Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 – University of Calcutta has invited applications for BA LLB Admission 2020 in the university. Candidates can apply until August 14, 2020. The university conducts an entrance exam for admission to 5 yr BA LLB program in various law colleges in Calcutta. Date of the entrance exam is not yet announced. Once the application process is over candidates will be able to download the Admit Card on the official website, caluniv.ac.in. For more information on Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2020, scroll down and read further.
Latest: Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Application Form deadline is extended up to August 14, 2020. Apply Online here
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020
Candidates interested in filling the application form and appearing for the law entrance exam must know the schedule of the important events to be held for the admission process. Check the table below to get aware in this regard:
|CU BA LLB 2020||Important Dates|
|Apply online from||30 Jun 2020|
|Last date to apply online|
|Application fee payment starts||01 Jul 2020|
|Application fee payments ends|
|Download CU BA LLB 2020 Admit Card||to be announced|
|10+2 Marks upload||After 10+2 result of WB Board|
|Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Exam Date||to be announced|
|Entrance Test Overall Merit List||to be announced|
|E-Counselling||to be announced|
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Application Form Deadline Extended
Check the application form deadline extended notice for Calcutta University BA LLB Admission 2020 from below.
- Click here to check the Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Application Form deadline extended notice.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Application Form
Calcutta University invites online applications from eligible candidates for admission to the 5 year integrated programme in Law – BA LLB for the academic session 2020-21. Candidates need to apply online within a given time. First the candidates must register and fill the form, and pay the fee. Check here complete details of how to apply and other related information.
Mode of Payment (Online)
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Requirements while filling the Online application form
It is advisable to keep recent testimonials, scanned photograph and signature while filling online form. This will help in ensuring that all details that you fill in Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 application form are correct in each and every aspect. Candidates must ensure that they fill the details correctly as they would not be allowed to correct the incorrect details once they submit the application form.
Steps To Apply
- In the first step, candidates need to register online at caluniv.ac.in. Registration form would require the candidate to enter the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of birth
- Active Email ID
- whether wards of police
- Details of the police personnel/ex-police personnel
- Next step includes filling the personal information. Here the candidates need to enter the mother’s name, father’s name/guardian’s name, gender, marital status, religion, blood group, nationality, whether physically disabled, family income, present address, permanent address, mobile no., save and continue
- After that, enter academic information. In the academic information, candidates will be asked details about class 10 and 12.
- Next step takes you to the selection of college preferences. Preference number “1” corresponds to the highest preference.
- Now the candidates are required to upload the photograph and signature. The photograph should be jpg/jpeg of size less than 50 kb. Signature should be less than 20 kb.
- In the last and final step candidates need to pay the application fee and finally take the print out of the application form.
CU BA LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before the application process starts candidates must know the eligibility criteria. If any case the candidate fills the form who is not up to the eligibility will get the candidature rejected at any stage of the admission process. Conditions to fulfil are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed/ be appearing in class 12 or equivalent.
- Year of passing qualifying exam is set to be 2018 – 2020 (for general), 2016 – 2020 (for SC/ST), 2013 – 2020 (for PWD).
- Candidates must have secured at least 45% in best of four subjects excluding environmental studies for WBCHSE (40% for SC/ST/PWD).
- Those who have studied in boards other than WBCHSE, ISC, CBSE, Rabindra Mukto Vidyalaya, Eligibility fulfilment of these candidates are subject to the production of the “Equivalence Certificate”.
- Those with last qualification eligibility degree from Foreign Board need to apply in writing to relevant authority mentioning all previous degrees, mark sheets, certificates and syllabus of the last qualifying examination eligibility degree. They will get a call for interview only after preliminary verification. Foreign candidates with last qualifying eligibility degree from Indian university or board can apply like other Indian candidates.
CU BA LLB 2020 Admit Card
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Admit Card is issued to the candidates who complete the application process before the set deadline. Candidates need to download the admit card and take a print out of the same along with them at the examination centre. Without the production of the admit card, no candidates will be allowed to sit for the exam.
Candidates need to keep the application form number and password safely., as it is required to download admit card and later for the result as well.
Documents to carry at the exam center
- Admit Card
- Photo ID proof
- 2 Photos (coloured)
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for CU BA LLB 2020 Admission
The exam pattern for the Law entrance test is as follows.
Mode: Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 is to be held in an offline mode only.
Duration: 2.5 hours duration.
Syllabus: Exam will have questions on following topics:
- Current Affairs
- General Math.
Negative marking: No negative marking prevails in the entrance test.
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Seat Intake
The number of seats in CU, college wise, is as follows:
|Name Of Institute||Number Of Seats|
|Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus)||120|
|Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College||120|
|Bikash Bharati Law College||120|
|Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College||120|
|Jyotirmoy School of Law||120|
|Shyambazar Law College||120|
|George School of Law||120|
|Sureswar Dutta Law College||120|
|Heritage Law College||120|
|Kolkata Police Law Institute||60|
|LJD Law College||240|
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Result
There is no negative marking in the Calcutta University Law Entrance Test 2020. Also, there is no cut off for Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Entrance Exam. Therefore merit list compilation is only on the basis of correct answers marked in the exam. Candidates can check CU BA LLB 2020 result over the official website, that is, caluniv.ac.in. Those who appear in exam and have result, will be then eligible to participate in counselling rounds for admission to law program by the university itself
Calcutta University BA LLB 2020 Counselling
CU shall consider candidates for counselling on the basis of their position in the merit list and college preferences. Candidates mark the preference of the college while filling the application form. Seats are allotted according to the merit position in the CU BA LLB Entrance Exam and on the basis of the preference marked in the application form.
Official website: caluniv.ac.in.
To know more details about Calcutta University BA LLB 2020, download Admission Notification.CU BA LLB
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.