Asutosh College is affiliated under the University of Calcutta. The college has a rich heritage that contributes to its own culture. It was built up in the year 1916 under the leadership of Sir Asutosh Mukherjee, the famous mathematician, educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calcutta. The online application forms for Asutosh College Admission 2019 for various UG Courses has been released. The detailed information regarding Asutosh College Admission 2019 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
Asutosh College Admission 2019
Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before applying for the Asutosh College Admission 2019. The application form for admission to the 1st year of B.A./B.Sc. (Hons./ General/ Major), B.B.A.(Hons.) and B.Voc. Courses has been released. The important dates regarding Asutosh College Admission 2019 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Commencement of online Application||27 May 2019|
|Closure of website for submission of Online Application form||06 Jun 2019|
|Publication of Full Merit List & 1st Merit List||10 Jun 2019|
|Admission based on 1st Merit List||12 Jun 2019 & upto 04:00 PM of 13 Jun 2019|
|Publication of 2nd Merit List||To be announced!|
|Admission based on 2nd Merit List.||To be announced!|
|Publication of 3rd Merit List||To be announced!|
|Admission based on 3rd Merit List||To be announced!|
|Publication of 4th Merit List||To be announced!|
|Admission based on 4th Merit List||To be announced!|
|Publication of 5th Merit List||To be announced!|
|Admission based on 5th Merit List||To be announced!|
|Publication of 6th Merit List||To be announced!|
|Admission based on 6th Merit List||To be announced!|
Asutosh College has officially announced the application forms for the various UG courses on their official website. Students seeking admission are required to fill the application form online. Read the information about the courses, subjects, eligibility criteria, etc prior online application. Students are suggested to fill all the details carefully.
- Click Here to apply online for Asutosh College Admission 2019 for UG Courses.
- Click Here to pay Application Fee online/Check Status of online payment.
- Click Here to Print Application Form / Bank Challan.
How to apply
Read the following instructions carefully before submitting the Application:
- Step-1: Fill all Fields sequentially.
- Step-2: Use separate Online Application Form for each course applied for.
- Step-3: Record unique Application ID No (10 digits) generated automatically after submission of the Online Application Form, for future reference.
- Step-4: Pay Application fees online (through Debit Card, Credit Card & Net Banking) OR Print Bank Challan for offline payment of application fee (after submission of Online Application).
- Step-5: You can pay the Application fee (Rs. 200.00) online (through Debit Card, Credit Card & Net Banking) or Deposit Cash amount of Rs. 200.00 for each Online Application using Only this Printed Bank Challan at any branch of Bank Of Baroda (BOB).
The detailed eligibility criteria for Asutosh College Admission 2019 is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- Candidates passing H.S. or equivalent examination in 2014 or afterward are eligible for admission to the 1st year of the 3-year B.A./B.Sc. (Honours/General/Major), B.B.A. Honours, UGC- approved B.Voc courses and UGC -approved Diploma courses under Community College scheme, provided the candidate has secured Pass Marks in the English paper (of 100 marks).
- For determining eligibility for admission to the Honours/General/Major/B.Voc. and Diploma courses, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top four subjects obtained in H.S. or equivalent examination excluding marks in Compulsory Environmental Education/ Studies.
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.A./ B.Sc. Honors course need to have obtained in the previous qualifying examination (HS or equivalent)
50% in aggregate and 45% in the subject applied for or related subjects OR
55% in the subject applied for or related subjects OR
50% in aggregate (if the candidate has not studied the subject)
- A candidate securing 45% marks in H.S. or its equivalent examination shall be eligible for admission to the BA / B.Sc Major Course of studies. Candidates of Reserved Category are eligible for admission to the above- mentioned courses provided they have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or, 40% marks in the subject or related subjects.
- A candidate securing at least 60% in Aggregate in H.S. or equivalent examination in any stream and having passed in English and Mathematics or Business Mathematics or, Statistics of 100 marks is eligible for admission to BBA (Honors).
- A candidate is eligible for admission to the UGC sponsored B.Voc Course of Software Development if H.S. or equivalent examination in General or Vocational stream has been cleared with an aggregate of at least 45% marks with Physics/Computer Sc./Computer Application/Statistics and pass marks obtained in English and Mathematics examinations of 100 marks each.
For Industrial Aquaculture and Fisheries under B.Voc. Programme, the candidate must secure at least 45% marks in aggregate and should have passed in Chemistry, English, and Biology/Biological Science/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Agriculture/ Pisciculture/ Horticulture Science examinations of 100 marks each.
- A candidate is eligible for admission to the UGC- sponsored Diploma course of Software Development under Community College scheme provided the candidate has passed H.S. or equivalent examination with at least 40% marks in aggregate and has passed in English, Mathematics, and Physics/ Computer Science./ Computer Application/ Statistics examinations of 100 marks each.
- For General courses in B.A./B.Sc. a minimum of 40% marks is required in aggregate.
- A candidate failing in any subject in the H.S. or equivalent examination shall not be allowed to take that subject (at any level).
Documents Required at the Time of Admission
The candidates who will have to report at the college for the admission process with the following documents:
- Online Admission Form
- Fees payment challan or voucher (original)
- Marksheet of H.S. or equivalent examination
- Proof of Date of Birth (Secondary Examination Admit Card or Birth Registration Certificate, Aadhar Card)
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe or Disability Certificate from the competent authority
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable
- Address proof as given in application form (Voter Card/Aadhar Card/Ration Card/Passport/ Savings Bank Account Passbook)
- 4 copies of recent passport size photographs
- Registration Certificate of the previous year, if any
- BPL Card if applicable
After the release of the Ashutosh College Merit List 2019, candidates will be called for the admission process. Taking admission against any Merit List within dates notified in the website is mandatory by the candidates. A candidate who has already appeared in the Part-I Examination of (1+1+1) system of Calcutta University is not eligible for admission to any of the courses in semesterized CBCS for the session 2019-2020. Admission of a candidate is provisional. If at any stage of verification of the documents submitted, his/ her any discrepancy or suppression of fact is detected, the candidature will summarily be rejected.
- Taking admission against any Merit List within dates notified in the website is mandatory and no claim after the due date of admission for that particular list will be entertained.
- Admission in any other college is to be canceled before submitting admission forms to the college office.
- Admission of a candidate is provisional. If at any stage of verification of the documents submitted, his/ her any discrepancy or suppression of fact is detected, the candidature will summarily be rejected.
- If the admission of a candidate is not approved by the University subject to above Notifications the candidate has to withdraw his/ her candidature and fees paid may not be refunded.
Official Website: www.asutoshcollege.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.