The University of Allahabad has released Application Form for Entrance Test, admission for candidates seeking admission to B.Ed Programme for the academic year 2018-19. Admission to B. Ed Course will be held for affiliated colleges of University of Allahabad i.e. (1). K. P. Training College (Government Aided) and (2). S. S. Khanna Girls Degree College (Under self-finance scheme) for girls only. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Allahabad University B.Ed Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Allahabad University B.Ed Admission Entrance Test 2018
Candidates seeking admission to B.Ed programme must possess graduation degree as the necessary eligibility criteria. The university has its own process of directing admission for various courses through AUEE (Allahabad University Entrance Exams). Candidates can register for UGAT through the online application process by filling the form available at the university website. Applicants can check the Important dates from the table given below:
Schedule of B.Ed Programme 2018 is given below:
|Online Registration and Submission process begins||10 Apr 2018|
|Last Date of Online Registration||02 May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||13 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result|
The candidates have to fill and submit the form online, in accordance with the instructions given in the official Website and also summarized in this page. Application Form is available online- Fee for General/OBC Candidates is Rs. 1500 and for SC/ST/PH Candidates Fee is for Rs.750. Candidates are advised before online application must check their eligibility for the B.Ed Course. Direct link for apply online is given above.
Steps to Fill Online Application
Step 1: Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
Step 2: User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email ID
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Step 4: Upload your scanned Photograph and Signature
Step 5: Submission of Fees
Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with Transaction ID Printed on it.
- Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in Bachelors Degree and / or Masters Degree in Science/ Social Science/ Humanity, Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Relaxation in qualifying marks and reservations for S. C. / S. T. /O.B.C. /P.W.D. and other classes shall be as per Central Government rules.
- Only those candidates can apply for B. Ed. Admission, who has passed the qualifying U.G. /P.G. examination from the University of Allahabad or any other University recognized by UGC.
- Admission to Teacher Education Institutions affiliated to University of Allahabad shall be done on the seats approved by N. R. C. of N. C. T. E. Any admission over and above this limit shall be invalid.
- Admission to Arts, Science and Commerce streams shall be done on the seats decided on the basis of number of teachers available in different school subjects in a particular institution as per the NCTE regulation (2014). Due to non availability of Commerce teacher in K.P. Training College B. Com. Boys candidates can not apply in B.Ed. admission Test.
- Admission Test and admission shall be governed by University of Allahabad Act- 2005. If new ordinances for B. Ed. are approved they will replace the existing Ordinances.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. T. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under S.C. Category.
- If seats are lying vacant under S. C. category due to non availability of candidates, such seats shall be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- If any candidate of Reserved category is eligible for admission on the basis of merit order under Unreserved category he/she will be adjusted under Unreserved Category.
- Only those candidates shall be entitled for admission under Reserved category who have marked the reserved category in admission form and produced valid document in this regard at the time of admission.
- No correction in the entries shall be permitted after submission of the registration form.
- B. Ed. Admission Test shall have One Question paper for Three hours duration. This question paper shall have two sections. Section One will have 20 items of Hindi Language comprehension, 20 items of English Language comprehension, 20 items on General Knowledge and Current Affairs, 20 Items on Mental Ability and 20 Items on Teaching Aptitude. These 100 Items shall be compulsory.
- Section Two will have 50 Items on Subject content Knowledge. Every candidate shall have to answer all the 50 items from any of the Arts, Science or Commerce Streams. Levels of items will be of three year degree course of B. A. / B. Sc. / B. Com. of University of Allahabad. Items of Arts stream will be from History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Hindi Literature, English literature and Sanskrit Literature subject.
- Items of Science stream will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Zoology and Botany subjects
- Candidates shall have to answer 150 items in all and each item shall carry 02 marks (0.5 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer).
- Items of General Knowledge shall be from Indian Social Life, History, Economic Development, Five Year Plans, Education Policy, Literature, Constitution, Sports, Environment, Health, Geography etc.
- Items of Mental Ability will include Items from Logical Ability, Relational Thinking, Symbol Transformation, Abstract Thinking and Classification Ability, inductive deductive thinking.
Maximum seats for admission in any institution is decided on the basis of availability of teachers. Maximum number of seats is approved by NRC of NCTE.
- For K.P. Training College (Co-ed institution) maximum intake is 50. (For Arts and Science Streams)
- For S.S.Khanna Girls Degree College (Female Candidates only) maximum intake is 100. (For Arts, Science and Commerce Streams)
Admission to Science and Commerce Graduates shall be done subject to availability of teachers in concerned streams. B. Ed. Department of the college must have science lab of High school level. Separate merit list shall be prepared for Arts, Science and Commerce streams for reserved and unreserved category on the basis of scores obtained in admission test. Only female candidates can opt for both the colleges, therefore merit list for female candidates shall be prepared for both the colleges separately. Such candidates will not be eligible for admission if he/she has been debarred/ expelled from the University for two or more years.
Reservation of Seats:
- 15 % of the total seats in each subject/course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to scheduled caste ( SC) category.
- 7.5% of the total seats in each subject/course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to scheduled tribe ( str) category.
- 27% of the total seats in each subject/course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to other backward castes (OBC) category.
- PWD – 03% seats will be reserved for Physically Disabled candidates. Admission under PWD category shall be done as per University of Allahabad Admission rules.
- PWD candidates will be adjusted in their respective social category.
If there is any discrepancy in calculation of computed scores, the same can be corrected and consequently merit position can be revised. If by such revision the name of any candidate gets deleted from merit order his admission can be cancelled.
For more details of Allahabad University B.Ed Admission Entrance Test 2018 – Download Information Brochure.