BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 – BIT Mesra has released a notification for admission against vacant seats for the academic session 2020-21. The Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, conducted an Online interview for shortlisting candidates for admission to its 2-year (4-semester) full-time MCA programme. Candidates can check the complete detail of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020, application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
– The provisional selection list of the candidates is out for MCA (Special Round Admission) 2020. Scroll down to get the same.
– Application Form for BIT Mesra MCA Special Round Against Vacant Seat Admission in MBA Program 2020 has been extended. Click here to Apply.
– The provisional selection list for MCA Program has been released. Scroll down to get it.
– List of applicants shortlisted for the Interviews Special Round to MCA program has been released. Scroll down to check.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020
Get all the details regarding BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 including Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Selection Procedure and other information related to BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 on this page. Here are some of the important dates of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 to start with.
|Filling of online form commences from||02 Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application|
|Availability of Admit card|
|Interview Date||03 – 09 Jun 2020|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list|
|Declaration of 2nd Provisional Selection List|
27 Jun 2020
|Declaration of 3rd Provisional Selection List||8 Jul 2020|
|Candidates selected in 3rd merit list have to pay fee by||17 Jul 2020|
20 Jul 2020
|Last date to deposit admission fee by waitlisted candidates||27 Jul 2020|
|Commerce of class|
|MCA Admission 2020 Against Vacant Seats|
|Last date for Applying online|
|Display of Shortlisted Applicants for (PI)|
|Date for Personal Interviews|
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Application Form Extended against Special Round Vacant Seats
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted Candidates
BIT Mesra has released the list of shortlisted candidates on the official website. Candidates who have filled the application form can check their names in the list. Those candidates who get their names in the merit list have to appear for interview round which is going to be held as per schedule. Click on the below link to check the result.
- Click here to check the list of applicants shortlisted for Interviews Special Round. (October 28, 2020)
- Click here to download the provisional selection list of candidates for the MCA Program
- Click here to check the list of applicants shortlisted for Interviews Special Round. (August 31, 2020)
- Click here to check the provisional list of the candidates for MCA.
- Click here to check the BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted Candidates.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Notification for waitlisted candidates
Click here to check the complete notice along with list of waitlisted candidates.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Selection List
Selection list of the candidates who have appeared in the MCA online test 2020 is published on the official website of BIT Mesra after the entrance exam. The Selection list contains the lists of candidates provisionally selected for admission on merit for the full-time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Programme 2020 at BIT Mesra. The Selection list can also be checked from the direct link provided here.
- Click here to check the Provisional Selection List for MCA Program 2020 (Special Round Admission).
- Click here to check the list of 3rd provisionally selected candidates.
- Click here to check the list of 2nd provisionally selected candidates.
- Click here to check the list of 1st provisionally selected candidates.
Important Notice for BIT Mesra MCA Admission
In this year BIT Mesra shall not be conducting the entrance exam for MCA Program due to severe situation of COVID-19 pandemic. Admission will be based on the performance of candidates in the interview and academic record. Check the complete details in the below image.
- Click here to download the above notice.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form for BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 is available now. Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only at bitmesra.ac.in. To fill the online application form, click on the link given above to register and create a password for the application process. Please see instructions for filling the online application form.
Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect (net banking/credit card of any nationalized bank) in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” till the last date of the application process.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the MCA Programme 2020 may please be read as follows as per the last year:
The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subjects in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
Candidates must have one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science I Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the graduate level.
Candidates with above-mentioned qualifications (item-3) must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as the average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average in their Honours subject.
Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2020 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent (as per item 4 or 5 above) based on latest available grades/marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the verification of documents cum admission, such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2020, (s)/he will have appeared for the examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- She/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent, based on latest available grades / marks.
Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (4 or 5) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2020. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST/PwD) calculated as per item (4 or 5) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in the letterhead of the Institute/College /University. with their application. [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
The admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a punishable offense under the law. No applicant will be allowed to appear for the Test without a valid admit card. The admit card will be required to be produced at the time of admission also. Therefore, all candidates are required to preserve the admit card until the admission process is complete.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Admit Card
Admit card has issued only to the candidates whose online applications are submitted successfully within the stipulated time. The candidates should download their admit cards from the Institute website. If a candidate is unable to download the admit card, candidates should contact the Admissions Office at BIT Mesra, Ranchi by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone or fax.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Duration: 2 Hours
Total No of Questions: 120
Type of Questions: MCQs
Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, a candidate will earn 4 marks. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given.
The questions will be distributed into various areas as follows and the detailed syllabus is given below:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|B||Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2020 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
Candidates called for the verification of documents will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
The waitlisted candidates may be called for verification of documents and admission against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Cancellation of Admission Offer: The admission of a candidate will be automatically cancelled:
- if any information provided in the application form is found incorrect or missing.
- who fail to submit the final degree/qualifying examination in time as stipulated or fail to secure minimum eligible marks in the degree/qualifying examination.
Documents required at the time of reporting for Admission
Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for admission cum verification of documents, as well as one set of self-attested photocopies:
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General/ OBC) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Pass certificate of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Marksheets of Graduation for graduates OR Marksheets up to a pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2020. He /She must also bring a certificate from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30 June 2020, he/she will have appeared for the examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks.
They should also carry a photocopy of their duly completed online form.
If provisionally selected, candidates will be required to submit all the above documents in original (except the Photo ID) at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
Provisionally selected candidates appearing for final examinations in 2020 will be required to submit an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 20/- to the effect that if they fail to obtain the requisite marks in their qualifying examination (graduation) their admission will liable to be canceled. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet/degree certificate is 31 October 2020, failing which the provisional admission will be canceled.
BIT Mesra MCA Seat Intake
The number of seats to be offered in 2020 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below :
|Campus||Seats to be offered|
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 Reservations
Currently, the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme.
- For all programs at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programs the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (5%).
- Up to 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Up to 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses, 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed/are appearing for qualifying examination (graduation) from the state in which Campus is located. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of the location of his/her College where (s)/he has passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination/graduation).
Note: In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group.
BIT Mesra MCA Fee Structure
The fee structure for the full-time MCA programme at Mesra and its Extension Centres for 2020 Batch is provided below.
|Particulars||1st Sem||2nd Sem||3rd Sem||4th Sem||5th Sem||6th Sem|
|Institute Exam Fee||5500||5500||6000||6000||6500||6500|
|Hostel Seat Rent*,|
Electricity and Transport
(For Main Campus at Mesra
*Hostel fees are subject to revision in future
Additional amount to be paid at the time of admission
|Admission Fee (One time only)||Rs. 15,000.00|
|Caution Money (One-time only-Refundable)||Rs. 10,000.00|
For more details of BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
Official Website: bitmesra.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.