Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conducts BITSAT, an entrance examination conducted for admissions in various Undergraduate Engineering programs offered by BITS Pilani. There are three of four campuses of BITS in India (Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad) and the fourth campus is in Dubai. BITS is a private institute known among the 6 Indian ‘Institute of Eminence’ by the Indian government. It is popular for its Engineering, Pharmacy and Science programs. BITSAT is computer based test conducted online and is considered one of the most competitive entrance examinations.There is no rocket science in cracking a competitive exam. Students just have to be focused and stick to the basics. To help you score big in the exam, we have listed a few expert preparation tips.
BITAT Preparation Tips by Experts
The experts of the various coaching centers, schools, and the educational analysts have given some of the major tips that would help the candidates to streamline their preparations. The same is given via the points below:
- When studying Physics, make sure that all the formulas are at the tip of your fingers.
- For Chemistry, stick to the NCERT, you can’t go wrong with depending on NCERT for preparation of this or any other section. Move to other reference books only when you have covered your NCERT book. The syllabus is from you 11th and 12th class. The BITSAT syllabus is however predefined by BITS – Check here.
- When preparing for the Maths section, again, your formulas should be on your fingertips. Half of this section is formula based and the other half is concept based.
- Also, make practicing a habit. Practice makes a man perfect. It will come in handy when attempting the maths section
- Practicing all the BITSAT previous year questions is highly recommended. It gives you a fair idea about the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the examination.
- Practice your time management skills as much as you can. In any competitive examination, time is of great essence.
- Complete the easy topics before moving to the more difficult ones. Most of the topics in the syllabus are easy to solve and score. Covering the easy topics will build your confidence in your preparation which is equally important while writing any examination.
- Take up at least two topics in a day for learning and practicing so that it doesn’t get boring.
- It is suggested by many experts that you should attempt as many online mock tests as you can. It is more beneficial for those who are not familiar with online based examinations.
Tips by past years’ Toppers of BITSAT
The candidates can also check below the tips that some of the top scorers of BITSAT have shared over for your help:
- Speed and accuracy is the fundamental key to scoring the BITSAT. To increase your speed you need to practice with utmost devotion. Practicing daily will gradually increase your speed.
- Don’t underestimate the NCERT. Most of the syllabus is based upon the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th. It should be your first mode of preparation.
- Again, take as many mock tests as you can. Tests easily help you detect your weak points that have a scope of improvement.
- Don’t take the English and Logical Reasoning section lightly. Just like they are one of the easiest parts of the exam, they have the scope of scoring well too. Try not to lose any mark in this section.
- Be online exam ready. If you haven’t attempted an online exam before, it’s time to prepare for that too. Mock tests are one of introducing yourself with the online based examinations.
- Makes notes and revise them every day if possible. This will save you time in the end. Also, it’s practically tiring to revise everything when the exam is just 2-3 days away. There won’t be enough time to make any improvement.
- Identify your weak points and work harder on them. Also, keep going through what you already know the best.
Important Topics For BITSAT Preparation
Some of the important topics which must be prepared well include:
- Physics: Heat & Thermodynamics, Magnetic Effect of current & Magnetism, Wave Motion, Current Electricity, Simple Harmonic Motion, Electrostatics, Wave Optics and fluids.
- Chemistry: Chemical Bonding, Atomic Structure, p-block elements, carboxylic Acid & its derivatives, Mole concepts, Biomolecules, Electrochemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, and Alkanes, Alkenes & Alkynes.
- Mathematics: Circles, Straight Lines, Pair of Straight Lines, Vectors, Continuity & Differentiability and Theory of equations.
- Logical Reasoning: Figure Formation & Analysis, Figure Matrix, Analogy Test, Numbers & Alphabetical Series Test and Logical Deduction.
- English Proficiency: Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence Completion, One Word Substitution and Rearrangement of Jumbled Words.
Note: The above topics will be important for other important engineering entrance exams as well like JEE and VITEEE.
Bonus BITSAT Preparation Tips
- Try to study at least two subjects on a daily basis so that you don’t get bored.
- Students are advised to consult the NCERT books as they cover almost the entire syllabus of BITSAT. After referring these books, you may consult other reference books.
- Referring to too many books can lead to confusion. You are advised to cover the entire syllabus from one or two books. However, you may refer to other books for practicing numerical.
- Conceptual clarity is a must. Majority of the questions asked in the exam are based on basic concepts and hence those with good fundamentals can crack the exam quite easily.
- It is important to cover the entire syllabus in order to remain competitive in BITSAT.
- Start with theory and once you have are done with it, move on to the numerical portion. Attempting numerical without covering the theory is a waste of time.
- Once you have worked sufficiently well on all the three domains, you must work harder on your strongest portion. Like, if you are fond of mathematics, then try to hone up your skills so that you can attempt almost all questions of this section.
- Devote the morning hours to the tough subjects and evening hours to the ones which are comparatively simple.
- Use mnemonics to learn the concepts which seem to be arduous.
- Do not attempt to cram the concepts. Instead, go into the intricacies and try to figure out why a particular method is plied in a particular question.
- Afternoon hours are lazy and hence try to attempt numerical during this time. This will avoid wastage of time.
- Keep preparing flash cards or revision notes during your preparation phase. This will prove fruitful in the last days od BITSAT preparations.
- It is vital to attempt numerous BITSAT papers of previous years as they help in identifying the weak areas so that you can work on them.
- Since it is an online exam so it is important to get acquainted with the same. You must solve several mock tests on the system so that you don’t face any issue on the final day.
- Try to opt for shortcuts as it is important to have a good speed in the exam.
- Instead of trying to solve the question completely, try to eliminate the options to derive the solution. This is the best approach to crack such entrances.
- The sections on Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency must not be ignored. Refer good quality study material for the preparation of these sections too.
- BITSAT not only examines the subject knowledge but also tests language proficiency and aptitude. Majority of the aspirants work hard on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics but ignore English proficiency and Logical Reasoning. These two sections are equally important and in fact are more scoring as compared to the rest.
- Work hard on your calculations and speed. Good speed can help you get through quite easily.
- Recreation is equally important and hence aspirants are advised to practice some yoga and meditation. They help in relieving stress and regaining the lost energy.
- High morale and determination are extremely important. Visualize your success and faith in yourself. Keep your spirits high and you’ll surely win this race!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.