Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra announces BIT Mesra Ph.D admission 2019 for January (Spring Season). The Institute offers Ph.D. programme twice in a year January / July in disciplines at Mesra and its Off Campuses. Candidates can now apply for January Session, as the process of application filling has started. Candidates who are interesting in doing Ph.D from BIT, Mesra can check full information about Ph.D admission. Here you can check how to apply, eligibility criteria, important points, result etc.
BIT Mesra Ph.D Admission 2019
BIT announces admissions full-time/part-time Ph.D. Programme in the following Departments: Architecture, Bio-Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science & Technology, Physics, Production Engineering, Remote Sensing and Space Engineering & Rocketry. Important dates for the Ph.D. admissions are given below.
|Filling of online form commences from||19 Sep 2018|
|Last date to Apply Online||12 Nov 2018|
|Last date of receiving of completed filled-in Application
Forms at BIT, Mesra
|19 Nov 2018|
|Display of list of eligible candidates to be called of Written
Test and Interview
|Date of Entrance Test||17 Dec 2018|
|Interview of the selected candidates||18 Dec 2018|
|Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List on the Institute
website / Notice Boards
|19 Dec 2018|
|Admission||20 to 24 Dec 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||10 Jan 2019|
After the successful completion of Exam and interviews BIT, Mesra has announced the result for Ph.D admissions. Candidates who appeared in the exam can check their result by visiting the official website or you can check here from the given link below. The provisional selection list for Ph.D. has been released. Provisionally selected applicants are required to take admission by the date specified; failing which vacant seats may be allotted to wait-listed applicants. The list of wait-listed applicants will also be announced on our website and Institute Notice Boards only. No separate intimation will be sent to applicants.
- Click here to check the list of candidates selected for Institute Research Fellowship (IRF).
- Click here to check the list of provisionally selected candidates for the Ph.D. programme.
Shortlisted Candidates for Entrance test/ Interview
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra has announced list of candidates called for interview and entrance test has been released. BIT Mersa has prepared Department wise list of candidates. List is updated in the PDF format. Candidates can check the List from the official website or through the direct link available below.
- Click here to check the Entrance Test Result for Ph.D. Admission (Session Spring 2019).
- Click here to check the Corrigendum regarding Ph.D. Entrance Examination Result (Session Spring 2019).
- Click here to check the supplementary list of candidates called for Ph.D. entrance test.
- Click here to check the department wise list of eligible candidates called for Entrance Test and Interviews.
Candidates who are interesting for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2019 can register/apply online by visiting the official website of BIT, Mesra. The Online registration process has started from September 19, 2018. The last date for registration is November 12, 2018. Candidates must apply for the BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2019 before the last date. Otherwise, his / her registration request will not be acceptable.
- Application Process Over!!
How to apply
Candidates must read the full Admission Notification for Ph.D. Course (Session Spring 2019)
- Go to official website of BIT, Mesra.
- To start the online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with anybody else.
- To apply for the Ph.D. programme (Session Spring 2019), eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.2,950/- (General candidates) and Rs.1,770/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed application form along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
- Write “Application for Ph.D. Admission (Session Monsoon 2019) on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves
that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
- You may use one application form to apply for Ph.D. in ONLY one Department.
- Please use separate application forms to apply for two or more Departments. Each application form must be complete in all respects and sent in a separate envelope along with all required enclosures as above.
- Candidates may apply for the Ph.D. programme in a maximum of three Departments.
List of Enclosures Required to Be Sent Along with The Application Form:
Candidates must enclose photocopies of the following documents with the duly completed Application Form:
1. Pass certificate and mark sheet of Class 10
2. Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
3. Certificate and mark sheets of Graduation
4. Certificate and mark sheets of Post-Graduation
5. College Leaving Certificate
6. Migration Certificate
7. Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programmes are eligible only if (a) they acquired such qualifications as working professionals / while in employment, (b) the programmes are recognized by the DEC-UGC-AICTE or MHRD, (c) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks as given in eligibility criteria. They must enclose photocopies of (i) work experience certificate (ii) pass certificate and mark sheets of qualifying examination with their application.
8. UGC-JRF / CSIR-NET / NBHM / DBT-JRF / GATE/GPAT / Any other national level test for pursuing Ph.D. admit card and Scorecard (if applicable)
9. Caste certificate / special category certificate (if applicable) in proper format (see below)
10. Payment receipt towards application fee of Rs.2,500/- (General) and Rs.1,500/- (SC/ST)
11. NOC, Experience Certificate and Facilities available to carry out the research work at their place of working (if applicable) for candidates employed in R&D organizations.
12. One recent color photograph – [same as uploaded on the form] and attached by the clip.
13. Photo identification: (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable)
Candidates with the following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph. D Programme of the Institute.
- Candidates possessing M. Tech / M. E / M. Sc. (Engg.) / M. Arch / M.Pharm / M.Sc. / MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University / Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Candidates possessing B. Tech/ B. E/ B. Sc. (Engg.)/ B.Pharm/ B. Arch or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/ Institute with minimum 70% or 7.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination and employed in R&D organizations and having ten years experience with good research credentials are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test will be held on December 17, 2018 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Institute Main Building in the Institute’s Campus at Mesra, Ranchi- 835215. The Ph.D. Entrance Test on December 17, 2018 would consist of 2 parts
a) General Aptitude Test common to all applicants, from 9:00 am to 10:30 am.
b) Subject Specific Tests to examine basic fundamental knowledge in the subject starts from
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm for candidates applied for only one Department.
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm for candidates applied for two Departments.
• 11:00 am to 1:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm & 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm for candidates applied for three Departments.
The interview process of the selected candidates will be conducted on December 18, 2018 from 10:00 am on wards in the concerned Departments.
Syllabus for Subject Specific Test
- Click here to check Syllabus for Subject Specific Test.
Selection to the Ph.D. programmes would be based on performance in a Written Test, Previous academic record and an Interview. Only such candidates, who obtain the minimum required marks in Aptitude Test, Subject Specific Test and the indicated total percentage of marks will be considered for final preparation of result as given below.
|Category of applicant||Aptitude Test (100)||Subject Test (100)||Academic Record (60)||Interview (40)||Total (300)|
|SC / ST||25%||25%||–||–||45%|
There are total seats availability for various departments. Candidates can check the seat availability from here.
Candidates Called for Entrance Test and Interview
Provisional selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be announced on or before December 19, 2018 and selected candidates can check through the link provided below or on the Institute website and Notice Boards of the Institute only. No separate intimations have been sent to candidates. Provisionally selected candidates are required to take admission by the date given, failing which vacant seats may be allotted to wait-listed candidates. Candidates will be able to check through the direct link that will be provided below.
- All candidates in their own interest should keep photocopies of their completed forms for their own reference.
- The Department-wise list of eligible candidates with registration number will be displayed on
the Institute website before 7-10 days of Entrance Test.
- Candidates whose names appear in the lists may note their Registration Numbers and should come to attend the Test and Interview. They are advised to carry a photocopy of their completed
application form at the time of Test and Interviews. No individual intimation will be sent to
- No Admit Card will be issued to candidates.
- Candidates whose names do not appear in the lists of eligible candidates may contact the
Admissions Office at Mesra by telephone or fax.
- Candidates must carry valid Photo identification at the time of Written Test. (Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Employee Identification Card are acceptable).
Official website of BIT, Mesra is www.bitmesra.ac.in.
For complete information, for BIT Mesra Ph.D. Admission 2019- Download Information Broucher