Important Topics for BITSAT Preparation – Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conducts an examination for the candidates who want to pursue Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) as their undergraduate course. The examination is commonly known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT). It is conducted in the online mode, wherein candidates are asked questions related to the physics, chemistry, mathematics, general english and logical reasoning. If you are appearing for BITSAT, check out the most important topics for BITSAT preparation here.
Important topics for BITSAT Preparation
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is conducted according to the syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The important topics and units for each subject are as follows:
Physics topics for BITSAT Preparation
Physics is generally considered to be the hardest amongst all the sections of the BTISAT syllabus. Candidates are advised to cover the entire syllabus as studying selectively can be risky. Some of the topics which are extremely important due to their high weightage in the exam are listed below:
|Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism||9%|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||5%|
|Work Energy Power||4%|
|Units, Dimensions Errors||3%|
- Heat & thermodynamics, Magnetism and Wave Motion are some of the topics which must be prepared thoroughly.
- In case you don’t have sufficient time, you can skip topics like vectors, physics of nucleus and circular motion as they don’t really fetch many questions in the exam.
Chemistry Topics for BITSAT Preparation
Some of the vital topics which fetch a god number of questions are tabulated below:
|Carboxylic Acid & its Derivatives||6%|
|Alkanes, Alkenes & Alkynes||5%|
|General Organic Chemistry||4%|
- Students are advised to begin with the topicslike chemical bonding, atomic structure, p-block elements, carboxylic acid & its derivatives, mole concepts, general organic chemistry etc.
- These topics generally fetch a good number of questions. While topics likeredox reactions, surface chemistry, solutions and polymers, the gaseous state should be practiced only once you are done with the rest of the syllabus.
Mathematics Topics for BITSAT Preparation
Coordinate geometry and algebra are the most scoring sections. Practicing questions from the previous year papers of BITSAT is a must in order to know the trend of questions asked in the exam. List of the important sections is given below:
|Pair of Straight Lines||6%|
|Continuity & Differentiability||6%|
|Theory of Equation||4%|
|Sets, Relations & Functions||4%|
|Properties of Triangles||3%|
|Application of Derivatives||3%|
- Circles, straight lines and vectors are some of the important topics.
- These topics are not very tough and fetch a god number of questions in the exam.
- Some of the topics which are not very important and can be skipped include mathematical induction, statistics and inverse trigonometry. They should be revised only if you are left with extra time.
English Proficiency for BITSAT Preparation
The English proficiency section is not very tough and tests the basic grammar of candidates. Questions range from simple synonyms and antonyms to comprehensions. It tests the comprehension ability of candidates.
|Synonyms & Antonyms||30%|
|One Word Substitution||15%|
|Rearrangement of Jumbled Words||15%|
|Rules of Conjunctions||3%|
Logical Reasoning for BITSAT Preparation
The section asks questions on interpretation of data,finding the missing words and completing the patterns.Candidates should be able to complete analogies and missing links, follow directions, classify words and establish sequences.This section basically tests the aptitude and problem solving ability of candidates.
|Figure Formation & Analysis||40%|
|Series Test (Numerical & Alphabetical)||10%|
|Paper folding and Cutting||7%|
|Detection of the Rule||5%|
- The lists provided above help you in getting acquainted with some of the important topics of each section.
- It is based on the weightage of various topics in the exam. However, there is no thumb rule for the important topics and hence students are advised to cover the entire syllabus of BITSAT.
How to Prepare for BITSAT?
The ratio of students appearing for BITSAT vs seats available is very high. This makes the competition really tough! It is important to adopt a correct strategy in the right direction so as to ace the exam with ease.
- Study syllabus: BITS exam has become challenging seeing the mounting competition. Around 70 candidates compete for a single seat every year! Hence, students are advised to cover the entire syllabus of BITSAT in order to come out with flying colors. Go through the syllabus carefully and see what are the important topics and chapters as per different subjects.
- Pick the best books: There are ample of books available for the engineering exams, but the books which have to be referred for the preparation of any exam must be the best ones where all the concepts are clear.
- Solve the previous year question papers and sample papers: For the practice, make use of the sample papers available on the official website and check if you can find out the previous year question papers.
- Understand the concepts: Do not mug up the points of any topics, make sure the concept are clear in your mind so that any problem comes up, it can be solved with much precision and understanding.
- Revise: Do not forget to revise the earlier studied concepts, make sure all the topics which you have covered are clear in your mind.
Adopt the appropriate strategy and work hard. Have faith in yourself and win this battle!
Birla Institute of Technology and Science is a private institute set up for educating students for various programmes. BITS has been established across three campuses in India and one campus in Dubai. Campuses in India are situated in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.BITS Pilani has been ranked between 801–1000 in the QS World University Rankings for the year 2020. The same rankings for the Asia had the ranking of 180 for BITS Pilani.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.