|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
BHU FMS 2017 – Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University offers admission to the following two-year, four-semester Post-Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the Academic Session 2018-19. Candidates can check BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2018 eligibility, application form, admission procedure, fee structure and counselling on this page below.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 46 seats (likely to be enhanced to 92)
- Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA – IB) – 46 seats
Schedule for BHU MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|For CAT 2017|
|Registration for CAT 2017 start||09 Aug 2017|
|Last date of Registration for CAT||20 Sep 2017|
|CAT Test Dates||26 Nov 2017|
|For FMS BHU|
|Availability of Application form||10 Sep 2017|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form||22 Jan 2018|
- Admission to BHU MBA and BHU MBA IB programs is made through CAT of Indian Institute of Management.
- Candidates interested to apply for MBA and MBA IB programs of the Institute for session 2018-19 are required to appear in CAT 2017
- Candidates are also required to apply separately for Institute of Management Studies, BHU for which Admission Notification will be released shortly
- Institute uses CAT Score for short-listing/selecting the candidates for our MBA and MBA IB programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB Programs of the Institute will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (30%).
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT 2017 score will be called for Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted in the Institute as per schedule decided by the Admission Committee of the Institute. 30% weightage will be given to the Group Discussion and Interview Score.
Notes: Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT, Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify him/her for admission.
Candidates getting shortlisted for Group Discussion and Personal Interview processes are required to come with following documents:
- Duly signed hard copy of the admission application form (already submitted online)
- Photo identity proof (Aadhar Card / driving license / Voter’s identity card etc. with a self attested copy of the respective document)
- Self attested copy of the CAT 2017 Score card.
- Self attested copies of Mark-sheets of Class X, Class XII and qualifying examination (year wise Mark-sheets).
- Appearing Certificate from the Head of the Institution in case, the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination.
- Self attested copy of Caste Certificate (in case of SC, ST, NC OBC).
- Self attested copy of disability certificate (in case of Differentially abled candidates)
- Demand Draft of Rs. 2000/- (or for the amount to be mentioned through GD PI call letter) in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at Varanasi as processing fee for GD PI.
Admission to MBA and MBA IB program is online process. Candidates are required to have a valid email id and mobile no. for registration, preferably the same they have used for CAT 2017 registration purpose.
Apply through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in)
Candidates are required to apply online through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in).
Application fee is Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST) to be payable through online as per guidelines provided on the Admission Portal.
Online application submission will be alive from 10:00 AM onwards on 10 September 2017 to 11:59:59 PM on 22 January 2018.
Candidates are advised to keep sufficient number of extra copies of the same photograph, which has been pasted on application form for future use, as and when needed.
The Category to which an applicant belongs once mentioned on the Application Form will be final and no subsequent change will be allowed.
Applications of candidates who have submitted forged / fake certificates / documents or adopted fraudulent means shall be rejected without any intimation to the candidates. Further, such candidates shall be debarred from appearing in any subsequent entrance test conducted by B.H.U.
Any related legal litigation in respect of the admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local court of Varanasi and/or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only.
Intake and Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be 46 each and there shall be reservation for the following categories as per University / Government of India Rules:
|NC-OBC Candidates||27% of the intake|
|SC Candidates||15 % of the intake|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of the intake|
|Differentially Abled (Person with Disability) Candidates||3% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)|
|First Year||Rs 49807|
|Second Year||Rs 49081|
|Hostel Fee||Rs 6700|
Candidates will be called for counseling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- The candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible.
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference.
While coming for counseling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates / Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
If a student requests for cancellation of his/her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time:
- If it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and /or
- If he/she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his/her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him/her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
Waitlisted candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such waitlisted candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.