BVP B-CAT 2018 is the MCA entrance test for admission to Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. MCA is offered by Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship Development (IMED) of BVP Deemed University. Candidates who filled the application form on time is only be able to check their results. To select meritorious candidates for MCA admission 2018-19, there was BVP B-CAT 2018 exam on March 25, 2018. The result for the selection of the candidates for the MCA course was declared on April 07, 2018. Know here all about BVP B-CAT 2018.
BVP B-CAT 2018
Candidates must read all the information such as eligibility, Application process, etc. carefully before filling the application form. Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune has conducted B-CAT 2018 for admission into MCA courses for the academic session 2018-19.
|Last date for submitting the completed application form|
|Date Written Entrance Test||25 Mar 2018|
|Date of declaration of Result||07 Apr 2018|
|Counseling and Admission Date||28 – 29 Apr 2018|
BVP B-CAT Intakes
The seats will be filled on merit, based on their performance in “B-CAT 2018 Test”, conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University at the designated centers.
One seat over and above the sanctioned intake of the programme at each center is reserved for sons and daughters of migrants from J & K valley, Defence and Civil Service personnel engaged in fighting against terrorist activities in J & K valley. The candidates to be admitted against these seats must have appeared at the B-CAT 2018 conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University Pune.
Note: Out of the sanctioned intake, 15% seats are reserved for Foreign / N.R.I. / P.I.O. /OCI/ Management Merit Category. Candidates desirious of getting admission under this category will have to apply separately on prescribed application form and submit the same to the Registrar Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune Pune. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI/ Merit students will be allotted to Indian students under Management category on the basis of merit based on marks obtained by them in BCAT-2017 entrance test.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Application Form
The Application Process for the admission of BVP B-CAT 2018 has been closed. Candidates who are interested can apply online by visiting the official website at BVP. The last date for the application process was extended to March 22, 2018. Only those who filled the application form on time can take participate in the Examinations.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Admission Process for MCA
- B-CAT 2018 is meant for MCA 3 years full time and MCA 2 years Full Time(Second Year Lateral Entry)
- B-CAT examination of BVDU is compulsory for all which is scheduled on March 25, 2018.
- The admissions are strictly done on basis of merit and seats available at the center.
- Subject to the above conditions, the final admission is based solely on the merit at the all India entrance test (B-CAT) conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune (India).
Candidates who are presently studying in the final year of Bachelor’s degree course can also appear for the entrance test and seek admission for MCA programme in the year 2018-19. However, they are eligible for admission only if-
- The examination of all semesters/years (regular as well as backlog) will be completed by 30th June 2017
- The results of all semesters will be completed by 31st July 2017.
- The last date to submit all the certificates in original shall be August 31, 2018. If the certificates are not submitted by the said date, the eligibility will not be granted and the admission would automatically stand canceled.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Eligibility
MCA (Three Years Full Time)
Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduate level and having obtained at 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination. Candidates who’s result is awaited may also apply. However their admission will be provisional and confirmed only if they score 50% marks or more (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved Category).
MCA Second Year Lateral Entry (Two Years Full Time)
Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in BCA,BCS,B.Sc-IT/Computer Science) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at graduate level and having obtained 50% or more marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination. Candidates who’s result is awaited may also apply. However their admission will be provisional and confirmed only if they score 50% marks and 45% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category
Candidates who are presently studying in the final year of Bachelor’s degree course can also appear for the entrance test and seek admission for MCA programme in the year 2018-19. However, They are eligible for admission only if
- the basic qualification is full filled.
- The candidates should be Indian National.
BVP B-CAT 2018 Test Centres
- New Delhi
- Navi Mumbai
BVP B-CAT Exam Pattern
All candidates desirous of taking admission for MCA Programme must appear for B-CAT 2018.
The entrance test B-CAT 2018 for admission to MCA Programme is a common entrance test for all the institutes of Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. The candidates must be present on time.
The B-CAT 2018 Test was consist of in all 200 marks. It consists of 200 multiple choice questions one mark each with four alternatives. with only one correct or most appropriate answer. There was no negative marking. The break-up of marks are as follows.
|i)||Mathematics at Xth level||50||50|
|ii)||Mathematies at XIIth level||50||50|
|iii)||Logical and Abstract Reasoning||40||40|
|iv)||Fundamentals of Information Technology||20||20|
|v)||C Language concepts||40||40|
BVP BCAT Selection Procedure
- A Candidate desirous of seeking admission to MCA Programme should fulfill the minimum eligibility condition.
- He/She must have appeared for the B-CAT 2018 Test conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune at designated centers.
- The Candidate shall be offered admission on the basis of his/her rank in the final merit list (prepared on the basis of the marks scored at B-CAT Test) and availability of the seats for the Programme at a particular center at the time of counseling and admission in the concerned Institute.
- In the case of candidates securing equal aggregate marks their relative rank will be determined on the basis of following order of preference:
- In case of candidates scoring equal number of marks in B-CAT, the candidates were ranked according to the percentage of marks scored in aggregate at the HSC or its equivalent examination.
- If equal, the candidates were ranked according to their percentage of marks scored in aggregate at SSC or its equivalent examination.
- When all the above scores are the same, their relative rank was determined on the basis of computerized random numbering.
BVP B-CAT Fee Structure
The fees including tution fee, College Development fee and other fee are as follows:
|Name of the Constitute Unit||Regular Category (p.a.)||Management Category (p.a.)||Foreign / NRI / PIO Category (p.a.)|
|Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Development, Pune.||Rs. 1,27,300/-||Rs.1,70,000/-||US $ 5,000|
- The expenses in connection with Books, Uniform, Printed Forms, University Examination Fees, Industrial visits, Field Work, Summer Training, Specialized Training Modules, Special Assistance for Placement etc. will be borne by the student over and above the fees. It is desirable for every student to have own laptop for duration of the course.
For more details of BVP B-CAT 2018, candidates can refer to the Information Brochure.