Bharathiar University Admission 2017 (Distance Education) – Bharathiar University had issued the notification for the eligible candidates to admission in B.Ed Admission through the School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) (FSRO / NCTE / B.Ed.(DE) / 2008 / 8075) and Distance Education Bureau (DEB) for the academic year 2017-19. Candidates can check the complete details of application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other information on this page below.
Total Intake – 500 candidates
Schedule for the Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2017 is given below.
|Application forms available for submission from||11 Jan 2017|
|Last date for receipt of filled in Application form||30 Apr 2017|
|Entrance Examination||28 May 2017|
Download online Application
The application form can be downloaded from the University website: www.b-u.ac.in. While submitting the filled-in application, a Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank / Bank of India Challan for Rs. 500/- towards the cost of the application, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore should be enclosed.
The application from and Prospectus can be obtained from the B.Ed. PCP centres as mentioned above by the School of distance Education Bharathiar University situated within Tamil Nadu by paying Rs. 500/- in cash.
|Coimbatore||Maruthamalai Subramania Swamy Devasthana Hr.Sec. School. Vadavalli, Coimbatore – 641041 Ph 0422-2427742, 2428216|
|Chennai||Meston College of Education, No. 10/33, West Cott road (opp to woodlands theater) Royapettah, Chennai 600 014. Ph: 044-28419284, 9489350841,9524036166|
|Madurai||EMG Yadava College for Women, EMG Campus, Thiruppalai, New Natham Main Road, Madurai – 625014. Ph – 0452-26821247, 9443188869|
|Salem||Vysya College of Education, Ramakrishnapuram, Masinaickanpatty, Ayodhiyapattinam (PO), Salem – 636 103. Ph-0427-2240107, 2241428,9488315599|
|Triuchirapalli||Jamal Mohamed College of Teacher Education, No 7 Race course road, Khaja Nagar, Trichy – 620020. Ph: 0431-2333135,9442275642|
TThe Prospectus and application form can also be obtained BY POST from THE DIRECTOR, SCHOOL OF DISTANCE EDUCATION, COIMBATORE – 641 046 by submitting a request with a Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank, Challan of Bank of India for Rs.500/- and a self addressed of Rs.50/- stamped 35 x 25 size envelope
Document required alongwith Application form
Dully filled in application with the following enclosures have to be sent to the Diretor, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046 superscribed as “Application for B.Ed. Programme.” on or before 30.04.2017.
- Attested photo copies of the statement of mark and other relevant certificates pertaining to the qualifying examination passed. (SSLC, HSC, Community, UG marksheet, Degree / Provisional)
- A recent passport size photograph (4.5×3.5cm) to be affixed on the front page of the application form and also space provided in the hall ticket.
- Self addressed post card towards acknowledgement of receipt of application.
- Equivalent certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities, if the candidate has graduated from a foreign University
- Service certificate issued by the Principal/ Head master/ Headmistress/ Secretary/Correspondent of the school concerned in the prescribed format.
- The Teacher should have passed two year Diploma Teacher Education programme in NCTE recognized Teacher Education institution through face to face mode.
- Two years full time teaching experience on temporary/ permanent basis as primary/ graduate / post graduate teachers in a primary Secondary/ Matriculation / Higher secondary school recognized by the state/ central government (within TamilNadu state). Truncated two years full time teaching experience in the same or in the more than one school with or without break can also be considered.
- The teacher should have secured a minimum eligible marks in the bachelor‟s degree as given below.
- OC :50%Marks
- BC/BCM :45% Marks
- MBC-DNC :43% Marks
- SC/ST/SCA :40% Marks
- The teacher should have undergone 10+2+3(15) or 11+1+3(15) pattern of study and passed the school level examinations conducted by the respective state board or CBSE or any other recognized board of education examination and undergraduate degree examination conducted by NCTE and UGC recognized Universities in any of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School of Education at the Secondary/ Higher Secondary Education level and included as on optional subject in the B.Ed.(Distance) Programme as detailed below:-
- Teachers who have obtained post graduate degree in any of the optional subjects of the B.Ed. programme without an under graduate degree in the same optional subjects of the B.Ed. Programme are not eligible for admission based on the optional subject of the post graduate degree. However, they are eligible to apply based on the optional subject of the under graduate degree.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate / post graduate degree under Open University system without undergoing 11 years of schooling (SSLC), and one year pre-University course certificate subsequently or undergoing 12years schooling and higher Secondary course certificate at the end of 10 and 12 years of study, respectively are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have undergone regular course of study in a school and obtained Secondary School leaving certificate (SSLC) and subsequently obtained Two years Bachelor Programme certificate/ Two years foundation Course Certificate / Two years Diploma course conducted by the State Government. Recognized Universities and an undergraduate degree certificate after three years period of study are eligible for admission
- Teachers who have obtained an undergraduate degree under any scheme of with less than three years of study are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate degree under Double or Triple major system, are eligible to apply for any one of the major subjects studied and currently being offered in the B.Ed. programme
- College Teachers are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have opted for Economics and Commerce as optional subjects in the B.Ed Programme should have obtained both undergraduate and post graduate degrees in the same subject.
The Entrance Examination will be conducted during May and the exact date will be informed latter. Hall tickets will be issued ten days prior to the date of Entrance Examination. Only those candidates who have satisfied the eligibility condition will be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination. Entrance Examination can be written in English or Tamil. However, appearing for the Entrance Examination will not guarantee admission to the B.Ed. programme.
The entrance test booklet contains two parts A&B, the total number of questions will be 100 each having one mark.
The candidate has to answer all questions under part A and 30questions under part B pertaining to the optional subject 1 (major).
The questions are to be answered in an OMR sheet as per the instructions given:-
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section I||Part A
General English Comprehension
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Education & General Awareness||20||20|
|Section IV||Teaching – Learning Practice in Schools||20||20|
|Section V||Part B – Optional (Major) Subject I
ii. English Education
iii. Mathematics Education
iv. Science Education
v. Social Science Education
vi. Computer Science Education
vii. Economics Education
viii. Commerce Education
Entrance Examination will be conducted by the university at the following centres.
The university reserves the right to exclude or include the examination centres.
Admission will be based on the basic subjects of the degree and the Communal Reservation norms of Tamil Nadu Government.
Communal reservation norms of the Tamil Nadu Government as detailed below:
- Open Competition (OC) : 31% which includes 1%for the wards of Ex-serviceman of Tamil Nadu origin and 3% for Physically and visually challenged.
- Backward Class (BC) : 30% which includes 3.5% for Muslims.
- Most Backward classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC) : 20%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 18% Which includes 3% for Arunthathiar
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 1%
If adequate number of candidates are not available in any of the categories of reservation, candidates of other categories as per reservation norms will be considered for admission.
- The marks secured in the entrance examination.
- The date of birth will be considered, if more than one candidate secure the same marks.
The List of Provisionally selected candidates will be hosted in the University website and will also be informed individually.
On receipt of the communication informing provisional admission, the candidate shall submit in person the required certificates in original on the stipulated date and the candidate shall pay the course fee, if either admission is confirmed after certificate verification.
The selected candidate will be allotted to the study centres to the extend possible based on (a) their preference and (b) proximity of their work place and /or residence, However, the decision of the University in this regard will be final.
The provisionally selected candidates should pay the following fee
|Particular||I Year||II Year|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 9000||Rs. 9000|
|Study materilas||Rs. 6000||Rs. 6000|
|Other fee||Rs. 3000||Rs. 3000|
|Total||Rs. 18000||Rs. 18000|
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
For complete details of Bharathiar University B.Ed Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.