Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2020-21 – Calcutta University admits candidates in M.Phil course in Commerce, Library science, Urdu and so on. Candidates have to fill an application form through the official website, caluniv.ac. along with the payment of the application fee to appear for the exam. Those who has qualified M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./MLIS along with fulfilling other eligibility criteria can apply for admission. The admission of the candidate is based on the written test followed by a personal interview. Scroll down to check in detail about the M.Phil admission 2020 eligibility, application form, exam pattern, dates and so on.
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2020-21
For M.Phil admission, candidates who have qualified NET and or SET are exempted from the written test. However, they have to appear for the interview. Candidates can check the schedule for M.Phil. admission 2020 Commerce and Indian Language and Literature from below.
|Application form||2nd week of Dec 2019|
|Date of written test for M.Phil commerce and Indian Langauge and Literature||10 Jan 2020|
|Date of written test for M.Phil Library & Information|
|1st week of Jan 2020|
|Written test for History, Education and other courses||1st week of Jan 2020|
|Arabic and Persian written test||Last week of Feb 2020|
|Result of written test for M.Phil commerce||16 Jan 2020|
|Result of written test for M.Phil Indian Language and Literature||13 Jan 2020|
|Result for other courses||Tentatively a week later|
M.Phil Personal Interview 2020 schedule
|M.Phil. Personal Interview||Dates|
|M.Phil Commerce||21 Jan 2020|
|M.Phil Indian Language and Literature||20 Jan 2020|
|M.Phil Arabic and Persian||1st week of Mar 2020|
|For other courses||To be announced|
M.Phil Admission 2020 Courses Offered
Candidates can check the courses offered in M.Phil from below.
- Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Political Science
- Library & Information Science (Self Financed)
- Arabic and Persian
M.Phil Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from the below-mentioned points.
- Qualification: Candidate who have qualified M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination are eligible to apply for M.Phil admissions. Candidates who are in their final semester examination can also apply for admission. However, their final admission is based on their passing the examination and obtaining the required marks.
- Marks: Candidate must have scored 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidates, 40% is the minimum,
- Equivalence Certificate: Candidates of other universities or candidates holding the qualifying degree from Distance course and or Open universities from other States are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta at the time of submission of the application form.
- Domicile Certificate: Candidates of Reserved category from other States are required to submit the Domicile Certificate.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Application Form
To appear for admission in M.Phil course, candidates have to fill an application form which can be obtained through the official website, caluniv.ac.in. The submission of application form has to be done along with the payment of the application fee which can be checked from below.
- For General category candidates: Rs 500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD category candidates: Rs 250/-
Mode of Payment: The amount can be paid through State Bank of India (SBI) only.
Documents Required in the M.Phil Admission Form 2020
The following documents have to be attached in the application form.
- Receipt of the payment of application fees.
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Qualifying examinations mark sheet
- Date of birth proof
- SC/ST/OBC(A)/OBC(B)/PWD Certificate, if applicable
- Family Income Certificate
- NOC from the competent authority for employed applicants only.
Important Points for M.Phil 2020 Application Form
- Submission of filled application form for Education, Sociology, History, Political Science, A.I.H.C. will be received at the office of the Secretary at Alipore Campus.
- Submission of Library & Information science will be received at the office of the Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building (3rd Floor) college street campus.
- For all other subjects, forms will be received at the Secretary’s Office (Ground Floor) Asutosh building, college street campus
M.Phil Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern from below.
Exam Pattern for M.Phil Indian Language and Literature
- Type of questions: There are MCQ type questions, short notes and essay type questions.
- Number of questions: There are a total number of 19 questions in the admission test. 15 questions are objective based, 3 are short notes and 1 question is essay type in nature.
- Marks: Each MCQ type question is of one (1) mark, short note question is of three (3) marks and essay type question is of 20 marks.
Exam Pattern for M.Phil Commerce
- Type of questions: All the questions are MCQ based.
- Duration: The exam is of one (1) hour duration.
- Marks: Candidates are allotted two (2) mark for every correct answer whereas one (1) mark is deducted for each correct answer.
- Total number of questions: There are a total number of 25 questions in the admission test.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Admission Criteria
Calcutta University selects candidates based on the following two rounds.
- Round 1: Written Test
- Round 2: Personal Interview
First of all, eligible candidates have to appear for thre written test. Those who qualify the test are called for the personal interview round. The ratio of test and interview is 50:50. Final admission of the candidate is based on the aggregate marks in both the rounds.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Personal Interview
All the candidates who qualify the written test are called for the personal interview round. Non-qualifiers of written test are ineligible for interview. Moreover, candidates who have qualified NET and or SET are exempted from the written test. However, they have to appear for the interview round. The weightage of the interview round is 50% in the final selection of the candidate.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Result
Calcutta University releases the result online at the official website. The M.Phil result is released twice. The first after the succesful conduct of the written test in which names of the qualifiers of test are mentioned and the second result i.e final result is released after the personal interview. Final result is prepared based on the marks in the written test and personal interview.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Reservation
Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD candidates within each category (SC/ST, OBC-A, OBC-B/ unreserved of the concerned subject).
M.Phil Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Candidates can check the seat matrix from below.
|Courses||No. of Seats|
|Library & Information Science||17|
|Ancient Indian History & Culture||10|
M.Phil Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure from below.
- The course fee id Rs 4000/- which has to be paid by the by the selected candidates at the time of admission.
- For Library and Information Science course, non-sponsored candidates have to pay Rs. 625/- per month, Rs. 875/- per month for sponsored Indian candidates, Us $ 1000/- for foreign or NRI students to be paid at the time of admission.
About Calcutta University
Calcutta University is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It was set up on January 24, 1857. The university has accredited “A” Grade by NAAC. The University of Calcutta is recognized as the five-star university in India. It has secured the fifth position by NIRF among the Indian universities. It has 14 campuses in the city of Kolkata.
M.Phil Admission 2020 Notice
Candidates can check the M.Phil 2020 notice from below.
M.Phil Commerce admission notice
M.Phil Indian Language and Literature admission notice
To check information brochure for M.Phil admission 2020, candidates can click here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.