|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Birla Institute of Technology will release a notification for the eligible candidates for admission into 5 year (10 semester) Integrated M.Sc programmes. All the programmes are full time and will commence in July 2018. The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Class XII / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements. Candidates can check the BIT Mesra Integrated M.Sc Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
BIT Mesra Integrated M.Sc Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in Integrated M.Sc programme have to fill their application form from here. Those candidates who have selected will be called for documents verification cum admission for the above programmes as per schedule mentioned below.
|Filling of online form commences from||03 May 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||03rd week of Jun 2018|
|Declaration of first list of shortlisted candidates||Last week of Jun 2018|
- Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Integrated M.Sc. in Food Technology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computing
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics
Application Form 2018
Candidates can fill their application for admission into Integrated M.Sc programme from the official website www.bitmesra.ac.in on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form.
Application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General candidates) or Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST candidates) through State Bank Collect – net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” within the given time period.
How to Apply?
- To start online application, click on the link “Apply Online”, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anyone.
- To apply for the above programmes, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online only [the link was available above]. Pay application fee prescribed above, within the given time period. [Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances].
- Use separate application form, in case applying for more than one programme and pay the additional application fee.
- Pass in Class 12 / equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and having at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average of 4 subjects – English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1 October 1993 in case of General category and 1 October 1988 in case of SC/ST/PwD are eligible for admission. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board.
- At the time of document verification, candidates will be required to produce originals of Pass Certificate of Class X, Marksheets of Class X and Class XII showing requisite minimum marks, as well as Caste or Special Category certificates in proper format signed by appropriate authority (please see instructions).
- At any level of the studies [Class X or Class XII], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
- Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry – 40
- Integrated M.Sc. in Food Technology – 30
- Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computing – 80
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics – 60
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by the State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Upto 1 seat may be allotted to candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- For the above programmes, 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (Class 12) from Jharkhand State. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her School / College where she/he has passed the qualifying examination (Class 12).
[In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group].
The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Class XII / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for documents verification cum admission on the basis of their merit and data submitted by the candidates on their application forms for 1st round. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
The waitlisted candidates or candidates not called in 1st round may be called for documents verification cum admission process against the vacant seats, (if any), in successive rounds, as required. The same will also be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Note: Admission will be offered subject to verification of original documents at the time of admission.
List of Documents to be carried at the time reporting for Documents Verification cum Admission
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph –[same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.1,500/- (General) and Rs.1,000/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
Original of the following documents / certificates: Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for Admission cum Document Verification as well as one set of photocopies:
- Pass certificate of Class X (for age proof)
- Marksheet of Class X
- Marksheet of Class XII / Intermediate or equivalent
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Candidates belonging to other special categories (Persons with Disability [PwD] / Kashmiri Migrant) must provide photocopy of certificate in proper format from appropriate authority.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, School / College ID, are acceptable)
Without original of above documents / certificates, no candidates will be permitted to appear for the documents verification cum admission.
If provisionally admitted, all the above documents in original (except the original Photo ID) together with photocopies will be retained by the Institute for some time.
Fee payable at the time of admission and in each subsequent semester.
- Hostel mess charges will range from approximately Rs.2,500/- to Rs.3,000/- per month. Students will be required to deposit Hostel Caution Money* (One Time only – Refundable) of Rs.5,000/- .They will also be required to pay suitable mess advance at the beginning of each semester, which will be adjusted against their mess charges. For the session July 2018, this mess advance* will be Rs.20,000/- [ total of Rs. 25,000/-]
- *Hostel Caution Money (One Time only – Refundable) and Hostel Mess Advance (each semester) are payable by crossed Demand Draft in favour of “BIT Hostels Mess Account” payable at Ranchi.
- Other fees must be paid by crossed Demand Draft in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” payable at Ranchi.
- Students will be expected to provide themselves with stationery and textbooks, etc, as prescribed for different subjects.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees and other charges at any stage.
- For rules regarding refund of fees on withdrawal, please see separate Notice on Notice Boards.
NB: Students may also pay the admission fee online through State Bank Collect.
For more details check Last year’s (2017) – Information Brochure
Insofar, only the application and entrance test dates of BIT Mesra Integrated M.Sc Admission 2018 have been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Birla Institute of Technology releases BIT Mesra Integrated M.Sc Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.