|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
The BVP PHARMPG 2017 examination will be conducted for admission to Master of Pharmacy Course (M.Pharm.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PB) [Pharm.D. (PB)] at Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune. Interested candidates can read all the necessary details regarding BVP PHARMPG 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee, selection process, syllabus etc. on this page.
Latest – BVP CET Pharma result has been Announced. Kindly Check “Result” Link below.
BVP PHARMPG 2017
BVP PHARMPG 2017 entrance exam will be held at the different locations in the designated examination centres in Pune, New Delhi, Navi Mumbai as per the schedule given below. The candidates must report at the centre atleast 30 minutes before the scheduled time of commencement of test.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 dates are available here.
|Last date to apply||10 Jun 2017|
|Dispatch of admission cards||On receipt and scrutinisation of
|Issue of duplicate admission cards to
those candidates, who have not received
the same till 16 June 2017
|17 June 2017|
|Exam Date||18 June 2017 (11.00 am to 02.00 p.m.)|
|Result Date||30 Jun 2017|
|Counselling and on the spot admission||10 & 11 Jul 2017|
|College Start Date||17 Jul 2017|
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Application Form
A candidate desirous of appearing in PHARMPG-2017 is required to complete the prescribed application form and submit the same to the University on or before the date and time mentioned in the calendar of events along with attested copies of the required documents and test fee.
The applicant should enclose a DD drawn on any nationalized bank, or on Bharati Sahakari Bank payable at Pune, in the name of The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Univerisyt, Pune, for Rs. 1700/- with his entrance test form towards the entrance test fee. He should write his full name and the application form number on the back of DD. An application without DD for the Entrance Test and / or incomplete will not be processed. The University will have no responsibility in this regard.
Important Notes :
- A passport size photograph should be affixed at the appropriate place in the application form. The photograph is to be firmly affixed by using gum. It should not be pinned. The photograph is to be attested by the Principal/ Head of the Institution where the candidate has studied or by a Gazetted officer. The attestation of the photograph should be done in such a way that the photograph is not defaced.
- Candidates are not required to enclose originals of any certificates with the application form.
- The Candidate should invariably mention the number of his application form (as printed on it) and his name on the back of his Demand Draft.
- The application must reach either by hand or by mail to the above address on or before the last date.
- The application sent by mail must be sent by registered post / speed post / courier.
- Candidates are advised to check the following before mailing / submitting the application form.
- The application form has been signed at the specified places.
- Recent passport size attested photographs have been duly pasted in the space earmarked for the same.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 M.Pharma Eligibility
- PHARMPG-2017 is a combined entrance test for admission to M Pharm or Pharm D. (PB). The admissions to M.Pharm. will be given on the basis of combined merit list PHARMPG-2017 of BVDU. Candidates who has passed B.Pharm. examination scoring not less than 55% marks [ 50 % in the case of the SC/ST, teacher and sponsored category candidate] or equivalent grade points from any AICTE approved institution shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance Test for Admission to M.Pharm. course.
- Candidate who has appeared or who is likely to appear for the qualifying examination i.e. B.Pharm. but whose result has not been declared can also appear for the Entrance Test. But he will be considered eligible for admission only if he passes the qualifying examination before the date of counselling, with the requisite percentage of marks.
- Admission to M.Pharm. course will be given strictly on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in their respective categories i.e. SC/ST, GPAT or sponsored etc. in the PHARMPG-2017 this Entrance Test.
- Candidates having qualified GPAT score and also having at least 60% marks at B.Pharm examination shall be eligible to receive fellowships of Rs. 8000/- p.m. However the candidates who do not have qualified GPAT score can also appear for the Entrance Test.
- Admission to each category shall be made as per the break-up indicated in this brochure elsewhere. GPAT qualified candidates only shall be considered eligible for the non-sponsored category of students (General and SC/ST). In case the GPAT qualified candidates are not available, admissions will be given to those non GPAT students who are in the merit in Entrance Examination.
- A GPAT qualified student may get an AICTE Fellowship depending upon its availability.
- The admission will be provided to the M.Pharm. and Pharm.D. (PB) from the Merit List of PHARMPG -2017 as per availability of seats in that category/programme.
- For all the subjects of M.Pharm., first the distribution of the seats to the students belonging to SC/ST category will be made as per the distribution of seats as given below.
