BHU PET Counselling 2020: After the declaration of BHU PET 2020 Result, Candidates have to follow a certain procedure to appear in BHU PET 2020 Counselling in order to take admission in various courses. The concerned head of the Department/Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to the selected candidates for Counseling 2020. After the availability of call letters, candidates have to “Login” on the Candidate’s Segment of the Entrance Test Portal which is bhuonline.in. After logging in on the Entrance Test Portal, candidates can able to download their Call Letters. To grasp the information about BHU PET Counselling 2020, its procedure or what are the instructions which have to be followed, candidates can go through this article.
BHU PET Counselling 2020
Candidates will be sent Call Letter on their registered e-mail IDs and mobile numbers which is why it is advised to candidates to provide correct and authentic e-mail address / mobile number. There will be no postal dispatch of the Counselling Letter. Candidates must also keep in mind that admission shall be done on the basis of merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
BHU PET 2020 Counselling Procedure
The BHU adopts computerized counselling procedure for admissions to various courses during the academic session 2020-21. The counseling procedure involves following steps:
Step 1: Online Preference Entry (on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counselling Date)
In order to appear in the Counselling Process, candidates required to fill the Preference Form as a first step progress with the Counselling Process. The Preference Form will be made available on the Candidates’ segment of the Entrance Test Portal which is bhuonline.in. Now, there are certain details which candidates have to enter in the Preference Form. It can be checked from the information given below:
- Location: This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location (Faculty/Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges).
- Choice of the Course: This preference option shall be made available only if admission to more than 1 course based on merit rank/index obtained in a Common Test.
- Seat Type: This preference option is not available for the Special Courses and some other regular/professional programmes (for instance MCA on the main campus). This option is about whether the candidates want seats with regular fee only or they are willing to take admission in Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full.
Step 2: Activity on the day of Counselling
Candidates have to follow certain procedure on the day of counselling. For that, a discipline is required and candidates must complete the following given activities on the day of counselling. Candidates can have a look at information given below for the same:
- Candidates are advised to reach the counselling venue on the prescribed schedule (date and time) mentioned in the Call Letter.
- After reaching the venue, contact the Counselling Centre / Venue Incharge and mark the attendance sheet available with the Counselling Centre Icharge.
- Make a conversation with the teachers at the Counselling Centre / Venue about the available options of PG Courses (if in case of common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course).
- In case, candidates want to change the preference, they can do so at this stage. When the preference form is finalized make sure you get it printed and then submit it along with asked documents at the Verification Desk.
- The Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by the candidate will be final.
- The computer will allot the seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled by the candidate and availability of seats.
Note: If a Reserved Meritorious candidate is called for counselling along with General category candidates his/her claim on seats reserved for his/her category shall remain intact.
What to do if you are Provisionally Admitted?
- In case you are provisionally admitted, then collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre/ Venue Incharge on the next day of Counseling.
- The Admission Letter will predict the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling with the amount of admission fee (regular) which has to be paid also, the deadline for fee payment.
- If in case you are provisionally admitted in a special course of study or on Paid seat, then you will be required to pay the Special Course / Paid Seat Fee part from the regular fee of the course.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee (Regular Fee of the University): When the candidates will receive the provisional admission letter from the Venue Incharge/ Counselling Centre, they can pay the fee from the following options of payment:
- Through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test Portal through Online Payment such as credit card/debit card.
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters. For this, candidates will have to check the location of the nearest fee counter at the Counselling Center / Venue.
Step 3: Activity on next day of Counselling date
On the next day after counselling, candidates have to submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Venue Incharge. This step is not valid if candidates have done the online payment. In case, the candidates fail to produce the evidence/proof of payment until the deadline, it is assumed that they are not interested in the admission and their admission will be treated as cancelled.
After each day of counselling, fee payment, computerized allotment or re-arrangement of seats will be done on the basis of merit, preference of the candidates and availability of seats. As a last step, candidates must have all the documents required for Counselling. The Marksheet can be downloaded from the Website of the exam conducting body, confidential mark sheets or provisional results issued by the Registrar / Controller of Examinations.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.