BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 – Admission into Ph.D. (full time/part-time) is done through online entrance test. The test will be going to be conducted on December 14, 2021. After the entrance test, the qualified candidates have to appear for the interview. To apply for BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2022, the candidates who have done Master’s with minimum 60% marks and Bachelor’s with minimum 80% marks can apply. Check more details about BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2022 from this page such as eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc.
Latest: BIT Mesra has started the admission to spring session 2022. Scroll down to check it.
BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2022
Selection into Ph.D. program is based on the performance in the online entrance test, previous academic career and interview. Only such candidates who obtain the minimum marks in the online entrance test and the indicated total marks shall be considered for the final preparation of the result. Check the important dates for BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2022.
BIT Mesra Dates for Ph.D Spring 2022 Session
|Online Application starts||28 Oct 2021|
|Last date to Apply Online||30 Nov 2021|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written|
Test and Interview
|06 Dec 2021|
|Date of Entrance Test||14 Dec 2021|
|Date of Interview of eligible candidates||15 Dec 2021|
|Declaration of Result||17 Dec 2021|
|Admission Starts on||20 Dec 2021|
BIT Mesra 2022- An Overview
|Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technology|
|Exam Name||BIT MESRA|
|Full name||Birla Institute of Technology|
|Category of Article||Ph.D Admission|
|Application Mode||Online mode|
|Exam Mode||Online mode|
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Application Form
Candidates who are interested in BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 can register/apply online by visiting the official website of BIT, Mesra. Make sure all the details entered in the application form are correct. Also, note that after the submission of the application form, please take a printout of it so that it could be used for the verification of documents at a later stage.
To apply for the Ph.D. programme eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online. Fee once remitted will not be refunded again.
|GEN / OBC||Rs 2500|
|SC / ST||Rs 1500|
Mode of Payment: The candidates can pay the application fee using debit card / credit card / net banking.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 How to Apply?
- First of all, click on the link of the application form given above.
- Next, enter name, email id and mobile number. Then, enter the OTP and create the password.
- After this, sign in. Now, the dashboard will open. Then, enter the personal details, address details, photograph and signature details, and educational details.
- Then, pay the application fee.
- Next, upload the documents.
- Lastly, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
List of documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Scanned copies of coloured photograph & signature
- Scanned copies of passing certificate and qualifying mark sheet
- Scanned copies of entrance examination scorecard
- Scanned copies of birth certificate
- Caste certificate, Category certificate (if applicable)
Click Here to check BIT Mesra Ph.D 2022 application form filling details.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D Programme of the Institute.
- Candidates possessing M. Tech / M. E / M. Sc. (Engg.) / M. Arch / M.Pharm / M.Plan / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch / B.Plan or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 80% or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE / GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, besides fulfilling the above criteria. In addition, such candidates should have valid sponsorship at least for 3 years.
Note: For SC / ST candidates, there will be relaxation of 5%.
Who all are exempted from the test? The candidates who have done UGC-CSIR/DBT/BINC/ICMR-JRF and all other similar India fellowships based on a written test for Ph.D admission may be exempted from the entrance test but shall be required to appear for the interview.
BIT Mesra Ph.D 2022 Fellowship
A limited number of Institute Research Fellowship (IRF) with fellowship amount of Rs 25,000 per month for the first 2 years are available and Rs 28,000 for the next two years depending on the performance. Minimum marks required for IRF varies across the departments and department wise marks are decided by a committee.
These IRFs are distributed based on the performance of admission test, academic career and interview. It is mandatory to appear for Ph.D admission test in order to be applicable for IRFs.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Departments Offering Ph.D Program
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Science & Technology
- Production Engineering
- Space Engineering & Rocketing
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Documents Required at the time of Admission
These are the following documents that required at the time of admission. Check the following stuff which are given below:
- Pass certificate and Marksheet of Class 10 (bearing date of birth)
- College Leaving Certificate
- Marksheet of Class 12th or equivalent
- Certificate and Marksheets of Graduation
- Certificate and Marksheets of Post-graduation
- Caste certificate/special category certificate (if applicable) in proper format, signed by appropriate authority.
- Migration Certificate
- Sponsorship letter, NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities available to carry out the research work at their place of working (if applicable) for Sponsored / Part- Time candidates.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for BIT Mesra Ph.D admission 2022 given below.
- Duration of the test: The test is of 1 hour duration
- Pattern of question: The test comprises multiple-choice questions
- Total no. of questions: There are total 50 questions in the test.
- Marking scheme: For each question, 02 marks will be awarded. There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Distribution of questions
|Particulars||Distribution of marks|
|Applied Subject / Domain / Department Specific||70|
- The online entrance test can be given from computer, tablet or smartphone using the sent link
- The candidates can give the test from home or any other suitable place
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Selection Procedures
Selection to the Ph.D. programs would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject-Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks will be considered for final preparation of result .
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Seat Matrix
There are total seats availability for various departments. Candidates can check the seat availability from here.
Mesra [Main Campus]
|Department||No. of vacancies|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||13|
|Computer Science & Engineering||27|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||5|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||30|
|Pharmaceutical Science & Technology||15|
|Space Engineering & Rocketry||10|
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Result
After the successful completion of the exam, BIT Mesra will be announced the result for Ph.D. admissions. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check their result by visiting the official website. Provisionally selected applicants are required to take admission by the date specified; failing which vacant seats may be allotted to wait-listed applicants. The list of wait-listed applicants will also be announced on our website and Institute Notice Boards only. No separate intimation will be sent to applicants.
BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 Fee Structure
The fee structure for BIT Mesra Ph.D. admission 2022 is given below. (This fee structure as per previous year )
Official website: bitmesra.ac.in
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835 215
Tollfree: 18003457057, 18003457058
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
For complete information, for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2022 –
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.