Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2017 – Annamalai University (AU) has issued a notification from eligible candidates for admission to B.Ed. Degree Programmes for the Academic Year 2017-18. Candidates can check all the details regarding Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2017 from this page given below.
Latest – Last date for Online Application has been Extended. Check the date below.
Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2017
Interested candidates can apply online for B.Ed Admission 2017 issued by Annamalai University. Before going to apply candidates must check all the details carefully. Selection will be based on Merit of the relevant qualifying examination of Tamilnadu Government / Equivalent Board and the Rule of Reservation followed by the Government of Tamilnadu.
Duration: The Programme is for a period of 2 year (Non Semester)
Age Limit – No Age Limit.
Medium of Instruction – English and Tamil.
Schedule for the Annamalai University for B.Ed Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for Receipt of filled in Online Application Form||
16 Aug 2017 upto 5:30 PM
Note – Counselling date for B.Ed. Degree Programme will be announced later.
AU B.Ed Application Form 2017
Candidate should register and apply only through online by logging on to www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in. The guidelines for registration are available on the Annamalai University Website. Candidates can also fill the application form from the direct link given below.
DD drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University”payable at Chennai for for Rs. 500/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu and Rs. 1000/- in the case of others.
The filled in Online application should be downloaded and sent compulsory on or before 16 Aug 2017 up to 5:30 pm with the all enclosure either by Speed /Registered post or in person to
TAMIL NADU PIN- 608 002
- For SC/SCA/ST – Rs. 500/-
- Others – Rs. 1000/-
The candidates are directed to enclose the following certificates along with the Online application:
- 10th Marksheet
- H.Sc / Equivalent Marksheet
- UG/PG/M.Phil/Ph.D Mark Sheet
- NSS/NCC/Sprorts Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM.
- Nativity Certificate – if applicable
Note: Candidates must produce Original Mark Sheet and TC along with 1 set of photocopies of these documents at the time of counselling.
Eligibility criteria for Admission
- The candidates should have undergone 10+2+3 (15) or 11+1+3 (15) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the respective State Board or CBSE or any other recognized Board of Education/ Examination and UG Degree Examination of the UGC Recognized Universities in any one of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School Education at the Secondary / Higher Secondary Educational Level.
- Engineering and Technology candidates should have undergone 10+2+4 (16) pattern of study and passed qualifying examinations conducted by the recognized Universities.
- Candidates who have passed the UG or PG Degree in Open University System without qualifying in 11 years SSLC examination and 1 year of Pre-University Course (PUC) examination (or) 10+2 pattern of School Education examination shall not be considered for admission.
- Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III /Part-IV under (Double/Triple major system) of the UG degree should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, mark obtained by the candidates in two/three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks as stipulated.
- Candidates who have passed under Additional Degree Programme with less than three years duration are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have passed under Four year Dual Degree Programme with two major subjects under part-III are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have qualified in PG Degree (Five Year Integrated Degree Programmes) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission in such cases, the marks obtained by the candidates in the PG shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Programme.
For detailed information regarding eligibility criteria, please refer the Information Brochure given below on this page.
All eligible candidates who applied for the AU B.Ed Admission 2017 are now invited for the admission counselling as per the cut off marks and the schedule provided below. Candidates are required to bring all the original document and the demand draft for the counselling fee at the time of counselling. The direct link to download the Counselling Call Letter has been provided below along with other instructions.
Counselling Fee: Candidates have to pay a Counselling fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST Candidates) by cash or DD in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” payable at Chennai at the time of counselling. The counselling fee is not refundable.
After allotment of all seats in various categories the applicants, who have paid the requisite counselling fee but did not get admission will be placed in the waiting list in the order of their merit and in case vacancies arise at a later stage, due to non-joining of selected candidates or for any other reasons they will be admitted in the order of merit by following the rule of reservation.
Mode of Selection
The selection of candidates will be on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying UG/PG Degree examination. Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their rank. Based on the rank and rule of reservations, allotment will be made.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in major and allied subjects (both in Theory and Practical) in all three years in the UG degree will be taken as the base mark for ranking.
Candidates who have taken more than one main subject in Part-III (under Double/Triple Major System) of UG degree course should have to choose only one of the main subjects and should have applied for that optional only. In such cases, marks obtained by the candidates in Two/Three major subjects shall be taken into account to arrive percentage of marks.
Candidates who have qualified in PG degree (5 year Integrated Course) under 10+2+5 or 11+1+5 pattern of study shall be considered for admission. In such cases, the candidates belongs in the subject other than Commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the first three years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course. For the Candidates belongs to the subject commerce and Economics, the marks obtained by the candidates in the forth and fifth years (in major and ancillary or allied subjects alone) of the course alone shall be taken into account for admission to the B.Ed. Degree Course.
Note –This fee has to be paid by the students at the time of joining the hostel and would exclusively cover the room rent and establishment charges. The mess charges which are in addition could be adjusted through the scholarship amount.
For more details of Annamalai University B.Ed Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure