Calcutta University has published notification for Admission into M.Phil course for the academic year 2019. Registration for M.Phil Admission is in progress at the University of Calcutta and eligible candidates can fill up the admission application forms to pursue M.Phil courses from Calcutta University for 2019 session. Candidate must check the eligibility before filling the application form as they will not be able to take admission in Calcutta University. If the candidate have fill incorrect information in the application form their candidature may get cancelled. For more information regarding Calcutta University read the article.
Calcutta University M.Phil Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission in M.Phil Course have to fill downloaded application form from the website or from the direct link provided below on or before the last date of Application.
The candidates, who have cleared the NET/SET Examination before the last date of submission of Application Form, will be exempted from Written Test. The employed candidates should have to submit NOC from the employer at the time of Viva-voice.
Bengali, Urdu, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Commerce, Sociology, Sanskrit, Education, English, Pali, History, Political Science, Hindi, Library & Information Science (Self Financed), Philosophy, Economics.
|Last date for submission of Application form|
|Date of Exam for M.Phil (Bengali/Urdu)||24 Dec 2018|
|Date of Result for M.Phil (Urdu)||26 Dec 2018
|Date of Interview for M.Phil (Urdu)||28 Dec 2018|
|Date of Result for M.Phil (Bengali)||31 Dec 2018
|Date of Interview for M.Phil (Bengali)||03 & 04 Jan 2019|
Note: Candidates are required to carry the Cash Receipt Voucher issued by the university in order to appear for the test.
- Click here to check the notice regarding admission in M.Phil (Urdu) Course for the session 2019-20.
- Click here to check the notice regarding admission in M.Phil (Bengali) Course for the session 2019-20.
The prescribed Application Form for admission to M. Phil courses for the session 2019 can be downloaded from here. Downloaded application forms completed in all respect to the proof of payment of Rs. 500/- for General and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD category. Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees.
Application Form: Click here to download the application form for M.Phil. Course for the Session 2019
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [SC/ST/PWD (minimum 40% disability) with 50% marks] students in the respective subject/subjects. Students who are taking M.A/M. Sc/M. Com/MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above. Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview/viva-voce.
- The applicants belonging to ‘OBC’ category are required to obtain minimum marks 50% in the M.A., M.Sc./M.Com/MLIS or equivalent Part-II examinations or final semester.
- Candidates of other universities or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open universities from any States”are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta (Office of the Registrar) at the time of submission of application form.
- Candidates of Reserved category of other states are required to submit the “Domicile Certificate” (at least for the period of 10 years) from the competent authority from Central Government or State Government having local jurisdiction over the place of permanent residence of the concerned candidate or his/her parents, as the case may be.
Candidates are informed to download the admit card and filled in admit card must submit to the office of the Department on or before the date of written test/viva-voice. Without the Admit Card candidates would not be allowed to enter the exam hall and give exam. Candidates must take care of the admit card if it is damaged or torn candidates will not be able to give exam.
For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD (Minimum 40% disability) candidate will be made as per University /Govt. rules.
Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category (SC/ST, OBC – A, OBC – B/unreserved of the concerned subject)
100 Point Roster of West Bengal Board of Higher Educational Institution will be followed in the final selection.
Seat Intake of 2019
|Courses||No. of Seats|
|Library & Information Science||17|
|Ancient Indian History & Culture||10|
Rs. 4000/- to be paid by the selected candidates at the time of admission (except Library & Information Science).
For Library & Information Science (a) Rs. 625/- per month for non-sponsored students, (b) Rs. 875/- per month for sponsored Indian students, (c) US $ 1000/- or its equivalent for foreign or NRI students to be paid at the time of admission. [Admission fees: Rs. 500/- and Library fees Rs. 400/- extra].
Mode of payment will be informed later on.
For further information, C.U. website (www.caluniv.ac.in)/Notice Board of the concerned Department are to be followed from time to time.
For more information candidates can check – Information Brochure.