|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Medical Science offers admission to MD / MS (Ay) program through Ayurveda Vachaspati [MD (Ay)] /Ayurveda Dhanwantari [MS(Ay)] Entrance Test – 2017. The candidates seeking admission to the mentioned courses shall apply for the BHU MD / MS Entrance Test 2017 as per the schedule. All the details of BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017, Application Form, Admit Card etc. are provided on this page.
BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017
The Banaras Hindu University is organizing the BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017 for admission to the MD / MS (Ay) course. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply. It is advised to the candidates to complete the application process as per the schedule given below.
- Number of seats/disciplines shall be subject to approval by the CCIM / Ministry of AYUSH.
- There will be no Sponsored Category.
- Admission of Foreign National Candidate will be only after receiving the specific nominations from the Ministry of AYUSH with a sanction of extra seats over and above the regular P.G. seats)
Schedule of events for BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017
|Date of availability of application form||12 Apr 2017|
|Last date of submission of application form||15 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||25 Jun 2017|
|Date of display of answer key||26 Jun 2017|
|Last date to entertain any complaint regarding
question paper/answer key (by email only)
|29 Jun 2017|
|Date of Counselling and Medical Checkup||31 Jul 2017|
|Last date for the receipt of completed application from a foreign national candidate||30 May 2017|
|Date of Joining and commencement of classes||01 Aug 2017|
|1st Counselling Date||03 Nov 2017|
|2nd Counselling Date||13 Nov 2017|
Second counseling for MD(Ay)/MS(Ay) admission 2017-18 is scheduled to be held on 13.11.2017, all the shortlisted/waitlisted candidates are advised to report himself/herself to the Director, IMS at 10 AM.
- Click Here to check waitlisted candidate list for 2nd Counselling.
Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Medical Science has released Final Answer Key for all sets of BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017 which was held on 25 Jun 2017. Candidates can check the Answer Key from the official website OR through the direct link provided below.
Final Answer Key: Download Final Answer key of BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance test held on 25 Jun 2017 from here.
Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Medical Science has released Admit Card for BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017. Candidate can download their admit card by login into their account through the direct link provided below.
- Admit Card Process over….!!
The online application form can be filled up on websites www.bhu.ac.in. The candidate has to follow the guidelines and the instructions provided on the web page for filling up the application form. The candidates are advised to complete the application process before the due date to avoid the last minute rush. Candidates is now able to access the online application form. The link for the same is provided below.
- Application Process is over now…!!
- Rs 1,600/- in case of general and OBC category
- Rs 1,200/- for SC and ST category
Mode of Payment: Online by debit card/credit card/internet banking. If the candidate has no facility for online payment kindly go through the instructions given on website to deposit the fee through challan.
Admit card can be downloaded from the website, a message will be sent on the email of the candidate.
Candidate must fill all the pages of the application form.
Foreign Nationals should submit their application with all necessary documents including recent duly attested passport-size photograph, citizenship certificate, Student Visa for the full duration of the course routed through the respective Embassy/Indian Council for Cultural Relation/Ministry of External Affairs (in case of self-financing candidates),Govt. of India, New Delhi to reach office of the Director, IMS, BHU latest by30th of May, 2017.They should fulfill the requirements and all requisitions including AIDS-free medical certificate, formulated by the Govt. of India from time to time at the time of application.
Foreign Nationals are exempted from entrance test.
In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Category, a certified true copy / photocopy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities stating that the candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category, must be produced at the time of counseling:
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and his/or her family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island).
OBC candidates are required to produce a certificate issued by the competent authority stating that candidate belongs to OBC category of Govt. of India and falls in the non-creamy layer of OBCs. The certificate should be recent one Issued within six month period from the last date of submission of application form i.e. May 15th , 2017.
Physically Challenged (PC): Reservation for orthopedically disabled candidates would be as per M.C.I. regulations.
- The candidate holding BAMS or equivalent degree recognized by BHU and CCIM.
- The candidate should have passed I. Sc. (Biology) or equivalent (10+2) examination recognized by BHU
- All the candidates must have qualified with Sanskrit as one of the subjects in Intermediate or equivalent examination or as a part of BAMS examination.
- The candidate must have completed minimum 12 months of Internship (in case of 4 ½ years BAMS Course) / 6 months Internship (in case of 5 years BAMS Course) by 31.07.2017 after passing the final professional examination.
- There is no maximum age limit for candidates.
- In case of the foreign nationals the degree must have approval of the CCIM as equivalent to the corresponding examination for admission. Admission of Foreign National Candidate will be only after receiving of specific nomination from the ministry of AYUSH, with a sanction of extra seat over and above the regular P.G. Seats.
- Temporary registration as medical practitioner of foreign nationals is essential. CCIM should approve their registration valid for study period.
- 50% of total seats will be reserved for Institutional Candidates, means who have passed final Professional BAMS examination of December 2014 from Faculty of Ayurveda, IMS, BHU and likely to complete their internship on or before 31-07-2017.
Entrance Examination will be conducted only in the campus of BHU, Varanasi.
- There shall be one paper consisting 200 multiple choice questions from all the specialties including modern counterparts of Ayurvedic specialties. The duration of test will be 3 hrs.
- The qualifying marks for the General category candidates will be 50%, 45% for General Physically Challenged candidates, 40% in case of OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/SC/ST category and respective Physically Challenged candidates.
- Negative scoring will be there in the entrance test. For each correct answer, +3 (plus three) marks will be awarded and for each wrong answer, -1 (minus one) mark will be awarded. For the questions that are not attempted, zero marks will be awarded.
Result and Selection
The candidates will be selected for admission based on merit in the written entrance test. Separate merit list will be prepared amongst all the categories.
In case of equal marks at the test, the inter-se-ranking of the candidates shall be determined in the following order:
- Percentage of aggregate of marks obtained by the candidates in BAMS (Final) examination.
- Total aggregate marks obtained in all the professional examinations (1st to Final year/1st to Final prof.).
- Number of failures during the course of undergraduate studies (BAMS).
- Percentage of Marks obtained in I.Sc. or equivalent examination.
- If the marks at the above also happen to be the same, the date of birth would be the basis i.e. the candidate senior in the age would rank higher.
Roll number of only selected candidates will be published and displayed on the website (www.bhu.ac.in/ims).
Selected candidates will have to appear before the admission committee for counseling. The selected candidates will have to appear before the admission committee for counseling. The subject will be decided at the time of counseling according to merit index of entrance test only.
Cut Off 2015
For Complete Details of BHU MD / MS (Ay) Entrance Test 2017 – Download Revised Information Brochure.