Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2018 – Annamalai University (AU) has issued a notification from eligible candidates for admission to B.Ed. Degree Programmes for the Academic Year 2018-19. This Programme is for a period of 2 year(Non Semester). There are many opetional subjects offerered for B.Ed (viz.Tamil, English, Mathematics(Applied Mathamatics), Physical Science (Physics / Applied Physics / Geo-Physics / Bio-Physics / Electronics/ Chemistry / Biochemistry / Applied Chemistry), Natural Science (Botany / Biotechnology and Plant Biology / Plant Biotechnology / Zoology / Environmental Science / Microbiology), Social Science (History), Economics, Commerce). One of the key feature of Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2018 is that there is no age limit i.e candidates of any age group can apply. Candidates can check all the details regarding Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2018-19 from this page given below.
Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2018
Interested candidates can apply online for B.Ed Admission 2018 issued by Annamalai University. Before filling up the application form, candidates must ensure their eligibility. Selection will be based on Merit of the relevant qualifying examination of Tamilnadu Government / Equivalent Board and the Rule of Reservation followed by the Government of Tamilnadu. The Candidates seeking admission should Register and apply only through Online by logging on to www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in or a direct link is also provided below.
Duration: The Programme is for a period of 2 year (Non Semester)
Age Limit – No Age Limit.
Medium of Instruction – English and Tamil.
Schedule for the Annamalai University for B.Ed Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date for Receipt of filled in Online Application Form||30 Jul 2018|
Note – Counselling date for B.Ed. Degree Programme will be announced later.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2018
Candidate should register and apply only through online by logging on to Official Website. The guidelines for registration are available on the Annamalai University Website. Candidates can also fill the application form from the direct link given below.
Acknowledgement will be sent to the registered e-mail on receipt of the filled in online application by post together with a demand draft for B.Ed. Rs.500/- (for SC/SCA/ST) and Rs.1000/- for Others, which is drawn in favour of The Registrar, Annamalai University, payable at Chennai.
The filled in Online application should be downloaded and sent compulsory with the all enclosure either by Speed /Registered post or in person to
PIN- 608 002
and should reach on or before July 30, 2018(5.30 p.m).
Note: The candidates shall ensure that the completed online application form with all particulars and enclosures reaches the Annamalai University within the date and time specified. Applications received by Speed post/courier or any other means, after the last date & time will not be accepted irrespective of the date of booking. Any supporting documents received after the due date or application without required documents/particulars will not be entertained.
- For SC/SCA/ST – Rs. 500/-
- Others – Rs. 1000/-
The candidates are directed to enclose the following certificates along with the Online application:
- 10th Marksheet
- H.Sc / Equivalent Marksheet
- UG/PG/M.Phil/Ph.D Mark Sheet
- NSS/NCC/Sprorts Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM.
- Nativity Certificate – if applicable
Note: Candidates must produce Original Mark Sheet and TC along with 1 set of photocopies of these documents at the time of counselling.
AU B.Ed Eligibility criteria
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC Recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Educational Level.
- Engineering and Technology candidates should have undergone 10+2+4 (16) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the recognized Universities.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination (or) 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III /Part-IV under (Double/Triple major system) of the UG degree should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, mark obtained by the candidates in two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive at the percentage of marks.
- Candidates who have passed under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed under Four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under part-III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (Five Year Integrated Degree Programmes) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission in such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Programme.
- Candidates with the following marks in the Bachelor’s Degree are eligible for admission to the course other than subjects like Economics and Commerce for which PG qualification is mandatory. Community/Category Minimum Marks OC 50%, BC 45%, MBC/DNC 43%, SC/SCA/ST 40%, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates 40%.
- Candidates who have passed PG degree in Economics and Commerce without undergoing 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of education shall not be considered for admission.
- In the case of differently Abled, Physically and Visually Challenged Candidates, a minimum pass in the degree is enough. However, the basis of selection shall be in accordance with the Regulations of the University/Government of Tamil Nadu Guidelines for admission to B.Ed. programme in force from time to time.
Note: For subject wise eligibility criteria, Candidates can refer to Official Brochure of Annamalai University B.Ed Admission given below on this page.
