Aspirants who wish to gain entry in any campus of the BITS Pilani have to take the BITSAT Pilani entrance examination. It is conducted for admission into various Undergraduate Engineering programs. About 70 students compete for a single seat making it one of the most highly competitive exams in the country. BITS offers the highest technical education to students from all over the country.
Since we are talking about one of the biggest institutions of India and an exam that is extremely competitive, students need to put their best foot forward to get into the prestigious BITS Pilani. There is a different kind of anxiousness in the students as the examination date nears. Soon you realize that only one day is left in the exam. The usual reaction of a student is panicking however we have come up with a few Dos and Don’ts that you must follow one day before the exam which will help you a lot.
Top Dos – Before the Exam
Revise from your notes/ flash cards: It is usually recommended not to study a day before an exam. But if you are anxious, you might want to go through your notes and the flash cards you made during the preparation. Just glance through the important points so that you are satisfied with yourself.
Sample papers: Try to just go through the important questions. Don’t sit and start solving any numerical. It will only make you more nervous and might put your moral down.
Have a balanced meal: It is proven that eating healthy food helps in lifting your spirit. If your mood is jolly then it will show in your performance in the exam.
Do something entertaining: Again do things that make you relax or you enjoy doing. It can be as simple as listening to some music or stroll around. When our mind is happy, we make fewer mistakes. It helps in releasing stress.
Do breathing exercises: Practice some breathing exercises. Work on your breathing. You can do it in the morning on your examination day too. It is the easiest way to de-stress yourself.
Just relax: Being cramped up in your room with your nose in the books will not help you. Try to sit back and relax. Go for a walk or talk to your friend or family.
Visit your center: You can visit your exam center if you haven’t already. It will save you from any kind of delay on the day of your examination.
Sleep well: It is but possible for you to be restless in the night before the exam. Try to meditate or work on your breathing. Think happy thoughts and sleep at least good 8 hours.
Get Inspirations: The candidates can read some of the experiences of the toppers and experts to get a break. This way you will also a break and a dose of inspiration for the day of the exam.
Top Don’ts – Before the Exam
Avoid practicing Numericals: Try not to practice any numericals or any new topic from the BITSAT syllabus. That will make you more anxious and you will tend to make mistakes. This can bruise your confidence. Instead, go through the topics that are easy.
Don’t skip any meals: Skipping meals will only have a negative effect on your health. No matter how much you have prepared or not, don’t let it get you nauseous and avoid eating. In fact, eating will only help you settle your nerves.
Don’t panic: It will be better if you accept that the time for preparation is over and that you did your best. Panic will disrupt your focus and you will make more errors.
Avoid negative thoughts: Thinking negatively will not help you do your best. It will put your confidence down and make you doubt yourself. Instead, think positive thoughts.
Besides these Dos and Don’ts, there are a few more tips to follow on the day of the exam and during the exam. Students should read these carefully and abide by them.
Tips for the Exam Day
- Eat something light. Avoid heavy breakfast before the exam.
- Wear something comfortable. Avoid anything that makes you restless or uncomfortable.
- Make sure to reach the exam center 1 hour early. Don’t be too early, it will distract you and possibly make you more nervous. Don’t reach on the exact time, an emergency can arise any time and you won’t have time to recover.
- Be aware of all the stuff that needs to be carried to the center. Check the website for more accurate information. Don’t miss anything.
- Don’t discuss your preparation or the difficulty level of the exam with other students at the center. This can put your moral down as well as others’.
- Try to think positive thoughts before entering the exam room. Give yourself a good pep talk and have confidence in yourself.
Tips during the Exam
- Be very careful when filling the details in the exam
- Read the questions carefully and mark the ones you have done before. This will settle your nerves and give you a head start.
- Start with the easy questions first. Then move on to the moderate ones. Keep the difficult questions for the end. This will save you time and increase your chances of scoring well.
- Don’t leave the easy questions for the end. You might panic and mess up even those questions that you know the answers to.
- Aim for accuracy and not the numbers of questions you have attempted and are left to attempt.
- Follow the normal formulas and the pattern. Don’t experiment in your answers during the exam.
- Don’t tick any option in the exam. Otherwise, you can’t leave it unattended.
- Avoid bubbling mistakes. Make sure you are answering in the right column. Keep cross-checking in between.
- Don’t get distracted by what’s happening around you. Be focused and keep the time limit in mind.
- Most importantly don’t try to look for answers from others. Don’t help others either. Time is of the essence here. Make sure to use it wisely.
- Don’t get stuck on a single question. Leave them and move on to the other questions. You can attend these questions later in the end if you have enough time left.
- Don’t run after the bonus questions. You will make more mistakes in a hurry. Attend the extra questions only when you are satisfied with your answers and when you haven’t skipped any question.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.