Ashoka University PG Admission 2018 – Ashoka University invites applications from eligible candidates for Post graduate Programme admission. Candidates who are interested in taking admission in M.A in Economics and YIF for the academic year 2018-2019 have to fill the Application form. Candidates can check all the details related to Ashoka University PG Admission 2018 like Application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure etc are given on this page.
Ashoka University PG Admission 2018
Admission to PG programme will done for two courses M.A in Economics and YIF admissions. Admissions to the M.A in Economics programme, which starts in August 2018, will be based on an entrance examination that will be held on Sunday, May 6, 2018 in multiple centres around the country. Application process for YIF admission has already been started from 25 Aug 2017. Details about Selection process for both the programmes are given below.
Schedule for the Ashoka University M.A in Economics Admission 2018 is given below
|Online Application starts from||01 Dec 2017|
|Last date for submitting applications||31 Mar 2018|
|Entrance Examination||06 May 2018|
Schedule for the Ashoka University YIF Admissions 2018 is given below.
YIF has a rolling admission process and is split into two rounds. Each round accepts applications within a specified time-frame and selects Fellows from the pool of applications in that round. Please refer to the calendar below for important timelines for the two rounds.
|Event||Round – I||Round – 2|
|Applications open||25th Aug 2017||18th Dec, 2017|
|Last date to submit applications||17th Dec 2017||4th Mar, 2018|
|Telephonic interviews||16th Oct 2017 to 31st Jan 2018||1st Feb 2018 to 15th May 2018|
|In-person interviews||11th Dec 2017 to 15th Mar 2018||16th Mar 2018 to 10th Jun 2018|
|Final offers to selected candidates||1st Feb 2018 to 25th Mar 2018||26th Mar 2018 to 15th Jun 2018|
|Final offers to wait-listed candidates||16th Jun 2018 to 25th Jun 2018||16th Jun 2018 to 25th Jun 2018|
Interested candidates who want to take admission in Ashoka university Post graduate Programme have to fill an Application Form and submit as per the schedule. Candidates are advised to ensure that they satisfy eligibility criteria prescribed for the programmes of their interest. Incomplete form in any respect will be rejected.
- YIF Admissions – Apply online
- M.A in Economics Admission – (Link will be available here..!!)
M.A in Economics
- Candidate must hold a undergraduate degree from any recognized Institution at the time of admissions.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the YIF are:
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline
- Maximum of 28 years of age on 31st May, 2018
- Decent academic record and extra-curricular engagement
- Decent written and verbal communication skills
M.A in Economics
Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written examination to be held on 06 May 2018.
Applicants are required to submit a detailed application dossier. The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- Application Assessment: All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the programme. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extra-curricular activities. Their interests and concerns along with their thoughts and motivation for a meaningful life as expressed in their essays are also considered.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests. The duration of the interview is usually around 20 minutes. This is an elimination round meaning if selected in this round they move on to the Personal Interview.
- Comprehension Test and Personal Interview: On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai or Bangalore. International candidates have the option to interview on Skype.
The final selection will be based on the cumulative score of all the 3 stages.
M.A in Economics
Annual fees has three components: tuition, hostel and meal charges. For the academic year of 2017-2018, the annual tuition fees is INR 3.9 Lakh. For the same academic year, the hostel charges are INR 1.4 Lakh and mean plan is of INR 0.6 Lakh. The hostel and meal plan are optional, students may choose to not avail these provisions. Please read details of these components are given below :
- The hostel fees are based on an average stay- a duration of nine months a year. Special permissions must be sought if a student seeks to stay on campus during vacations
- The hostel fees component includes:
- Utilities: Water and electricity (100% backup and air conditioning) plus laundry facilities
- Services such as books, printing, stationery, etc. will be charged on actuals
- The annual fees will be subject to revision in consonance with inflation. In the last three years, our fees have gone up by 8% annually. However, this percentage is not fixed and is subject to change.
Note : The above figures for tuition fees, hostel and meal charges are only relevant for the academic year 2017-2018. The annual fees are subject to change.
Young India Fellowship believes that talented and bright students may belong to any social or economic strata. To make it possible for all deserving applicants to avail this opportunity, Young India Fellowship offers ‘need-based’ scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops
- Boarding and lodging
- Cost of reading and case materials, library subscriptions and shared text books
Candidates’ economic backgrounds are thoroughly checked before offering scholarships.
For Official website – Click here