Calcutta University Result 2018 for various entrance exams & Admission is available here. Candidates can check their Entrance Result, Merit List, Allotment Results from the link provided below. Calcutta University Result 2018 will be helpful to the aspirants in moving the higher level of the course in which the applicants are studying. Candidates are advised to keep checking this website for more details about the examination.
Calcutta University Result 2018
Candidates can check their results online from the official website of Calcutta University. Calcutta University Result 2018 has been published here after the announcement by the university. Links for Merit List / Result is given below in the table for various courses admission & entrance exams.
Counselling of Document Verification Process details will be announced at the time of declaration of Result of Calcutta University.
|MLIS||29 Dec 2017||Available soon|
|RET||13 Jul 2018- Geology
15 Jun 2018- Archaeology
|LLM||27 Apr 2018||Click here to check LLM merit list.|
|M.A.(40% of Seats)||Last week of Jul 2018||Available soon|
|BA LLB||Last week of Jun 2018||Available soon|
|M.Tech||02 Jul 2018||Click here | Interview Schedule|
|M.A. & M.Sc. Economics (Part B)||10 Aug 2018||Click Here | MA First Selection List | MA First Selection List provisional admission| MA Second Selection List | M.A Third Selection List|
|M.Com (Part B)||10 Aug 2018||Click here | First Selection List | Second Selection List | Third Selection List for M.Com|
|M.A., M.Com & M.Sc. Economics (Part A)||24 Jul 2018||Second Selection List for M.Com | Second Selection list for M.A | Third Selection for M.A | Third Selection List for M.Com|
|B.Tech / M.Sc. (Ag.)||1st week of Aug 2018||Available soon|
|M.Ed||20 Jul 2018||Available soon|
|Ph.D||4th week of May 2018||Available soon|
Jute Technology and Management
|To be announced||Available soon|
|PG Diploma in
Jute Technology and Management
|Last week of July 2018||Available soon|
|B.Ed||22 Jun 2018||Available soon|
|BLIS||2nd week of Jun 2018||Available soon|
Documents required at the time of interview
Following list of documents are required at the time of interview in original and photocopy:
- The hard copy of the online generated application form with e-receipt of Challan (Application Fee) downloaded from system.
- Proof of Date of Birth and Age – Class X admit card & mark sheet is required containing the Date of Birth to be submitted during personal interview.
- Original Mark Sheet and Certificates of all preceding examinations starting from School Board examination. Mark sheets / Grade Sheets / Degree Certificates of all academic records. (Candidates, whose qualifying examination result and certification are not available while applying are required to provide Original passed Mark Sheet with requisite eligibility from the concerned Institution during the time of Interview.
- GATE / GPAT score card (based on the data provided by the candidates)
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- e physically disabled candidates, who have submitted their applications, must bring the necessary certificates issued by the Government of West Bengal at the time of Interview for consideration. Caste certificate (if applicable) issued by Government of West Bengal. OBC (with Non-Creamy Layer) and SC or ST community certificate. Domicile certificate, if applicable, must be submitted as per prescribed format during the personal interview
- Candidates who are employed are required to bring with them “No Objection Certificate / Sponsorship Certificate” (as per prescribed format) from their employers in case they are currently employed, failing which they will not be entertained.
- Candidate may note that failing to produce requisite documents in original at the time of Interview; his / her candidature will be rejected.
- Candidate failed to appear at the Entrance Test will not be eligible for interview. Candidate failed to appear at the interview in the scheduled date & time ; his / her candidature will be cancelled.
- University reserves the right to withdraw the admission in case candidates DOES NOT fulfill minimum qualification / required percentage or marks in qualifying examination or supplies any false information, as the case may be
- No TA/DA and accommodation shall be provided to be candidates for attending the Entrance test and / or Interview.
Selection process of Calcutta University (C.U) for various courses will depend on two different categories. Here we have provided the admission/selection procedure as adopted by Calcutta University for its three different courses, namely- M.A., M.Com and M.Sc Economics. The selection process will be categorized distinctively for two different categories classified as Part A and Part B
Part A Selection Procedure
- Part A will comprise of students who are already enrolled as a part of Calcutta University.
- 60% of the total seats in each course will be earmarked for C.U. students only.
- Honours Graduates of the Autonomous Colleges affiliated to C.U will also come under Part A.
- Selection procedure will comprise of evaluation of merit list based on percentage of marks secured in Honours subject.
- In case there is a tie, the aggregate of marks in general subjects will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates already enrolled as students in C.U will have the option to either sit for the scheduled Common Entrance Test or opt out of it. For candidates who choose to opt out of the entrance test as conducted by C.U, they will be considered for selection under Part A only.
Part B Selection Procedure
- All non-C.U students will come under Part B with 40% of seats being secured for them.
- Selection will strictly depend on the merit secured under the Common Entrance Test as conducted by C.U.
- Also candidates from Part A who opted for the Common Entrance Test will be considered under Part B.
- In case of a tie of marks as procured in the written entrance test, selection of candidates will then be based on less negative marking as obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates will be placed in higher position in the merit list than the ones who obtained more negative mark(s).
- Further, if need be, a tie still exists, the percentage of marks from Honours degree will be taken into consideration in calculating the merit list.