Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2018 – The entrance exam for Andhra University B.Ed Admission 2018 Distance will be held for the 2 year B.Ed. programme. Andhra University is a recognised university under UGC and its distance school is also recognised by Distance Education Bureau of University Grants Commission.The forms are available in online mode to download. All the individuals are required to send the filled form to the officials. Fees will be paid only via DD mode. Check all the required details below.
Andhra University Distance Education B.Ed 2018
The interested candidates are advised to see the table below to keep track of the events. Candidates are advised to stay updated and fill the form before due date. After the due date late fees would be applicable. Link to download Application form is given below.
|Application forms selling starts||09 Apr 2018|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application form||11 May 2018|
|Last dates for receipt of filled with of Rs. 300/-||21 May 2018|
|Time and Entrance test 10:00 am to 12:00 noon||27 May 2018|
Online medium– Applications can also be obtained by downloading it from the official website or through the direct link given below.
Application form: Click here to download Application form.
Filling Application Form
After obtaining the form physically or downloading it in online medium, you must fill it noticing each and every required field carefully. You may go through the instructions first if you like. Wherever necessary write in block letters, indicate centre close to you, name of parent, applicant, date of birth, reservation claim, details of qualifying examination, teaching experience, particulars of the fee paid, paste photograph etc. in the spaces marked for them.
The desirous applicant must submit a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- drawn in favor of the Registrar, Andhra University payable at Visakhapatnam on any Nationalized Bank. If you submit the form after May 21, 2018 late fees will be applicable and the amount of fine will be Rs. 300/-.
Application Form Submission
The duly-filled in application form must be sent by registered post to “The Director, School of Distance Education, Andhra University”. The candidates need to attach the following documents while sending the application form. Here is the checklist:-
- Service Certificate from MEO/DEO/Concerned Employer.
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate of qualifying examination.
- S.S.C. certificate or equivalent with Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate
- 2 Self-Addressed envelopes of 11” X 5” size.
Eligibility conditions for Andhra University B.Ed Admission 2018 Distance
Academic qualification – Graduation from Andhra University or any other university. The university must be a recognized one.
Marks requirement– a minimum of 50% marks for General and 40% in case of SC/ST/BC/PWD category candidates.
Teaching experience requirement– the candidate must have an experience of 2 years teaching experience in government/ recognised primary/ upper primary school/ Educational Institution as on 30th June 2018.
Qualifying examination requirement- The candidate should be qualified in the B.Ed Entrance test to be conducted by the school of Distance Education.
Hall tickets will be issued to candidates in person one day before the commencement of the examination at the respective test centers. Candidates have to carry the Admit cards to the centers on the day of the examination.
What to carry to the test centre?
- Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
- One or Two HB Pencils
- Eraser (Rubber) and
Pattern of the test
The question paper will have 150 objective type questions of 1 mark each. Maximum marks that can be obtained from the paper is 150 marks. The questions will have question paper divided in 3 Parts. Part-A, B and C. there will be questions from General English (Part-A), General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude (Part-B) and (Part-C) Methodology subject ( you will have to pick one from:- Mathematics, Physical Science, Biological Science, Social Studies). Medium of test is English & Telugu.
|Parts in test||Number of questions||Marks||Duration of the test|
|Part A General English||25||25||2 hours|
|Part B General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude||25||25|
|Part C: Methodology Subject||100||100|
|Subjects to pick from Methodology Subject|
|Subject||Number of questions|
|2 Physical Sciences
|3 Biological Sciences
|4 Social Studies
Syllabus for Andhra University B.Ed Admission 2018 Distance Entrance Examination
Part A – General English
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part B- General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
- General knowledge of the environment and society
- Current affairs
- Questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence.
Part-C- One of the following subjects to be opted
- Mathematics (MS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics).
Apart from the application forms being made available at these centers, the exam will also take place in the indicated centres only. Candidates will be allotted seats in one of these 7 colleges as per number of candidates and roll number division.
- Govt. college for Men, Srikakulam
- M.R. College for Education for Education, Vizianagaram
- Aditya College of Education, Kakinada
- SGS Govt. IASE, Rajahmundry
- DNR College of Education, Bhimavaram
- AL College of Education, Guntur
- School of Distance Education, AU, Visakhapatnam
Official website: andhrauniversity.edu.in.
Official Notification for Admissions 2018: Click here to download Notification.