Calcutta University has released the notification for admission into M.Ed course for the academic year 2019-2020. The application form for M.Ed course is out now, the last date of online application submission is June 19, 2019. Interested candidates may apply online from the official website after checking their eligibility as per schedule or direct link to apply online is provided on the “Application Form” page. Candidates can check the complete information of Calcutta University M.Ed Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
Calcutta University M.Ed Admission 2019
The Master of Education (M.Ed) Programme is offered as a full-time programme having four semesters comprising two years. Candidates seeking admission in the said course can apply online from here. Candidates can collect the M.Ed Admission complete information from here.
Schedule for the Calcutta University M.Ed Admission 2019
|Submission of online application commences on||12 Jun 2019|
|Last date of online application submission||19 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of a printed copy of Application Form||24 to 26 Jun 2019 (up to 3 pm)|
|Hall ticket collection||01 Jul 2019|
|Date of Deputed spot admission through counselling||15 Jul 2019.|
|Examination for freshers||05 Jul 2019|
|List of the provisionally selected candidates published||11 Jul 2019|
|Date of Admission and counselling for freshers||
The applicants for entrance test and career marking shall be drawn on the basis of the following:
- B.Ed. degree 1 or 2-year duration with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System
- 4 year integrated teacher education degree programme (BElEd/ BScEd/ BAEd) with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System
- D.El.Ed/ D.Ed with a bachelors Honors degree (BA/BSc/BCom) each with minimum 55% marks or B Grade in Grading System
- Special B.Ed with minimum 55% marks or, B Grade in Grading System.
- With Honours at the undergraduate level ( excepting 4-year integrated teachers education programme) and M.A./M.Sc./M.Com Examination with minimum 55% marks in aggregate at Post Graduate level.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for SC, ST and PWD candidates.
M.Ed 2019 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission in M.Ed Course at Calcutta University have to fill the online application from the official website on or before the last date of application as mention above. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the application form.
Application fee (Rs. 300/- for General & Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/PWD) to be made through BillDesk.
Information required for filling in the Form
- Marks / Grade obtained in major Examinations from 10th Standard onwards.
- The income of family per month.
- (Optional) Scanned Photo (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) in jpg / jpeg format and size < 20 KB
Instructions for filling in the Form
- Visit the official website of the university.
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ link at the bottom of the Login form.
- Fill in the Registration Form.
- After that, You will be directed to the Admission Form.
- Enter the Personal Information, Academic Information, Employment Information and Payment Information in the Admission Form.
Admission to M.Ed. The two-year programme will be based on
I. Career Marking
In Career Marking five components (i.e. Aggregate marks obtained in 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation & B.Ed as mentioned in point (EC-I) will be proportionately evaluated in 50 marks by distributing 10 marks for each.
II. Entrance Test
There will be a written test of 1 hour.30 minutes duration comprising of 50 compulsory MCQ type questions of 1 marks each (Total Marks 50) based on perspectives in teacher education. The deputed candidates need not appear for the admission test.
Based on the sum of total marks obtained in career marking and entrance test final merit list should be prepared to keep in view the reservation norms of the Government.
Selection will be made strictly in order of merit and subject group quota for 60% of seats from C.U. candidates (Category A) and also for rest 40% of seats (Category B) i.e. for rest CU and Non-CU candidates the same procedure will be followed. The category will be determined based on the chronologically last obtained degree relevant for admission.
The total number of seats in the course is 50 of which 50% will be allotted for deputed and 50% to fresher candidates. If deputed seats remain vacant they can be filled up with fresher candidates.
|Tuition Fee Rs. 200/- month||Rs. 4800/-|
|Library Deposit||Rs. 400/-|
|Laboratory Fee||Rs. 120/-|
|Session Charges||Rs. 88/-|
Official Website: www.caluniv.ac.in
For more details regarding M.Ed admissions 2019 – Download the Official Notification.