BITSAT Expert Preparation Tips to help you score big!
BITSAT is one of the top-notch engineering entrances of India. Majority of the engineering aspirants vying for a seat in elite engineering institutes take this exam. BITSAT score is the main and the only criteria for gaining admission in its three colleges in India at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
BITS Pilani entrance exam is quite similar to other engineering entrances like JEE Main and VITEEE. The only thing that makes it a bit tough is the fact that it is an online exam which is a headache. A computer based test scales down your problem solving speed and is arduous.
With BITS entrance exam just a few days away, it is time engineering aspirants pep-up their preparation for the exam. As quoted by Alexander Graham Bell, “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success“. Right preparation strategy is vital to outshine in such entrance exams.
We discuss some of the tips which can help you steer your preparation in the right direction
- Since BITSAT has five sections, one each on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning, so it is important to focus on each head.
- Spend sufficient time on analyzing the paper pattern, syllabus, and the weightage of various topics in the exam.
- Once you are done with the analysis, devise a time-table of the topics you wish to cover first. It is important to adhere to the time-table to be able to cover the syllabus in the stipulated time.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics carry equal weightage in the exam and henceall the three domains must be practiced well. Focus on all three but work harder on your weak areas.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR BITSAT
Some of the important topics which must be prepared well include:
- Physics: Heat & Thermodynamics, Magnetic Effect of current & Magnetism, Wave Motion, Current Electricity, Simple Harmonic Motion, Electrostatics, Wave Optics and fluids.
- Chemistry: Chemical Bonding, Atomic Structure, p-block elements, carboxylic Acid & its derivatives, Mole concepts, Biomolecules, Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, and Alkanes, Alkenes & Alkynes.
- Mathematics: Circles, Straight Lines, Pair of Straight Lines, Vectors, Continuity & Differentiability and Theory of equations.
- Logical Reasoning: Figure Formation & Analysis, Figure Matrix, Analogy Test, Numbers & Alphabetical Series Test and Logical Deduction.
- English Proficiency: Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence Completion, One Word Substitution and Rearrangement of Jumbled Words.
Note: The above topics will be important for other important engineering entrance exams as well like JEE and VITEEE. In case you don’t know about those exams already, here is a brief overview.
JEE is the Joint Entrance Exam held as JEE Main 2016 by CBSE and JEE Advanced by IITs. You can get admission in NITs, CFTIs and other govt engineering colleges through JEE Main ranks. Admission in IITs will be through JEE Advanced.
BITSAT Preparation Tips
- Try to study at least two subjects on daily basis so that you don’t get bored.
- Students are advised to consult the NCERT books as they cover almost the entire syllabus of BITSAT. After referring these books, you may consult other reference books.
- Referring too many books can lead to confusion. You are advised to cover the entire syllabus from one or two books. However, you may refer other books for practicing numerical.
- Conceptual clarity is a must. Majority of the questions asked in the exam are based on basic concepts and hence those with good fundamentals can crack the exam quite easily.
- It is important to cover the entire syllabus in order to remain competitive in BITSAT.
- Start with theory and once you have are done with it, move on to the numerical portion.Attempting numerical without covering the theory is waste of time.
- Once you have worked sufficiently well on all the three domains, you must work harder on your strongest portion. Like, if you are fond of mathematics, then try to hone up your skills so that you can attempt almost all questions of this section.
- Devote the morning hours to the tough subjects and evening hours to the ones which are comparatively simple.
- Use mnemonics to learn the concepts which seem to be arduous.
- Do not attempt to cram the concepts. Instead go into the intricacies and try to figure out why a particular method is plied in a particular question.
- Afternoon hours are lazy and hence try to attempt numerical during this time. This will avoid wastage of time.
- Keep preparing flash cards or revision notes during your preparation phase. This will prove fruitful in the last days.
- It is vital to attempt numerous BITSAT papers of previous years as they help in identifying the weak areas so that you can work on them.
- Since it is an online exam so it is important to get acquainted with the same. You must solve several mock tests on the system so that you don’t face any issue on the final day.
- Try to opt for shortcuts as it is important to have a good speed in the exam.
- Instead of trying to solve the question completely, try to eliminate the options to derive the solution. This is the best approach to crack such entrances.
- The sections on Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency must not be ignored. Refer good quality study material for the preparation of these sections too.
- BITSAT not only examines the subject knowledge but also tests language proficiency and aptitude. Majority of the aspirants work hard on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics but ignore English proficiency and Logical Reasoning. These two sections are equally important and in fact are more scoring as compared to the rest.
- Work hard on your calculations and speed. Good speed can help you get through quite easily.
- Recreation is equally important and hence aspirants are advised to practice some yoga and meditation. They help in relieving stress and regaining the lost energy.
- High morale and determination are extremely important. Visualize your success and faith in yourself. Keep your spirits high and you’ll surely win this race!