Once the application process gets completed sucessfully, authority will start publishing the counselling schedule. As soon as official counselling schedule release, we will upload it here.
- Counselling will be held at the Administrative Office, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Chidambaram.
- Counselling Schedule will be available on the website. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit.
- Counselling for the special category will be held before the general counseling.
- Counselling Fee: Candidates have to pay a Counselling fee of ` 2000/- (` 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST Candidates) by cash or DD in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” payable at Chennai at the time of counselling. The counselling fee is not refundable.
Note: For more details about counselling, Candidates may refer to the Official Brochure given below on this page.
Mode of Selection
Admission to General Category
The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in major and allied subjects (both in Theory and Practical) in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III (under Double/Triple Major 8 System) of UG degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two/Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG degree (5 year Integrated Course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the candidates should belong to the subject other than Commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course. For the Candidates belongs to the subject commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the forth and fifth years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course.
Admission to Special Reservation Categories
Candidates who are applying for the special reservation categories of seats should satisfy the rules stipulated for admission. Allocation of these Special Reservation seats will be followed as per horizontal reservation. If vacancy arises it will be reverted to the general counselling in the respective communities.
Note: For more information related to Mode of Selection, Candidates can check the Official Brochure given below on this page.
Fee Structure & Scholarship
Candidates can check the Tuition and Hostel fee details from below. Candidates must submit the fee in a time bounded manner to avoid any untoward situation.
The details of Tuition Fee to be paid by the candidate are as follows
|Bachelor of Education(B.Ed)||Total fee per annum|
Annamalai University is a residential University. Hostel Accomodation is compulsory and the Candidates are advised to stay in the Hostel. The room rent and establishment charges are as given below:
|Name of the
|Hostel Name||Caution Deposit||Annaul Hostel and
|B.Ed||Malligai Illam (Men)||5,000/-||45,000/-||50,000/-|
|Thamarai Illam (Women)|
|SC/SCA/ST Students Any Hostel||5,000/-||19,000/- #||24,000/-|
# This fee has to be paid by the students at the time of joining the hostel and would exclusivelycover Admission Fees, Establishment, Room rent, Electrical and Misc. Charges only – Except Mess charges (Lumpsum Mess charges of Rs. 22000/- will be adjusted from their Scholarship amount).
The students of Annamalai University can avail the Government Scholarships subject to eligibility.
- Application Fee Concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students: Entrance/ Course Application fees concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST Community and Converted Christian by the Government Tamil Nadu.
- Tution Fee Concession to SC/ST and Converted Christian Students: Full Tuition fee concession is granted to students belonging to SC/ST community and converted Christian under the rule 92 of Tamil Nadu Education Rules by the Government of Tamil Nadu
- Post Matric Scholarship: Covering special fees, examination fees, and maintenance charges will be awarded to the students belonging to SC/ST Community whose Parent’s/Guardian’s income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,50,000/- per annum and Converted Christian (converted from SC/ST) ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- Higher Education Special Scholarship: In addition to the Post Metric Scholarship, Higher Education Special Scholarship is awarded to the hostel students belonging to SC/ST and Converted Christian community and the number of scholarship is limited by the Government. The Annual income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- BC/MBC/DNC Scholarship: The Scholarship will be awarded to the Students belonging to BC/MBC/DNC communities whose Parent’s/ Guardian’s income from all sources should not exceed ` 2,00,000/- per annum.
- Fee Concession to Blind Students: Under rule 92 (TNER), Full Tuition fees concession is granted to blind Students belonging to all communities whose parents/Guardians annual Income should not exceeds ` 24,000/-.
Note: All Scholarship income certificate taken after April 2018 should be produced. Except Sl.no.6 the entire fees should be paid by the students at the time of admission and the eligible amount sanctioned by the Government will be reimbursed after receiving from the Government.
Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to ST/SC/SCA/MBC/DNC//BC/ BCM/OC communities will be made as per rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Among the above reservations, 5% seats have been included for differently abled persons as per norms laid down by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
There is Special Reservation for persons with various disabilities. Candidates seeking admission against special reservation should fulfill certain eligibility criteria which is mentioned in the official brochure.
Note: For detailed information about Reservation, candidates can Official Brochure given below.
Official Website: www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
For more details of Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure