Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 – University of Calcutta, Department of Education offers admission to B.Ed Courses. The university releases an application form for interested and eligible candidates.. After the closing of the application form, the merit list will be released over the officiall website. The candidates have to fill the form, pay the fees and send the printed application form along with the relevant documents to the university. Candidates can check all the details of Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc. from this page given below.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020
Admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) course will follow the norms set by NCTE, the State Government and University of Calcutta. Selection will be made on the basis of merit. The process of Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 shall take place as per the following schedule.
|Submission of Online Application Form||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application Form||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Provisional merit list published on||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Selection list published on||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Submission of printed copy of application form with e-receipt||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Date of counseling and admission(spot)||2nd week of Jul 2020|
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 is as follows.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences / Humanities/ Social Science
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the program.
- The requirement of 50% (fifty) marks shall not apply to persons appointed as teachers prior to the commencement of the NCTE, (Regulations, Norms & Procedure) Second Amendment Regulations, 2010 as laid down at para 8(i) of the aforesaid Gazette.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 Application Form
The Application Form has to be submitted through online mode only on the official website. No Hardcopy of Application Form will be issued. The candidate will have to register first and then fill the application form. Then they also need to pay the application fees to complete the application process. The candidates (both for freshers and deputed) will also have to submit the printed copy of the application form along with the relevant documents.
Information required for filling in the Form
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- The income of family per month.
- Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in JPG / JPEG format and size < 50 KB
- One printed copy of the same photo required to be pasted on the application form.
- An Email-Id cannot be used more than once. A different Email should be taken, if required.
as per last year
The application fee has to be paid through the online mode only through Billdesk payment Gateway. To pay the application fee you can login with your credentials after finally submitting your form. The application fee is Rs 300 for general candidates and Rs 150 for SC / ST / PWD. The payment can be made through any of the payment methods given below.
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Internet Banking
Documents to be submitted for B.Ed Admission 2020
The documents that need to be submitted along with the printed copy of the application form (for both the freshers and Deputed Candidates) are as follows.
- Acknowledgment Slip
- Copy of e-receipt downloaded from ‘Payment History’ through Help Desk.
- Self Attested true copies of marks-sheets of all the examinations passed ( 10th Standard onwards.)
- Proof of Date of Birth Certificate.
- SC/ ST / PWD Certificate (if applicable).
- Deputed teachers will have to submit with the application form
- Approval letter of concerned District Inspector of School
- Appointment letter
- Joining letter in school
- Managing Committee Resolution copy countersigned by the D.I. (if approved)
- Released order from school duly signed by the Head Master /Secretary/ Administrator / will be submitted at the time of admission.
- Deputed teachers will get their deputation allowances from their respective Schools/Institutions.
- A printed copy of the completely filled in application form in all respect.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 Seats & Reservation
The following Method Subjects ( total no. of the seat is mentioned in the bracket ) are offered from this Department, University of Calcutta, duly approved by the University authority.
1. Bengali, 2. English, 3. Sanskrit, 4. Mathematics, 5. History, 6. Geography, 7. Economics, 8. Accountancy and Book Keeping, 9. Education, 10. Political Science, 11. Hindi, 12. Urdu, 13. Arabic.
Total No. of Seat: 50 ( Deputed – 25; Fresher – 25 )
Note: Only one seat is allotted to each subject i.e. Bengali, English, History, Education & Mathematics for the candidates of Other University ( Total seat allotted for Fresher / O.U.- 05).
Reservation: Reservation of 50% seats for Deputed Teachers and 50% for the fresher’s for admission to B.Ed courses will be followed by University Department only. In the event of these seats remaining unfulfilled, they may be reserved and offered to freshers, with prior approval of the University.
Calcutta University B.Ed Admission 2020 Selection Methodology
- Teachers teaching in classes IX to XII only can apply as Deputed Teacher.
- Selection of Deputed Teacher of Higher Secondary School/Secondary School/ Madrasah affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.B.M.E will be made on the basis of the period of approved services in the School/ Madrasah.
- In case applicants having equal service in Secondary School/ Madrasah, preference will be given to the candidates having higher Academic Qualifications.
- In case of both the Period of Service and Academic Qualifications are equal, the selection will be made on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in different examinations in their career and candidates having higher grade marks will be selected (Grade Marks calculation will be done as meant for fresher candidates.)
FEE Structure for B.Ed Admission 2020
The fee structure for both the fresher and deputed candidates is as follows. The fee includes the tuition fee along with the admission, session, and library fee. This is as per the last year trends, however any change in the same will be updates here.
For Deputed Candidates.
|Tuition Fee||Rs 24000|
|Admission Fee||Rs 100|
|Session Fee||Rs 88|
|Library Fee||Rs 400|
For Fresher Students.
|Tuition Fee||Rs 2400|
|Admission Fee||Rs 100|
|Session Fee||Rs 88|
|Library Fee||Rs 400|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.