Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2020 – Annamalai University (AU) has issued a notification for admission to B.Ed. Degree Programmes for the Academic Year 2020-21. This Programme is for a period of 2 years. There are many optional subjects offerered for B.Ed (viz.Tamil, English, Mathematics (Applied Mathamatics), Physical Science (Physics / Applied Physics / Geo-Physics / Bio-Physics / Electronics/ Chemistry / Biochemistry / Applied Chemistry), Natural Science (Botany / Biotechnology and Plant Biology / Plant Biotechnology / Zoology / Environmental Science / Microbiology), Social Science (History), Economics, Commerce). One of the key feature of Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2020 is that there is no age limit i.e candidates of any age group can apply. Candidates can check all the details regarding Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2020-21 from this page given below.
Latest: The application form has been released for Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2020. Scroll down to get the link to apply online.
Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2020
Selection will be based on Merit of the relevant qualifying examination of Tamilnadu Government / Equivalent Board and the Rule of Reservation followed by the Government of Tamilnadu.
Duration: The Programme is for a period of 2 year (Non Semester)
Age Limit – No Age Limit.
Medium of Instruction – English and Tamil.
Schedule for the Annamalai University for B.Ed Admission 2020 is given below.
|Online Application Form||20 Jul 2020|
|Last date Submission of Application Form||to be announced|
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020
Candidate should register and apply online or download the application form online by logging on to Official Website. The guidelines for registration are available on the Annamalai University Website. The candidates shall ensure that the completed online application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Annamalai University within the date and time specified. Applications received by Speed post/courier or any other means, after the last date & time will not be accepted irrespective of the date of booking. Any supporting documents received after the due date or application without required documents/particulars will not be entertained.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for AU B.Ed Application Form 2020
- For SC/ST – Rs. 500/-
- Others – Rs. 1000/-
The candidates are directed to enclose the following certificates along with the Online application:
- 10th Marksheet
- H.Sc / Equivalent Marksheet
- UG/PG/M.Phil/Ph.D Mark Sheet
- NSS/NCC/Sprorts Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM.
- Nativity Certificate – if applicable
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020 Eligibility criteria
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC Recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Educational Level.
- Engineering and Technology candidates should have undergone 10+2+4 (16) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the recognized Universities.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination (or) 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III /Part-IV under (Double/Triple major system) of the UG degree should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, mark obtained by the candidates in two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks.
- Candidates who have passed under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed under Four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under part-III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (Five Year Integrated Degree Programmes) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission in such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Programme.
- Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for admission to the course other than subjects like Economics and Commerce for which PG qualification is mandatory. Community/Category Minimum Marks OC 50%, BC 45%, MBC/DNC 43%, SC/SCA/ST 40%, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates 40%.
- Candidates who have passed PG degree in Economics and Commerce without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
- In the case of differently Abled, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough. However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University/Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed. programme in force from time to time.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020 Counselling
Once the application process gets completed sucessfully, authority will start publishing the counselling schedule. As soon as official counselling schedule release, we will upload it here.
- Counselling will be held at the Administrative Office, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram.
- Counselling Schedule will be available on the website. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit.
- Counselling for the special category will be held before the general counseling.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020 Mode of Selection
Admission to General Category
The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made. As per last year details.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in major and allied subjects (both in Theory and Practical) in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III (under Double/Triple Major 8 System) of UG degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two/Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG degree (5 year Integrated Course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the candidates should belong to the subject other than Commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course. For the Candidates belongs to the subject commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the fourth and fifth years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course.
Admission to Special Reservation Categories
Candidates who are applying for the special reservation categories of seats should satisfy the rules stipulated for admission. Allocation of these Special Reservation seats will be followed as per horizontal reservation. If a vacancy arises it will be reverted to the general counselling in the respective communities.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020 Fee Structure & Scholarship
Candidates can check the Tuition and Hostel fee details from below. Candidates must submit the fee in a time bounded manner to avoid any untoward situation. As per last year details.
The details of Tuition Fee to be paid by the candidate are as follows
|Bachelor of Education(B.Ed)||Total fee per annum|
Annamalai University is a residential University. Hostel Accommodation is compulsory and the Candidates are advised to stay in the Hostel. The room rent and establishment charges are as given below:
|Name of the|
|Hostel Name||Caution Deposit||Annual Hostel and|
|B.Ed||Malligai Illam (Men)||5,000/-||45,000/-||50,000/-|
|Thamarai Illam (Women)|
|SC/SCA/ST Students Any Hostel||5,000/-||19,000/- #||24,000/-|
# This fee has to be paid by the students at the time of joining the hostel and would exclusively cover Admission Fees, Establishment, Room rent, Electrical and Misc. Charges only – Except Mess charges (Lumpsum Mess charges of Rs. 22000/- will be adjusted from their Scholarship amount).
The students of Annamalai University can avail the Government Scholarships subject to eligibility.
- Application Fee Concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students: Entrance/ Course Application fees concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST Community and Converted Christian by the Government Tamil Nadu.
- Tuition Fee Concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students: Full Tuition fee concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST community and converted Christian under the rule 92 of Tamil Nadu Education Rules by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Post Matric Scholarship: Covering special fees, examination fees, and maintenance charges will be awarded to the students belonging to SC/ST Community whose Parent’s/Guardian’s income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,50,000/- per annum and Converted Christian (converted from SC/ST) ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- Higher Education Special Scholarship: In addition to the Post Metric Scholarship, Higher Education Special Scholarship is awarded to the hostel students belonging to SC/ST and Converted Christian community and the number of scholarship is limited by the Government. The Annual income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship: The Scholarship will be awarded to the Students belonging to BC/MBC/DNC communities whose Parent’s/ Guardian’s income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- Fee Concession to Blind Students: Under rule 92 (TNER), Full Tuition fees concession is granted to blind Students belonging to all communities whose parents/Guardians annual Income should not exceed ` 24,000/-.
Note: All Scholarship income certificate taken after April 2018 should be produced. Except for Sl.no.6, the entire fees should be paid by the students at the time of admission and the eligible amount sanctioned by the Government will be reimbursed after receiving from the Government.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2020 Reservation
Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/SCA/MBC/DNC//BC/ BCM/OC communities will be made as per rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Among the above reservations, 5% of seats have been included for differently abled persons as per norms laid down by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
There is Special Reservation for persons with various disabilities. Candidates seeking admission against special reservation should fulfil certain eligibility criteria which are mentioned in the official brochure.
Official Website: annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.