CA IPCC Result 2017 of exam held in November 2017 has been announced by ICAI on January 28, 2018. Also, the merit list for the same has been published. Check CA IPCC Nov Result 2017 here. The result has been declared on the official website icaiexam.icai.org. To check the result online, enter Roll Number and PIN Number OR Registration Number. After the declaration of the result, the statement of marks will be sent by post. It can also be downloaded online from the ICAI official website, 07 days after the declaration of result. A candidate who has already passed in a group is not allowed to reappear in the same group(s) to improve the score. In short, there is no concept of “Improvement” of performance in CA Examinations. In other words, a student is not permitted to reappear in the group(s) of an exam already passed by him. Check details on CA IPCC Result 2017 for Nov exam from this page.
CA IPCC Result Nov 2017
The exam conducting body also issues Rank Certificate to the candidates who fulfill its eligibility criteria and obtain minimum qualifying marks or percentile in the exam. ICAI has conducted exam as per schedule and will be announcing the result as per dates are given below.
|CA IPCC Nov 2017 Group I exams||2, 5, 7, and 9 Nov 2017|
|CA IPCC Nov 2017 Group II exams||11, 13, and 15 Nov 2017|
|Declaration of CA IPCC Result Nov 2017||28 Jan 2018|
The CA IPCC merit list is also published on the day of declaration of Result. The Merit List contains details of candidates who have secured 55% or above marks and up to a maximum of 50th rank on All India basis.
How to Check CA IPCC Result 2017?
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the result of the examination via three mediums, which are:
- Online – Through the official website (link above)
- Online – Through E-mail
- Offline – Through SMS
All of these mediums to check the result have been explained below. Candidates may opt for any medium to know their result.
The easiest medium to check the result of IPCC 2017 is from the official website. To do so, the candidates just need to follow the steps below:
- Click on the link which will be provided here soon.
- Next, the candidates will have to enter Roll Number and PIN Number OR Roll Number and Registration Number.
- Next, the candidates will have to submit the details by clicking on ‘Submit’ button.
- After these steps, the result will be displayed on the candidate’s computer screen.
- The candidate can download and take a print out of the result for future references.
This is how the IPCC Nov Result 2017 is displayed:
How to Check the CA IPCC Merit
To check the merit secured by the candidates, again the login has to be opened. It can be opened by following the steps below:
- Click on the appropriate link above and the window will open.
- Then, enter Roll Number and Captcha text.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and check the merit list.
Register to get ICAI CA IPCC Result Nov 2017 by email
To get the IPCC Result Nov 2017 via e-mail, follow the instructions as given below:
- Vist the official website at icaiexam.icai.org and log in using your user id and password.
- Next, click on the link which says “Email Registration”
Get ICAI CA IPCC Result Nov 2017 by SMS
ICAI CA IPCC Result 2017 can also be checked through SMS. To get the result via message, the candidates need to follow the steps below.
- Type a message – CAINTER (Space) Six Digit Roll Number, E.G. – CAINTER 302971
- The types message is to be sent at – 58888. Candidates should note that this SMS facility is available for all mobile services.
Toppers of Chartered Accountants IPC Exam Nov 2017
Details of top three rank holders on All India Basis for Chartered Accountants Intermediate (IPC) Examination held in November, 2017 are mentioned below:
- Click Here to check the press release for Chartered Accountants Intermediate (IPC) Examination held in November, 2017.
IPCC Passing Marks
In IPCC, there are two groups.
Group 1 comprises of 4 subjects.
- Law, ethics and communication
- Financial management and costing
Group 2 comprises of 3 subjects.
- Advance accounting
- Auditing and assurance
- Information technology and strategy management
A candidate can either appear in exam group wise or give exam of both groups in one sitting.
- Passing criteria for IPCC for both groups: Candidate must score at least 40 marks in each subject and aggregate of 50% in all papers.
- Passing criteria for IPCC for one groups: Candidate must score at least 40 marks in each subject and aggregate of 50% in all papers.
CA IPCC 2017 Rank Certificate/ Merit List
A candidate who fulfills all the following criteria will be issued a rank certificate, indicating the rank secured in the entrance exam:
• The candidate should have passed examination in one sitting
• Should not have availed of any exemption in any paper
• Lastly, should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
The Rank certificates will be issued upto 50th rank, on All-India basis. Rank certificates in respect of the other rank holders will be dispatched by Speed Post.
