|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
The Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, will conduct an Online Computer Based Test for shortlisting candidates for admission to its 3-year (6-semester) full-time MCA programme 2017, commencing in July 2017 at Mesra, Ranchi, and its Off Campuses at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida. Candidates can check the complete detail of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest – BIT Mesra MCA Admission 3rd Provisional Selection List has been announced. Check through the link below. Also check details about SPOT admission below.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2017
Candidates can fill their application for MCA Admission at BIT Mesra from the official website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in as per schedule. Those who fill their application on time will be eligible to download the admit card for online entrance test which will be held in the month of June 2017. Candidates will be short-listed for ‘Admission’ on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the MCA 2017 online entrance test.
Schedule for the BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Filling of online form commences from||20 Mar 2017|
|Last date for submission of online application||30 Apr 2017|
|Last date for receipt of printouts of filled application||11 May 2017|
|Availability of Admit card||26 May 2017|
|Date for Online Entrance Test||04 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list||14 Jun 2017|
|Classes commence from||Last week of Jul 2017|
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2017 Quick Links
BIT Mesra MCA Merit List
Merit & Selection list of the candidates who have appeared in the MCA online test 2017 has been published, Which can also be checked through the link provided below.
- Check MCA Third Selection List
- Check MCA Second Selection List
- Check MCA Selection List
- Check MCA Merit List
Spot admission against vacant seats for full-time 3-year (6-semester) Master in Computer Applications (MCA) programme of the Institute at BIT Jaipur and BIT Noida Campuses for the session 2017-18 will be conducted as per the schedule given below:
Date of reporting for Spot Admission: 27th July 2017
Reporting Timing: 10:00 ( Entrance test will start from 10:30 am)
Duration of test – 2 Hours
How To Apply
Interested and eligible candidates, may report for spot admission in MCA programme 2017 at the Campus of their Choice where they want to take admission on 27th July 2017 at 10:00am, with their duly completed form (link given below), all relevant documents / certificates in original, and one set of photocopies of each, for Spot Registration and Entrance Test. Fresh candidates are also eligible to take admission.
Note: Candidates, who had applied earlier for the programme but could not appear in the Entrance Test / Online Test or not selected or selected but could not joined the programme, need not to pay the application fee again. However, they must bring photocopy of their application form along with proof of application fee.
- Click Here to Download Application form
- Provisional selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in Entrance Test to be conducted by the Campus on 27th July 2017 The provisionally selected candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria given below, else the offers will be withdrawn.
For More Details about SPOT Admission – Click here
BIT Mesra MCA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the MCA programme 2017 may please be read as follows:
The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science I Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2017 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2017, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades / marks.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2017. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST/PwD) calculated as per item (4 or 5) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate, marksheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in letter head of the Institute/College /University. with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
The number of seats to be offered in 2017 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below:
- Jaipur – 45
- Lalpur – 120
- Mesra – 60
- Noida – 60
Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme.
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Upto 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination (graduation) from the state in which Campus is located. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her College where (s)/he has passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation).
Note : In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group.
BIT Mesra MCA Exam Pattern
The MCA 2017 Online Entrance Test shall comprise of 120 questions to be answered in 2 hours. Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices out of which only one is correct. A candidate must select only the correct answer to score full marks. For each correct answer a candidate will earn 4 marks. For every incorrect answer one mark will be deducted. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given. The questions will be distributed into various areas as follows and the detailed syllabus is given below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|B||Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2017 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
Candidates called for the verification of documents will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
The waitlisted candidates may be called for verification of documents and admission against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Cancellation of Admission Offer: The admission of a candidate will be automatically cancelled:
- if any information provided in the application form is found incorrect or missing.
- who fail to submit the final degree / qualifying examination in time as stipulated or fail to secure minimum eligible marks in the degree / qualifying examination.
Documents required at the time of reporting for Admission
Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for admission cum verification of documents, as well as one set of self-attested photocopies:
- Pass certificate of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Marksheets of Graduation for graduates or
- Marksheets upto pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2017. (S)/he must also bring a certificate from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2017, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes must carry a proof of pass certificate in addition to marksheets of graduation and proof of the programme recognized by the DECIGNOU in letter head of the Institute/College /University.
- Admit Card for the MCA 2017 Online Entrance Test
- Score Card of the MCA 2017 Online Entrance Test
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Candidates belonging to other special categories mentioned in Sec-7 [Person with Disability (PwD) / Kashmiri Migrant / Ward of BIT Employee] must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
They should also carry a photocopy of their duly completed online form.
If provisionally selected, candidates will be required to submit all the above documents in original (except the Photo ID) at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
Provisionally selected candidates appearing for final examinations in 2017 will be required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/- to the effect that if they fail to obtain the requisite marks in their qualifying examination (graduation) their admission will liable to be cancelled. The deadline for submission of the marksheet / degree certificate is 31 October 2017, failing which the provisional admission will be cancelled. (Please see Sec 13 for the format of the above undertaking).
For more details of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.