Birla Institute of Technology & Science offers admission to Ph. D. programmes at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme for Second Semester 2017-18. Interested candidates have to fill an online application form and then submit before the last date. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview process and then finally selected candidates will be given admission to PhD programme at BITS Pilani. Candidates who are seeking admission to PhD programmes read all the details about BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2017 like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc. on this page.
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2017
BITS Pilani invites application for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during Second Semester 2017-18
|Departments||BITS Pilani campus at|
|Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Economics & Finance||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Yes- A department does intend to admit student under specific scheme
- No/NA- A department does not intend to admit student under specific scheme
|Last date for completed application form to reach admission office||14 Dec 2017|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates||20 Dec 2017|
|Test / Interviews||04 Jan 2018|
|Result & Announcement of admission offers to PhD Programmes||06 Jan 2018|
|Reporting of Selected students at respective campuses||12 Jan 2018|
|Registration for courses||13 Jan 2018|
The result of Test / Interviews held on January 04, 2018 has been announced by Birla Institute of Technology & Science. Candidates can check the result from the official website OR through the direct link provided below.
Result: Click Here to check the result of Test / Interviews.
Birla Institute of Technology & Science has announced shortlisted candidates for Test / Interviews to be held on January 04, 2018. The shortlisted candidate should report to the respective campuses. Candidates can check the shortlisting result from the official website Or through the direct link provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click Here to check Shortlisting Result.
Application Form 2017
Candidates can fill the online application form as per the schedule. Candidates must check their eligibility before going to apply whether he/she is eligible or not?
- Apply Online – Process Over..!!
To check the Application status of BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2017 – Click Here
Instruction to fill application form
- Carefully read the instructions and eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply online.
- Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication
- After completing the form online, you will be asked to take print outs of the filled form. You should take two copies of the print out, complete the form and send one copy of the same with the proof of fee payment by registered post /speed post to ‘Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan – 333 031 (India)’ so as to reach on or before 5:00 PM 14th December 2017. You should keep the second copy with you for your reference.
- After sending the application form by post, please check the status of your application at http://www.bitsadmission.com/ and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a printer attached to the computer, you can go to the printout page again by entering the personal details and the application number.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the tool bar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- When you are ready to apply online, you can click the Apply Online link given above.
The application fee is Rs. 2200/-. The fee payment can be made in one of the following modes:
- Payment by Credit Cards (All credit cards issued by Master and Visa) or Payment by debit Cards (Debit cards issued by VISA of select banks, namely (Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Barclays Bank, Canara Bank, City Union Bank, Corporation Bank, Deutsche Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IOB Bank, Kotak bank, Standard Chartered, SBI, Syndicate bank, Federal Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, GE Money financial services.)
- Payment through Net Banking (Allahabad Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Rajasthan, Corporation Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Karnataka Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, South Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank, Yes Bank, Citi Bank).
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches through a challan which is to be printed from this website while registering if you choose challan mode of Payment.
Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Full-time students: Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D. Short listed candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
Part-time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
Assistantship (Fee Waiver and Stipend): Those admitted to full time PhD programme will be considered for Project/Research Assistantships upto Rs. 25,000/- per month. Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Biological Science/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis and Research Aptitude. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 1 hr time. Each correct answer will awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus as given below. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 2 hr time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Languages/Humanistic Studies/Economics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I will comprise of the following components:
Reading Comprehension: 2 Passages (5Qs each=10 Qs 20 mts Logical Reasoning 10 question 10 mts Analytical Reasoning 15 question 15 mts General Awareness 10 question 15 mts 50 Qs. 60 mts
- Test-II will be discipline specific (60 questions)
Candidates shortlisted for Test in Pharmacy: The Pharmacy test would be a 2 Hours test consisting of two parts. Part-A would be common to all and would consist of questions in general Pharmacy subjects and Part-B will be based on subject taken by students in their MPharm Degree Program
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D. program in the Department of Management will be required to take a written case analysis (Duration: 1 hour)
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D. program in the Department of CSIS with highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written test.
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D. program in the Department of Chemical Engineering with highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written test.
Based on the tests there may be shortlisting of candidates for Interview
For complete details of BITS Pilani PhD Admission(Second Semester) 2017 – Download Information Brochure.