Birla Institute of Technology has released the provisional list of selected candidates for admission to M.Sc. Programmes. Bit Mesra offers admission into 2 years (4 semester) M.Sc programmes and information regarding 5 year (10 semester) Integrated M.Sc programmes has not been released. Both the programmes are full time and will commence in July 2020 (Expected). The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Class XII / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements. Candidates can check the BIT Mesra Integrated M.Sc Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
BIT Mesra M.Sc Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in M.Sc and Integrated M.Sc programme will have to fill their application form from here. Those candidates who will get selected will be called for documents verification cum admission for the above programmes as per the schedule mentioned below.
|Filling of online form commences from||2nd week of May 2020||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||3rd week Jun 2020||1st week ofMay 2020|
|Tentative date for notification of schedule for Written Test & Counselling (on the Institute website only)||–||1st May 2020|
|Dates for Written Test and Counselling||–||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of 1st list of shortlisted candidates for Documents Verification cum Admission||3rd week of Jun 2020||–|
|Commencement of classes||2nd week of Jul 2020||2nd week of Jul 2020|
For Integrated M.Sc
- Pass in Class 12 / equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and having at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks in average of 4 subjects – English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates of B.Sc. / B.A. Honours must have minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in their Honours subject. Candidates of other graduate courses must have minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in graduation.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2019 can also apply and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of the counselling they must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a). by 30 June 2019, she/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her qualifying degree.
b). He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) calculated as per item (2) above. They must enclose photocopy of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application [Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website http://www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same board/ University.
Eligible Candidates for Written Test and Counselling
Birla Institute of Technology has released the counseling schedule for M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc. Geo-Informatics, M.Sc. Mathematics and M.Sc. Physics programmes of the Institute is as given below. Those candidates who have applied for the respective programmes should come to appear in the counseling at Mesra as per the schedule is given below.
Application Form 2020
Candidates can fill their application for admission into M.Sc and Integrated M.Sc programme from the official website www.bitmesra.ac.in on or before the last date of application. Application Form for M.Sc has been released, candidates can fill the form from the “Application Form” page from above. Candidates are advised that they must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form.
Application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) or Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST through State Bank Collect – net banking or debit/credit card of any nationalized bank in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” before the last date. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Biotechnology (Bio-Engineering)
- Chemistry (Chemistry)
- Geoinformatics (Remote Sensing)
- Mathematics (Mathematics)
- Physics (Physics)
For Integrated M.Sc.
- Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Integrated M.Sc. in Food Technology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computing
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics
How to Apply?
- To fill an online application form, click on the link “Click here for New Admission” to register and create a password for the application process. Do not share the password with anybody. Please see the instructions for filling online application form.
- Eligible candidates must complete and submit the application form online only [link available on the Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST candidates) inclusive of GST charges through State Bank Collect (net banking/credit card of any nationalized bank) in favour of “Birla Institute of Technology” till the last date of the application process. Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates should proceed to fill an Online Application Form only after they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
Spot Admission against Vacant Seats
Spot admission against vacant seats will be conducted for M.Sc. Animation Design programme 2019 at BIT Jaipur Campus will be conducted as per schedule give below. Interested and eligible candidates may report for counselling cum spot admission.
The lists of candidates selected for BIT Mesra M.Sc and Integrated M.Sc Admission 2019 has been published by Birla Institute of Technology. Candidates can check the list from the official website OR through the direct link provided below.
Admission Notification Against Vacant Seats
Applications are invited from eligible candidates against few vacant seats in different categories as indicated below for the following full-time postgraduate programmes in M.Tech., M.Pharm., MUP and M.Sc. of the Institute, for the session 2019-20. Interested and eligible candidates may report for admission against vacant seats as per the schedule is given below.
|Date of test/counselling for All M.Sc||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of test/counselling for Integrated M.Sc||3rd week of Jul 2020|
List of Candidates called for Counselling cum Admission
Based on data provided in the application forms, following candidates are being called for documents verification cum admission for the full-time M.Sc and Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computing, Physics, Chemistry and Food Technology programme at Mesra as per the schedule. The list is being placed only on the Institute website and on the Notice Boards of the Institute at Mesra and the direct link is also provided below. Admission offer will be made strictly on merit based on marks obtained by the candidates in Class 12 / equivalent and various reservation criteria of State and Central Govt. till seats remain available.
