Law Admission Test (LAT) 2020: The University of Allahabad conducts a Law Admission Test for admission to LL.B Three year Course. Candidates willing to take admission in LLB course have to appear in the Entrance Test. It is important for the students to fill the application form carefully before the last date. The selection of candidates for admission will be done as per the result of the Entrance Test. Check here complete regarding LAT 2020 Admission Test such as schedule date, eligibility criteria and other information.
Latest: Allahabad University has released Admit Card. Click here to download.
Allahabad University LAT 2020
Candidates whose eligibility graduate examination result is awaited may also apply for Admission but his candidature shall be provided. LAT 2020 Important Dates will help the candidates to stay updated and keep a track of the latest events of the law examinations. Candidates can check the table below for LAT Important Dates 2020.
|Availability of Application Forms|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Registration and deposit fee|
|Date of Downloading Admit Cards for website||18 Sep 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test|
|Declaration of Result||To be Announced!|
Allahabad University LAT 2020 New Exam Date Announced
- Click here to download the above notice.
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the online registration form on payment of prescribed fee within the dates prescribed and as per the Admission Notification and shall have to submit it Online (after duly filling). Such a candidate shall have to appear in the Law Admission Test according to the schedule given in this article. For candidates exempted from appearing in the Admission Test, there shall be a separate procedure to be notified later on by faculty of Law. There shall be a special process of application and admission for candidate exempted from appearing in the Admission Test, which shall be communicated separately by Faculty of Law.
Steps to Fill Online Application Form
Step 1: Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
Step 2: User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email ID
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
Step 5: Submission of Fees
Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with Transaction ID Printed on it.
Application fee for Law Admission Test (LAT) is given below:
- Rs 800/- (Rupees Six Hundred) for General, OBC and EWS candidates
- Rs 400/- (Rupees Three Hundred) for SC, ST and PH candidates.
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Allahabad University LAT 2020 is as given below:
For Three Year Law Degree Course: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline with minimum 45% marks (42% in case of OBC and 40% in case of SC/ ST candidates).
For Integrated Degree Program: Candidates must have passed in class 12th with minimum 45% marks (42% in case of OBC and 40% in case of SC/ ST candidates).
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Syllabus
PAPER-I: Language Comprehension
- This part shall consist of two sections. Coverning Hindi Language Comprehension and English Language Comprehension.
- Candidates are required to possess linguistic skills in both the languages of the level as is expected of a graduate student who has not had these as special subjects. In both the section, the test paper shall comprise passages for comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, words commonly confused, vocabulary, one-word substitution, spellings, idioms, phrases, syntax, grammer, knowledge of proverbs, figures of speech, legal terms and precis writing, They are required to be reasonably proficient in their knowledge of English Language.
- There shall be objective-type questions covering some or all the above mentioned areas.
PAPER-II:General Awareness & Current Affairs
- This paper shall consist of objective questions pertaining to General Awareness about the major facts relating to Indian & World History/Geography/Environment/Indian Culture; Indian National Movement/ Science & Technology, Contemporary National/Regional/International Political & Economic Perspectives; International Organizations/Treaties etc. along with questions on General Knowledge of traditional nature.
PAPER-III:Reasoning Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude
Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical analysis, deductive reasoning, odd even discretion, classification, logical fallacy, analogy, syllogism, Agreement and disagreement to judge the bent of mind of candidates. The question in legal Aptitude is related with constitution/legal system; constitutional/legal principles and practice etc.
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Test Pattern
Candidates can follow the below-mentioned exam scheme for performing brilliantly in the Law Admission Test:
- Duration of Law Admission Test: 2:00 hours
- Total number of Questions: The test shall consist of 150 questions of 300 marks.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer candidate shall be awarded 2 marks and 0.5 of a mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The paper is divided into three parts:
- Part – I (Language Comprehension)
- Part – II (General Awareness & Current Affairs)
- Part – III (Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude)
|Paper||No. of Ques.||Marks|
|Language Comprehension||Hindi 25|
|General Awareness and current affairs||50||100|
|Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude||Reasoning and Mental Ability 25|
Legal Aptitude 25
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have filled the application form can download the admit card for LAT 2020 from the official website. Admit card will be released as per schedule on the official website. Candidates have to go on the official website and download the admit card by entering login id and password. Details like candidate’s name, exam centre address, date and timing of exam, exam day instructions are mentioned on the admit card. Candidates have to carry it along with the valid ID proof to the exam centre for veriification.
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Result
Allahabad University will declare the result on the official website. A scorecard will be released for the appeared candidates on the official website. Candidates are required to enter their login credentials to check their result. Candidates are required to score minimum qualifying marks in the admission test to qualify the exam. There are minimum qualifying marks in Entrance Test are 30% for Unreserved Category, 27% for OBC and no qualifying mark for SC/ST, PH, EW/TW category students. Candidates can download their scorecard and keep it for safely for the time of admission.
Allahabad University LAT 2020 Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats available in LL.B.-I shall be made as under:
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.