Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020: Bharathiar University has issued the application form for admission in B.Ed through the School of Distance Education, approved by the National Council for Teacher Education and Distance Education Bureau (DEB). The candidates can download the application form through the link given on this page and can send the form with the specified documents. After applying, the Entrance Exam (English or Tamil) is held. The candidates can check the detailed information on this page below.
Latest: Application form for Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 is available. Scroll down to register.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020
The Schedule for the Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of Application forms||17 Feb 2020|
|Last date for Submission of Application form||31 Aug 2020|
|Entrance Examination||To Be Announced|
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 Application Form
There are several modes to obtain the application form and apply for admission to B.Ed programme in School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University. Check all the modes below.
The prospectus and application form can be downloaded from the university website. While submitting the filled – in application, a demand draft from any Nationalized Bank/Bank of India Challan for Rs. 500/- towards the cost of application, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore should be enclosed.
Click Here to download the application form for Bharathiar University B.Ed Admission 2020.
- Candidates can obtain application form and prospectus from SDE, Bharathiar University by submitting a request with a Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank for Rs 500 drawn in favour of “The Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore” payable at Coimbatore.
- Application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the B.Ed PCP centres situated within Tamil Nadu by paying and amount of Rs. 500/- in cash.
Prospectus and application form can also be obtained By Post from The Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046 by submitting a request with a Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank, Challan of Bank of India for Rs. 500/- and a self-addressed of Rs. 50/- stamped 35 x 25 size envelope.
Document required along with the Bharathiar University Application form
Duly filled in application with the following enclosures have to be sent to the Director, SDE, Bharathiar University.
- Attested photocopies of the statement of the mark and other relevant certificates pertaining to the qualifying examination passed. (SSLC, HSC, Community, UG marksheet, Degree / Provisional)
- A recent passport size photograph to be affixed to the front page of the application form and also space provided in the hall ticket.
- Self-addressed postcard towards the acknowledgment of receipt of application.
- Equivalent certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities, if the candidate has graduated from a foreign University.
- Service certificate issued by the Principal/ Headmaster/ Headmistress/ Secretary/Correspondent of the school concerned in the prescribed format.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check this for general section to know about qualification required for Bharathiar University B.Ed Admission 2020.
- The Teacher should have passed a 2-year Diploma Teacher Education programme in NCTE recognized Teacher Education institution through face to face mode.
- 2 years full-time teaching experience on the temporary/permanent basis as a primary/ graduate/postgraduate teachers in a primary Secondary/ Matriculation / Higher secondary school recognized by the state/ central government (within Tamil Nadu). Truncated two years of full-time teaching experience in the same or in more than one school with or without break can also be considered.
Minimum marks required in bachelor degree to be eligible
- The teacher should have undergone 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of study and passed the school level examinations conducted by the respective state board or CBSE or any other recognized board of education examination and undergraduate degree examination conducted by NCTE and UGC recognized Universities in any of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School of Education at the Secondary/ Higher Secondary Education level and included as an optional subject in the B.Ed(Distance) programme as detailed below:-
- Teachers who have obtained the postgraduate degree in any of the optional subjects of the B.Ed. programme without an undergraduate degree in the same optional subjects of the B.Ed. Programme are not eligible for admission based on the optional subject of the postgraduate degree. However, they are eligible to apply based on the optional subject of the undergraduate degree.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate/postgraduate degree under Open University system without undergoing 11 years of schooling (SSLC), and one-year pre-University course certificate subsequently or undergoing 12 years schooling and higher Secondary course certificate at the end of 10 and 12 years of study, respectively are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have undergone the regular course of study in a school and obtained Secondary School leaving certificate (SSLC) and subsequently obtained 2 years Bachelor Programme certificate/ 2 years foundation Course Certificate / 2 years Diploma course conducted by the State Government. Recognized Universities and an undergraduate degree certificate after 3 years period of study are eligible for admission
- Teachers who have obtained an undergraduate degree under any scheme with less than three years of study are not eligible.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate degree under Double or Triple major system, are eligible to apply for anyone of the major subjects studied and currently being offered in the B.Ed. programme
- College Teachers are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have opted for Economics and Commerce as optional subjects in the B.Ed Programme should have obtained both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the same subject.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 Entrance Test Pattern
Based on last year!!
The entrance test booklet contains two parts A&B, the total number of questions will be 100 each having one mark. The candidate has to answer all questions under part A and 30 questions under part B pertaining to the optional subject 1 (major).
Questions which are to be answered in an OMR sheet as per the instructions are given:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section I||Part A|
General English Comprehension
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Education & General Awareness||20||20|
|Section IV||Teaching – Learning Practice in Schools||20||20|
|Section V||Part B – Optional (Major) Subject I|
i. Tamil Education
ii. English Education
iii. Mathematics Education
iv. Science Education
v. Social Science Education
vi. Computer Science Education
vii. Economics Education
viii. Commerce Education
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education 2020 Admission Process
Admissions are based on the basic subjects of the degree and the Communal Reservation norms of the Tamil Nadu Government. Communal reservation norms of the Tamil Nadu Government are as detailed below:
- Open Competition (OC): 31% which includes 1%for the wards of Ex-serviceman of Tamil Nadu origin and 3% for Physically and visually challenged.
- Backward Class (BC) : 30% which includes 3.5% for Muslims.
- Most Backward Classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC): 20%
- Scheduled Castes (SC): 18% Which includes 3% for Arunthathiar
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 1%
If the adequate number of candidates are not available in any of the categories of reservation, candidates of other categories as per reservation norms are considered for admission. Selection of candidates is made using
- The marks secured in the entrance examination.
- The date of birth will be considered if more than one candidate secures the same marks.
The List of Provisionally selected candidates is hosted on the University website and the candidates are also informed individually.
On receipt of the communication informing provisional admission, the candidate shall submit in person the required certificates in original on the stipulated date and the candidate shall pay the course fee if either admission is confirmed after certificate verification.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The Fee Structure for the course of B.Ed with distance education is given below.
|Type of Fee||1st Year||2nd Year|
|Tuition Fee||Rs 10,000||Rs 10,000s|
|Study Materials||Rs 7,500||Rs 7,500|
|Other fee||Rs 3,500||Rs 3,500|
|Total||Rs 21,000||Rs 21,000|
Official Website: b-u.ac.in
To know more about Bharathiar University B.Ed Admission 2020, Download Prospectus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.