AP PGECET 2020 – The admit card is out for special examination for covid positive students. Andhra University (AU), Vishakhapatnam, has released the AP PGECET 2020 result at sche.ap.gov.in. AP Postgraduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (AP PGECET) is held at the state level for admission of candidates in M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm. / Pharm.D (PB) courses. Candidates having bachelor qualifying degree or its equivalent with at least 50% marks from an AICTE / UGC approved institutions and fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply for AP PGECET 2020. Check more details like application process, syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility, etc of AP PGECET 2020 from this page.
– APPGECET 2020 Counselling is rescheduled due to technical reason, the revised schedule will be announced on January 31, 2021
– AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card is out for Special Examination to Covid Positive students. Get Here!
– AP PGECET 2020 Rank Card is now available. Click Here to Download.
AP PGECET 2020
Candidates who have valid GATE / GPAT score need not apply for AP PGECET 2020. They can directly take part in AP PGEC counselling. The schedule for AP PGECET can be checked from the table below.
|AP PGECET 2020||Important dates|
|Availability of AP PGECET 2020 Notification||05 Mar 2020|
|AP PGECET 2020 Registration starts||09 Mar 2020|
|Last date to submit AP PGECET 2020 without Late Fee|
|AP PGECET 2020 Application Correction window opens|
10-13 Jul 2020
|AP PGECET 2020 Exam Center Change|
|Last date to submit AP PGECET 2020 with Late Fee of 500/-|
|Last date to submit AP PGECET 2020 with Late Fee of 1000/-|
|Last date to submit AP PGECET 2020 with Late Fee of 2000/-|
23 Sep 2020
|AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card download starts||23 Sep 2020|
|AP PGECET 2020 Exam||28 Sept 2020 to 30 Sept 2020|
|AP PGECET 2020 Preliminary Answer Key|
|Last date to send objections against AP PGECET 2020 Preliminary Answer Key|
04 Oct 2020 up to 05:00 pm
|AP PGECET 2020 Result declaration|
|AP PGECET 2020 Admit card for Covid positive students||28 Oct 2020|
AP PGECET 2020 Result
AP PGECET 2020 result is published on the official website sche.ap.gov.in with the rank cards. Candidates can check their result using registration number and PGECET hall ticket number. The result includes ranks of the candidates obtained in the examination. Qualified candidates based on their ranks are called for the counselling. The selection of candidates and allotment to colleges will be on the basis of rank obtained at the Common Entrance Test.
Cut off / Qualifying Marks
For qualifying AP PGECET 2020, the candidates need to obtain minimum 25% in the test. In other words, the candidates need to get 30 marks out of 120. There is no minimum qualifying marks for SC / ST candidates.
AP PGECET 2020 Answer Key
The authority has released the AP PGECET 2020 Preliminary answer key online at sche.ap.gov.in in PDF format. The answer key contains answer to all the questions asked in the exam. The students can cross-check all the answers with the help of the answer key. Candidates also get a chance to raise an objection against the preliminary answer key by sending an email to the board. After that, the officials verify the raised objections and release the final answer key. Candidate can not raise objections against the final answer key.
AP PGECET 2020 Detailed Exam Schedule
Click here to download the schedule.
AP PGECET 2020 Admit Card
The official authority has released the admit card for AP PGECET 2020 on the official website i.e sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates can login with their DOB, registration number and name of paper. It is provided in pdf format. The admit card contains the name of test centre, address of test centre, registration number, roll number, signature and photograph of candidates.
No candidate is allowed to enter the test centre without the following items:
- Hard Copy of AP PGECET 2020 Hall Ticket
- Photograph of candidate
- Valid Identity Proof.
AP PGECET 2020 Important Instructions
On the examination day, the candidates are required to follow certain instructions. Check the points given below.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall until the examination is over.
- Reach the exam center on time as after the scheduled time, candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must check the question paper whether it is for the same course they applied or not.
- Candidates must maintain discipline at the time of the exam. Any kind of malpractice during examination will lead to the cancellation of the exam.
AP PGECET 2020 Application Form
Online application forms for AP PGECET 2020 are released on the official website, sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet. It is mandatory to provide the aadhar card number in the application form. An overview of filling AP PGECET 2020 application form is given below.
- First step is to pay the application fee.
- Then, enter your payment reference id, qualifying exam hall ticket number, date of birth and mobile number and proceed with filling the application form.
- Enter the personal details, category details, address details, qualifying examination details, common entrance test details in the application form.
- Next step is to, upload the photograph and signature.
- At last, after uploading the images, take the printout of the confirmation page.
Application Fee: Check the application fee given below.
|Category||Application Fee||Application fee with Late Fee charges|
|OC/BC||Rs 1000||Rs 1000/- + (500/ 2000/ 5000/-)|
|SC/ST||Rs 500||Rs 500/- + (500 /2000/ 5000/-)|
Mode of Payment: The payment of the registration fee can be done online through AP Online services or Payment Gateway provided through
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net banking
AP PGECET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility is divided into 2 categories and the students have to fulfil both before applying for the exam.
Eligibility for writing the test
Nationality: The applicants must be Indian nationals.
Nativity: The candidates must belong to Andhra Pradesh / Telangana amd must fulfill the local / noc-local status requirements.
