BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021 – BIT Mesra has released the Ph.D. Admission (Session Spring 2021) 3rd Provisional selection list. Candidates can check the selection list online at bitmesra.ac.in. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesr offers a Ph.D. program twice in a year January / July in disciplines at Mesra and its Off Campuses. For more information regarding BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 how to apply, eligibility criteria, important points, results, etc read the article below.
Latest: BIT Mesra has released 3rd Provisional Selection List for Ph.D. Program (Session Spring 2021). Scroll down to check it.
BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2021
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Important dates for the Ph.D. admissions 2021 are given below.
|Last date to Apply Online||31 Jan 2021|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written|
Test and Interview
|3 Feb 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test||08 Feb 2021|
|Date of Interview of eligible candidates||09 Feb 2021|
|Declaration of Result||12 Feb 2021|
|Release of 2nd Provisional Selection List for Ph.D. Program||22 Feb 2021|
|Release of 3rd Provisional Selection List for Ph.D. Program||24 Feb 2021|
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021 Selection List
BIT Mesra has released the Provisional Selection List for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2021. It is released online on the official website, which is bitmesra.ac.in. All provisionally selected applicants shall be required to pay the admission fee as prescribed schedule. The direct link to check the provisionally selection list is provided here.
Check Selection List:
– Click here to check the BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2021 3rd Provisional Selection List.
– Click here to check the BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2021 2nd Provisional Selection List.
– Click here to check the BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2021 Provisional Selection List.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Result
After the successful completion of the exam, Mesra has announced the result for Ph.D. admissions. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check their result by visiting the official website. Provisionally selected applicants are required to take admission by the date specified; failing which vacant seats may be allotted to wait-listed applicants. The list of wait-listed applicants will also be announced on our website and Institute Notice Boards only. No separate intimation will be sent to applicants.
Check Result: Click here to check the Ph.D. Admission (Session Spring 2021) Result of Online Entrance Examination
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Application Form
Candidates who are interesting in BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 can register/apply online by visiting the official website of BIT, Mesra. The Online registration process has started on January 14, 2021. The last date for registration is January 31, 2021. Candidates must apply for the BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 before the last date. Otherwise, his / her registration request will not be acceptable.
Application form process is over now.
How to apply
Candidates must read the full Admission Notification for Ph.D. Course
- Go to the official website of BIT, Mesra.
- To start the online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anybody else.
- To apply for the Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2020), eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on the Institute website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee through ICICI payment Gateway (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,500/- (General/OBC candidates) and Rs.1,500/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed application form along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on the internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
- Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission (Session Monsoon 2020) on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves
that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- You may use one application form to apply for Ph.D. in ONLY one Department.
- Please use separate application forms to apply for two or more Departments. Each application form must be complete in all respects and sent in a separate envelope along with all required enclosures as above.
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates must carry application form along with supporting documents in original and one set of photocopies of the same at the time of reporting for written test.
List of Enclosures Required to Be Sent Along with The Application Form:
Candidates must enclose photocopies of the following documents with the duly completed Application Form:
- Pass certificate and mark sheet of Class 10
- 2. Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- 3. Certificate and mark sheets of Graduation
- 4. Certificate and mark sheets of Post-Graduation
- 5. College Leaving Certificate
- 6. Migration Certificate
- 7. Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programs are recognized by the DEC-UGC-AICTE or MHRD, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks as given in eligibility criteria. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate (ii) pass certificate and mark sheets of qualifying examination with their application.
- 8. UGC-JRF / CSIR-NET / NBHM / DBT-JRF / GATE/GPAT / Any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. admit card and Scorecard (if applicable)
- 9. Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) in proper format (see below)
- 10. Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST)
- candidates (non-refundable)
- 11. NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities available to carry out the research work at their place of working (if applicable) for candidates employed in R&D organizations.
- 12. One recent color photograph – [same as uploaded on the form] and attached by the clip.
- 13. Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D Programme of the Institute.
- Candidates possessing M. Tech / M. E / M. Sc. (Engg.) / M. Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 80% or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for 3 years.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 would consist of 2 parts. Questions are subjective and objective type. There will be no negative marking. For each correct answer, a candidate will earn 2 marks. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given.
|a) General Aptitude Test common to all applicants||25|
|b) Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental|
knowledge in the subject
|Total||50 (90 min)|
Section A consists of analytical ability and logical reasoning. This section will test the logical reasoning and Visio-spatial reasoning abilities of the candidate.
Section B consists of the Test of English Language: (25 questions – Subjective and objective type). This section tests the competence of the English language.
Syllabus for Subject Specific Test
- Click here to check Syllabus for Subject Specific Test.
Candidates Called for Entrance Test and Interview
Provisional selection lists, along with procedures for admissions will be announced now, and selected candidates can check through the link provided below or on the Institute website and Notice Boards of the Institute only. No separate intimations have been sent to candidates. Provisionally selected candidates are required to take admission by the date given, failing which vacant seats may be allotted to wait-listed candidates. Candidates can able to check through the direct link shall be provided below.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Selection Procedures
Selection to the Ph.D. programs would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject-Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks will be considered for final preparation of result as given below.
|Category of applicant||Aptitude Test (100)||Subject Test (100)||Academic Record (60)||Interview (40)||Total (300)|
|SC / ST||25%||25%||–||–||45%|
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
There are total seats availability for various departments. Candidates can check the seat availability from here.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure for BIT Mesra Ph.D. admission 2021 is given below.
Official website: bitmesra.ac.in.
For complete information, for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2021 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.