University of Allahabad, Faculty of Law has released official notification for eligible candidates for admission into LLM courses through an entrance test for the academic year 2018-19. Application Form for LLM Courses can be filled online through website. The LLM course shall of two years duration which shall be divided into 4 Semesters. At the time of admission the candidate must possess a pass degree of the undergraduate law course. At the time of Admission the candidate must deposit his Migration Certificate/Transfer Certificate at the counter after filling up the prescribed form. Candidates have to fill their Application Form and have to pay the application fee on or before the last date of application. Candidates can check the complete information of Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2018 such as application filling process, eligibility criteria, selection process through this page below.
Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2018
Candidates can fill their Application Form from the official website of Allahabad University or from the link that is provided below. Candidates must take due care while filling up the Online Application form. Candidates who have filled their Application Form can download their Admit Card before the exam.
Schedule for the Allahabad University LLM Entrance Test 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration & Submission process begins||20 Apr 2018|
|Last date of Online Registration||13 May 2018|
|Last date to deposit fees and submission of form
|13 May 2018|
|Date of downloading Admit Card online only||20 May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||27 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||10 Jun 2018|
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria, failing of which his/her candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidate must have obtained Law Graduate Degree from any University recognized by U.G.C. and the candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the said class. Candidates who have appeared in Law Graduate (Final Year) are also eligible to apply and appear in the LL.M. Admission Test-2018. However such a candidate will have to produce his or her final year mark sheet as a proof of passing LL.B. (Final Year) examination on or before the date of admission, failing which their claim to admission shall stand forfeited.
- For admission to LL.M. preference shall be given to fresh Law graduates (i.e. candidates who have passed the qualifying law graduate examination for the immediately preceding academic year) over law graduates of earlier years. Accumulative deduction at the rate of 5% of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test shall be made for every gap year in case of earlier Law graduates, subject to maximum deduction of 15%.
Allahabad University LLM Application Form 2018
The candidate has to fill and submit the Online Application Form on www.allduniv.ac.in . The information provided by the applicant in his/her Online Application Form shall not be changed or altered in any case and the University will not entertain such request under any circumstance. The University shall not be liable for any mistake made by the applicant. Candidates should use their own Mobile No. which will be used to communicate to them. The direct link to fill the Application form is also given above.
Application process is now over…!!!
The online form fee is Rs. 700/- (Rs. Seven hundred only) but in case of SC/ST/differently abled Candidate the fee is Rs. 350/- (Rs. Three hundred Fifty only). Without successful fee payment, application is incomplete and will be rejected. After the last date of application no requests will be entertained.
Note: The amount paid by the candidate to the University as the Registration/Test-fee will not be refunded or carried over under any circumstance.
The Admission Test shall be conducted Online as well as Offline mode and shall have objective type/multiple choice questions only. The Admission Test shall have 150 objective type/ multiple choice questions and shall be of two hours duration. The question paper shall have 150 Objective type / multiple choice questions. The paper is divided into two parts, Part-A contains 50 Questions related to General Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude & Part-B contains 100 questions related to the following subjects.
- Constitutional Law of India
- Law of Contract/Mercantile Law
- Criminal Law
- Law of Torts
- Hindu Law
- Muslim Law
- Public International Law and Human Rights
- Labour Law
- Property Law
Each objective type/ multiple choice question shall carry Two Marks (2.0) only. For each right answer the candidate shall be awarded Two Marks (2.0) whereas for each wrong answer Half Mark (0.5) shall be deducted.
Admit card for admission in LL.M. 2018 has been released. Admit card has important details such as Examination centre, Roll no., Date and Time of exam etc. Candidates are now able to download their admit card from the official website or a link provided above. Carrying any other material, except Admit-card and black/blue ballpoint pen, in the Examination hall shall be treated as unfair means.
After the whole examination gets completed, Allahabad University will start publishing the results for LL.M. Entrance Test. Result will be uploaded on the official website or a direct link will also be provided here. Candidates should keep themselves updated with the official website from time to time.
The number of seats in the Course is 62 for Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad, 30 Seats for CMP Degree College and 30 seats for Allahabad Degree College respectively.
- Seats under Physically Handicapped quota shall be filled in order of preference given below ;
(i) Visually impaired
(ii) Hearing impaired
(iii) Orthopedic disability
- Seats of each category given in above (I), (II) & (III) shall be filled on the basis of order of merit of the disability of the Candidates.
A weightage of 5 % shall be added to the score obtained by the candidate in the Admission Test / Entrance Test, who holds the ‘C’ certificate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC).
Physically Challenged Quota
A candidate who has a certified disability of not less than 40 % in any limb or in orthopedic structure which, in the opinion of the Medical Board (constituted by the University of Allahabad), amounts to an overall physical handicap of not more than 70 % or is a Visually impaired or a Hearing impaired , may be admitted to the concerned course / subject, irrespective of his position in the order of merit of the total aggregate score, on the recommendation of the Medical Board, subject to the condition that number of such candidates shall not exceed 5% of the total seats in the respective course / subject. The privilege shall not be given except claimed by the candidate at the time of application. At the time of admission the candidate shall be required to produce a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the appropriate District or by the Viklang Kendra, Allahabad, which testifies to his disability and bears an attested photograph indicating his / her disability clearly.
All candidates entitled to be admitted under the above quota to a course shall be adjusted against their respective social category. Reservation Rules of the University which are in force shall also apply to the LL.M. Admissions.All the candidates belonging to unreserved category are required to attain 30% of the maximum marks of the respective test to qualify and to get admission in the course applied for. All candidates of OBC category are require to attain 27% of the maximum marks of the respective test to qualify and to get admission in the course applied for. However, there is no qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates. A Supreme mercy quota of a 5% of the total seats has been fixed for the wards of regular and retired university teachers and employees.
- The LLM Course shall be of two years duration which shall be divided into Four Semesters. It shall be based on CBC System prevalent in the University.
- At the time of the admission the candidates must possess a pass degree of the undergraduate law course.
- At the time of admission the candidate must deposit his Migration Certificate / Transfer Certificate at the counter after filling up the prescribed form.
- A candidate must get himself enrolled in the university and department after admission to course so that his name may be mentioned in the class register.
- After admission the candidates must get an I-card prepared immediately.
- After passing the IInd Semester and/ or IVth Semester the student shall deposit the requisite fee within 15 days of the declaration of result in the University. After deposition the fee he must get his I-card prepared for the next session in Proctor Office.
- He shall also be required to report in the Department and get his name registered in the class register along with a copy of fee receipt and mark sheet; otherwise his name shall not be forwarded to Controller of Examinations.
- Student shall be required to attend the classes regularly as per the classes allotted to them in the time table.
- No student shall be allowed to appear in the exam if they fail to attend 75% of the classes as per Bar Council and UGC Rules.
Official Website: www.allduniv.ac.in
For more details of AU LLM Entrance Test 2018 – Download Information Brochure.