BHU FMS 2020 – Faculty of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, has released the BHU MBA 2020 application form. It has been released online at bhuonline.in. The candidates are offered admission in MBA and MBA IB on the basis of the combined merit acquired by a candidate in CAT 2019, academic record, group discussion & interview. Last date to submit the BHU FMS MBA/ MBA IB 2020 application form is January 25, 2020. In order to register for BHU MBA admission, candidates must have a valid bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Check more details on BHU FMS 2020 from this page.
Latest: Last date to submit BHU FMS MBA 2020 application form has been extended till February 03, 2020. Click Here to apply online.
BHU FMS MBA 2020 Admission
The IM, BHU will use CAT score for short-listing candidates for admissions to its management programs. Shortlisted candidates through CAT score will be called for group discussion and Interview which is conducted in the institute as per schedule decided by the admission committee of the Institute. Check the schedule for BHU MBA admission 2020 from the table below.
|BHU FMS MBA 2020 Admission||Date|
|Availability of application form||10 Sep 2019, 10 am onwards|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form|
BHU MBA 2020 Last Date to fill the Application Form Extended
Below we mentioned the last year information of courses offered along with seat intake for admission in management programmers. Candidates can check the same for getting rough idea of seats and courses for admission.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – 59 Seats
- Master of Business Administration in International Business (MBA – IB) -59 Seats
BHU MBA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the previous year information of eligibility criteria from below.
- Candidates who have passed the bachelor degree under 10+2+3 pattern or a degree in agriculture, technology, medicine, education or law / a post graduate degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks for general category and in case of SC / ST candidates, 45% marks is required in aggregate from any University / institution recognized by AIU /AICTE.
- A candidate appearing at the qualifying examination is required to furnish a certificate from the Head of the Institution where he / she is pursuing the course of study, to the effect that he / she has appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination to be concluded on or before June 30 of the year of admission.
- If such a candidate is offered provisional admission, he / she must submit the proof of acquiring minimum eligibility criteria i.e., mark-sheet of the qualifying examination by October 05 of the year of admission.
Note: Candidates should also fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in CAT 2019.
BHU MBA 2020 Application Form
The application form for admission to MBA and MBA IB program is to be submitted through online mode. Candidates are required to have a valid email id and mobile no. for registration, preferably the same they have used for CAT registration purpose. Candidates can visit to University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in) for applying online.
In order to submit the form, the candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee:
|For other category candidates||Rs. 2000/-|
BHU MBA 2020 Admission Procedure
- Admission to BHU MBA and BHU MBA IB programs is made through CAT of Indian Institute of Management.
- Candidates interested to apply for MBA and MBA IB programs of the Institute for session 2020-22 are required to appear in CAT 2019
- Institute uses CAT score for short-listing / selecting the candidates for our MBA and MBA IB programs. On the basis of CAT 2019 score selected candidates will be called for group discussion and interview
Group Discussion & Personal Interview
As part of the admission process of MBA and MBA IB programs for session 2020-22, candidates, shortlisted on the basis of Total Percentile Score in CAT 2020 are required to appear for group discussion and interview on the scheduled date and time at Institute of Management Studies (Faculty of Management Studies), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB programs of the faculty shall be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), academic records (20%) and group discussion & personal interview (30 % each).
Candidates are required bring the following documents while coming to appear in Group Discussion and Interview:
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar Card / PAN) with a self attested copy of the respective document).
- Self attested copy of CAT 2019 score card indicating total percentile score.
- Self attested copies of mark-sheets of Class X, Class XII and qualifying examination (year wise Mark-sheets).
- Appearing certificate from the head of the institution in case, the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination.
- Self attested copy of caste certificate (in case of SC, ST, NC OBC).
- Self attested copy of disability certificate (in case of deferentially abled candidates)
Note: Non appearance in group discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify candidates for admission to the program.
Candidates will be called for counseling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT, academic record and group discussion & interview. Mere appearance in the CAT, group discussion and interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he / she fulfills the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT, and Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
In case there is more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- The candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible.
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference.
- While coming for counseling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, mark-sheets including caste certificate, migration certificate by non-BHU candidates / transfer certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
- If a student requests for cancellation of his/her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
- The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
- Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
- A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his/her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him/her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
- Waitlisted candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such waitlisted candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.
Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the admission committee at any time:
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted to the course.
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false
- information, and /or
- If he/she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
Intake and Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs is 59 each and there is reservation for the following categories as per University / government of India rules:
|NC-OBC Candidates||27% of the intake|
|SC Candidates||15 % of the intake|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of the intake|
|Differentially abled (person with disability) candidates||5% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)|
Candidates can check the fee structure from below. It is required to be paid in cash or by using credit / debit card transfer at the fee counter.
|First Semester||Rs 47682|
|Second Semester||Rs 2125|
|Third Semester||Rs 46982|
|Fourth Semester||Rs 2125|
|Hostel Fee||Rs 6700|
BHU MBA Admission 2020 Notification
Official website: bhuonline.in
For more details regarding BHU FMS MBA / MBA IB 2020 admission, download the Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.