|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra announces BIT Mesra Ph.D admission 2018 for January (spring Season). The Institute offers Ph.D. programme twice in a year January / July in disciplines at Mesra and its Off Campuses. Candidates who are interesting in doing Ph.D from BIT, Mesra can check full information about Ph.D admission. Here you can check how to apply, eligibility criteria, importants points, result etc.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2018
BIT announces admissions full-time / part- time Ph.D. Programme in the following Departments: Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry. Important dates for the Ph.D admissions are given below.
|Filling of online form commences from||08 Nov 207|
|Last date to Apply Online||08 Dec 2017|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written Test and Interview||22 Dec 2017|
|DATE OF ENTRANCE TEST||03 Jan 2018|
|Interview of the selected candidates||04 Jan 2018|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List||06 Jan 2018|
|Admission by last date||12 Jan 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||16 Jan 2018|
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D Programme of the Institute.
- Candidates possessing M. Tech / M. E / M. Sc. (Engg.) / M. Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organisations and having ten years experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
Candidates who are interesting for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2018 can register / apply online by visiting the official website of BIT, Mesra. The Online registration process is started from November 08, 2017. The last date for registration is December 08, 2017. Candidates must apply for the BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2018 before the last date. Otherwise hs / her registration request will not be acceptable.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply / register online for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2018.
How to apply?
- Go to official website of BIT, Mesra.
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2018), eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,500/- (General candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed application form along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
- Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission (Session Spring 2018) on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves
that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- You may use one application form to apply for Ph.D. in ONLY one Department.
- Please use separate application forms to apply for two or more Departments. Each application form must be complete in all respects and sent in a separate envelope along with all required enclosures as above.
- Candidates may apply for the Ph.D. programme in a maximum of three Departments.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will be held on 3 January 2018 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215. The Ph.D. Entrance Test on 3 January 2018 would consist of 2 parts
a) General Aptitude Test common to all applicants, from 9:00 am to 10:30 am.
b) Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject, starts from
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for candidates applied for only one Department.
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm for candidates applied for two Departments.
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm & 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm for candidates applied for three Departments.
The interview process of the selected candidates will be conducted on the next day of the Entrance Test from 10:00 am onwards in the concerned Departments.
Syllabus for General Aptitude Test
- Click here to check syllabus for General Aptitude Test.
Syllabus for Subject Specific Test
- Click here to check Syllabus for Subject Specific Test.
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks, will be considered for final preparation of result as given below.
|Category of applicant||Aptitude Test (100)||Subject Test (100)||Academic Record (60)||Interview (40)||Total (300)|
|SC / ST||25%||25%||–||–||45%|
After the successfully completion of Exam and interviews BIT, Mesra will announce the result for Ph.D admissions. BIT, Mesra will release the result on January 06, 2017 Candidates who will appear in the exam can check their result by visiting the official website or you can check here when it is announced. Those candidates who pass the exam can only be allowed for interview process. Provisional selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified after the interview, on the Institute website and Notice Boards of the Institute only. Provisionally selected applicants will be required to take admission by the date specified; failing which vacant seats may be allotted to waitlisted applicants. The list of waitlisted applicants will also be announced on our website and Institute Notice Boards only. No separate intimation will be sent to applicants.
- All candidates in their own interest should keep photocopies of their completed forms for their own reference.
- The Department-wise list of eligible candidates with registration number will be displayed on
the Institute website before 7-10 days of Entrance Test.
- Candidates whose names appear in the lists may note their Registration Numbers and should come to attend the Test and Interview. They are advised to carry a photocopy of their completed
application form at the time of Test and Interviews. No individual intimation will be sent to
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists of eligible candidates, may contact the
Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or fax.
- Candidates must carry valid Photo identification at the time of Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
There are total 386 seats availability for various departments. Candidates can check the seat availability from here.
Official website of BIT, Mesra is www.bitmesra.ac.in.
For complete information, Download Admission Notification for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2018.