|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
The Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) is offer PG Admission to the MBA program for 2017-18. Candidates who have appeared for CAT 2016, CMAT 2017, XAT 2017, MAT 2016-17 as well as GMAT are eligible for AMSOM MBA Admission 2017. Candidates can check the complete detail process of application, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
AMSOM MBA Admission 2017 – Ahmedabad University
The Admission Committee of MBA Programme shall be responsible for selection of students for the academic year 2017-2018.
Postgraduate admission at AMSOM aims to enroll a diverse class of talented students from across India. We aim to admit students with a spirit of inquiry, of discovery, entrepreneurship and offers an environment that fosters the holistic development of students.
Schedule for the AMSOM MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date of receiving duly filled applications||14 Apr 2017|
|Display of GD/PI dates for shortlisted candidates||18 Apr 2017|
|GD/PI of shortlisted candidates||24-29 Apr 2017|
|Merit list||10 May 2017|
|Programme Commences||01 Aug 2017|
The Amrut Mody School of Management (AMSOM) has issued the result for MBA Admission 2017. Candidates can also check the same through the direct link provided below.
Application Form 2017
Candidates may apply by sending duly filled application form along with payment of the application fee of Rs. 1000. The application fee can be paid via demand draft drawn in favour of ‘Ahmedabad University’, payable at Ahmedabad. The last date of submitting duly filled application form along with the application fee is April 14, 2017. Candidates can also download their Application form from the direct link provided below.
Those candidates who want to apply to Regular as well as NRI seats should clearly mention the same in the application form. Depending on the merit performance, he / she may be offered admission in the respective category.
Documents to be included along with the application form are:
- Attested copy of mark-sheet of final year of graduation. Those in the final year of graduation shall self-attest mark-sheets of all the previous years.
- Attested copy of mark-sheets of 10th and 12th Standard
- CAT 2016 / CMAT 2017 / MAT 2016-17 / XAT 2017 Score Card
- Certificates of Achievement as per point 3 of the form
- Experience Certificate, (only full-time experience), if any
- Caste Certificate (from competent authority as notified by the Government, if applied for reservation
For Applicants to NRI / NRI Sponsored Seats (if and when offered admission):
- Documents to be attached at the time of payment of fees:
- Sponsoring NRI affidavit
- Sponsoring NRI passport copy
- Banker’s certificate
- Candidate’s Passport copy (if the candidate is from abroad)
- Documents to be attached at the time of payment of fees:
- Candidates who have appeared for either CAT 2016 conducted by (IIMs) / CMAT 2017 / XAT 2017 / MAT 2016-17 (only May 2016, September 2016, December 2016 and February 2017 scores) are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor’s degree.
- In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the school by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year examination of bachelor’s degree or equivalent can also apply. Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks).
- Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration date notified by the school.
- However, admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than December 1, 2017 and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria. Non-fulfilment of the above conditions/dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
There will be a reasonable relaxation in cut-off point for reservation category candidates for admission to the AMSOM MBA programme.
Selection of students shall be done using the following criteria:
- Entrance Test Performance
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Work Experience
- Academic Performance+
Candidates who have taken CAT 2016 / CMAT 2017 / MAT 2016-17 / XAT 2017 and seek admission in the MBA programme at AMSOM, must apply in the prescribed form.
Based on the cut-off as decided by the admissions committee, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). All the shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for GD and PI at AMSOM campus on specified date(s). These dates will be announced and the schedule will be put up on the website.
Merit List and Waiting List for Regular as well as NRI seats
The merit list and waiting lists will be communicated to candidates on the mentioned date, which will be communicated in advance.
The school will continue operating waitlist until seats are filled.
All the candidates who are offered admissions should complete admission formalities by the deadline date. The same will be communicated to all the candidates by email. If a candidate fails to adhere to this deadline, the admission offer shall stand cancelled and the seat will be offered to the waitlisted candidate.
Candidates must bring the following documents for verification at the time of admission registration:
- Original Mark-sheets of all the graduation years
- Original copy / Email link of Entrance Test Score Card
- Caste Certificate (from competent authority as notified by the Government, if applied for reservation quota); if not submitted earlier, failing which, your provisional admission will get cancelled.
If at any stage, the information provided by a candidate is found to be false, his candidature/admission shall be cancelled.
Candidates are strongly recommended to access the website and their email id on a regular basis for admission updates.
Fee Structure for the batch 2017-19: Regular seats*:
Below mentioned fees are as per fees for the year 2016-17 and are subject to revision by appropriate authorities for the year 2017-18 onwards. Students will have to take an undertaking to pay the difference at the time of securing admissions. Reading material including textbook for the courses will be provided by the school at cost.
A library and computer lab deposit (refundable) of Rs. 3,000 will be levied after enrolment numbers are issued in the first semester.
Fees for NRI / NRI Sponsored Seats*
Tuition fees for the students under the NRI seats: US $6000 per annum. Rest of the charges are same as per the table above.
Fees are subject to revision as per Fee Regulation Committee and Management Guidelines.
Click here to download the Information Brochure.