- For M.Pharm in subjects of Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs admissions to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit Category will be given from applicants to this category and after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO /OCI Merit students remaining vacant seat will be given to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category subject to the rank in PHARMPG-2017.
- All the remaining seats will be given to open category students as per rank obtained in PHARMPG-2017.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Admit Card
Admission Cards for PHARMPG-2017 will be dispatched by post to candidates under certificate of posting. The Admission Card will indicate the Roll Number and Examination Centre allotted to the candidate with its address.
The Candidate must not mutilate this Admission Card or change any entry made therein after it has been authenticated by the University authorities.
In case the Admission Card is not received by the candidate 16 June 2017, he/she should contact the Concerned Designated Centres on 17 June 2017 previous day for collecting a duplicate admission card. In such a situation, candidate should bring two copies of his photograph along with him/her and a proof of submission/mailing of application form.
Mode of Test
The examination consists of one paper. The question paper consists of 200 objective-type questions. The duration of the examination is of 3 hours. Please note that there will not be negative marking for the wrong answers chosen by the candidate.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Merit List
The merit list of Pharm PG-2017 will be declared on 30th June 2017. The University will prepare two merit list for Regular Merit and for Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit Category students appeared for PHARMPG-2017 in accordance with the total marks obtained by them in this Entrance Test. The candidates will be called in for counselling as per their ranking in this list. They should note that there is no negative marking for evaluation of this entrance examination.
Merit lists will be displayed on our website: www.bharatividyapeethuniversity.net/ www.bvuniversity.edu.in
The merit lists of the candidates shall be displayed at the designated centres in Pune, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi.
It will be also available on our Website : http//www.bharatividyapeeth.edu.
In case two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the PHARMPG-2017, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined in order of preference as under:
- Candidates obtaining higher GPAT score.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in B.Pharm. examination.
- Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all four years of B.Pharm.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Counselling and On-The-Spot Admissions
The counselling sessions will be conducted at Bharati Vidyapeeth University Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune- 411038 as per the schedule. Failure to report for counselling on the scheduled date and time may result in instantaneous cancellation of his claim for admission.
Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with prescribed percentage of marks and who fulfill other conditions of eligibility before the date of counselling will be admitted for counselling.
Only the candidate and one of his parents/guardian will be allowed into the hall where counselling is held. The candidates will be called in the order of their ranking in the merit list and offered the seats to the course at that point in time.
The candidate must note that appearance at this examination and inclusion of name in the Merit List do not necessarily mean that he/she will get admission to course. His admission to the course will depend upon the availability of vacancies for the course at the time of his counselling.
At the time of reporting for the counselling, the candidate is required to produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies) listed in Annexure II. If the candidate is admitted to the course, these documents will be retained by the University till he/she completes the course. If the candidate fails to produce all or any of the documents listed in Annexure II, he/she will instantaneously forfeit his / her claim for a seat.
Schedule of Counselling
|Date||Candidates called for Counselling||Time|
|10 Jul 2017||All SC / ST Students & All GPAT Qualified Students||9.00 a.m.|
|Foreign / NRI / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit Category||10.00 a.m|
|Open Category Merit up to Merit No. 1 to 100||9.00 a.m.|
|11 Jul 2017||Open Category Merit Merit No. 101 Onwards||9.00 a.m.|
|Sponsored candidates||11.00 a.m|
Admissions to M.Pharm and Pharm D (PB) will be given on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the Pharm PG 2017 Entrance Examination and subject to compliance of eligibility and subject to availability of seat in that category / programme.
The candidate should remain present for the personal interview (counselling) and for the on the spot admission, as per the schedule even though he/she does not receive any intimation letter from the University.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Documents Required
At the time of counselling, you are required to produce the following documents in original, failure to do so will result in instantaneous cancellation of your claim for admission. You are also required to submit two self attested photocopies of each of these documents.
- Your letter for Counselling
- Statement of marks of I, II, III and final year B.Pharm examinations.
- Statement of marks of GPAT Examination. (If applicable)
- Anti-Ragging Undertaking for all students seeking fresh admission to First Year UG & PG courses. In response to the announcement by MHRD and UGC. New Delhi (India). all the students be advised to file the anti ragging undertaking online through the given website and submit hard copy at the time at counseling for the admission.
