Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 – University of Calcutta issues a notification regarding the BA LLB Admission 2020 in the university. Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Exam Date is set in the month of June 2020. University conducts an entrance exam for admission to 5 yr BA LLB program in various law colleges in Calcutta. Interested and eligible candidates must fill and submit the application form before the last date of the same. Once the application process is over candidates will be able to download the Admit Card over the official website. For more information on Calcutta University BA LLB 2020, scroll down and read further.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020
Candidates interested in filling the appplication form and appearing for the law entratnce exam must know the schedule of the important events to be held while the admission process. Check the table below to get aware in this regard:
|CU BA LLB 2020||Important Dates|
|Apply online from||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to apply online||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Download CU BA LLB 2020 Admit Card||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Exam Date||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity||1st week of Jul 2020|
|E-Counselling||to be announced|
CU BA LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before the application process starts candidates must knoe the eligibility criteria. If any case the candidate fills the form who is not upto the eligibility will get the candidature rejected aayt any stage of the admission process. Conditions to fulfill are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed class 12.
- Year of passing qualifying exam is set to be 2018 – 2020 (for general), 2016 – 2020 (for SC/ST), 2013 – 2020 (for PWD).
- Candidates must have secured at least 45% in best of four subjects excluding environmental studies for WBCHSE (40% for SC/ST/PWD).
- Those who have studied in boards other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE, Rabindra Mukto Vidyalaya, Eligibility fulfillment of these candidates is subject to the production of the “Equivalence Certificate”.
- Those with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board need to apply in writing to relevant authority mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. They will get call for interview only after preliminary verification. Foreign candidates with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian university or board can apply like other Indian candidates.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Application Form
Calcutta University invites online applications from eligible candidates for admission to the 5 year integrated programme in Law – BA LLB for the academic session 2020-21. Candidates need to apply online within a given time of the application form. First the candidates must register and fill the form, and pay the fee. Check here complete details of how to apply and other related information.
as per last year
|SC/ST / PWD||Rs.250/-|
Mode of Payment (via Online)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Requirements while filling the Online application form
It is advisable to keep recent testimonials, scanned photograph and signature while filling online form. This will help in ensuring that all details that you fill in Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 application form are correct in each and every aspect. Candidates must ensure that they fill the details correctly as they would not be allowed to correct the incorrect details once they submit the application form.
Steps To Apply
- In the first step candidates need to register online at caluniv.ac.in. Registration form would require the candidate to enter the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of birth
- Active Email ID
- whether wards of police
- Details of the police personnel/ex-police personnel
- Next step includes filling the personal information. Here the candidates need to enter the mother’s name, father’s name/guardian’s name, gender, marital status, religion, blood group, nationality, whether physically disabled, family income, present address, permanent address, mobile no., save and continue
- After that, enter academic information. In the academic information candidates will eb asked details from class 10 and 12.
- Next step takes you to the selection of college preferences. Preference number “1” corresponds to the highest preference.
- Now the candidates are required to upload the photograph and signature. The photograph should be jpg/jpeg of size less than 50 kb. Signature should be less than 20 kb.
- In the last and final step candidates need to pay the application fee and finally take the print out of the application form.
CU BA LLB 2020 Admit Card
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Admit Card is issued to the candidates who completes the application form process before the set deadline. Candidates need to download the admit card and take a print out of the sam along with them at the examination center. Without the production of the admit card no candidates will be allowed to sit for the exam.
Candidates need to keep the application form number and password safely., as it is required to download admit card and later for the result as well.
Documents to carry at the exam center
- Admit Card
- Photo ID proof
- 2 copy Photo (coloured)
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for CU BA LLB 2020 Admission
The exam pattern for the Law entrance test is as follows.
Mode: Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 is to be held in an offline mode only.
Duration: 2.5 hours duration.
Maximum Marks: 100 Marks.
Syllabus: Exam will have questions on following topics:
- Current Affairs
- General Math.
Negative marking: No negative marking prevails in the entrance test.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2019 Result
There is no negative marking in the Calcutta University Law Entrance Test 2020. Also, there is no cut off for Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Entrance Exam. Therefore merit list compilation is only on the basis of correct answers marked in the exam. Candidates can check CU BA LLB 2020 result over the offical website, that is, caluniv.ac.in. Those who appear in exam and have result, will be then eligible to participate in counselling rounds for admission to law program by the university itself
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Counselling
CU shall consider candidates for counselling on the basis of their position in the merit list and college preferences. Candidates have marked the preferance of the college will filling the application form. Seats are allotted according to the merit position in the CU BA LLB Entrance Exam and on the basis of the preference marked in the application form.
Seats In Calcutta University
The number of seats in CU, college wise, is as follows:
as per last year
|Name Of Institute||Number Of Seats|
|Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus)||120|
|Surendranath Law College||120|
|Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College||120|
|South Calcutta Law College||120|
|Bikash Bharati Law College||120|
|Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College||120|
|Jyotirmoy School of Law||120|
|Shyambazar Law College||120|
|George School of Law||120|
|Sureswar Dutta Law College||120|
|Heritage Law College||120|
|Kolkata Police Law Institute||60|
|L. J. D. Law College||240|
Official website: www.caluniv.ac.in.
To know more details about Calcutta University BA LLB 2020, download the Last year’s Admission Notification.CU BA LLB