Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 – Ashoka University invites applications from eligible candidates for Post graduate Programme admission. Candidates who are interested in taking admission in M.A in Economics and YIF for the academic year 2020-2021 have to fill the Application form. Candidates can check all the details related to Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 like Application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure etc are given on this page.
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020
Admission to PG programme will done for two courses M.A in Economics and YIF admissions. Admissions to the M.A in Economics programme, which starts in August 2020, will be based on an entrance examination that will be held in the month of May, 2020 in multiple centres around the country. Application process for YIF admission will be available at official website. Details about Selection process for both the programmes are given below.
Schedule for the Ashoka University YIF Admissions 2020 is given below.
The YIF admissions process is split into three rounds. Each round accepts applications within a specified time-frame and selects Fellows from the pool of applications in that round. Please note that a candidate can apply only once in the admissions cycle and only in one round. In case of missing the deadline for any particular round, a candidate can finish their application in any of the following rounds.
Selection Process – Round 1
|Applications open||20 Aug 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||17 Nov 2019|
|Interviews||15 Sept 2019 – 24 Jan 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||01 to 05 Feb 2020|
Selection Process – Round 2
|Applications open||18 Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||02 Feb 2020|
|Interviews||01 Dec 2019 – 05 April 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||10 to 15 April 2020|
Selection Process – Round 3
|Applications open||03 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||31 March 2020|
|Interviews||15 March to 31 May 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||05 to 10 June 2020|
|Offers to waitlisted candidates||15 to 25 June 2020|
Schedule for the Ashoka University M.A in Economics Admission 2020 is given below
|Online Application starts from||To be announced|
|Last date for submitting applications||To be announced|
|Entrance Examination||May 2020|
Interested candidates who want to take admission in Ashoka university Post graduate Programme have to fill an Application Form and submit as per the schedule. Candidates are advised to ensure that they satisfy eligibility criteria prescribed for the programmes of their interest. Incomplete form in any respect will be rejected.
- YIF Admissions –(Link will be available here..!!)
- M.A in Economics Admission – (Link will be available here..!!)
M.A in Economics
- Candidate must hold a undergraduate degree from any recognized Institution at the time of admissions.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the YIF are:
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline
- Maximum of 28 years of age on 31st May, 2020
- Decent academic record and extra-curricular engagement
- Decent written and verbal communication skills
M.A in Economics
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written examination.
Applicants are required to submit a detailed application dossier. The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- Application Assessment: All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the programme. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extra-curricular activities. Their interests and concerns along with their thoughts and motivation for a meaningful life as expressed in their essays are also considered.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests. The duration of the interview is usually around 20 minutes. This is an elimination round meaning if selected in this round they move on to the Personal Interview.
- Comprehension Test and Personal Interview: On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai or Bangalore. International candidates have the option to interview on Skype.
The final selection will be based on the cumulative score of all the 3 stages.
M.A in Economics
The Fee Structure of the MA in Economics programme starting in August 2019 has the following components:
|Component||Amount (INR) per Annum|
|Residence Cost (Opt-In)||1,55,000|
- Ashoka University provides Residence and Meal facilities on Campus, on an optional basis
- If you opt for Meals, a Refundable Meal Cost Security Deposit of INR 25,000 is charged at the time of payment of Semester 1 fee. Meals will be charged on the basis of consumption by the student
One time Payments
- The Refundable Security Deposit of INR 20,000 at the time of the offer of admissions. The security deposit will be refunded at the time of graduation from Ashoka University or at the time of withdrawal of admission from the programme
- The Meal Cost Security Deposit will be refunded at the time of graduation from Ashoka University or at the time of withdrawal of admission from the programme
The grants awarded to Young India Fellows are in the form of Merit Scholarships & need-based Financial Aid. The Merit Scholarship is a fixed amount given to all Young India Fellows, whereas need-based financial aid is the additional financial support provided, based solely on the financial standing of the family.
Our endeavour is to provide the necessary financial support which can help you bridge the gap between the cost of the programme and your ability to pay.
Ashoka University’s generous Financial Aid policy has helped support 71% of our Young India Fellows who have received some form of financial grants.
Of these students, 51% have received partial tuition waivers while 49% have received full aid.
Fee Structure for YIF Class of 2019-20
*Meals on actuals/Refundable deposits
Financial Aid Categories for YIF Class of 2019-20
|Merit Scholarship/Financial Aid||Amount Waived (INR)|
|Merit Scholarship on Tuition||50,000|
|25% Waiver on Tuition||1,78,750|
|50% Waiver on Tuition||3,57,500|
|75% Waiver on Tuition||5,36,250|
|100% Waiver on Tuition||
|Exceptional Aid on Tuition & Hostel||9,00,000|
For Official website – ashoka.edu.in
Insofar, Only YIF admission details has announced yet. Official details for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 has not been announced. Rest of details on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Ashoka University releases Ashoka University UG Admission 2020 information brochure, details will be updated here.