BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2020 – Birla Institute of Technology will be announced the admission into its one of the most effective programmes i.e BHMCT for the academic year 2020. Therefore, we are bringing you some of the important information related to this event as we believe that you should be ready for it. Well! To start with, the BHMCT is a course known as the Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology. This course is offered at the Institute at Mesra. Usually, there are around 40 seats reserved for this course. A candidate who has passed 12th class with 45% (General/ OBC) and 40% (SC/ST) is usually considered eligible to apply. The programme will commence on July 2020.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2020
All the eligible candidates are required to apply in online mode at bitmesra.ac.in and confirm the registration by paying the fees. The portal bitmesra.ac.in remain active for these events. There will be an entrance examination and based on the performance in it, you will be selected.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Filling of Online Form begins||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for submission of online Application Form||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Date for Entrance Test||1st week ofJul 2020|
|Interview||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Classes from||3rd week of Jul 2020|
- All dates mentioned above are tentative, and liable to be changed. Hence, please check Institute website periodically.
- Please fill and submit the application form online only, take printout of the same and retain with you as the same will be required to produce at the time of reporting for Entrance Test and Interview.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Application Form 2020
To fill the online application form, click on the link “CLICK HERE FOR NEW ADMISSION” to register and create a password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see instructions for filling the online application form carefully. Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in. Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria. Candidates can also use the link provided below to apply.
To apply for the program, candidates will need to pay a sum of money to complete their forms. The fee is as per last year and will be updated as soon as the official information is released. You may have to pay the sum of Rs. 1500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs. 1000/- ( SC/ST) through State Bank Collect -net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
BIT Mesra BHMCT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have passed Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with English as a subject.
Appearing candidates may also apply, subject to production of marksheet with requisite percentage of marks in Class 12 at the time of Entrance Test and Interview.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1994 in case of General / OBC category and 1st October 1989 in case of SC/ST are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
- At the time of reporting for admission & document verification, selected candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class 10, Marksheets of Class 10 and Class 12 showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see instructions).
- At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Original of the following documents / certificates:
- Pass certificate of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Candidates belonging to other special category [Person with Disability / Kashmiri Migrant] must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
BIT Mesra BHMCT Entrance Test 2020 Exam Pattern
The paper is held on as per schedule which is expected of 3 hours duration. You will get 100 questions from English Language, Numerical and Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence and GK.
|Numerical and Data Analysis||25|
|Logical Reasoning and Intelligence||25|
Syllabus for BIT Mesra BHMCT entrance test
- English Language – Sequence of Sentences, Comprehension, Synonyms, Fillers, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution & Common Errors.
- Numerical and Data Analysis – HCF and LCM, Number System, Profit and Loss, Percentage, Time, Speed and Distance, Average, Simple Interest, Plane Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency & Data Interpretation.
- Reasoning and Intelligence – Classification, Analogy Test, Coding-Decoding Test, Series Test, Alphabet Test, Direction Test, Comprehension of Ranks, Blood Relations Test, Image Test, Cube and Dice, Counting of Figures Test, & Miscellaneous Test.
- General Knowledge – Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity, General awareness, General Science, Business Awareness.
The selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in Entrance Test and Interview conducted by the Institute. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements (see Eligibility Criteria above).
BIT Mesra BHMCT Provisional Selection List
Subsequent to entrance test and personal interview held on various dates, following candidates have been selected for admission based on merit for the 4-year full-time Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT) programme at Mesra. The list is in the order of merit and is being placed only on the Notice Board and website of the Institute.
SPOT Admission against vacant seats
Birla Institute of Technology will be released notification and application form for SPOT Admission against vacant seats. Interested candidates can check the same from the direct link will be provided
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (5%).
- Upto 1 seat may be allotted to the candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (Class 12) from Jharkhand State. The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her School / College where s/he has passed the qualifying examination. [In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group
This fee structure is based on as per last year, it will be updated.
- Hostel mess charges at Mesra will be approximately Rs.3,000/- per month.
- In addition to the above, students at Mesra will also be required to deposit Hostel Caution Money* (One Time only – Refundable) of Rs.5,000/-. They will also be required to pay suitable mess advance at the beginning of each semester, which will be adjusted against their mess charges / expenditure. For the session 2019-20, this mess advance will be Rs. 20,000/- [Total of Rs. 25,000/-]. For BIT Mesra – Hostel Caution Money (One Time only – Refundable) and Hostel Mess Advance (each semester) are payable by crossed Demand Draft in favour of “BIT Welfare Society” payable at Ranchi.
- All payments must be made online through State Bank Collect. For details, please go through the instructions given on the Institute website.Candidate may use the net banking or credit card payment through any nationalized bank
- Students will be expected to provide themselves with stationery and textbooks, etc, as prescribed for different subjects.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees and other charges at any stage.
- For rules regarding refund of fees on withdrawal, please see separate Notice on Notice Boards.
Official Website: www.bitmesra.ac.in.
For more details about BIT Mesra BHMCT, candidates can refer the previous year –Information Brochure.Insofar, official details of BIT Mesra BHMCT 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.