Possible Reasons for Withholding of CA IPCC Result 2017
The possible reasons due to which the result of a candidate can be withheld are as follows:
- The candidates whose eligibility to appear in the exam could not be established for want of submission of documentary evidence by the examinees when called for, is liable to be withheld
- Also, candidates who indulge in unfair means is also liable to be withheld.
The candidates whose result will be withheld will be sent a written communication in this regard soon after the results.
What is Pass Certificate and Pass with Distinction?
- Pass Certificate: Pass certificate will be issued to those who pass both the groups of an examination, either together or group wise. The Pass Certificate for CA IPCC Nov 2017 will be issued within 60 days from the date of declaration of result. However, in case the candidate does not receive the same, for any reason, within 8 weeks from the date of declaration of results, contact the ICAI authorities immediately regarding this.
- Pass with Distinction: A candidate who passes at one sitting, the Intermediate (IPC) examination, with 70% of the total marks for all the papers for that examination shall be considered to have passed the examination with distinction and the statement of marks issued to him will consist of a specific mention that the candidate has passed the examination with distinction.
Passing Requirement for Intermediate (IPC)
A candidate is required to appear and pass the Intermediate level and Final level examinations, group-wise and not paper wise.
The passing requirement as per CA Regulations, 1988 are as follows:
Candidates can opt to appear for both the Groups or any one of it. However, the candidate will be termed qualified only when they will qualify both the Groups of IPCC.
A candidate shall ordinarily be declared to have passed in both the groups simultaneously, if:
- The candidate will secure minimum of 40% marks in each paper, of both the groups. Also, the minimum aggregate score of the candidates should not be less than 50%.
Thus, it may be noticed that passing requirements of the Chartered Accountancy Examinations are Group-wise and not paper-wise as may be the case in other examinations.
CA IPCC Pass Percentage
Candidates can check the previous year IPCC pass percentage from the table below.
|CA IPCC||Group||Appeared||Passed||Pass percentage|
|CA IPCC Nov 2017||Both Groups||49215||13149||26.72%|
|CA IPCC May 2017||Both Groups||49967||11550||23.12%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2016||Both Groups||47766||15543||32.53%|
|CA IPCC May 2016||Both Groups||47979||Passed Group I – 8279
Passed Group II – 46
Passed Both Groups – 2295
|Passed Group I – 17.26%
Passed Group II – 0.10%
Passed Both Groups – 4.78%
|CA IPCC Nov 2015||Both Groups||50892||2108||4.14%|
|CA IPCC May 2015||Both Groups||58188||4927||8.47%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2014||Both Groups||47795||2963||6.20%|
|CA IPCC May 2014||Both Groups||66625||6326||9.49%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2013||Both Groups||62033||5038||8.12%|
|CA IPCC May 2013||Both Groups||63871||7489||11.73%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2012||Both Groups||51318||5720||11.15%|
|CA IPCC May 2012||Both Groups||46493||9015||19.39%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2011||Both Groups||43206||7422||17.18%|
|CA IPCC May 2011||Both Groups||38446||7933||20.63%|
|CA IPCC Nov 2010||Both Groups||31547||5688||18.03%|
|CA IPCC May 2010||Both Groups||20135||2473||12.28%|
After CA IPCC
After successful ICAI IPCC Result, the candidates are supposed to register for Practical Training of 3 years and CA Final course. For the training, the candidates can register after passing one or both of the groups. However, to apply CA Final course, the candidates need to qualify both the groups. After qualifying the CA Final Exam, the candidates will become Chartered Accountant.
About CA IPCC
The Examination Department of ICAI conducts various examinations corresponding to different levels of the Chartered Accountancy course. ICAI is the second largest professional Accounting & Finance body in the world in terms of membership, after American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. It is the only licensing cum regulating body of the financial audit and accountancy profession in India. To be a Chartered Accountants, the candidates are required to clear three steps, i.e. CPT, IPCC and Final exams. The Intermediate(IPC) examination are conducted twice a year, in May and November. IPCC is held after passing CPT exam. Those who will clear the second level, that is, IPCC will have to complete articleship and CA final exam. In November 2017 exam, a total of 2,13,585 students appeared for the exam at 419 centres across India.