University of Law, Faculty of Law has released official notification for eligible candidates for admission into LLM courses through an entrance test for the academic year 2017-2018. Application Form for LLM Courses can be filled online through website. Candidates have to fill their Application Form have to pay the application fee on or before the last date of application. Candidates can check the complete information of Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2017 like application filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process through this page below.
Latest – LLM 2017 Result has been announced. Check it through the link below.
Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2017
Candidates can fill their Application Form from the official website of Allahabad University. Candidates who have filled their Application Form can download their Admit Card before the exam.
Schedule for the Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2017 is given below.
|Online Registration & Submission process begins||21 Apr 2017|
|Last date of Online Registration||13 May 2017|
|Last date to deposit fees and submission of form
|13 May 2017|
|Date of downloading Admit Card online only||1 week before exam|
|Date of Entrance Test||09 Jun 2017|
Allahabad University LLM Application Form 2017
The candidate has to fill and submit the Form Online only, in accordance with the instructions given below. Candidates who are interested are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the Application Form. The direct link to fill the Application form is also given above.
The candidate must have obtained Law Graduate Degree from any University recognized by U.G.C. and the candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the said class candidates who have appeared in Law Graduate (Final Year) are also eligible to apply and appear in the LL.M. Admission Test-2017. However such a candidate will have to produce his or her final year mark sheet as a proof of passing LL.B. (Final Year) examination on or before the date of admission, failing which their claim to admission shall stand forfeited.
For admission to LL.M. preference shall be given to fresh Law graduates (i.e. candidates who have passed the qualifying law graduate examination for the immediately preceding academic year) over law graduates of earlier years. Accumulative deduction at the rate of 5% of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test shall be made for every gap year in case of earlier Law graduates, subject to maximum deduction of 15%.
The Admission Test shall be conducted Online as well as Offline mode and shall have objective type/multiple choice questions only.
The Admission Test shall have 150 objective type/ multiple choice questions and shall be of two hours duration.
The question paper shall have 150 Objective type / multiple choice questions. The paper is divided into two parts, Part-A contains 50 Questions related to General Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude & Part-B contains 100 questions related to the following subjects.
- Constitutional Law of India
- Law of Contract/Mercantile Law
- Criminal Law
- Law of Torts
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
- Public International Law and Human Rights
- Labour Law
- Property Law
Each objective type/ multiple choice question shall carry Two Marks (2.0) only. For each right answer the candidate shall be awarded Two Marks (2.0) whereas for each wrong answer Half Mark (0.5) shall be deducted.
- The LLM Course shall be of two years duration which shall be divided into Four Semesters. It shall be based on CBC System prevalent in the University.
- At the time of the admission the candidates must possess a pass degree of the undergraduate law course.
- At the time of admission the candidate must deposit his Migration Certificate / Transfer Certificate at the counter after filling up the prescribed form.
- A candidate must get himself enrolled in the university and department after admission to course so that his name may be mentioned in the class register.
- After admission the candidates must get an I-card prepared immediately.
- After passing the IInd Semester and/ or IVth Semester the student shall deposit the requisite fee within 15 days of the declaration of result in the University. After deposition the fee he must get his I-card prepared for the next session in Proctor Office.
- He shall also be required to report in the Department and get his name registered in the class register along with a copy of fee receipt and mark sheet; otherwise his name shall not be forwarded to Controller of Examinations.
- Student shall be required to attend the classes regularly as per the classes allotted to them in the time table.
- No student shall be allowed to appear in the exam if they fail to attend 75% of the classes as per Bar Council and UGC Rules.
For more details of AU LLM Entrance Test 2017 – Download Information Brochure.