Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018 – Anna University has released the notification and entrance examination details for its M.Phil programme. University conducts the entrance exam for admission to the M.Phil programme. Candidates may read all the necessary details and procedure and may apply for the same. Interested candidates can read all the necessary detail regarding Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, selection process etc. on this page
Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018
Anna University, Chennai offers admission to the M.Phil (Mathematics/ Physics / Medical Physics/ Chemistry/English/ Crystal Science/ Applied Geology) programmes in the University Departments of College of Engineering Guindy, Alagappa College of Technology and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses, Anna University, Chennai for the academic year 2018-19
Anna University is a technical university which is recognized by UGC in Tamil Nadu.It offers the following:
- 31 undergraduate courses
- 64 postgraduate courses
- 3 research courses.
M.Phil courses are of various types like M.Phil in Chemistry
- M.Phil in Physics/Medical Physics/Crystal Science,
- M.phil in English,
- M.Phil in Applied Geology.
Schedule for Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date for registration of application||10 May 2018|
|Date of Admit card||30 May 2018|
|Date of entrance examination||02 Jun 2018|
Anna University has declared the Result of M.Phil Entrance Examination 2018. Candidates can check the same by entering the “Application Number” & “Password”. The direct link to check the same is also provided below for the sake of candidates.
Result: Click here to check M.Phil Entrance exam result.
Online Application Form of Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018 is available on the official website. The candidates can register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu. Candidates may also fill the online application form for admission to the M.Phil programme through the direct “Apply Online” link. which is given below.
Application fee: Make the payment of application / registration fees (only online payment)
Rs.700/- for General category (` 350/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu).
How to Apply
- Fill up the details required in the online application.
- Upload a good quality recently taken passport size photograph in the space provided.
- Upload self attested copies of the following documents:
- X Standard Mark Sheet
- XII / H. Sc. Mark Sheet
- Mark lists of all the semesters of UG Programme
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate
- Mark Sheets of all the semesters / Year of Master’s Degree
- P.G. Degree Certificate or Provisional Degree Certificate. (Candidates appearing for final semester/year examination of the Qualifying PG Degree in April / May 2018 have to upload a bonafide certificate from the Head of the Institution where the candidate is studying or self attested photocopy of the April / May 2018 University Examination Hall Ticket)
- Permanent Community Certificate in card format or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate in the case of BC, BC Muslim, MBC / DNC & SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars) / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu
- Medical Certificate issued by the District Medical Board for Differently
abled person – (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Upload a copy of your signature
- Make the payment of application / registration fees (only online payment)
- The student should have completed Masters Degree with 10+2+3+2 years.
- Final year students may also apply for the admission.
- Students should have completed their Master’s degree in M.Sc to apply to the respective programme.
- Candidates appearing for final semester / year examination in April / May – 2018 may also
apply for admission.
|Mathematics||M.Sc. (Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics)||College of Engineering Guindy
Campus and Madras Institute of Technology Campus, Chrompet
|Physics||M.Sc. (Physics/ Medical Physics/ Materials Science)||College of Engineering Guindy Campus|
|Chemistry||M.Sc. (Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry)|
|English||M.A. (English)||Alagappa College of Technology Campus|
|Crystal Science||M.Sc. (Physics/ Materials Science/ Medical Physics/
Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry)
|Applied Geology||M.A. (Geology/ Applied Geology)||College of Engineering Guindy Campus|
Candidate, if eligible after verification, will be provided a Hall Ticket. All the eligible candidates who have registered should download the hall ticket from Anna University web portal. If any candidate could not download the hall ticket by 30.05.2018 he/she should report to the enquiry office at the Centre for Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai – 25, with a self attested copy of their passport size photograph and evidence for having applied for M. Phil. programme. Entrance examination hall ticket should be produced at the time of admission.
Centre for entrance examination : ANNA University, Chennai
Duplicate Hall Ticket / Mark Sheet
After completion of the entrance examination, if the hall ticket is lost, a duplicate Hall Ticket can be obtained on payment of `Rs.100/- on a written requisition to the Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025, indicating the registration no. and produce self attested photograph which has been taken from the same negative used for the photo uploaded in the application and hall ticket with a certificate obtained from the Head of the Institution where he/she has studied or is studying or an officer of Grade A or B to the effect that he/she is a genuine candidate who has appeared for the entrance examination. In case, the mark sheet is lost, a duplicate mark sheet can be obtained on payment of RS.250/- by a written request to the Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. The payment for duplicate hall ticket / mark sheet must be made in the form of a D.D. obtained from any Nationalised Bank drawn in favor of “The Director (Admissions), Anna University”, payable at Chennai.
The details of examination are given in –
Candidates choosing the following subjects for appearing in the entrance examination will be considered only to the programmes indicated against each.
- Mathematics : M.Phil. (Mathematics)
- Physics : M.Phil. (Physics) / M.Phil. (Medical Physics) / M.Phil. (Crystal Science)
- Chemistry : M.Phil. (Chemistry)
- English : M.Phil. (English)
- Applied Geology : M.Phil. (Applied Geology)
- Candidates have to write the Entrance Examination only in the subject for the programme (as shown above) chosen by the candidate in the Application.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of an entrance exam which will be of one hour on the following subjects.Students should prepare well for the examination in order to take admission in the following courses.The following subjects are given as follows:
2. Physics/Medical Physics
5. Crystal Science
6. Applied Geology
Tie Breaker: If two candidates have obtained same marks during the preparation of merit list, the
candidate having higher average percentage of marks upto pre-final semester/year of the qualifying examination and have passed all the subjects of the qualifying examinations upto pre-final semester / year will be ranked above
Candidates will be called for counselling as per merit list prepared based on the
marks secured in the entrance examination conducted by Anna University. Candidates who have secured zero mark / negative mark in the entrance examination are not eligible for admission. More number of candidates than the actual seats available will be called for counselling. Allotment of seats will be through counselling following the rule of reservation of
Government of Tamil Nadu. Reservation shall be made under seven categories namely OC,
BC (other than BC Muslim), BCM (BC Muslim), MBC / DNC, SC, SCA and ST. Candidates seeking admission against ST/SC/SCA/ MBC & DNC/ BC/BCM(BC Muslim) quota should have obtained the community certificate (Card format or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate from competent authority.
The Counselling will be conducted at Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Candidates should attend counselling at their own cost with all their original certificates with an initial deposit of ` 5000/- through online payment.
For More Detail of Anna University M.Phil Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure