BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2018 – Birla Institute of Technology is now planning to announce admission into its one of the most effective programmes i.e BHMCT for the academic year 2018. Therefore, we are bringing to you some of the important information related to this event as we believe that you should be ready for it. Well! To start with, the BHMCT is a course known as Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. This course is offered at the Institute at Mesra. Usually, there are around 40 seats reserved for this course. A candidate who has passed 12th class with 45% (General/ OBC) and 40% (SC/ST) is usually considered eligible to apply. The programme can commence from July 2018.
All the eligible candidates will be required to apply in online mode at bitmesra.ac.in and confirm the registration by paying the fees. The portal bitmesra.ac.in will remain active for these events. There will be an entrance examination and based on the performance in it, you will be selected.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2018
According to the schedule, the applications will be asked to be made starting from February 28, 2018 until June 14, 2018. These online filled application forms will have to be sent to the office of the institute along with attached certificates mentioned below latest by July month of 2018. Then the exam may be conducted in July 08, 2018. Afterward, results will be displayed in form of a merit list in July 2018.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2018 Important Dates
|Filling of Online Form begins||28 Feb 2018|
|Last date for submission of online Application Form||15 Jun 2018|
|Last date for receipt of printouts of duly completed forms at Mesra||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Document verification||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Date for Entrance Test||08 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List||09 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Classes from||3rd week of Jul 2018|
Shortlisted Candidates for admissions
The shortlisted candidate’s list after going through verification of documents and then entrance is available now. The institute will not send any individual intimation for list availability. Interested candidates can check the Mesra BHMCT 2018 shortlisted candidates list from the link provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click Here to check the Provisional Selection List for Hotel Management (BHMCT).
Shortlist Candidates for Test & Interview
The list of candidates being called for Entrance Test and Interview for Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology program at BIT Mesra, Ranchi is given below. Candidates are requested to report for Entrance Test and Interview at the Centre as per the schedule.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click here to check the list of candidates shortlisted for Test & Interview.
List of documents to carry at the time reporting for Entrance Test, Interview and Admission
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Original of the following documents/certificates:
- Pass certificate of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by the appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Candidates belonging to other special categories [Person with Disability / Kashmiri Migrant] must provide the photocopy of the certificate in proper format from the appropriate authority.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2018 Application Procedure
In order to apply, the candidates are required to reach the link which is provided below. Then observing the “ Apply Online” link, create their credentials like- Username and Password when prompted. The online portal will be bitmesra.ac.in for applying. Then you have to complete all the application formalities and submit it right there.
The Form / Application numbers on each online application form may be noted and cited in correspondence if required. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply for BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2018.
To apply for the program, candidates will need to pay a sum of money to complete their forms. You may have to pay the sum of Rs. 1500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs. 1000/- ( SC/ST) through State Bank Collect -net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Eligibility Criteria
Appearing candidates may check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Academic requirement- 12th class qualifying examination.
- Appearing candidates may also apply, subject to production of mark sheet with requisite percentage of marks at the time of Entrance Test and Interview.
- Minimum marks requirement- 45% 45% (General/ OBC) and 40% (SC/ST).
- Subject requirement- English.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Entrance Test 2018 Exam Pattern
The paper is held on July 08, 2018 which is of 3 hours duration. You will get 100 questions from English Language, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence and GK.
|Numerical and Data Analysis||25|
|Logical Reasoning and Intelligence||25|
Syllabus for BIT Mesra BHMCT entrance test
- English Language – Sequence of Sentences, Comprehension, Synonyms, Fillers, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution & Common Errors.
- Numerical and Data Analysis – HCF and LCM, Number System, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time, Speed and Distance, Average, Simple Interest, Plane Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency & Data Interpretation.
- Reasoning and Intelligence – Classification, Analogy Test, Coding-Decoding Test, Series Test, Alphabet Test, Direction Test, Comprehension of Ranks, Blood Relations Test, Image Test, Cube and Dice, Counting of Figures Test, & Miscellaneous Test.
- General Knowledge – Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity, General awareness, General Science, Business Awareness.
BIT BHMCT 2018 Document verification
Candidates will be called for document verification up next. The list of eligible candidates will be uploaded on the official website at accordingly they will have to appear. There can be around 40 seats in this course. All the candidates who appear for document verification, their list will be displayed online and only those candidates will be called for the Entrance test.
Official Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in.
For more details about BIT Mesra BHMCT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.