Educational Qualification: The candidates must have obtained a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks (45% for unreserved categories) from an AICTE / UGC approved institution. Also, the candidates must have passed all the subjects in their graduation for which they want to apply.
Eligibility for admission into M.Tech./ M.Pharm. / Pharm.D(PB) courses:
Qualify AP PGECET 2020: The students must pass AP PGECET in the test paper relevant to the course in which the admission is sought.
GATE / GPAT scores: First preference is given to candidates qualified in GATE / GPAT in the relevant branch based on their test scores. The remaining seats are then allotted candidates qualifying AP PGECET 2020.
AP PGECET 2020 test paper: The candidates have to qualify in the relevant test paper of AP PGECET as per the subject for which the admission is sought after. The test papers and their relevant branch of admission are given via the link below:
Click here to check the test paper applicable to the different branches for admission.
AP PGECET 2020 Application Form Correction
The candidates can make corrections in the application form of AP PGECET as and when the application form correction window opens. The correction in the application form is divided into 2 categories, which are follows:
Category 1: These are the correction that the candidates cannot do on their own. But they can submit a written request for the same via email with valid supporting documents to email@example.com. The students must provide in the email the Payment ID, Qualifying Exam HT Number (Diploma/Degree), Mobile Number, Date of Birth and SSC HT Number.
The fields in the category include the following:
Category 2: These are the changes that can be made by the candidates on their own as soon as the application form correction window opens. The fields that the candidates can correct on their own are:
- Qualifying exam
- Qualifying Exam – year of appearing / passing
- The medium of instructions in qualifying exam
- Place of 10+2 study
- Mother’s name
- Birth state and district
- Community / reservation category
- Special reservation category
- Aadhaar card details and EWS details
- Mobile number / email id
- Address for correspondance
- 10+2 / degree hall ticket number and year of passing
- SSC hall ticket number
- Study details
- Annual income
- non-minority / minority
- Local area status
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for AP PGECET 2020 is mentioned below.
- Mode of Exam: The exam is conducted in the online mode
- Language: The question paper will be in English language
- Total number of questions: There are 120 questions in total
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions are asked in the exam
- Negative marking: 01 marks for the correct answers. No negative marking for wrong answers
AP PGECTE 2020 Syllabus
Following is the syllabus provided for different subjects under AP PGECET 2020.
|Bio Technology||Click Here|
|Chemical Engineering||Click Here|
|Civil Engineering||Click Here|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||Click Here|
|Electrical Engineering||Click Here|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Click Here|
|Food Technology||Click Here|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Infromatics||Click Here|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Click Here|
|Mechanical Engineering||Click Here|
|Nano Technology||Click Here|
AP PGECET 2020 Preparation Tips
Check some of the preparation tips given below for AP PGECET 2020.
- Start with analyzing the syllabus for AP PGECET 2020. Stick to the syllabus provided. Study all the topics and start working on the topics you might find difficult to prepare for.
- Start preparing early. Don’t waste your time in thinking. Check out the syllabus and start noting down the topics. Make a Schedule and start preparing accordingly.
- Solve previous year Question Papers and Practise Mock Test. Candidates are advised to practise the mock tests placed on the website and familiarize with the mode of attempting the online test.
- Study and prepare from the best books and resources available. Make sure the resources are trustworthy and have the concepts clearly stated in them.
- As the Exam is of Post-graduation level. Candidates can start preparing with brushing up their concepts studied at UG level.
AP PGECET 2020 Important Books
Check the books listed below for the preparation of AP PGECET 2020.
|Important Books||Available at|
|PGECET – Mechanical Engineering (Common for AP & TS) In|
Topic-Wise Format 2017 Edition
|GATE and PGECET for Computer Science |
and Information Technology
|PGECET for Computer Science &|
Information Technology (AP & TS)
|KARNATAKA ME/M.TECH PGCET COMPUTER SCIENCE||Buy here|
AP PGECET 2020 Test Centres
AP PGECET 2020 Counselling
Candidates who qualify AP PGECET 2020 are added in the rank list and then called for the round of Counselling. While filling up the seats in colleges, first preference will be given to candidates qualified in GATE / GPAT in the relevant test paper based on their test scores and the remaining seats with the candidates qualified in AP PGECET 2020 as per their merit ranks. Candidates need to download their Rank Cards and take a print out of the same to appear in the round of Counselling.
AP PGECET 2020 Seat Reservation
Candidates can check seat reservation for AP PGECET 2020 given below.
AP PGECET 2020 New Exam Date
About Andhra University (AU)
Andhra University on behalf of APSCHE conducts AP Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test. It is a public university established in the year 1926. It offers almost 300 courses in different disciplines like Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Law, Pharmacy etc. The university was ranked 801-1000 in the world by Times Higher Education World University Rankings in the year 2018 and 251-200 in Asia. It follows the motto, “May the Divine light illuminate our studies”.
Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in
For more details on AP PGECET 2020, candidates can refer download the following documents:
AP PGECET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can apply for AP PGECET 2020 at sche.ap.gov.in/PGECET.
Ans : AP PGECET 2020 is a computer-based test.
Ans : There are multiple-choice questions in the test.
Ans : The candidates who have completed their Bachelor's / Master's degree with minimum marks can apply for AP PGECET 2020.
Ans : No, there is no negative marking in AP PGECET 2020 in case of wrong answers.
Ans : The candidates need to get 30 out of 120.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.