BHU PET Counselling 2021: After the declaration of BHU PET 2021 Result, Candidates have to follow a certain procedure to appear in BHU PET 2021 Counselling in order to take admission in various courses. The concerned head of the Department/Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to the selected candidates for Counseling 2021. After the availability of call letters, candidates have to “Login” on the Candidate’s Segment of the Entrance Test Portal which is bhuonline.in. After logging in on the Entrance Test Portal, candidates can able to download their Call Letters. To grasp the information about BHU PET Counselling 2021, its procedure or what are the instructions which have to be followed, candidates can go through this article.
BHU PET Counselling 2021
Candidates will be sent Call Letter on their registered e-mail IDs and mobile numbers which is why it is advised to candidates to provide correct and authentic e-mail address / mobile number. There will be no postal dispatch of the Counselling Letter. Candidates must also keep in mind that admission shall be done on the basis of merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
BHU PET 2021 Counselling Procedure
The BHU adopts computerized counselling procedure for admissions to various courses during the academic session 2021-22. The counseling procedure involves following steps:
Step 1: Online Preference Entry (on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counselling Date)
Every candidate called for counseling for admission to a Course shall be required to fill up an online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the on the Candidate’ segment of the Entrance Test Portal [www.bhuonline.in] for online preference entry after they have received the password. In the Preference Entry Form, a candidate is required to give his/her preference of the following.
- Choice of Course. This preference option is available only if admission to more than one course is done based on merit index/rank obtained in a Common Test [some of the PG programmes]
- Preference of location [Faculty/Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges]. This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location.
- Seat Type: Whether the candidate wants seats with regular fee only or he/she is willing to take admission n Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full. This preference option is not available for Special Courses of Study and certain other regular/professional programmes (such as MCA on the main campus).
Step 2: Activity on the day of Counselling
- Reach the counseling venue at the prescribed time/date given in this Call letter. Contact the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
- Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre/Venue about the available options of PG courses [in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course], locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc. In case you want to change your preference [earlier filled up by you ONLINE], you can do at this stage. Request the Counselling Centre/Venue Incharge for change. After preference entry form is finalised, get its printout, sign it and submit it alongwith other required original documents at the Verification Desk. Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by a Candidate on the Counselling Date shall be final and shall not be changed later. The computer will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled up by the candidate and availability of seats.
- In case you are provisionally admitted, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre/ Venue Incharge at 10:00 am on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee (regular fee) to be paid and deadline for fee payment (ordinarily 4:00 pm of the day following the Counseling date). In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee.
What to do if you are Provisionally Admitted?
- In case you are provisionally admitted, then collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre/ Venue Incharge on the next day of Counseling.
- The Admission Letter will predict the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling with the amount of admission fee (regular) which has to be paid also, the deadline for fee payment.
- If in case you are provisionally admitted in a special course of study or on Paid seat, then you will be required to pay the Special Course / Paid Seat Fee part from the regular fee of the course.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee (Regular Fee of the University): When the candidates will receive the provisional admission letter from the Venue Incharge/ Counselling Centre, they can pay the fee from the following options of payment:
- Through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test Portal through Online Payment such as credit card/debit card.
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters. For this, candidates will have to check the location of the nearest fee counter at the Counselling Center / Venue.
Step 3: Activity on next day of Counselling date
On the next day after counselling, candidates have to submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Venue Incharge. This step is not valid if candidates have done the online payment. In case, the candidates fail to produce the evidence/proof of payment until the deadline, it is assumed that they are not interested in the admission and their admission will be treated as cancelled.
After each day of counselling, fee payment, computerized allotment or re-arrangement of seats will be done on the basis of merit, preference of the candidates and availability of seats. As a last step, candidates must have all the documents required for Counselling. The Marksheet can be downloaded from the Website of the exam conducting body, confidential mark sheets or provisional results issued by the Registrar / Controller of Examinations.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.