- www.antiragging.in ,
- Medical fitness certificate
- Statement of marks of 10 + 2 examination
- Migration Certificate
- Certificate from the Dean / Principal of the Pharmacy College of the candidate stating, that the College is recognized by the A.I.C.T.E. and PCI.
- Caste Certificate and Caste Validity certificate issued by appropriate authority.
- Transference Certificate.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 M.Pharma Intake
Intake Capacity : The government of India and the AICTE has sanctioned to the college Post-graduate (M.Pharm.) programme in the following subjects. From the current academic year, university has implemented Choice Based Credit System for M.Pharm. programme.
|Specialization||Category of students|
|B) Pharmaceutical Chemistry||10||3||5||18|
|E) Quality Assurance Techniques (QAT)||10||3||5||18|
|F) Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||5||2||3||10|
|G) Drug Regulatory Affairs (Proposed)||10||3||5||18|
The GPAT qualified candidates will get fellowships by the AICTE.
15% seats of M. Pharm in subject Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs are reserved for Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident-Indian) / PIO / OCI / Institutional Quota Merit category students. Candidates seeking admission to the seats of this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. The last date for submission of form to this Category is 10 Jun 2017 before 5.00 p.m. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI merit category students will be allotted to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category on the basis of marks obtained by them in the PHARMPG-2017.
BVP PHARMPG 2017 Pharma. D. Intake
Intake Capacity – 10 Seats
15% seats are reserved for Foreign/NRI (Non-Resident-Indian)/PIO/OCI/ Institutional Quota Merit category students. Candidates seeking admission to the seats of this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. The last date for submission of form to this Category is 10 Jun 2017 before 5.00 p.m. Seats remaining vacant after allotment to Foreign / N.R.I. / PIO / OCI merit category students will be allotted to Indian students under Institutional Quota Merit category on the basis of marks obtained by them in the PHARMPG-2017.
Syllabus for M.PHARM. and PHARM D (PB) Syllabus
- Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Structure, nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structure activity relationship of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, analgesics, anti-inflammatory antihistamines.
- Chemotherapeutic Agents: Structural formulae, classification nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structureactivity relationship of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
- Drug synthesis : Synthesis of drugs belonging to the categories of local anaesthetics, barbiturates, anticonvulsants, antihistamines, tranquilisers, synthetic hormones, diuretics, vasodilators. Anti AIDS.
- IUPAC Nomenclature, inductive effect, resonance, tautomerism, electronegativity, stereoisomerism, nucleophilic substitution, addition,elimination reactions. Chemistry of benzene and its derivatives, amines, alcohols, carboxylic acids, aldehydes and ketones and phenols.
- Principles and applications of Absorption spectroscopy, chromatography, potentiometry, conductometry refractometry and polarography. Pharmacopoeial assays. Principles and instrumentation of NMR and Mass spectroscopy, GLP, Hyphenated Methods.
- Technology of Drug Delivery Systems : Formulation and Evaluation of parenterals, tablets, capsules, aerosols, liquid orals, ophthalmic preparations and new drug delivery systems.
- Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy : Drug absorpnon, distribution, metabolism and elimination. Dissolution testing and Bioavailability of drugs. Clinical Pharmacy and drug interaction.
- Microbiology : Sterilization and Sterility testing. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostic tests. Principles and methods of microbiological assays of Pharmacopoeia. Applications of microorganisms in bioconversions.
- GMP and CGMP
- Pharmacotherapeutic Agents : Uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antiepileptics, antiparkinsonian, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, antihistamines, H1 and H2. Drugs acting on autonomic nervous system.
- Chemotherapeutic Agents : Classification, uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
- Chemistry, tests, uses and mode of action of cardiac glycosides, steroids, alkaloids and terpenes. Pharmacognosy of Digitalis, Cinnamon, Rouwolfia, Ergot, Opium, Clove, Belladonna, Ginseng, Taxol, Artemisine and Senna.
- Biochemical role of hormones, vitamins, enzymes and nucleic acids. Metabolism
- Immobilized enzyme, molecular hybridization, basic techniques in DNA Technology. Down stream processing, Impact on health care system. PCR, Micropropogation in plants including organoqenesis & embryogenesis, Transgenic plants.
If above window does not load, Click here to view/ download the BVP PHARMPG 2017 Information Brochure.