BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019 – Birla Institute of Technology releases the details related to two years full MBA programme on January 31, 2019. Last date to Apply Online has been extended up to March 16, 2019, due to delay in MAT Feb 2019 result. So the interested candidates keep a regular tab on this article. The 2-year (4-semester) full-time MBA (Master of Business Administration) programme 2019 offered at the Birla Institute of Technology. The selections of eligible candidates will be made on the basis of performance in GD & PI. Candidates can get all information related to BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019 on this page.
BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019
Candidates can check all the details of BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019 like vacancies details, application procedure, selection procedure etc from this page given below. We have provided the schedule below.
|Filling of Online Application Form begins||31 Jan 2019|
|Last date to Apply Online (due to delay in MAT Feb 2019 result)|
|Display of Centre-wise list of short-listed candidates to be
called for GD & PI [ to be notified on the Institute website /
Notice Boards of concerned Centres]
|Dates for GD/PI (Shortlisted Candidates)||28 & 29 Mar 2019|
|Declaration of First Selection List||31 Mar 2019|
|Admission against 1st provisional selection list||10 Apr 2019|
|Admission against 2nd provisional selection list||16 Apr 2019|
|Detailed of Vacant Seat after 2nd admission||18 Apr 2019|
|Date for Commencement of Classes from||08 Jul 2019|
Special Round of admission against Vacant Seats
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for a special round of admission against vacant seats at BIT Jaipur and bit Noida Campuses for 2-year (4-semester) full-time MBA (Master of Business Administration) programme for the session 2019-20.
|Filling of online form commences from||19 Apr 2019|
|Last date to Apply Online||03 May 2019|
|Declaration of list of candidates to be called for GD & PI||06 May 2019|
|Date for GD & PI||11 May 2019|
Click here to check the details for a special round of admission against vacant seats.
Birla Institute of Technology has released the list of selected candidates for the full-time MBA programme at Mesra (Main Campus), based on their performance in GD & PI. Candidates can check the selection list from the official website OR through the direct links which are provided below.
- Click here to check the second provisional selection list for MBA Programme 2019.
- Click here to check the second provisional selection list for MBA Programme 2019.
- Click here to check the 1st provisional selection list for MBA Programme 2019.
Birla Institute of Technology has released the list of shortlisted candidates for GD/PI. Candidates can check the shortlisted list from the official website OR through the direct link which is provided below.
- Click here to check the supplementary list of candidates also being called for GD & PI MBA 2019.
- Click here to check the list of candidates called for GD/PI for the MBA 2019.
Candidates can fill their application for BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019 from the official website. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility criteria before going to apply online. The direct link to apply online is provided below for the candidates.
Application process is over…!!!
How to Apply
- To fill online application form, click on the link “Click here for New Admission” on top of the page to register for the programme and create password. Do not share the password with anybody else. Please see instructions for filling online application form.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect -net banking or credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- The candidates may select the choice of place for study maximum of three Campuses, in order of preference from the prompt. Candidates will not be permitted to alter their preferences at a later stage.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have appeared in one of the following competitive examinations and should have minimum requisite percentile/scores as per the details are given below:
|CAT 2018||XAT 2019||CMAT-2019||MAT Sep-2018, Dec -2018 , Feb -2019|
35 (for SC/ST)
35 (for SC/ST)
35 (for SC/ST)
280 (for SC/ST)
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India/AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Honours/aggregate (45% for SC/ST) in graduation.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2019 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally.
GD/PI Selection Process
- Provisional selection will be made based on performance of the candidate in Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GD & PI) and 2)
- Based on various reservation criteria of State and Central Govt. [see section 5 for distribution of seats at each Campus]. However, candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements (see eligibility criteria in Section 2)
- Selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified only after the GD&PI process at all Campuses is over, on the Institute website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in and Notice Boards of concerned Campus only. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
- Selected candidates will be required to take admission by the dates given, at the Campus of selection by depositing admission fee and required original certificates. Seats remaining vacant will be allotted to waitlisted candidates. The list of waitlisted candidates will also be announced on the Institute website and Notice Boards of concerned Campuses only. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Documents required at the time of GD/PI Process:
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable).
- Original of the following documents/certificates: Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for GD & PI, as well as one set of photocopies:
a) Pass certificate and Marksheet of Class 10
b) Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
c). Marksheets of Graduation for graduates OR
d). Marksheets upto pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2019. They must also bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that: i. By 30th June 2019, he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree. ii. He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades / marks.
e). Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes (DEC-IGNOU) must carry a proof of pass certificate in addition to marksheets of graduation.
f). Printout of Admit Card / Hall Ticket of CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / MAT Sept -2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb-2019 [as received by e-mail]
g). Printout of Score Card of CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 / CMAT 2019 / MAT Sept -2018 or MAT Dec-2018 or MAT Feb-2019
h). Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
i). Candidates belonging to other special categories mentioned in Sec 5 (Persons with Disability [PwD], Kashmiri Migrant and Ward of BIT employee) must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
j). Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
Without original of above documents/certificates, no candidates will be permitted to appear in the GD/PI.
- Provisional selection will be made based on performance of the candidate in Group Discussion & Personal Interview (GD & PI) and
- Based on various reservation criteria of State and Central Govt. However, candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements.
Selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified only after the GD&PI process at all Centres is over, on the Institute website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in and Notice Boards of concerned Centres only. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Selected candidates will be required to take admission by the dates given, at the Centre of selection by depositing admission fee and required original certificates. Seats remaining vacant will be allotted to waitlisted candidates. The list of waitlisted candidates will also be announced on the Institute website and Notice Boards of concerned Centres only. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Documents required at the time of admission:
If selected, candidates will be required to show originals of the above documents/certificates and submit the following certificates in original along with one set of the photocopies of all above documents/certificates and requisite fees.
- Migration Certificate.
- College leaving certificate.
- Cate/category certificate, if applicable (for one semester only).
*Hostel fees are subject to revision in future additional amount to be paid at the time of admission:
- Admission Fee (One time only) = Rs.15,000.00
- Caution Money (One time only-Refundable) = Rs.10,000.00 = Rs. 25,000.00
- Hostel facilities are available only at the Main Campus at Mesra. Hostel mess charges at Mesra will be approximately Rs.3,000/- per month.
- In addition to all of above, students at Mesra will also be required to deposit Hostel Caution Money* (One Time only – Refundable) of Rs.5,000/-. They will also be required to pay suitable mess advance at the beginning of each semester, which will be adjusted against their mess charges/expenditure. For the session 2019-20, this mess advance will be Rs. 20,000/-.
- For BIT Mesra – Hostel Caution Money (One Time only – Refundable) and Hostel Mess Advance (each semester) are payable by crossed Demand Draft in favor of “BIT Hostels Mess Account” payable at Ranchi.
- All fees must be paid by crossed Demand Draft in favor of “Birla Institute of Technology” payable at Ranchi (for admission at Mesra or Lalpur), and payable at Noida (for admission at Noida campus)
- Students will be expected to provide themselves with stationery and textbooks, etc, as prescribed for different subjects.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees and other charges at any stage.
- For rules regarding refund of fees on withdrawal, please see separate Notice on Notice
Note : The admission fee can also be paid online through State Bank Collect (for details, students are advised to visit Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in)
Official Website: bitmesra.ac.in
For Complete Details of BIT Mesra MBA Admission 2019, candidates can check the Information Brochure.