Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 – Ashoka University has released online application form for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 on February 06, 2020. Candidates can fill the MA and YIF application form up to March 31, 2020. AU offers admission to the postgraduate programmes for the academic year 2020 – 21. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, authorities are considering to conduct the test at home. Candidates who have done their graduation can apply for MA programme. Candidates who are interested in taking admission in M.A in Economics and YIF for the academic year 2020-2021 have to fill the Application form. Candidates can check all the details related to Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 like Application process, eligibility criteria, fee structure etc are given on this page.
Latest: Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Application Form has been released. Scroll down to apply.
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020
Admission to PG programme will done for two courses M.A in Economics and YIF admissions. Details about Selection process for both the programmes are given below. Candidates can check the dates for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 as given below:
Schedule for the Ashoka University YIF Admissions 2020 is given below.
The YIF admissions process is split into three rounds. Each round accepts applications within a specified time-frame and selects Fellows from the pool of applications in that round. Please note that a candidate can apply only once in the admissions cycle and only in one round. In case of missing the deadline for any particular round, a candidate can finish their application in any of the following rounds.
Selection Process – Round 1
|Applications open||20 Aug 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||17 Nov 2019|
|Interviews||15 Sept 2019 – 24 Jan 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||01 to 05 Feb 2020|
Selection Process – Round 2
|Applications open||18 Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||02 Feb 2020|
|Interviews||01 Dec 2019 – 05 April 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||10 to 15 April 2020|
Selection Process – Round 3
|Applications open||03 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||31 March 2020|
|Interviews||15 March to 31 May 2020|
|Final offers to selected candidates||05 to 10 June 2020|
|Offers to waitlisted candidates||15 to 25 June 2020|
Schedule for the Ashoka University M.A in Economics Admission 2020 is given below
|Online Application starts from||06 Feb 2020|
|Last date for submitting applications||31 Mar 2020|
|Entrance Examination||03 May 2020|
|Result declaration||12 Jun 2020|
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Important Information
In the current situation of COVID-19, Ashoka University are considering to conduct the entrance tests at home because it may not be possible to conduct the test at physical location. Authorities are taking this decision for the safety of candidates. The test is going to be conducted as per schedule. Candidate must have good internet connectivity at their homes along with the microphone and webcam. The syllabus and exam pattern remains the same.
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates who want to take admission in Ashoka university Post graduate Programme have to fill an Application Form and submit as per the schedule. Candidates are advised to ensure that they satisfy eligibility criteria prescribed for the programmes of their interest. Incomplete form in any respect will be rejected.
Application fee: Rs. 1000/-
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 as given below:
M.A in Economics
- Candidate must hold an undergraduate degree from any recognized Institution at the time of admissions.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the YIF are:
- A recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline
- Maximum of 28 years of age on 15 Jul 2020
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can check the syllabus for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 for MA in Economics is as given below:
|Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion||Elementary Probability Theory|
|Hypergeometric and Negative Binomial||Special Continuous Distributions like|
Uniform and Normal
|Joint Discrete Distributions||Sampling Distributions|
|Point Estimation and Hypothesis Testing for Population Means||Proportions and Variances|
|Choice, Preferences and Utility||Consumer Theory|
|Producer Theory||Perfect Competition|
|Monopoly and Price Discrimination||Edgeworth Exchange Economies|
|National income accounting||Keynesian Model of income determination and the multiplier|
|IS-LM Model||Models of aggregate demand and aggregate supply|
|Rational expectations||Solow model of growth|
|Money, banking and inflation|
|Elementary Set Theory and Logic||Functions|
|Single and Multi-variable Calculus||Linear Algebra|
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Selection Process
Check the selection process for Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 from below:
M.A in Economics: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of candidate’s performance in the written examination.
Applicants are required to submit a detailed application dossier. The selection process will be carried out in 3 stages, each one being an elimination stage.
- Application Assessment: All applications are reviewed by the selection committee consisting of faculty and executive members of the programme. Candidates are evaluated on the basis of their academic performance through school and college and their involvement in extra-curricular activities. Their interests and concerns along with their thoughts and motivation for a meaningful life as expressed in their essays are also considered.
- Telephonic Interview: Short-listed candidates are interviewed on the telephone. Candidates will be notified in advance about when the telephonic interview will take place. It is typically a conversation regarding the information that the candidate has mentioned on their application and may include a discussion about their areas of interests. The duration of the interview is usually around 20 minutes. This is an elimination round meaning if selected in this round they move on to the Personal Interview.
- Comprehension Test and Personal Interview: On the day of the Personal Interview, candidates will be required to take a comprehension test just before the interview. They will be tested on their reading, understanding, articulation skills and critical thinking ability, not on their knowledge of subject matter. Candidates are interviewed in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai or Bangalore. International candidates have the option to interview on Skype.
The final selection will be based on the cumulative score of all the 3 stages.
Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 Fee structure
Fee structure for MA and YIF admission is as given below:
M.A in Economics
|Component||Amount (INR) per Annum|
|Residence Cost (Opt-In)||1,55,000|
- Ashoka University provides Residence and Meal facilities on Campus, on an optional basis
- If you opt for Meals, a Refundable Meal Cost Security Deposit of INR 25,000 is charged at the time of payment of Semester 1 fee. Meals will be charged on the basis of consumption by the student
One time Payments
- The Refundable Security Deposit of INR 20,000 at the time of the offer of admissions. The security deposit will be refunded at the time of graduation from Ashoka University or at the time of withdrawal of admission from the programme
Official website – ashoka.edu.in
For more information about Ashoka University PG Admission 2020 – Download YIF Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.