BVP PHARMPG 2020 – Bharati Vidyapeeth University offers admission into two years full-time First Year Master of Pharmacy OR three years Pharm.D. (PB) postgraduate programmes. The seats for First Year Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm.) OR Pharm.D. (PB) postgraduate programme will be filled on merit, based on their performance in All India Entrance Test “PHARMPG-2020 Test”, conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth at the designated centres for both the courses. Get complete details about BVP PHARMPG 2020 from this article.
Latest: Bharati Vidyapeeth University has released the revised schedule for PHARMPG 2020. Scroll down to check the same.
BVP PHARMPG 2020
BVP PHARMPG 2020 entrance exam will be held at different locations in the designated examination centers, as per the schedule is given below. According to the list of candidates selected, they will get the counselling letter and get to take admission. The candidates must report at the centre at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time of commencement of the test.
Schedule for BVP PHARMPG 2020 is given below:
|Last date for submission of online application form|
|Dispatch of admission cards||On receipt and scrutinization of|
|Date of Entrance Test|
|Declaration of Result|
|Counselling and on the spot admission||25 & 26 Aug 2020|
|Commencement of classes||01 Sep 2020|
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Revised Schedule
Click here to download the revised schedule
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Eligibility
- PHARMPG is a combined entrance test for admission to M Pharm or Pharm D. (PB). The admissions to M.Pharm. will be given on the basis of combined merit list PHARMPG-2020 of BVDU. Candidates who have passed B.Pharm. examination scoring not less than 55% marks [50% in the case of the SC/ST, teacher, and sponsored category candidate] or equivalent grade points from any AICTE approved institution shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Test for Admission to M.Pharm. course.
- A candidate who has appeared or who is likely to appear for the qualifying examination i.e. B.Pharm. but whose result has not been declared can also appear for the Entrance Test. But he will be considered eligible for admission only if he passes the qualifying examination before the date of counseling, with the requisite percentage of marks.
- Admission to M.Pharm. the course will be given strictly on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in their respective categories i.e. SC/ST, GPAT or sponsored etc. in the PHARMPG-2020 this Entrance Test.
- Candidates having qualified GPAT with valid score shall be eligible to receive fellowships from AICTE, as per its currently applicable norms. However, the candidates who do not have qualified GPAT score can also appear for the Entrance Test
- Admission to each category shall be made as per the break-up indicated in this brochure elsewhere. GPAT qualified candidates only shall be considered eligible for the non-sponsored category of students (General and SC/ST). In case the GPAT qualified candidates are not available, admissions will be given to those non GPAT students who are in the merit in Entrance Examination.
- The admission will be provided to the M.Pharm. and Pharm.D. (PB) from the Merit List of PHARMPG -2020 as per availability of seats in that category/programme.
- For all the subjects of M.Pharm first, the distribution of the seats to the students belonging to SC/ST category will be made as per the distribution of seats.
- For M.Pharm in subjects of Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs admissions to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit Category will be given from applicants to this category and after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO /OCI Merit students remaining vacant seat will be given to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category subject to the rank in PHARMPG-2020.
- The subject wise seats under GPAT and sponsored category for all the subjects of M.Pharm and remaining seats from SC/ST category and from Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI Institutional Quota Merit category will be distributed to GPAT qualified and Sponsored category students subject to rank in PHARMPG-2020.
- All the remaining seats will be given to open category students as per rank obtained in PHARMPG-2020.
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Application Form
A candidate who will be appearing for the PHARMPG-2020 entrance test will require to complete the prescribed online application form and submit to the University along with entrance test fee. The application form will be available online at www.bvuniversity.edu.in. The candidates should strictly follow the instructions given in the website while filling up the application form online and must read the instructions carefully before filling up the online application form. Before filling up the application form online, candidates should:
- Create their login credential.
- Have a scanned image of their recent passport size photograph (Refer to guidelines mentioned on the Website).
- Have a scanned image of their signature, ready before filling up the online application form.
- Read the procedure and guidelines for online payments of test fee which is to be made through Credit Card / Debit Card/ Internet Banking.
Expected Entrance Test Fee: Rs 1700/-
The entrance test fee shall be paid through payment gatweay using internet banking mode or through debit/ credit card. Service charges and other taxes for transaction as applicable by bank has to be paid by the applicant. The entrance test fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidate should ensure that all information entered during the online application process is correct. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered. The authorities of the University do not edit /modify/alter any information entered by the candidates at the time of online application process under any circumstances. Any request for the change in information thereafter will not be entertained.
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Admit Card
Admission Cards for PHARMPG-2020 will be available on official website. The Admission Card will indicate the Roll Number and Examination Centre allotted to the candidate with its address. Candidates are required to download and print a copy of the admit card after completion of the online application process. In case admit cards are not available online immediately after completion of online application, the candidates will be informed through email about the date of availability of admit card at the website.
There are the list of the test centers for the examination. Candidates are advised to reach the prescribed test centre before commencement of examination time. This list has been provided below.
- Candidates shall appear at the examination centre as shown on their Admit Cards.
- Candidates have the option of selecting their city to appear for the entrance examination during filling up of the online application form.
- The authorities of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) however reserve the right to make suitable changes in the centre venue or schedule of the entrance test.
Entrance Test Pattern PHARMPG-2020
The entrance test “PHARMPG-2020” for admission to First Year Master of Pharmacy OR Pharm. D. (PB) Programme will consist of in all 200 marks. The “PHARMPG-2020” will consist of one question paper, set in English and will contain 200 multiple choice objective-type questions. These questions will be based on the detailed syllabus given below. It consists of 200 multiple choice questions, one mark each with four alternatives, with only one correct or most appropriate answer. One Mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no negative marking.
