BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020: BIT Mesra has released the provisional candidate’s list for M.Tech and MUP program. BIT Mersa invited the interested candidates to take admission in M.Tech programs and eligible candidates can apply from the official website. Applicants should qualified GATE 2017 / GATE 2018 / GATE 2020. Non-GATE candidates may also apply. This page covers admission for Postgraduate programs to the following postgraduate programs of the Birla Institute of Technology. Get here the complete details of BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020, from this page.
Latest: BIT Mesra has announced the Provisional Selection Lists for M.Tech. & MUP Programs. Scroll down to check.
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020
Get the required details regarding BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020 like selection list, Counselling, Spot Admission and other details related to BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020 here in this article. Let us go through some of the important dates of BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020.
|Filling of online form commences from||04 Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application|
|Date for notification of schedule for Written Test & Counselling|
|Lists of eligible candidates called for Counselling/Interview|
01 – 02 Jul 2020
|Dates for Written Test and Counselling|
|Classes will commence from at all Centres|
M.Tech programme in the following disciplines: [Duration: 2-year, 4-semester]
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Energy Technology
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Remote Sensing
- Software Engineering
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission Selection list
Provisional selection lists for various M.Tech courses has been released for the M.Tech courses by the BIT Mersa. Candidates can check the same from the official website as well as a direct link for the same is available.
- Click here to check the Provisional Selection Lists for M.Tech. & MUP Programs.
- Click here to check the list of candidates shortlisted for Counselling/ Interview for M.Tech Admission 2020.
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission Application Form
Application form for M.Tech admission in BIT Mesra for the academic year 2020-21 is released at the official website. The application form is available online at the official website. Candidates must fill the application form on or before its last date. Before filling and submitting your application form online, you are advised to carefully read the eligibility conditions for admission to the programme and satisfy yourself that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions.
- For General / OBC candidates Rs.2,500/-
- For SC/ST candidates Rs.1,500/-
Mode of Payment: Applicant should pay the application fee through ICICI payment Gateway (candidates may use net banking / debit card / credit card of any nationalized bank) till the last dat of application process
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the distinguished eligibility criteria for the BIT Mesra Admission 2020.
I) B.E. / B.Tech. / AMIE / MCA / equivalent degree in the appropriate disciplines / branches mentioned below for the respective courses, with a minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) in graduation / MCA.
II) M.Sc. / M.A. degree or equivalent in the appropriate disciplines / branches mentioned below for the respective courses with 55% (50% for SC/ST), after graduating with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification in 10+2+3 system from a recognized University.
- Candidates should preferably be GATE 2017 / GATE 2018 / GATE 2020 qualified. Non-GATE candidates may also apply. However, their applications will be considered only after applicants who have qualified in GATE have been considered for admission.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2020 can also apply and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of the counselling they must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by June 2020, he/she will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- He/she has obtained requisite marks [55% (50% for SC/ST) upto pre-final year / semester] or equivalent based on latest available grades / marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if:
- the programmes are recognized by the tripartite panel of AICTE-UGC-DEC,
- they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 55% marks in average (50% for SC/ST) calculated as per (I) above.
They must enclose a photocopy of pass certificate, marksheets of qualifying examination and proof of the programme recognized by the AICTE-UGC-DEC in the letterhead of the Institute / College / University with their application form. Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply.
Click here to check the complete eligibility criteria for BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020.
Eligible Candidates for Written Test and Counselling
Birla Institute of Technology will be released the list of candidates who are eligible for Written Test and Counselling to be held on as per schedule. Candidates can check the list from the official website Or through the links will be provided.
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission Selection Procedure
Selection Procedures for the M.Tech programs:
- GATE qualified candidates: Provisional selections to the M.Tech. and MUP programmes will be on the basis of scores obtained in GATE 2017 / GATE 2018 / GATE 2019, previous academic record and personal interviews / counselling, provided that the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned.
- Non-GATE candidates: Provisional selections of Non-GATE candidates will be on the basis of written test, previous academic record and counselling, provided that the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned. However, their admission will be considered only after applicants who have qualified in GATE 2017 / GATE 2018 / GATE 2019 have been considered and admitted, subject to the availability of seats. There will be no scholarships for these candidates. Syllabus of the test will be same as for GATE.
Spot Admission Against Vacant Seats
Notification has released against spot admission vacant seats in different categories as indicated below for the following full-time postgraduate programmes in M.Tech., M.Pharm., MUP and M.Sc. of the Institute, for the session 2020-21. Interested and eligible candidates can check the same from the link given below.
BIT Mesra M.Tech Seat Intake
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission Counselling
Counselling schedules and details of written tests (wherever applicable) for the above programmes will be announced, only on the Institute website and Notice Boards of concerned Centres. Candidates must visit the website periodically for updates and any other matter related to the admission procedures. No individual intimations will be sent to candidates.
List of Documents to be carried at the time reporting for Documents Verification cum Admission
Original of the following documents/certificates: Candidates must carry the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for Admission cum Document Verification as well as one set of photocopies:
- Pass certificate of Class X (for age proof)
- Marksheet of Class X
- Marksheet of Class XII / Intermediate or equivalent
- Certificates and marksheets of Graduation/qualifying examination
Marksheets up to a pre-final year for appearing candidates of graduation/qualifying examination in 2020. They must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
a). by June 30, 2020, he/she will have appeared for the examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her qualifying degree.
b). He/she has obtained requisite marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes must carry proof of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination and approval of DEC (Distance Education Council).
- Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) should be in proper format and signed by the appropriate authority.
- GPA to Percentage Conversion formula duly attested by Head of the Institute/ Principal/ HOD (in case, the procedure for calculation of the percentage of marks does not mention on mark sheet).
- One passport size photograph, identical to the photo uploaded during filling of the online application form.
- Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, College ID, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The requisite amount of academic fee is payable at the time of M.Tech Admission. The detail of fee structure is given below the image.
Official Website: bitmesra.ac.in.
To know more about BIT Mesra M.Tech Admission 2020, candidates can – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.