Law Admission Test (LAT) 2018 Application Form has been released by University of Allahabad for admission to LL.B Three year Course. Candidates can fill their application for Allahabad University LAT 2018 as per the schedule date. Check here complete regarding LAT 2018 Admission Test such as schedule date, eligibility criteria and other information.
Allahabad University LAT 2018
Allahabad University has released the Important Dates of LAT 2018. LAT 2018 Important Dates will help the candidates to stay updated and keep a track of the latest events of the law examinations. Candidates can check the table below for LAT Important Dates 2018.
|Application Forms Available||15 Apr 2018|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Registration||08 May 2018|
|Last date to deposit fees and submission of form ONLINE||08 May 2018|
|Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online only||15 May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||22 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||10 Jun 2018|
- Every candidate shall, except those exempted from appearing in the Law Admission Test as per Rule 1 (i) and (ii) fill the online registration form on payment of prescribed fee within the dates prescribed and as per the Admission Notification and shall have to submit it Online (after duly filling). Such a candidate shall have to appear in the Law Admission Test according to the schedule given in the end of this Prospectus from a Centre Allotted to him by the Admission Test Committee.
- For candidates exempted from appearing in the Admission Test, there shall be a separate procedure to be notified later on by faculty of Law. There shall be a special process of application and admission for candidate exempted from appearing in the Admission Test, which shall be communicated separately by Faculty of Law.
- Rs 700/- (Rupees Six Hundred) for General and OBC candidates and
- Rs 350/- (Rupees Three Hundred) for SC, ST and PH candidates.
Steps to Fill Online Application Form
Step 1: Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
Step 2: User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email ID
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
Step 5: Submission of Fees
Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with Transaction ID Printed on it.
- Three Year Law Degree Course: An applicant who has graduated in any discipline of knowledge from a University established by an Act of Parliament or by a State legislature or an equivalent national institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an authority competent to declare equivalence, may apply for a three year’ degree’ program in law leading to conferment of LL.B, degree on successful completion of the regular program conducted by a University whose degree in law is recognized by the Bar Council or India for the purpose of enrolment.
- Integrated Degree Program: An applicant who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘ +2’) or equivalent (such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent. constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course, may apply for and be admitted into the program of the Centre of Legal Education to obtain the integrated degree in law with a degree in any other subject as the first degree from the University whose such a degree in law is recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose or enrolment.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the Integrated Five Years course or three years’ LL.B. Course, as the case may be. Explanation: The applicant who have obtained 10+2 or graduation / post graduation through open universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in the law courses.
Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission
Bar Council of India from time to time has stipulated the minimum percentage of marks not below 45% of the total marks in case of general category applicant, 42% for OBC category and 40% of the total marks in case of SC and ST applicant, to be obtained for the qualifying examination. such as +2 Examination in case of Integrated Five Years’ course or Degree course in any discipline for Three years’ LL.B. Course for the purpose of applying for an getting admitted into a Law Degree Program of any recognized University in either of the streams.
Provided that such a minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission into an University/Colleges but only shall entitle the person concerned to fulfill other criteria notified by the University/Colleges concerned or by the government concerned from time to time to apply far admission.
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats available in LL.B.-I shall be made as under:
In accordance with provision of Section 9 of the University of Allahabad Act, 2005 (Act No. 26 of 2005) seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates in all subject / course for which the Admission Test has been held, in accordance with following given as under:
- 15 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) category;
- 7.5 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category; and
- 27 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Other Backward Caste (OBC) category.
- In case the seats reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates remain vacant on account of non-availability of candidates the same shall be filled by the candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates.
- In case the seats reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) category candidates remain vacant on account of non-availability of candidates the same shall be filled by the candidates of unreserved category (General).
If eligible candidates belonging to the ST category are not available to fill any seat reserved for them under clause 5(ii) above, such seat shall be filled by candidates belonging to the SC category. Reservation to candidates belonging to other backward classes (OBC) shall be given by the University as per Government of India guidelines, the Regulation / norms issued by the UGC and in accordance with the order / judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India or the Hon’ble High Court of Allahabad, in regard to the reservation of seats in admission to the LL.B Three Year Course.
- Physically Challenged: “A candidate who has a certified disability of not less than 40 % in any limb or in orthopaedic structure which, in the opinion of the Medical Board (constituted by the University of Allahabad), amounts to an overall physical handicap of not more than 70% or is a certified Visually impaired or a Hearing impaired, may be admitted to the concerned course / subject, irrespective of his position in the order of merit of the total aggregate score, on the recommendation of the Medical Board, subject to the condition that number of such candidates shall not exceed 3 % (1% Hearing impaired, 1 % visually impaired and 1 % Orthopaedic disability and cerebral palsy) of the total seats in the respective course / subject. The privilege shall not be given except claimed by the candidate at the time of application. At the time of admission the candidate shall be required to produce a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the appropriate District or by the Viklang Kendra, Allahabad, which testifies to his disability and bears an attested photograph indicating his / her disability clearly.
Pattern of Admission Test
The Law Admission Test shall be of 2:00 hours duration. The test shall consist of 150 questions of 300 marks.
The paper is divided into three parts.
The questions to Part – I (Language Comprehension), Part – II (General Awareness & Current Affairs) and Part – III (Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude) are of 2 marks each and for every correct answer candidate shall be awarded 2 marks and for every wrong answer 0.5 of a mark will be deducted.
There will be multiple choice questions in the Admission Test.
PAPER-I: Language Comprehension
This part shall consist of two sections. Coverning Hindi Language Comprehension and English Language Comprehension. Candidates are required to possess linguistic skills in both the languages of the level as is expected of a graduate student who has not had these as special subjects. In both the section, the test paper shall comprise passages for comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, words commonly confused, vocabulary, one-word substitution, spellings, idioms, phrases, syntax, grammer, knowledge of proverbs, figures of speech, legal terms and precis writing, They are required to be reasonably proficient in their knowledge of English Language. There shall be objective-type questions covering some or all the above mentioned areas.
PAPER-II:General Awareness & Current Affairs
This paper shall consist of objective questions pertaining to General Awareness about the major facts relating to Indian & World History/Geography/Environment/Indian Culture; Indian National Movement/ Science & Technology, Contemporary National/Regional/International Political & Economic Perspectives; International Organizations/Treaties etc. along with questions on General Knowledge of traditional nature.
PAPER-III:Reasoning Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude
Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical analysis, deductive reasoning, odd even discretion, classification, logical fallacy, analogy, syllogism, Agreement and disagreement to judge the bent of mind of candidates. The question in legal Aptitude is related with constitution/legal system; constitutional/legal principles and practice etc.
For more detail of Allahabad University LAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.