Calcutta University Result 2020 – University of Calcutta will release result of entrance exam and the merit list for all courses on the official website caluniv.ac.in. The result and merit list will be released in the pdf form. Merit list is published online for all the courses, which can be downloaded to check the qualified candidates. These candidates will have to report at the centre for the counselling and document verification process. For more information about Calcutta University Result 2020, merit list, selection procedure read the page below.
Calcutta University Result 2020
Currently, there are around 11,000 post-graduate students are enrolled in Calcutta University. Candidates can check the dates related to Calcutta University Result 2020 from the table below:
|Course||Declaration of Result||Direct Link|
|M.Tech||Last week of Jul 2020||Link will be available here|
|BA LLB||to be announced!||Link will be available here|
|B.Ed||to be announced!||Link will be available here|
|BLIS-MLIS||Last week of Aug 2020||Link will be available here|
|MA / M.Sc (Eco.)||02 week of Jul 2020||Link will be available here|
|M.Com||to be notified!||Link will be available here|
|B.Tech||02 week of Jul 2020||Link will be available here|
|B.Sc (FN & H.D)||02 week Jun 2020||Link will be available here|
|M.Ed||02 week Jul 2020||Link will be available here|
Check Here – Candidates can check the Calcutta University 2020 result as per schedule at official website caluniv.ac.in
Calcutta University Merit List 2020
University will prepare the merit list on the basis of the entrance exam or the qualifying exam. Candidates can check the merit list of each course on the official website. Merit list will carry the rank of the qualified candidates, as these candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their ranks and choice of preferences. In case of tie-breaking, candidates will get rank on the basis of tie-breaking criteria
Calcutta University Admission 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case of two or more candidates are having same marks in qualifying examination or entrance exam, then the mentioned below tie-breaking criteria will be used:
- In case of a tie for 60% seats (on the basis of Qualifying marks), the aggregate of marks in general subjects will be considered.
- For 40% seats (based on entrance exam), then candidates having less no. of negative answer will be placed on a higher rank.
- If tie continues, then the percentage of qualifying degree will be considered.
Integrated BLIS- MLIS
- In case of tie, the candidate having less number of negative marks will be considered for higher rank
- If tie continues, then the marks/percentage obtained in Hons and/ or Masters Degree will be considered/
How to Check Calcutta University 2020 Result?
Candidates can check the result of entrance exam by following th mentioned below steps:
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the course you have applied for
Step 2: After that, click on the result and open the merit list
Step 3: Press Ctrl + F and search your name in the merit list
Step 4: Check the marks and rank scored in the entrnace exam.
Calcutta University 2020 Admission Procedure
Candidates will be selected and allotted the seats on the basis of the mentioned below criteria of all courses:
- B.Ed – Candidates will be selected on the basis of the rank in the merit list and the choices fill the at the time filling the application form.
- MA/M.Com/M.Sc. – 60% of seats will be allotted to the candidates of Calcutta University (CU) on the basis of the qualification degree marks. Whereas 40% of seats will be allotted to the Non- Candidates and rest of CU candidates on the basis of the rank in the entrance exam. Candidates have to provide choices at the time of filling the application form
- B.Sc. (FN & H.D) – the merit list of the candidates will be released on the basis of the qualifying examination. Selected candidates will have to appear for the counseling process at the date and time, venue mentioned in the call letter along with the documents and the written application of choices of colleges and courses.
- B.Tech – Candidates will be selected on the basis of the score and rank in WBJEE. Candidates have to fill the choices of college and courses in the application form in the order preferences.
- M.Tech – 60% seats will be allotted to the B.Tech/MCA candidates of Calcutta University and 40% will be selected on the basis of the entrance exam. Candidates will have to appear for the interview along with the documents for verification. On the basis of the performance in exam and interview, University will release the list of candidates who will be allotted seats in the desired college.
Documents required at the time of M.Tech interview –
- Online generated application form with e-receipt of Challan (Application Fee) downloaded from the system.
- Proof of Date of Birth and Age
- Original Mark Sheet and Certificates of all preceding examinations
- GATE/GPAT scorecard (based on the data provided by the candidates)
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Physically disabled certificates issued by the Government of West Bengal
- Candidates who are employed are required to bring with them “No Objection Certificate / Sponsorship Certificate” (as per prescribed format)
Calcutta University 2020 Seat Allotment
After all the process, University will release the result of the seat allotment on the official website. Qualified candidates will be allotted seats as per the preferences There will be around 3 allotment rounds. Candidates who will be allotted seats will have to the centre for counseling and have to pay the admission fee. If a candidate is not selected in the first phase, he/she has to wait for the second list. Same will be held for the next round till the vacant seats.
Calcutta University 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates have to pay the fee after the allotment of the seat. Check the fee structure of Calcutta University as per last year from below:
|Course||Total Fee (p.a)|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) F&N/H.D.||Rs. 1,624|
|B.Tech||Rs. 5472 (1st semester)|
|B.Ed (Deputed candidates)||Rs. 12,588|
|B.Ed (Fresher students)||Rs. 2988|
Calcutta University 2020 Seat Details
Candidates can check the total seats offered by the Calcutta University of all the courses from below:
|M.Com ( CU Candidates)||251|
|M.Com (40% SEATS FOR C.U, NON-C.U candidates)||168|
About Calcutta University
University of Calcutta is the first institution that was established as multidisciplinary in Asia in 1857. Now it is recognized as a ‘Five Star University’ in India. It was started with only 41- team members now it has 65 Departments including into 8 facilities. Currently, it has 136 colleges are affiliated to the Calcutta University and 18 research centre accross Kolkata. In first instance it has adpoted the pattern of London University, now it has modified its constitutions.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.