BIRSA Agriculture University will be released the notification for admission to the various Doctoral Degree Programmes in Agriculture, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Forestry and Master’s Programme in Agriculture/Agril. Eng./ Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Forestry and Biotechnology. The complete details of BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, seat details, etc. are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020
BIRSA Agriculture University offers admission to the various Doctoral and Master’s Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form. The important dates regarding the BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020-21 are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
|Last date for submission of Application Form||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Entrance Exam||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Result||To be announced!|
|Counselling||To be announced!|
Prescribed application form, admit card (02 copies) and prospectus can be downloaded from University website: www.bauranchi.org. Duly filled in application form along with the prescribed documents and processing charge (non-refundable) of Rs. 1000/- only for General / BC-I / BC-II and Rs. 500/- only for SC/ST candidates in the form of Bank Draft from any Nationalized Bank, in favor of “Comptroller, Birsa Agricultural University”, payable at Ranchi should be reached in the office on or as per schedule. Application received late or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained and the University will not be responsible for such lapses. This detail is based on as per last year.
Application Form & Documents required
- Duly filled in application form.
- Duly filled in 02 copies of admit card.
- Bank Draft.
- Two self-addressed and stamped (Rs. 25/-) envelope (size 23×10 ems).
- Self-attested xerox copies of
- Transcript / Marks sheets/ PDC of all Examinations.
- Character Certificate from Head of the institution last attended.
- Residential Certificate as per clause III.
- Caste Certificate.
- Certification of Economically Weaker Section.
- Accreditation Certificate issued by the ICAR for candidates of Private Colleges/ University where the candidates studied.
- The candidate claiming admission under reserved category must attach a certificate to this effect from the authorities as specified in the application form.
- Any other relevant document.
- Agriculture – Agricultural Extension & Communication, Agrometeorology and Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry – Livestock Production & Management, Vety. & Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Veterinary Pathology
- Forestry – Silviculture & Agroforestry
- Agriculture – Agriculture Extension & Communication, Agrometeorology and Enviromental Sciences, Agronomy, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering.
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry – Livestock Production & Management, Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology.
- Forestry – Basic Sciences and Humanities, Forest Products & Utilization, Natural Resource Management, Silviculture & Agro-Forestry.
- Biotechnology – Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Biotechnology (Hons) Stream.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/ Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry/ Forestry.
- Minimum overall grade point average (O.G.P.A.) 6.00/10.00 or 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent percentage of marks at Master’s degree level. A candidate can apply for Doctoral Programme only in the Major subject of study at Master’s degree level.
- Candidate appearing in final year exams can also apply but he/she must submit required certificates at the.time of counseling followed by admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture ( 4 years course), Agricultural Engineering ( 4 years), Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (5 Years course) and Forestry (4 years course) for admission to M.Sc. (Ag.)/ M. Tech. (Agril. Engineering)/ M.V. Sc./M.Sc. (Forestry) Programme, respectively.
For admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biotechnology is essential whereas for Agriculture, Veterinary Science and Forestry students, the graduation degree in the respective stream will be essential for admission in Biotechnology.
- Minimum Overall Grade Point Average (O.G.P.A.) and Subject Grade Point Average (S.G.P.A.) both of 6.00/ 10.00 or 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent percentage of marks in aggregate at Bachelor’s Degree level for General and BC-I/BC-II candidates and for SC/ST candidates 5.50/ 10.00 O.G.P.A. / S.G.P.A. or equivalent percentage of marks is required.
- Candidate appearing in the final year exam. can also apply but he /she must submit required certificates at the time of counseling which will follow admission.
For admission to Master’s Programme in each discipline, the residential requirement of Jharkhand State as specified below is essential. While the seats of Doctoral Programme are open to all eligible candidate(s) and the residential requirement is not essential. The applications for admission in Master’s Degree Programme shall have to append a residential certificate as detailed below to qualify the requirement of admission.
The admit card for BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020-21 will be provided as per the schedule. The candidate must fill all the entries in the Admit Card except roll number and venue of the entrance examination.
General Scheme of Entrance Examination
The Examination shall have one Question paper consisting of 200 multiple choice Objective type questions, each with four options. Candidates will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question with black/blue ball point pen. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite no mark. OMR answer sheet shall be evaluated and overall merit rank shall be prepared. In the event of candidates getting equal marks in the Entrance Examination, Relative merit will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Examination. In the event of tie again, a candidate, higher in age, would be rated higher in merit.
The questions for the entrance test shall cover all core courses of each subject taught at undergraduate level by different departments for admission in Master’s Programme and the number of questions of each subject should normally be in proportion to the credit hours of the subjects. However, for admission in the Doctoral Programme, Questions will be of Master’s Degree level from major subject only.
Merit-wise result of the provisionally selected candidates will be declared for BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020-21 Entrance Exam which will be held as per the schedule. Candidates can check the result from the official website and the link for the same will also be provided below.
Official website: www.bauranchi.org
For more details about BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020, candidates can refer the previous year – Admission NoticeInsofar, official details of BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.