BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021-22 – Birla Institute of Technology & Science will release the second list for waitlisted candidates admission to PhD programmes at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad on September 02, 2021. In view of the existing uncertain situation, this year’s admission to the Ph.D program of BITS Pilani is based on Online-Interviews only. There will be no written test and an interview schedule is announced. Along with this, the shortlisted candidates list for Ph.D interview has been released. Applications are invited for admission to the PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme for First Semester 2021-22. Want to know more about BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission? Read all the information given on this page below.
Latest: BITS Pilani will release the second list for waitlisted candidates for admission to PhD programmes at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad on September 02, 2021. Stay here for the latest updates.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022
BITS Pilani invited application for admission to Ph.D programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during First Semester 2021-22.
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical
- Science: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
- Economics & Finance, Humanities & Social Sciences, Management
Candidates can check the important dates and events related to BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 below.
|BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022||Dates|
|Admission Portal Open||26 Jun 2021|
|Last Date for filling application form online||30 Jul 2021 up to 5:00 pm|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates for Interview||31 Jul 2021|
|Interview||09 to 16 Aug 2021|
|Announcement of admission offers to PhD|
Programmes (on BITS admission website)
|23 Aug 2021|
|Reporting of selected students in respective Campus||30 Aug 2021|
|Registration||01 Sep 2021|
|Second list for waitlisted candidates declares on||02 Sep 2021|
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission Offer 2021
BITS Pilani has released the Ph.D. admission offer for the 2021-2022 session. Candidates can check the Ph.D. admission offer by using the application number and password. The direct link to check the Ph.D. admission offer is provided below.
Admission Offer: Click here to check the BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission Offer 2021.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022 Shortlisted Candidates for Interview
BITS Pilani has released the shortlisted candidate’s list for Ph.D interview at bitsat.cbexams.com. To check the shortlisted candidate’s list, candidates have to enter the BITS PhD Application Number, Password and Email ID. The direct link to check the same is provided below.
Shortlisted Candidates for Interview: Click here to check the BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022 Shortlisted Candidates for Interview.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022 Application Form
Candidates can fill the online application form as per the schedule. Candidates must check their eligibility before going to apply whether he/she is eligible or not. Candidates can apply online from the official website or directly from the link provided below for the sake of candidates.
Apply Online: Click here to apply for BITS Pilani Ph.D. Admission 2021 – 2022 Application Form
Instruction to fill Application Form
- Carefully read the instructions and eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply online.
- Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- After reading the carefully instructions , now you will be click on the ‘ Allow me to apply online’ at the bottom page.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication
- Last date for applying by completing the online application from along with given fee is 5:00 PM on the 26 Jul 2021. not required the application from printout by post.
- After completing the form online, you can take a print out of the filled-in form. You can keep it at yourself for any future reference.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the toolbar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- When you are ready to apply online, you can click the Apply Online link given above.
The application fee is Rs. 2600/- (non-refundable). The fee payment can be made in one of the following modes:
- Payment using PayU Money Payment Gateway: Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI
- Payment using PayTM Payment Gateway: Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI
Please note that any financial information such as Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking details are not captured by the BITS server while making online payment.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with the minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme. In addition, Departments may set specific admission criteria for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an admission test, which may comprise of a written exam and/or interview. Candidates admitted with qualifications like M.Sc., B.E., B.Pharm. etc., will be required to do course work on admission to the programme.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2021 – 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Biological Science / Chemistry / Mathematics /Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline-specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis, and Research Aptitude. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 1 hr time. Each correct answer will award two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus as given below. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 2 hr time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Languages/Humanistic Studies/Economics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline-specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I will comprise of the following components:
Reading Comprehension: 2 Passages (5Qs each=10 Qs 20 mts Logical Reasoning 10 question 10 mts Analytical Reasoning 15 question 15 mts General Awareness 15 question 15 mts Total 50 Qs. 60 mts
- Test-II will be discipline-specific (60 questions)
Test-II for candidates shortlisted in Humanities & Social Sciences will be discipline specific and subjective in nature.
Candidates with a M.Phil. degree or with fellowships like CSIR NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC NET-JRF etc. are exempted from taking the above test.
All Candidates shortlisted for the PhD programme in the Department of Management will be required to take a written test of duration 1 hr. The nature of the written test will be application based in the areas of general management to test basic technical knowledge, research aptitude and research orientation.
Candidates with a B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree, if shortlisted, will be required to take a written test.
Based on the test results, there may be shortlisting of candidates for Interview.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”. The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla. It got started in early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
For complete details of BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission (First Semester), 2021 – 2022 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.