Allahabad University CRET 2020 – University of Allahabad (AU), has released, the application form for CRET 2020 on the official website i.e allduniv.ac.in. The last date to apply for the same is August 28, 2020. The Combined Research Entrance Test 2020 is held for admissions into the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (D.Phil.) course. The exam is held in two levels i.e Level 1 is the offline mode and Level 2 is Interview / G.D. / Presentations. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, selection process, result, etc.
Latest: The application form has been released for Allahabad University CRET 2020. Apply Here!
Allahabad University CRET 2020
The admissions into the D.Phil. Programme is initially done on provisional basis i.e candidates are first required to complete Pre-Doctoral Programme offered by the respective Department / Unit / Centre. The final admission is only granted after the completion of 1st semester. Shown below are the important dates.
|Start date of registration and submission ONLINE|
|Last date of Registration, Fee Depositio|
|Downloading of Admit Cards Online only|
|Date of Entrance Test|
to be announced
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Application Form
Allahabad University has released the CRET 2020 Application Form on the official website. Candidates can fill the same online only. No candidate is supposed to fill more than one application form. The application form Allahabad University CRET 2020 is not refundable. Shown below are the steps to apply.
Apply Here: Candidates can click here for CRET 2020 Application Form.
How to apply?
- First of all, visit the official website.
- Next, register by entering details like full name, father name, mother name, nationality, mobile number, email id, gender etc.
- Then, registered id and password is displayed on the screen. Login with the details.
- Fill the Allahabad University CRET 2020 Application Form.
- Upload the relevant documents and pay the application form.
- Take a print out of the Allahabad University CRET 2020 Application Form.
Application Fee: The fees is prescribed for different categories of candidates for CRET- 2020 areas follows:
- For General / OBC Candidates : Rs. 1600/-
- For SC / ST / PH Candidates : Rs. 800/-
Important Documents: Applicants need to upload the following scanned documents.
- Passport-size Color Photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- Caste certificate (if any)
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should read and understand the eligibility criteria before filling the Allahabad University CRET 2020 application form. If ineligible, the candidature is cancelled.
- Candidate should qualify CRET 2020 for admission to the D.Phil. Programme.
- Applicants should have secured minimum 55% in their PG course. However, the percentage is 50% in case of SC / ST / PH.
- They need atleast 54% marks in average in their academic career. However, the percentage is 49% in case of SC / ST / PH.
Any candidate with 3rd division in graduate and post graduate courses are not considered for admission.
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Level 1 Test :
- Candidates with M. Tech/M.E. degree in allied / equivalent subjects.
- Candidates in Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M. Tech. in Geology/Applied geology or Geo-Physics (or equivalent subjects).
- Candidates for D.Phil. in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M.Sc. in Geology/Applied Geology or Geo-Physics (or equivalent subjects) who have valid GATE score before the last date of applying for CRET and have a GATE Score of not less than 75%.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers with not less than 15 years of service and holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, or equivalent rank in the Air Force/Navy, who are applying for D.Phil. in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies are exempted from Level 1 and be separately assessed at level 2 against a specified number of vacancies.
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Exam Pattern
Eligible candidates need to understand the exam pattern for Allahabad University CRET 2020. The exam is divided into 2 levels. The Level 1 is a written test and the pattern for the same is follows.
The Level 1 of CRET 2020 is further divided into 2 papers.
No of Question – 50 and each of 2 marks (50% of the questions would be from Research Methodology and 50% will be subject Specific)
Subjective type question with small, medium and large type answers.
The Level 2 Test shall entail an interview and may include Presentations, group discussions or other modes of appraisal and shall be administered by the Doctoral Programme Committee of the Department / Institute / Centre concerned.
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Syllabus
The official authority has prescribed the following syllabus for Allahabad University CRET 2020. The questions in the papers are usually based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Admit Card
The official authority releases the admit card for Allahabad University CRET 2020. Candidates can download their admit card by logging in with their registered id and password. It comprises of details like roll number, test centre venue and address and timings. No candidate is allowed into the test centre premises without their admit card. It is also required at the time of interview.
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Test Centre
Candidates need to select their test centre while filling the Allahabad University CRET 2020 application form. However, if the number of candidates at any center is less than 25 (Twenty Five) then in such case the registered candidates are allotted Allahabad or the nearest center.
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Cut off
Candidates require these Minimum Qualifying Marks in order to be eligible for Level 2.
For General Category candidates: 30 % of 300= 90
For OBC Category candidates: 27 % of 300= 81
For SC / ST / PH category candidates: Nil
Allahabad University CRET 2020 Result
The conducting body releases the Allahabad University CRET 2020 result on the official website. It is provided in the form of eligible candidate list. The list is based on merit in level 1 and level 2. Then, eligible candidates are called for admission as per the vacancies in any Department / Institute / Centre / universities as intimated by the respective Head of the Department / Director / Coordinator concerned.
Ques 1. Can I leave the Allahabad University CRET 2020 exam hall before duration?
Ans 1. Candidates cannot leave the test centre before the entire duration is over.
Ques 2. Where can I download Allahabad University CRET 2020 eligibility certificate from?
Ans 2. Candidates can download the Allahabad University CRET 2020 eligibility certificate from the concerned department / centre / institute.
Ques 3. Is there a weightage of NET / JRF on their Written Subject Test score?
Ans 3. There is no weightage of NET / JRF on their Written Subject Test score.
For More Detail of Allahabad University CRET 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.