BIRSA Agriculture University has announced the result of PG entrance exam. It had released notification for admission to the Post Graduate programme in Agriculture, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Forestry, and Biotechnology for the session 2018-2019. The complete details of BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, seats details etc. are given below.
BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018
BIRSA Agriculture University offers admission to the following Doctoral and Master’s Programmes for the academic year 2018 – 2019. Candidates can read the complete details on this page along with the schedule. Admission to the following PG programmes is based on merit list. The merit list is prepared on the basis of Entrance test held on the scheduled date.
Schedule for the BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018-19.
|Last date for submission of Application Form||06 Nov 2018|
|Entrance Exam||16 Dec 2018|
|Result||26 Dec 2018|
|Counselling||15 & 16 Jan 2019|
Merit wise result of the provisionally selected candidates has been declared for BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018-19 Entrance Exam which was held on December 16, 2018. Candidates can check the result from the official website and it can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Result: Click here to check the result of PG entrance exam.
Prescribed application form, admit card (02 copies) and prospectus can be downloaded from University website: www.bauranchi.org. Duly filled in application form along with the prescribed documents and processing charge (non-refundable) of Rs. 1000/- only for General / BC-I / BC-II and Rs. 500/- only for SC/ST candidates in the form of Bank Draft from any nationalized Bank, in favour of “Comptroller, Birsa Agricultural University”, payable at Ranchi should be reached in the office on or before November 06, 2018. Application received late or incomplete in any respect will not be entertained and university will not be responsible for such lapses.
- Download Application Form cum Admit Card – Process Over..!!
Application Form & Documents required
- Duly filled in application form
- Duly filled in 02 copies of admit card
- Bank Draft
- Two self addressed and stamped (Rs. 25/-) envelope (size 23×10 ems).
- Self attested xerox copies of
- Transcript / Marks sheets/ PDC of all Examinations.
- Character Certificate from Head of the institution last attended.
- Residential Certificate as per clause III.
- Caste Certificate.
- The candidate claiming admission under reserved category must attach a certificate to this effect from the authorities as specified in the application form.
- Any other relevant document.
- Agriculture – Agrometerology and Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry – Vety. & Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Veterinary Pathology
- Forestry – Silviculture & Agroforestry
- Agriculture – Agriculture Extension & Communication, Agrometeorology and Enviromental Sciences, Agronomy, Entomology, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering.
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry – Veterinary Anatomy, Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension Education, Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics & Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology.
- Forestry – Basic and Social Sciences, Forest Products & Utilization, Natural Resource Management, Silviculture & Agro-Forestry.
- Biotechnology – Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Biotechnology (Hons) Stream.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/ Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry/ Forestry.
- Minimum overall grade point average (O.G.P.A.) 6.00/10.00 or 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent percentage of marks at Master’s degree level. A candidate can apply for Doctoral Programme only in the Major subject of study at Master’s degree level.
- Candidate appearing in final year exams can also apply but he/she must submit required certificates at the.time of counseling followed by admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture ( 4 years course), Agricultural Engineering ( 4 years), Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (5 Years course) and Forestry (4 years course) for admission to M.Sc. (Ag.)/ M. Tech. (Agril. Engineering)/ M.V. Sc./M.Sc. (Forestry) Programme, respectively.
For admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Sc. (Hons.) in Biotechnology is essential where as for Agriculture, Veterinary Science and Forestry students, the graduation degree in respective stream will be essential for admission in Biotechnology.
- Minimum Overall Grade Point Average (O.G.P.A.) and Subject Grade Point Average (S.G.P.A.) both of 6.00/ 10.00 or 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent percentage of marks in aggregate at Bachelor’s Degree level for General and BC-I/BC-II candidates and for SC/ST candidates 5.50/ 10.00 O.G.P.A. / S.G.P.A. or equivalent percentage of marks is required.
- Candidate appearing in final year exam. can also apply but he /she must submit required certificates at the time of counseling which will follow admission.
For admission to Master’s Programme in each discipline, residential requirement of Jharkhand State as specified below is essential. While the seats of Doctoral Programme are open to all eligible candidate(s) and the residential requirement is not essential. The applications for admission in Master’s Degree Programme shall have to append a residential certificate as detailed below to qualify the requirement of admission.
Admit Card for BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018-19 has been provided along with the application form. The candidate must fill all the entries in the Admit Card except roll number and venue of entrance examination.
General Scheme of Entrance Examination
The Examination shall have one Question paper consisting of 200 multiple choice Objective type questions, each with four options. Candidates will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question with black/blue ball point pen. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite no mark. OMR answer sheet shall be evaluated and overall merit rank shall be prepared. In the event of candidates getting equal marks in the Entrance Examination, Relative merit will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree Examination. In the event of tie again, a candidate, higher in age, would be rated higher in merit.
The questions for the entrance test shall cover all core courses of each subjects taught at under graduate level by different departments for admission in Master’s Programme and the number of questions of each subject should normally be in proportion to the credit hours of the subjects. However, for admission in Doctoral Programme, Questions will be of Master’s Degree level from major subject only.
Official website: www.bauranchi.org
For more details about BIRSA Agriculture University PG Admission 2018-19 – Download Admission Notice