The AMSOM MBA Admission 2019 has been started, the candidates who are willing to apply for the MBA programme must keep themselves updated. Candidates who have appeared for CAT 2018 conducted by (IIMs) / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / NMAT 2018 / MAT 2018-19 / SNAP 2018 / GMAT (valid GMAT score) can only apply. Candidates can check the complete detail process of application, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
AMSOM MBA Admission 2019 – Ahmedabad University
The Admission Committee of MBA Programme shall be responsible for the selection of students for the academic year 2019.
|Admissions Open||01 Nov 2018|
|Application Submission By||15 Feb 2019|
|Notification to shortlisted candidates||10 Mar 2019|
|Personal Interaction||15 to 25 Apr 2019|
|Merit list||To be announced|
|Programme Commences||Jul 2019|
The application form is available, and the candidate can apply through below link with the payment of application fee of Rs. 1200 ( inclusive of GST). Upon online registration, candidates will be issued a unique login id which should be used for subsequent admission process correspondence. Candidate can apply through given below link.
Application Form: Click here to apply for round 2 AMSOM MBA Admission 2019.
- Candidates who have appeared for either CAT 2018 conducted by (IIMs) / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / NMAT 2018 / MAT 2018-19 / SNAP 2018 / GMAT (valid GMAT score).
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree.
- In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the school by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year examination of bachelor’s degree or equivalent can also apply. Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks).
- Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration date notified by the school.
- However, admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than December 1, 2018, and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria. Non-fulfilment of the above conditions/dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Selection of students shall be done using the following criteria:
- Selection of students will be based on:
- Competitive Aptitude Test.
- Personal Interaction.
- Background and Academic Performance.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interaction on specified dates. The detailed schedule will be communicated to the candidates on their unique login id.
- Admission offers will be given only to the candidates meeting standard performance requirements across all the selected components as defined by Admissions Committee.
- Work experience, though not mandatory, will have an additional advantage.
Merit List and Waiting List for Regular as well as NRI seats
- The merit list and waiting lists will be communicated to candidates on the mentioned date, which will be communicated in advance.
- The school will continue operating waitlist until seats are filled.
- All the candidates who are offered admissions should complete admission formalities by the deadline date. The same will be communicated to all the candidates by email. If a candidate fails to adhere to this deadline, the admission offer shall stand cancelled and the seat will be offered to the waitlisted candidate.
- Candidates must bring the following documents for verification at the time of admission registration:
- Original Mark-sheets of all the graduation years
- Original copy / Email link of Entrance Test Score Card
- Caste Certificate (from competent authority as notified by the Government, if applied for reservation quota); if not submitted earlier, failing which, your provisional admission will get cancelled.
- If at any stage, the information provided by a candidate is found to be false, his candidature/admission shall be cancelled.
- Candidates are strongly recommended to access the website and their email id on a regular basis for admission updates.
Tuition fees charged for the MBA Programme for the academic year 2018-19 will be as per follows:
|Particulars||Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV||Total|
- Additionally, a library and computer lab deposit (refundable) of Rs. 3,000 will be payable after enrolment numbers are issued in the first semester.
- In addition to the tuition fees, each student will have to invest approximately Rs. 12,000 per year in study materials such as textbooks, case studies, supplementary readings, simulations etc.
Note: Tuition fees charged for the MBA Programme are as per the Fee Regulatory Committee. The tuition fees mentioned in the table are for the year 2018- 19. Tuition Fees for the academic year 2018-19 will be charged as per the decision of the Fee Regulatory Committee.
Payment for Securing Admission: Those candidates who are offered admissions are required to pay full fees of the first semester, i.e. Rs.76,000 and confirm the admission. Mode of Payment: Fees may be paid online in favor of “Ahmedabad University”, payable at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
As a part of Ahmedabad University’s commitment to equity and justice, the University admissions process attempts to address social inequalities by providing a relaxation of 10% to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 7% to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) category students in cut-off criteria (grad/percentage/percentile) prescribed for general category students. Such relaxation shall be provided on production of requisite certificate as recognized by the Government of Gujarat
For more information of AMSOM MBA Admission 2019 – Download Admission Policy and Procedure.