The University of Allahabad hold an Entrance Test to admission for candidates seeking admission to its self-financing B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) : Five Year Integrated Course for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Allahabad University LFAT 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Allahabad University LFAT 2018
Schedule for Allahabad university LFAT 2018 has been released. Candidates can check the details given below. Application forms is available now and the candidates who are willing to fill the form can apply through the link that is given below.
|Application Forms Available||08 Apr 2018|
|Last date for Applying||29 Apr 2018|
|Last date to deposit fees and submission of form ONLINE||29 Apr 2018|
|Date of Downloading Admit Cards Online only||02 May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||07 May 2018|
The candidates have to fill and submit the form online, in accordance with the instructions given in the official Website and also summarized in this page. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before online application. Candidates can also fill their application online from the direct link that is given above.
- Rs. 1500/- for General/OBC candidates.
- Rs. 750/- for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Steps to Fill Online Application
Step 1: Registration Form for Obtaining User ID and Password
Step 2: User ID and Password will be sent through SMS and Email ID
Step 3: Fill the Application Form
Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
Step 5: Submission of Fees
Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with Transaction ID Printed on it.
Students (1) who, at the time of joining the course of study in Law for a degree in law, have passed an examination in 10+2 or 11+1 course of schooling recognized by the Academic Council of the University or possess such academic qualifications which are considered equivalent to 10+2 or 11+1 courses by the Bar Council of India, and (2). Who have secured 45% marks in case of general, 42% in case of OBC category and 40% for SC/ST, in the qualifying examination.
In accordance with provision of Section 9 of the University of Allahabad Act, 2005 (Act No. 26 of 2005) seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category candidates in all subject / course for which the Admission Test has been held, in accordance with following given as under:
- 15 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) category;
- 7.5 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) category;
- 27 % of the total seats in each subject / course shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Other Backward Caste (OBC) category.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to ST category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall be adjusted with the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category.
- In case the seats reserved for candidates belonging to SC category remain vacant on account of the non-availability of candidates, such vacant seats shall not be adjusted with the unreserved (General) and OBC seats.
The paper is divided into three parts.
- Part – I (Language Comprehension),
- Part – II (General Awareness and Current Affairs), and
- Part – III (Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude)
Each will have 50 objective type questions of two marks each. For every correct answer 2 marks shall be awarded and for every wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.
The merit of candidates shall be prepared on the basis of computed marks obtained by the candidates in of the Test.
Minimum Qualifying Marks: All applicants belonging to General Category are required to attain 30% of the maximum marks of the respective test to qualify and to get admission in the course applied for. All applicants of OBC category are required to attain 27% of the maximum marks of the respective test to qualify and to get admission in the course applied for. However, there is no qualifying mark for SC/ST category students.
Admission to this course will be done through an Entrance Test held at All India Level by the University as per the norms and guidelines set by the Bar Council of India by its rules and regulations. Admission test shall be of duration of Two hours and shall comprise three Parts each with a maximum of 100 marks. The papers shall be:
Language Comprehension: The questions set shall aim at testing the knowledge of the candidate in English and Hindi language particularly in English Grammar and Composition.
General Awareness and Current Affairs: The questions set shall aim at testing the general knowledge and awareness of the students about the current national and international affairs.
Reasoning, Mental Ability and Legal Aptitude: The questions set shall aim at testing reasoning power, the mental ability and the legal aptitude of the candidate.
- Every candidate seeking admission to the course is required to apply in the prescribed format within the time limit stipulated by the University.
- The Number of seats in the course is 120 (Number of seats may vary as per decision of BCI). Out of 120 seats 06 seats shall be filled by the ward of the Teacher / employee of the University in accordance by the University Rules. Admissions shall be done strictly in order of merit determined on the basis of the computed Test Score of the Candidates.
- All applications for the Test shall be provisional. If the candidate has filled in any wrong information, his admission may be cancelled at any stage.
All applications for the Test shall be provisional. If the candidate has filled in any wrong information, his admission may be cancelled at any stage.
Official website: www.allduniv.ac.in
For more detail of Allahabad University LFAT 2018 (BALLB (H)) – Download Information Brochure.