Anna University Part-Time BE/B.Tech Admission 2020 – Anna University conducts entrance examination for admission to Part-Time B.E. / B.Tech. (Self-Supporting) (Evening) Degree Programmes, offered in the University Departments of College of Engineering Guindy, Alagappa College of Technology, and Madras Institute of Technology campuses. This course is specially designed for working professionals to enhance their knowledge in their respective fields. Candidates can check the complete details of Anna University Part-Time B.E. / B.Tech Admission 2020 such as eligibility criteria, the application process, application fee, selection process, and other information through this page.
Latest: Notification for admission will be out on November-December 2020. Stay here for getting updates.
Anna University Part-Time BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020
The university has officially declared that the admission notification will be out during the month of November- December 2020. Given below is the schedule for Anna University Part-Time BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020.
|Notification available from||Nov – Dec 2020|
|Last date for online registration||to be announced|
Eligibility criteria for Anna University BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria required before applying for the entrance exam. No change in claims made in the application will be permitted after the last date prescribed for submission of application.
Qualification – Candidates should have passed any one of the 3 years Diploma course in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology of the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu from an AICTE approved institution or its equivalent.
Year of passing Diploma – Candidates should have completed the diploma in the relevant branch of specialization at least two years before the last date prescribed for submission of application.
Place of work – Candidates should be working in a place within a distance of 120 km from the college to which he/she seeks admission. The place of working should be in Tamil Nadu only.This will enable him/her to attend the classes regularly at 6.15 p.m. and onwards.
Age limit – No age limit is prescribed for admission to Part-Time B.E. / B.Tech. degree courses.
- Candidates who are working professionals at the time of admission alone are eligible.
- Candidates should minimum have two years of full-time work experience in a registered firm / Company / Industry / Educational / Government and Autonomous organizations in the relevant field in which admission is sought.
Mode of Study – The mode of Diploma study will be Full Time or Lateral Entry or Part-Time whereas Distance mode of study is not permitted.
Anna University BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can register themselves for admission to Part-Time B.E. / B.Tech. (Self-Supporting) (Evening) Degree Programmes from the official website of Anna Univesity annauniv.edu. The official notification will be available during November/ December 2020 as per the official notification by Anna University. It is advised to fill in the details carefully as University has no provision to edit the form after the final submission. Candidates can also register through the direct link provided below.
Guidelines to fill the application form:-
- Fill the correct details in the Application form
- Upload a recently taken photograph in the space provided (Maximum 50 kb) (Maximum 50 kb)
- Upload copies of (in pdf format)
- X standard mark sheet or its equivalent certificate
- XII standard mark sheet (for lateral entry candidate)
- Diploma mark sheets of all semesters or Consolidated mark sheet (copy of both sides of the mark sheets/certificates should be furnished)
- Diploma Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate(s)
- Present Employment Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate in card format or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate in the case of BC, BC Muslim, MBC / DNC & SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars) / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Nativity certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate – (If applicable)
- Certificate obtained from the District Medical Board (for Differently abled candidate)
Registration fee is Rs.600/- for General category and Rs.300/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu. The fee should be paid only through online mode by using Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking. (as per last year details.)
Anna University BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020 Rank
The rank for Anna University Part-Time BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020 will be released. Candidates can check their rank through the direct link, which will be provided here. Candidates can also pay the counseling fees after checking their rank. To check the rank and pay the fee, candidates have to login by entering the details asked.
Selection Procedure for Anna University Part-Time BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020
The rank list will be prepared based on the total marks of 100 (Marks obtained in the qualifying marks will be reduced to 75 marks and marks for work experience will be a maximum of 25 marks).
Merit list will be prepared as per ranking based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the Diploma examination and the marks awarded for the period of service adopting the weightage proportion 75:25 and evaluated for a total of 100 marks. In cases where more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common rank list, the rank among such candidates shall be determined in the order of priority as given below
- Total years of experience
- Total marks obtained in the Qualifying Diploma Examination
- Date of Birth (senior will be placed above)
Counselling for Anna University Part-Time BE/ B.Tech Admission 2020
Candidates should note that the counseling will be based on the rank and communal reservation. The counseling schedule will be published on the website of Anna University annnauniv.edu before the commencement of counseling. Note the given points to understand the complete counseling proceedings.
- Rank list and counseling schedule such as date, time, and the cut-off mark will be published on the Anna University Website.
- All the eligible candidates will be able to download the “Intimation of Counselling” or Call Letter from Anna University Website.
- The eligible candidates who have applied and whose marks are above the cut-off mark will be called for counseling.
- Candidates must reach the allotted center with their original certificates, two hours before the counseling session as directed by the official notification of Anna University.
- College and branch will be allotted only through counseling as per their rank following communal reservation.
- Candidates are advised to visit official Anna University Website: www.annnauniv.edu for further counseling details.
- Counseling will be held at Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions, Anna University, Chennai-25 only.
- Candidates who do not attend the counseling on the specified date and time cannot claim any right for admission at a later date.
- If any candidate could not download “Intimation of Counselling” (Call Letter) he /she should report to the Enquiry office at the Centre for Entrance Examinations and Admissions with evidence for having applied for Part-time B.E. / B.Tech. degree program-2020. If eligible after the verification, the candidate will be issued a duplicate call letter.
For Complete Details of Anna University Part Time BE Admission 2020, check previous year Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.