The Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, is conducting an Online Computer Based Test for shortlisting candidates for admission to its 3-year (6-semester) full-time MCA programme 2018, that will be commencing in July 2018 at Mesra, Ranchi, and its Off Campuses at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida. Candidates can check the complete detail of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Candidates can fill their application for MCA Admission at BIT Mesra from the official website www.bitmesra.ac.in as per schedule. Those who filled their application on time became eligible to download the admit card for online entrance test which was held on June 03, 2018. Candidates will be short-listed for ‘Admission’ on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the MCA 2018 online entrance test.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018
Get all the details regarding BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018 including Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Selection Procedure and other information related to BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018 on this page. Here are some of the important dates of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018 to start with.
|Filling of online form commences from||01 Mar 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||30 Apr 2018|
|Last date for receipt of printouts of filled application along with required enclosures||11 May 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||26 May 2018|
|Date for Online Entrance Test||03 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list||
18 Jun 2018
|Classes commence from||2nd /3rd week of Jul 2018|
Selection list of the candidates who have appeared in the MCA online test 2018 has been published on the official website of BIT Mesra after the entrance exam is over. The Selection list contains the lists of candidates provisionally selected for admission on merit for the full-time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme 2018 at Mesra (Main Campus) and its Off Campuses at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur and BIT Noida. The Selection list can also be checked from the link that is provided below.
- Click Here to check the 3rd Provisional Selection List.
- Click Here to check the 2nd Provisional Selection List.
- Click Here to check the 1st Provisional Selection List.
The eligibility criteria for the MCA programme 2018 may please be read as follows:
The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subjects in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science I Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
Candidates with above-mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as the average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2017 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades/marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission, such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2018, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- She/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades / marks.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2018. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST/PwD) calculated as per item (4 or 5) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in letterhead of the Institute/College /University. with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
The MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test shall comprise of 120 questions to be answered in 2 hours. Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices out of which only one is correct. A candidate must select only the correct answer to score full marks. For each correct answer, a candidate will earn 4 marks. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given. The questions will be distributed into various areas as follows and the detailed syllabus is given below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|B||Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
Candidates called for the verification of documents will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
The waitlisted candidates may be called for verification of documents and admission against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Cancellation of Admission Offer: The admission of a candidate will be automatically cancelled:
- if any information provided in the application form is found incorrect or missing.
- who fail to submit the final degree/qualifying examination in time as stipulated or fail to secure minimum eligible marks in the degree/qualifying examination.
Documents required at the time of reporting for Admission
Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for admission cum verification of documents, as well as one set of self-attested photocopies:
- Pass certificate of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Marksheets of Graduation for graduates OR
Marksheets up to the pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2018. (S)/he must also bring a certificate from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2018, She/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- She/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance learning programmes must carry a proof of pass certificate in addition to marksheets of graduation and proof of the programme recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in the letterhead of the Institute/College /University.
- Admit Card for the MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test
- Score Card of the MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by the appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Candidates belonging to other special categories mentioned in Sec-7 [Person with Disability (PwD) / Kashmiri Migrant / Ward of BIT Employee] must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, College ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
They should also carry a photocopy of their duly completed online form.
If provisionally selected, candidates will be required to submit all the above documents in original (except the Photo ID) at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
Provisionally selected candidates appearing for final examinations in 2018 will be required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/- to the effect that if they fail to obtain the requisite marks in their qualifying examination (graduation) their admission will liable to be cancelled. The deadline for submission of the marksheet / degree certificate is 31 October 2018, failing which the provisional admission will be cancelled.
The number of seats to be offered in 2018 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below:
Jaipur – 45
Lalpur – 120
Mesra – 60
Noida – 60
Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme.
- For all programs at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programs the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Up to 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Up to 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination (graduation) from the state in which Campus is located. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her College where (s)/he has passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation).
Note: In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group.
The fee structure for the full-time MCA programme at Mesra and its Extension Centres for 2018 Batch is provided below.
|Particulars||1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem||5th Sem||6th Sem|
|Institute Exam Fee||5000||5000||5500||5500||6000||6000|
|Hostel Seat Rent*,
Electricity and Transport
(For Main Campus at Mesra
*Hostel fees are subject to revision in future
Additional amount to be paid at the time of admission
|Admission Fee (One time only)||Rs. 15,000.00|
|Caution Money (One-time only-Refundable)||Rs. 10,000.00|
For more details of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2018 – Download Brochure
Official Website: bitmesra.ac.in