summarily rejected. Rights of cancellation or admission lie with the BRS of the University concerned.
About the University
Aliah University – a State University under the Department of Minority Affairs and Madrasah Education, Government of West Bengal – came into existence through the Aliah University Act (Act XXVII of 2007) passed by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly. In keeping with the great stress laid by the UGC on the Semester system of education and Letter Grade process of marking, Aliah University has adopted semesteriztion, credit system, continuous assessment, and letter grading from its inception. Now steps are being taken to introduce the CBCS in all the Departments as soon as possible.
Q1. What are the specifications for uploading of photograph & signature?
A1. Candidates need to upload the scanned images of the colour photograph (passport size) and signature in the online application form. Image size should be less than 100 KB. Keep the name of the Image file as “pic” for photograph and “sign” for signature (No special characters allowed in the image file names).
Q2. What will be the syllabus for the written test?
A2. The syllabus of the Written Test consists of Research Methodology and the Concern Subject (As per NET/SET Syllabus).
Q3. Is there any kind of relaxation for Differently-Abled candidates?
A3. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to Differently-Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
Official Website: aliah.ac.in
For more details regarding Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020, Download Notification
If you have any queries regarding Aliah University M.Phil Ph.D Admission 2019-2020, please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.