Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 – Andhra University conducts B.Ed Entrance Test for admission in 2-year distance education B.Ed. programme. The exam is expected to be conducted in the last week of July 2020. B.Ed entrance test is of 120 minutes in which a candidate has to answer 150 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each. Application form has to be filled to apply for the exam. Candidates must have minimum of 50% marks in graduation and fulfil all other eligibility criteria in order to apply. Scroll down to check in detail about the application process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam details and so on.
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020
Candidates can check the schedule for the Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 from the table goven below.
|Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020||Date|
|Application forms releases||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application form||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Last dates for receipt of filled with of Rs. 300/-||1st week of Aug 2020|
|B.Ed Entrance Exam date||Last week of Aug 2020|
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Eligibility
To apply, candidates have to fulfil the standards of eligibility. Check the eligibility criteria for B.Ed distance learning programme in detail from the below given points.
- Qualification Required: Candidate must possess a graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- Marks: To apply for the B.Ed programme, candidate must have at least 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Experience: Candidate must have a two (2) years teaching experience in government/ recognised primary/ upper primary school/ Educational Institution as on 30th June 2020.
- B.Ed Entrance Exam: It is mandatory to qualify the B.Ed entrance exam conducted by the School of Ditance Education of Andhra University.
Note: The exam is conducted to admit In-Service teachers of Andhra Pradesh into the B.Ed programme. However, if an adequate number of teachers are not available from Andhra Pradesh, then teachers from other states subject to eligibility shall be considered for admission.
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Application Form
Candidates can download the application form online through the official website, andhrauniversity.edu.in and submit it before the due date to “The Director, School of Distance Education, Andhra University”. Application form has to be submitted by the candidates along with he application fee.
Application Fee: The expected fee for application form is
- Rs 500/- for all category candidates.
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to make the payment via Demand Draft.
Documents Required to be Attached Along with the Application Form
- Service Certificate from MEO/DEO/Concerned Employer.
- Degree Certificate of qualifying examination.
- S.S.C. or equivalent certificate with Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate (if required).
- . Two Self-Addressed envelopes of 11” X 5” size.
Details to be Filled in the Application Form
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of Parent/Husband
- Date of Birth
- Details of Qualifying examination.
- Details of teaching experience.
- Methodology subject
- Payment Details
- Examination Centre
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Exam Pattern
Entrance exam is conducted to examine candidate’s thinking ability, to check candidate’s verbal and communicative skills, and to assess teaching aptitude of the candidate. The main focus of the test is accuracy. Candidates can check the exam pattern of B.Ed entrance test from the below given points.
- Duration of Exam: B.Ed entrance exam is a total of 2 hours (120 minutes) examination.
- Medium of Test: English and Telugu.
- Type of Questions: All the questions are multiple choice or objective based.
- Number of Questions:There are a total number of 150 questions.
- Sections: The question paper consists of three (3) sections. Part A consist of General English. Part B consist of General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude and Part C consist of Methodology Subject.
- Marks: Each question carried one (1) mark. Therefore, the test is of total number of 150 marks.
|Parts in test||Number of questions||Marks||Duration of the test|
|Part A General English||25||25||2 hours|
|Part B General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude||25||25|
|Part C: Methodology Subject||100||100|
|Subjects to pick from Methodology Subject|
|Subject||Number of questions|
|2 Physical Sciences|
|3 Biological Sciences|
|4 Social Studies|
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Admit Card
Candidates are required to carry the hall ticket/admit card to the exam centre on the day of examination. Candidates are prohibited to enter the exam hall without hall ticket. It can be obtained from the official website of the university.
Details on the Admit Card
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of Husband/Parents
- Identification Marks
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Test centre details
- Hall Ticket number
- Time and Date of the exam.
Things to Carry on the Day of Examination
- Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
- One or Two HB Pencils
- Eraser (Rubber) and
Note: Candidate must reach the exam hall 30 minutes prior to the actual timings and candidate must not carry their cell phones to the exam centre.
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for the exam from below.
Part A – General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part B- General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
- General knowledge of the environment and society
- Current affairs
- Questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence.
Part-C- One of the following subjects to be opted
- Mathematics (MS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics).
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2020 Exam Centres
The following are the exam centres for Andhra University B.Ed 2020.
- Govt. college for Men, Srikakulam
- M.R. College for Education for Education, Vizianagaram
- Aditya College of Education, Kakinada
- SGS Govt. IASE, Rajahmundry
- DNR College of Education, Bhimavaram
- AL College of Education, Guntur
- School of Distance Education, AU, Visakhapatnam
About Andhra University
Andhra University is one of the oldest and first residential and teaching-cum-affiliating University. The main focus of the university is post-graduate teaching and research. It was established in the year 1926. At present, university is offering 313 Courses in Arts, Commerce, Management, Science & Technology, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy and Education.
In 1972, Andhra University started Distance Education in the campus, Currently, it offers Certificate Courses to Post Graduate and Professional Courses for distance education. It is a recognised university under UGC and its distance school is also recognised by Distance Education Bureau of University Grants Commission.
Official website: andhrauniversity.edu.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.