Provisional selections to the M.Sc. programmes will be on the basis of previous academic records and counseling provided that the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria. There will be no scholarships for students of these programmes.
Selection Procedure for Integrated M.Sc
- The provisional selection will be made on merit based on marks obtained by the candidates in Class 12 / Intermediate / equivalent qualifying examination. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements (see Eligibility Criteria).
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for documents verification cum admission based on their merit and data submitted by the candidates on their application forms for the 1st round. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
- The waitlisted candidates or candidates not called in the 1st round may be called for documents verification cum admission process against the vacant seats, (if any), in successive rounds, as required. The same will also be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
List of Documents to be carried at the time reporting for Documents Verification cum Admission
Original of the following documents/certificates: Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for Admission cum Document Verification as well as one set of photocopies:
- Pass certificate of Class X (for age proof)
- Marksheet of Class X
- Marksheet of Class XII / Intermediate or equivalent
- Certificates and marksheets of Graduation / qualifying examination
Marksheets upto pre-final year for appearing candidates of graduation / qualifying examination in 2019. They must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a). by 30 June 2019, he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her qualifying degree.
b). He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distancelearning programmes must carry proof of pass certificate, marksheets of qualifying examination and approval of DEC (Distance Education Council).
- GATE 2017 / GATE 2018 / GATE 2019 Admit card and Score card for M.E. / M.Tech. and MUP programmes (if applicable).
- GPAT 2018 / GPAT 2019 Admit card and Score card for M.Pharm. programme (if applicable)
- Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) should be in proper format and signed by appropriate authority.
- GPA to Percentage Conversion formula duly attested by Head of the Institute/ Principal/ HOD (in case, procedure for calculation of percentage of marks not mention on marksheet).
- One passport size photograph, identical to the photograph uploaded during filling of online application form.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, College ID, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
- M.Sc in Biotechnology (Bio-Engineering) – 30
- M.Sc in Chemistry (Chemistry) – 15
- M.Sc in Geoinformatics (Remote Sensing) – 20
- M.Sc in Mathematics (Mathematics) – 15
- M.Sc in Physics (Physics) – 15
For Integrated M.Sc
- Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry – 40
- Integrated M.Sc. in Food Technology – 30
- Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics & Computing – 80
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics – 60
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (5%).
- Upto 1 seat at all campuses in each programme is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At Mesra 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates from Jharkhand State, and the remaining 50% of the total seats are distributed in the rest of the states. The domicile of a candidate for the purpose shall be determined on the basis of place of passing his/her qualifying examination (the location of his/her Institute).
[In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group].
Click here to check the previous year fee structure general reference for qualified candidates.
For Integrated M.Sc
Fee payable at the time of admission and in each subsequent semester
- Hostel mess charges will range from approximately Rs.2,500/- to Rs.3,000/- per month. Students will be required to deposit Hostel Caution Money* (One Time only – Refundable) of Rs.5,000/- .They will also be required to pay suitable mess advance at the beginning of each semester, which will be adjusted against their mess charges. For the session July 2019, this mess advance* will be Rs.20,000/- [ total of Rs. 25,000/-] *Hostel Caution Money (One Time only – Refundable) and Hostel Mess Advance (each semester) are payable by crossed Demand Draft in favour of “BIT Welfare Society” payable at Ranchi.
- All other payments must be made online through State Bank Collect. For details, please go through the instructions given on the Institute website. [Candidate may use the net banking or credit card payment through any nationalized bank].
- Students will be expected to provide themselves with stationery and textbooks, etc, as prescribed for different subjects.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees and other charges at any stage.
- For rules regarding the refund of fees on withdrawal, please see separate Notice on Notice Boards.
Official website: www.bitmesra.ac.in.
For more details regarding BIT Mesra M.Sc and Integrated M.Sc 2020, candidates can refer the previous year Brochure-
- For more details regarding M.Sc 2019 – Download Information brochure
- For more details regarding Integrated M.Sc 2019 – Download Information brochure