BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission – Birla Institute of Technology & Science offers admission to Ph.D programmes at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme for First Semester 2020-21. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview process and then finally selected candidates will be given admission to Ph.D programme at BITS Pilani. Want to know more about BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission? Read all the information given on this page below.
– BITS Pilani has made an announcement of admission offers to Ph.D Programmes on October 10, 2020. Scroll down to check.
– BITS Pilani has declared the Shortlisting results for Sem – 1. Scroll down to check.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020
BITS Pilani invited application for admission to Ph.D programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during First Semester 2019-20. Candidates can check the important dates and events related to BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 below.
|BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020||Dates|
|Admission Portal Open||03 Jun 2020|
|Last Date for filling application form online|
|Edit Application Form||21 – 22 Jul 2020|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates||Released|
|Test/Interview||21 Sep – 05 Oct 2020|
|Announcement of admission offers to PhD|
Programmes (on BITS admission website)
|10 Oct 2020|
|Reporting of selected students in respective Campus||to be announced|
|Registration||to be announced|
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Interview Schedule
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Shortlisting Result for Test and/or Interview
The shortlisting result for Test and/or Interview for admission to Full Time/Part Time Ph.D program at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses for First Semester 2020-21 has been announced by the BITS deemed to be University. The shortlisting result for Test and/or Interview for admission to Full Time/Part Time Ph.D program at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses for 1st Semester 2020-21. The shortlisted candidates must report at the respective campuses for test and/or interview on the prescribed date.
Check Result: Click here to check the BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Shortlisting Result.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form Extended
Last date to receive online applications for admission to the BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 along with application fee payment is extended up to July 10, 2020. Check the official detail is given below image.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill the online application form as per the schedule. Candidates must check their eligibility before going to apply whether he/she is eligible or not. Candidates can apply online from the official website or directly from the link provided below for the sake of candidates.
Instruction to fill Application Form
- Carefully read the instructions and eligibility conditions before proceeding to apply online.
- Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- After reading the carefully instructions , now you will be click on the ‘ Allow me to apply online’ at the bottom page.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication
- Last date for applying by completing the online application from along with given fee is 5:00 PM on the 16 May 2019. not required the application from printout by post.
- After successfully submitting application form, please check the status of your application at www.bitsadmission.com and follow the instructions.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the toolbar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
- When you are ready to apply online, you can click the Apply Online link given above.
The expected application fee is Rs. 2600/- (non-refundable). The fee payment can be made in one of the following modes:
- Payment by Credit Cards or Debit Cards using online Payment Gateway: (All credit cards issued by Master and Visa) or Payment by debit Cards (Debit cards issued by VISA of select banks, namely (Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Barclays Bank, Canara Bank, City Union Bank, Corporation Bank, Deutsche Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IOB Bank, Kotak bank, Standard Chartered, SBI, Syndicate Bank, Federal Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, GE Money financial services).
- Payment through Net Banking (Allahabad Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Rajasthan, Corporation Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Karnataka Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, South Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank, Yes Bank, Citi Bank).
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches through a challan which is to be printed from this website while registering if you choose challan mode of Payment.
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards using PayTM: Candidate make payment through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking and PayTM Wallet.
Note: Application Fee provided here is based on the last year’s information brochure. It will be updates as soon as the new brochure will get released.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Biological Science / Chemistry / Mathematics /Physics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline-specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I question paper consists of 30 multiple-choice type questions pertaining to General Science, Quantitative Reasoning & Analysis, and Research Aptitude. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 1 hr time. Each correct answer will award two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Test-II will be subject-based and will consist of 70 multiple-choice type questions covering the prescribed syllabus as given below. The candidate is required to answer all the questions in allotted 2 hr time. Each correct answer will be awarded two marks. 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Candidates shortlisted for Test in any of the following disciplines: Languages/Humanistic Studies/Economics will have to write two tests. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline-specific. The details of the tests are as follows:
- Test-I will comprise of the following components:
Reading Comprehension: 2 Passages (5Qs each=10 Qs 20 mts Logical Reasoning 10 question 10 mts Analytical Reasoning 15 question 15 mts General Awareness 10 question 15 mts Total 50 Qs. 60 mts
- Test-II will be discipline-specific (60 questions)
Candidates shortlisted for Test in Pharmacy: The Pharmacy test would be a 2 Hours test consisting of two parts. Part-A would be common to all and would consist of questions in general Pharmacy subjects and Part-B will be based on the subject taken by students in their MPharm Degree Program
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D program in the Department of Management will be required to take a written case analysis (Duration: 1 hour)
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D program in the Department of CSIS with the highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written the test.
Candidates appearing for interview for Ph.D program in the Department of Chemical Engineering with the highest degree as BE will be required to take a 2 hours objective type written the test.
Based on the tests there may be shortlisting of candidates for Interview.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination. Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with the minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
Full-time students: Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D Shortlisted candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
Part-time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
Assistantship (Fee Waiver and Stipend): Those admitted to full-time PhD programme will be considered for Project/Research Assistantships up to Rs. 25,000/- per month. Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Result
The result of Test / Interviews will be announced by Birla Institute of Technology & Science. Candidates will be able to check their result from the official website OR through the direct link which will be provided here when officially announced. Candidates are advised to check this website regularly. No written communication will be sent to candidates.
BITS Pilani Ph.D Admission 2020 Admission Fees
Candidates can check the Admission Fee for the Indian Candidates below.
Candidates can check the Admission Fees for the Dubai Candidates below
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to “train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information”. The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla. It got started in early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.