- A candidate desirous of seeking admission to First Year Master of Pharmacy OR Pharm.D. (PB) Programme should fulfill the minimum eligibility condition and the final admission will be offered based solely on the merit obtained at the all India entrance test “PHARMPG- 2020” conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune.
- He / She must have appeared for the “PHARMPG-2020” Test, conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University), Pune at designated centres.
- The Candidate shall be offered admission on the basis of his/her rank in the final merit list and availability of the seats for a particular programme at a particular Institute of the candidate’s choice at the time of counseling and admission in the concerned Institute. Mere appearance in the entrance test and inclusion of name in the merit list does not confer any automatic rights to secure admission to the programme offered by the institute.
- In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the PHARMPG-2020, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as under:
- Candidates obtaining the higher GPAT score.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in B.Pharm. examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all four years of B.Pharm.
Syllabus for M.PHARM. and PHARM D (PB) Syllabus
- Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Structure, nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structure-activity relationship of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants, and anxiolytics, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, analgesics, anti-inflammatory antihistamines.
- Chemotherapeutic Agents: Structural formulae, classification nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structure-activity relationship of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
- Drug synthesis: Synthesis of drugs belonging to the categories of local anesthetics, barbiturates, anticonvulsants, antihistamines, tranquilizers, synthetic hormones, diuretics, vasodilators. Anti AIDS.
- IUPAC Nomenclature, inductive effect, resonance, tautomerism, electronegativity, stereoisomerism, nucleophilic substitution, addition, elimination reactions. Chemistry of benzene and its derivatives, amines, alcohols, carboxylic acids, aldehydes and ketones, and phenols.
- Principles and applications of Absorption spectroscopy, chromatography, potentiometry, conductometry refractometry, and polarography. Pharmacopoeial assays. Principles and instrumentation of NMR and Mass spectroscopy, GLP, Hyphenated Methods.
- The technology of Drug Delivery Systems: Formulation and Evaluation of parenteral, tablets, capsules, aerosols, liquid orals, ophthalmic preparations and new drug delivery systems.
- Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy: Drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, and elimination. Dissolution testing and Bioavailability of drugs. Clinical Pharmacy and drug interaction.
- Microbiology: Sterilization and Sterility testing. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostic tests. Principles and methods of microbiological assays of Pharmacopoeia. Applications of microorganisms in bioconversions.
- GMP and CGMP.
- Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antiepileptics, antiparkinsonian, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, antihistamines, H1 and H2. Drugs acting on the autonomic nervous system.
- Chemotherapeutic Agents: Classification, uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
- Chemistry, tests, uses, and mode of action of cardiac glycosides, steroids, alkaloids, and terpenes. Pharmacognosy of Digitalis, Cinnamon, Rauwolfia, Ergot, Opium, Clove, Belladonna, Ginseng, Taxol, Artemisia, and Senna.
- Biochemical role of hormones, vitamins, enzymes and nucleic acids. Metabolism
- The immobilized enzyme, molecular hybridization, basic techniques in DNA Technology. Downstream processing, Impact on health care system. PCR, Micropropagation in plants including organogenesis & embryogenesis, Transgenic plants.
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Merit List
The merit list of PHARMPG-2020 will be declared after the successful conduction of the entrance test. Separate merit list will be prepared for Regular category and Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI/ Institutional Quota Merit Category. The merit list will be displayed at www.bvuniversity.edu.in and shall also be displayed at designated centers. It shall be the responsibility of the individual candidate to see their own merit number and appear for the counseling at the center of his/her choice as per schedule.
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Counselling and On-The-Spot Admissions
The counseling sessions will be conducted at Bharati Vidyapeeth(Deemed to be University), Poona College of Pharmacy, Paud Road, Erandwane, Pune-411 038, 020- 25437237. The candidates, in the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained by them at the PHARMPG-2020, will be called as per their ranks in their respective categories for counseling and on the spot admission.
Failure to report for counseling on the scheduled date and time will result in instantaneous cancellation of a claim of the candidate to the seat.
The candidate must note that appearance for the examination and inclusion of name in the merit list does not necessarily mean that he/she will get admission to the institute & course. The admission will depend upon the availability of seats to the particular programme and institute at the time of his counseling. It shall be candidates responsibility to see the result PHARMPG-2020 and confirm their merit no. The candidate should remain present for counseling as per the schedule. Individual counseling letters are not going to be sent. The candidate should attend counseling & on the spot admissions on their own as per the schedule was given. The candidate should bring along with the proof of having appeared for the PHARMPG-2020 test such as Admit Card & or photocopy of application form / Demand Draft etc. The candidate will be called for counseling as per their merit number and will be offered a seat as per availability of the seat.
BVP PHARMPG 2020 Seat Intake
|Specialization||Category of students|
|B) Pharmaceutical Chemistry||8||3||4||15|
|E) Quality Assurance Techniques (QAT)||8||3||4||15|
|F) Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||5||2||3||10|
|G) Drug Regulatory Affairs (Proposed)||8||3||4||15|
The GPAT qualified candidates admitted to M.Pharm. will get fellowships by the AICTE.
15% seats of M. Pharm in subject Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs are reserved for Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident-Indian) / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit category students. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / NRI / P.I.O./ OCI Students (based on Merit), will be allotted to Indian students under Institutional Quota on the basis of merit based on the marks obtained by them in PHARMPG-2020.
Official website: bvuniversity.edu.in.
For more details about BVP PHARMPG 2020, download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.