Calcutta University RET 2019 – Applications in plain paper are invited from eligible candidates for RET, CU. The eligibility for appearing at the RET examination is Masters degree as per existing rule of C.U. [Appeared candidates will not be allowed to submit applications for RET]. Candidates can check the complete information of Calcutta University RET 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
Calcutta University RET 2019
- Interview will be held for candidates declared successful in the RET (written part) and also for the candidates who have already cleared eligibility tests like NET, GATE, SLET etc., or, having M.Phil., or M.Tech.
- Declaration of the name(s) of successful candidates in the RET will be displayed on the Notice Board of the respective departments, after due approval of the result by the honorable Vice- Chancellor, C.U.
|Important Events||RET Geology||RET Archeology||Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science|
|Last date for submission
of application by the candidates in plain paper
|29 Mar 2019||2nd week of Jun 2019||1st week of Jul 2019|
|Date of Commencement
of RET (written part)
|08 Apr 2019
(12 noon – 2:30 PM)
|2nd week of Jun 2019||1st week of Jul 2019|
|Declaration of result||09 Apr 2019
(after 5:30 PM)
|2nd week of Jun 2019||To be announced.|
|Date of commencement
of RET (interview part)
|10 Apr 2019
(12 noon onwards)
|3rd week of Jun 2019||2nd week of Jul 2019|
Applications in plain paper are invited from eligible candidates for RET, CU as per the format given below
- Name of the Candidate :
- (A recent signed passport-size photograph of the candidate to be affixed at the top right-hand corner of the application)
- Address for communication :
- Father’s Name/ Husband’s Name :
- Contact telephone number (s):
- Landline :
- E-mail :
- Date of birth :
- Whether belong to SC/ST or other reserved categories (specify):
- Name of the last examination passed with the year of passing : [Educational qualification supported by attested photocopies of testimonials (starting from B.Sc. level for RET Geology)(starting from Madhyamik/ICSE/CBSE level for RET Archeology), mentioning name of the examination, subjects taken, name of the College/University from where passed, percentage of marks, class/grade point average(where available), year of passing ]:
- Whether already qualified at national level tests like NET, GATE, SLET, or have obtained M.Phil, M.Tech etc. :
[Provide the name of above examination passed, year of passing, and photocopy of the validity period of the score if applicable. Attach attested NET/GATE/SLET/M.Phil /M.Tech certificate/diploma.
- Are you currently employed? Yes/No : [If employed, then provide name & address of the organization, and the present designation held]:
- Department and Institution/University where the candidate desires to carry out his/her research:
- Title and abstract of candidate’s M.Sc. / M.Sc.(Tech) / M.Tech / M.Phil thesis/dissertation.:
[Separate enclosure(s) may be used and properly referred to for the abstract(s)]
- The preferred discipline of proposed Ph.D. research and broad theme of the proposed Ph.D. research (within 250 words) :
(This write-up must be forwarded by an eligible supervisor who is willing to supervise the proposed Ph.D. work)
- Signature of the candidate
Each candidate should apply in the prescribed format by payin a fee of Rs. 100/- at the cash counter of University of Calcutta. A photocopy of the challan of RET examination- fee deposited by the candidate must be attached to the application of the candidate for the RET.
The candidates can check the RET 2019 Syllabus from here. The questions asked in the entrance exam will be based on the syllabus. Hence, the questions asked in the subjects like Geology, Archeology and Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science will be based on the Calcutta University RET syllabus.
Syllabus: Click Here to check the Syllabus for RET examination (Department of Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science), 2018.
Important Point to Note
- RET will comprise of written examination followed by an interview to be conducted by the respective departments, the University of Calcutta as per existing CU norms.
- RET written examination: Candidates who have already passed any national level tests like NET, GATE, SLET or, have obtained M.Phil, or M.Tech, with examination scores valid on the day of holding the RET written examination need not appear again for the written examination. However, those candidates must appear at the interview-part of RET.
- All the questions in the written examination of RET are compulsory. The Full marks of RET will be 50.
- The questions in the written test of RET Geology will comprise two parts: Group-A(10 marks):one broad answer type of questions (answer to be given in approx. 250 words) Group-B : (40 marks): twenty short answer type of questions (each question bears 2 marks).
- The questions in the written test of RET Archaeology will comprise two parts: Group-A (30 marks): Three broad answer type of questions (answer to be given in approx. 250 words) Group-B: (20 marks): Ten short answer type of questions (each question bears 2 marks)
- All candidates appearing at the RET Geology written part will need to answer all questions. Questions will be set in such a way that the grasp of the candidate in different branches of Earth Sciences could be evaluated.
- All candidates appearing at the RET Archaeology written part will need to answer these questions. Questions will be set in such a way that the grasp of the candidates in different branches of Archaeology could be evaluated.
- The syllabus for RET Geology written examination will be based on the current M.Sc. (Applied Geology) syllabus of the University of Calcutta, and the current B.Sc. Geology (Honours) syllabus of the University of Calcutta.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fvFr5I9OKpQ13p8ZkVjsqwaOwQC2wrYV/view?usp=sharing
- The syllabus for RET Archaeology written examination will be based on the current M.A./M.Sc. syllabus in Archaeology of the University of Calcutta.
- RET interview: RET Interview will be conducted for the candidates declared successful in the written examination held during the same selection process and also for the candidates successful in the national level tests, or, having M.Phil. or M.Tech with the result of such tests/degrees/diplomas valid on the day of the written part of RET. Candidates will be interviewed by the members of the faculty of the respective departments, from the university and any other expert(s) invited by the Departmental Committee, to assess the candidate’s ability to perform research-work in the discipline opted by the candidate.
- Selected candidate(s) will take up doctoral research projects under the guidance of a willing supervisor(s) with research interest matching that of the candidate(s) as mentioned in his/her application for RET. Suitable tagging of candidates with supervisors will be accomplished.
Official Website: www.caluniv.ac.in
Insofar, Official details for RET 2019 Geology has been announced, official details regarding other department has not been released. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Calcutta University will release the information it will be updated here.