Bharathiar University Admission 2020 (Distance Education): Bharathiar University issues the application form for the candidates for admission in B.Ed through the School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, approved by the National Council for Teacher Education and Distance Education Bureau (DEB) for the academic year 2020-21. The candidates can download the application form through the link given below and can send the form with the specified documents. After applying, the Entrance Exam (English or Tamil) will be held. The Candidates can check the detailed information on this page below.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020
The interested candidates can check can apply for it. The Schedule for the Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 is given below.
|Availability of Application forms||Feb 2020|
|Last date for Submission of Application form||Jul 2020|
|Entrance Examination||To Be Announced|
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form can be downloaded from the University website as well as from the link given below. While submitting the filled-in application, a Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank / Bank of India Challan for specified amount towards the cost of the application, Bharathiar University payable in favor of The Director, School of Distance Education at Coimbatore should be enclosed.
As per last year information, the application form and Prospectus can be obtained from the B.Ed. PCP centers as mentioned above by the School of Distance Education Bharathiar University situated within Tamil Nadu by paying specified amount in cash.
|Coimbatore||The School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University Coimbatore. Ph 0422-2427742|
|Chennai||Meston College of Education, Royapettah. Ph: 044-28419284, 9524036166|
|Madurai||EMG Yadava College for Women, EMG Campus, Thiruppalai. Ph – 0452-26821247, 9443188869|
|Salem||Vysya College of Education, Ayodhiyapattinam. Ph-0427-2240107|
|Trichy||Jamal Mohamed College of Teacher Education, Khaja Nagar. Ph: 0431-2333135|
According to previous year information, the Prospectus and application form can also be obtained By Post from THE DIRECTOR, SCHOOL OF DISTANCE EDUCATION, COIMBATORE – 641 046 by submitting a request with a Demand Draft from any nationalized Bank, Challan of Bank of India and a self-addressed stamped 35 x 25 size envelope
Document required along with the Application form
Duly filled in application with the following enclosures have to be sent to the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641046 superscribed as “Application for B.Ed. Programme.” on or before 31 Jul 2020.
- Attested photocopies of the statement of the mark and other relevant certificates pertaining to the qualifying examination passed. (SSLC, HSC, Community, UG marksheet, Degree / Provisional)
- A recent passport size photograph to be affixed to the front page of the application form and also space provided in the hall ticket.
- Self-addressed postcard towards the acknowledgment of receipt of application.
- Equivalent certificate obtained from the Association of Indian Universities, if the candidate has graduated from a foreign University
- Service certificate issued by the Principal/ Headmaster/ Headmistress/ Secretary/Correspondent of the school concerned in the prescribed format.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria stated below is as per the last year information. Candidates can refer this for general information regarding B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020.
- The Teacher should have passed a two-year Diploma Teacher Education programme in NCTE recognized Teacher Education institution through face to face mode.
- Two years full-time teaching experience on the temporary/ permanent basis as a primary/ graduate/postgraduate teachers in a primary Secondary/ Matriculation / Higher secondary school recognized by the state/ central government (within TamilNadu state). Truncated two years of full-time teaching experience in the same or in the more than one school with or without break can also be considered.
- The teacher should have undergone 10+2+3(15) or 11+1+3(15) pattern of study and passed the school level examinations conducted by the respective state board or CBSE or any other recognized board of education examination and undergraduate degree examination conducted by NCTE and UGC recognized Universities in any of the school subjects offered by the Directorate of School of Education at the Secondary/ Higher Secondary Education level and included as an optional subject in the B.Ed.(Distance) programme as detailed below:-
- Teachers who have obtained the postgraduate degree in any of the optional subjects of the B.Ed. programme without an undergraduate degree in the same optional subjects of the B.Ed. Programme are not eligible for admission based on the optional subject of the postgraduate degree. However, they are eligible to apply based on the optional subject of the undergraduate degree.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate/postgraduate degree under Open University system without undergoing 11 years of schooling (SSLC), and one-year pre-University course certificate subsequently or undergoing 12years schooling and higher Secondary course certificate at the end of 10 and 12 years of study, respectively are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have undergone the regular course of study in a school and obtained Secondary School leaving certificate (SSLC) and subsequently obtained Two years Bachelor Programme certificate/ Two years foundation Course Certificate / Two years Diploma course conducted by the State Government. Recognized Universities and an undergraduate degree certificate after three years period of study are eligible for admission
- Teachers who have obtained an undergraduate degree under any scheme of with less than three years of study are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have obtained undergraduate degree under Double or Triple major system, are eligible to apply for any one of the major subjects studied and currently being offered in the B.Ed. programme
- College Teachers are not eligible for admission.
- Teachers who have opted for Economics and Commerce as optional subjects in the B.Ed Programme should have obtained both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the same subject.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 Enteamce Test Pattern
The entrance test booklet contains two parts A&B, the total number of questions will be 100 each having one mark. The candidate has to answer all questions under part A and 30questions under part B pertaining to the optional subject 1 (major).
According to last year information, the questions which are to be answered in an OMR sheet as per the instructions are given:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section I||Part A
General English Comprehension
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Education & General Awareness||20||20|
|Section IV||Teaching – Learning Practice in Schools||20||20|
|Section V||Part B – Optional (Major) Subject I
ii. English Education
iii. Mathematics Education
iv. Science Education
v. Social Science Education
vi. Computer Science Education
vii. Economics Education
viii. Commerce Education
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 Process
As per last year information, Admission will be based on the basic subjects of the degree and the Communal Reservation norms of the Tamil Nadu Government.
Communal reservation norms of the Tamil Nadu Government as detailed below:
- Open Competition (OC): 31% which includes 1%for the wards of Ex-serviceman of Tamil Nadu origin and 3% for Physically and visually challenged.
- Backward Class (BC) : 30% which includes 3.5% for Muslims.
- Most Backward Classes (MBC) and Denotified Communities (DNC): 20%
- Scheduled Castes (SC): 18% Which includes 3% for Arunthathiar
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 1%
If the adequate number of candidates are not available in any of the categories of reservation, candidates of other categories as per reservation norms will be considered for admission.
- The marks secured in the entrance examination.
- The date of birth will be considered if more than one candidate secures the same marks.
The List of Provisionally selected candidates will be hosted on the University website and will also be informed individually.
On receipt of the communication informing provisional admission, the candidate shall submit in person the required certificates in original on the stipulated date and the candidate shall pay the course fee if either admission is confirmed after certificate verification.
The selected candidate will be allotted to the study centers to the extent possible based on (a) their preference and (b) proximity of their workplace and /or residence, However, the decision of the University in this regard will be final.
Bharathiar University B.Ed Exam and Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The Fee Structure for the course of B.Ed. with distance education is given as the image below.
Official Website: www.b-u.ac.in