BHU FMS 2019 – Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University offers admission to the following two-year, four-semester Post-Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the Academic Session 2019-21. Candidates can check BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2019 eligibility, application form, admission procedure, fee structure and counselling on this page below.
BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2019 Admission
Schedule for BHU MBA Admission 2019 is given below.
|For CAT 2018|
|Registration for CAT 2018 start||08 Aug 2018|
|Last date of Registration for CAT||19 Sep 2018|
|CAT Test Dates||25 Nov 2018|
|For FMS BHU|
|Availability of Application form||10 Sep 2018|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form||28 Jan 2019|
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 46 seats
- Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA – IB) – 46 seats
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from below.
- Candidates who have passed the bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern.
- A degree in Agriculture,Technology, Medicine, Education or law/ a post graduate degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any University/Institution recognized by AIU/AICTE.
- For SC/ST candidates, 45% marks is required.
PAID SEATS: 15% of the intake (MBA 07 & MBA IB 07)
Foreign Nationals: 15% (Candidates under NRI -Non Resident Indian- and PIO – Person of Indian Origin – will be considered for admission under this category as per University rule). For details International Student Centre, Banaras Hindu University may be contacted.
Note: Candidates should also fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT 2018.
Admission to MBA and MBA IB program is online process. Candidates are required to have a valid email id and mobile no. for registration, preferably the same they have used for CAT 2018 registration purpose.
Apply through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in)
Candidates are required to apply online through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in).
Application fee is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST) to be payable through online as per guidelines provided on the Admission Portal.
- Admission to BHU MBA and BHU MBA IB programs is made through CAT of Indian Institute of Management.
- Candidates interested to apply for MBA and MBA IB programs of the Institute for session 2019-21 are required to appear in CAT 2018
- Candidates are also required to apply separately for Institute of Management Studies, BHU for which Admission Notification will be released shortly
- Institute uses CAT Score for short-listing/selecting the candidates for our MBA and MBA IB programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Candidates will be called for counseling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2018, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview. Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT, and Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
In case there is more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- The candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible.
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference.
While coming for counseling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates / Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview
As part of the admission process of MBA and MBA IB programs for session 2019-21, candidates, shortlisted on the basis of Total Percentile Score in CAT 2018 are required to appear for Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time at Institute of Management Studies (Faculty of Management Studies), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB programs of the Faculty shall be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (15 % each).
Candidates are required bring the following documents while coming to appear in Group Discussion and Interview, failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear in Group Discussion and Interview:
- Copy of GD & PI Call Letter / email communication
- CAT 2018 Score Card indicating total percentile score
- Duly filled in Academic Data Sheet with self attested copies of marksheets of X, XII and qualifying examination (up to the latest available results for appearing candidates).
- A crossed Bank Draft / Pay Order / Bankers Cheque of Rs. 2000/- drawn in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at Varanasi. Please note that no cash will be accepted.
Note: Non appearance in Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify candidates for admission to the program. Mere issuance of call letter for GD & PI and appearance in the GD & PI Process will not entitle a candidate for admission unless he/she satisfies all the eligibility criteria to this effect. The Institute will not be responsible for any delay in communication as intimation is being emailed to shortlisted candidates through their email ids.
Intake and Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be 46 each and there shall be reservation for the following categories as per University / Government of India Rules:
|NC-OBC Candidates||27% of the intake|
|SC Candidates||15 % of the intake|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of the intake|
|Differentially Abled (Person with Disability) Candidates||5% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)|
|First Semester||Rs 47682|
|Second Semester||Rs 2125|
|Third Semester||Rs 46982|
|Fourth Semester||Rs 2125|
|Hostel Fee||Rs 6700|
Official website: www.bhuonline.in
For more details regarding BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2019 Admission: